• Hey everyone, staff have documented a list of banned content and subject matter that we feel are not consistent with site values, and don't make sense to host discussion of on Famiboards. This list (and the relevant reasoning per item) is viewable here.
  • Furukawa Speaks! We discuss the announcement of the Nintendo Switch Successor and our June Direct Predictions on the new episode of the Famiboards Discussion Club! Check it out here!

StarTopic [Spoilers Allowed] Nintendo Direct Speculation |ST8| Press Your (Nintendo Direct) Luck! [Read Staff Post]

Which heavily rumored "it's absolutely gonna show up this time" game are we NOT going to see?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Soon rhymes with June.
dcvcozy-796d38f7-68ca-4d52-8825-4f49bf8890cf.gif
So does "noon". Whatever day it falls on, 12:00 PM PST confirmed.

Why do you even care so much about this?

You’ve literally been whining about it for years. You have privileged information about one of the most secretive companies in all of entertainment. If you talk about said information or give hints about it in this ad revenue driven age people are going to write articles or make videos about your info or hints. If that offends you so much why even do it?

Would it help if the publications or YouTube channels gave you a percentage of their ad revenue?
If I give hints or share the info, then it's fair game. I have no interest in having headlines made about the timing based on me saying something -- hence, I'm not saying anything right now. Which is what my comment is relaying. I have no interest in sharing info, teasing the info or hinting at the timing and having it be made into a headline at the moment.

Crazy thought, what if the next Nintendo warriors game is a smaller scale game centered around SW3wii’s Murasame castle mode, brings back Takamaru and is a mini crossover that mainly uses the existing Hyrule/FE Warriors characters.

Call it the Mysterious Nintendo Castle Warriors

Only 3DS remaster I need is Codename STEAM. Come on, Nintendo give the game another chance. No other 3DS game is more deserving than that gem.

Only 3DS remaster I need is Codename STEAM. Come on, Nintendo give the game another chance. No other 3DS game is more deserving than that gem.
Valve would send an email to Nintendo demanding codename STEAM gets a steam release as well.

If I give hints or share the info, then it's fair game. I have no interest in having headlines made about the timing based on me saying something -- hence, I'm not saying anything right now. Which is what my comment is relaying. I have no interest in sharing info, teasing the info or hinting at the timing and having it be made into a headline at the moment.
just wanna say, it's kinda funny in a messed-up sort of way that last direct, you had someone yelling at you about how you should stop leaking things if you don't want people yelling at you

and now you're choosing not to leak something, and that's getting you yelled at. Real damned if you do/damned if you don't stuff

That’s completely fair. Thanks for explaining.

For repeatedly harassing another user over a series of posts, you have been threadbanned for 3 days. - ngpdrew, BassForever, MissingNo., Big Lantern Ghost, Dardan Sandiego
This is the most mealy-mouthed post I've seen in a long time. Makes absolutely no sense at all lol

Last edited:
yeah this is sort of a honk schoo honk schoo mimimimimi type speculation season for me

i googled this and after some cursory clicking, i was appalled to not see one single reference to the apex example

yes i am old (in case me googling a meme didn't convince you)

Oh that's clear, it's just a nonsense reason. But you do you.
Last time people leaked the date/window of a direct, it seemingly got delayed a week because of Xbox's thing. Everyone involved was called a liar and told they just should have kept their mouths shut if they weren't willing to deal with the backlash

Why would anyone want to risk bringing that kind of heat on themselves again, especially for something as inconsequential as the date of an already-confirmed direct

i wanna know when the direct is too but sometimes i think we should take a step back and realize that on some level, it is deeply silly to be this invested in a company's marketing strategies, and we should take this a couple degrees less seriously. knowing would be nice, but its seriously not that big a deal if we dont, especially since we already know itll happen in at least 3 weeks time

I think many people in this thread need to step away from their computer or smartphone, and take a couple of laps around the Famiboards building. If when you come back you're still frothing at the mouth about when in June is this direct, take another couple of laps. Repeat until you've calmed down.

Last time people leaked the date/window of a direct, it seemingly got delayed a week because of Xbox's thing. Everyone involved was called a liar and told they just should have kept their mouths shut if they weren't willing to deal with the backlash

Why would anyone want to risk bringing that kind of heat on themselves again, especially for something as inconsequential as the date of an already-confirmed direct
Sad thing is... once the day got closer, I had a good gif tease planned that would have been similar to the legendary use of the Elmo fire gif,

i wanna know when the direct is too but sometimes i think we should take a step back and realize that on some level, it is deeply silly to be this invested in a company's marketing strategies, and we should take this a couple degrees less seriously. knowing would be nice, but its seriously not that big a deal if we dont, especially since we already know itll happen in at least 3 weeks time
I know when the Direct is
it's in June

So it's a matter of optimal timing with respect to the content mill running wild and mitigating the potential backlash of terminally online nerds who can't handle leaks not always being accurate?

Got it.

it looks like silksong for sure won't be at xbox's show. maybe in the direct then.

5NxoWdb.png
Naw, see, this is because Geoff pulled up to Phil’s mansion threatening violence via pizza pan if he didn’t let him reveal the Silksong release date at his show instead

I don't know what to make of this. Schreier has a great track record but so does eXtas1s the xbox leaker.
Schreier isn't going to report or say something that's pretty direct (hehe) unless it's nailed down...like he doesn't really speculate.

If Mega Man X9 and/or Ace Attorney 7 shows up at SGF I guess I won't mind waiting one more week for the direct.
Both sounds more like Direct announcements tbh. Though stranger things happened, such as Ghosts n Goblins getting revealed at the TGA's instead of Direct.

Sad thing is... once the day got closer, I had a good gif tease planned that would have been similar to the legendary use of the Elmo fire gif,
Famiboards needs to witness the day that the St. Elmo's Fire tease is finally topped if it's the last thing we do

mega man i can see but for ace attorney i think capcom knows the best place to announce it would be a direct.

the Apollo Justice collection was announced in Capcom's own show (which I don't think they're doing this year), so I could see that being something they give to Keighley rather than holding it for a direct

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom