• Hey everyone, staff have documented a list of banned content and subject matter that we feel are not consistent with site values, and don't make sense to host discussion of on Famiboards. This list (and the relevant reasoning per item) is viewable here.
  • Furukawa Speaks! We discuss the announcement of the Nintendo Switch Successor and our June Direct Predictions on the new episode of the Famiboards Discussion Club! Check it out here!

StarTopic [Spoilers Allowed] Nintendo Direct Speculation |ST8| Press Your (Nintendo Direct) Luck! [Read Staff Post]

Which heavily rumored "it's absolutely gonna show up this time" game are we NOT going to see?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Honestly, I don't really care about knowing the date ahead of time. As long as it's anytime after the 18th I'm happy. We know it's coming. That's what matters.

the Apollo Justice collection was announced in Capcom's own show (which I don't think they're doing this year), so I could see that being something they give to Keighley rather than holding it for a direct
Yeah i could see showing off Ace Attorney at Summer Games Fest over a Direct. Despite being a Nintendo centric franchise the collections seem to have sold well of PC and PlayStation.

891545c2c01fb42931f14cfa4b5d30dfa0552ea5.gif

I literally watched this episode two nights ago, in the middle of binging all of BTAS.

speaking of ace attorney, i got reminded of the sales we got for the first trilogy from the capcom leak, they always give me a chuckle

Switch - 462,395
PC - 245,339
PS4 - 103,235
Xbox - 4,821

Thing are getting hotter here right?
We can still reset the clock since we don't have sure of the day of the announcement

I expect this SGF and Xbox showcase to be pretty uneventful, will still watch a bit.

Im thinking the Direct could be the last week, but just feels too late? Third week is perfect

speaking of ace attorney, i got reminded of the sales we got for the first trilogy from the capcom leak, they always give me a chuckle

Switch - 462,395
PC - 245,339
PS4 - 103,235
Xbox - 4,821
And that's why they did a physical release for the next couple Switch collections and didn't even bother with Great Ace Attorney on Xbox.

Brazil (the journalist) flew to the United States yesterday afternoon for the Summer Game Festival. His podcast has gained a lot of traction here in Brazil. Unfortunately Portuguese is a very restricted language and few people here can hear it.

The cool thing about it is that he actually has information about the industry, unlike some sites that piggyback on what's leaked and go around saying "oh, I know that too".

Brazil (the journalist) flew to the United States yesterday afternoon for the Summer Game Festival. His podcast has gained a lot of traction here in Brazil. Unfortunately Portuguese is a very restricted language and few people here can hear it.

The cool thing about it is that he actually has information about the industry, unlike some sites that piggyback on what's leaked and go around saying "oh, I know that too".
Brazil is my third favorite leaker after Pyoro and Markomaro

Why isn't there a way, if I may ask?
It started development as a Switch game and as recently as last month, has still been listed as a Switch game on Nintendo's fiscal reports. They are not going to have it skip the Switch altogether after all this time and with no warning. The most we can expect is either a cross-platform release on Switch 2, or a patch that upscales it for Switch 2. But my gut tells me it will strictly be Switch 1 only but playable on Switch 2 via backwards compatibility.

It started development as a Switch game and as recently as last month, has still been listed as a Switch game on Nintendo's fiscal reports. They are not going to have it skip the Switch altogether after all this time and with no warning. The most we can expect is either a cross-platform release on Switch 2, or a patch that upscales it for Switch 2. But my gut tells me it will strictly be Switch 1 only but playable on Switch 2 via backwards compatibility.
i'm not saying the game has moved to switch 2 exclusively
BUT
as a game that was announced for switch 1, until they are ready to announce their plans for it of course they would keep listing it as a switch 1 game every quarter in their financial report. any change would be making some kind of announcement regarding the game, and they clearly aren't ready to do that. they can't just remove it from that list cuz people would be asking what happened, and they weren't going to mention it being a switch 2 title when they weren't acknowledging a switch successor existing until last month.

BUT
as a game that was announced for switch 1, until they are ready to announce their plans for it of course they would keep listing it as a switch 1 game every quarter in their financial report. any change would be making some kind of announcement regarding the game, and they clearly aren't ready to do that. they can't just remove it from that list cuz people would be asking what happened, and they weren't going to mention it being a switch 2 title when they weren't acknowledging a switch successor existing until last month.
That's fair. I still think a Switch release is guaranteed nonetheless, even if it isn't the definitive version of the game, because that is what has been promised for this long.

Nate deserves a little stick.

Not because of what he does leakwise but because he gets 13 Yeahs if he posts what alcohol he’s drinking.

He can’t keep getting away with it.
We would live in a much better world already if Nate posted about how great Turrican is and got lots of +Yeahs!

I hope it will be soon Direct o'clock.

If there's a Switch 2 version of Prime 4, it won't come out until maybe a year later

Taking advantage of the new hardware is going to requiere extra development time

If there's a Switch 2 version of Prime 4, it won't come out until maybe a year later

Taking advantage of the new hardware is going to requiere extra development time
Fine with me but I wouldn’t be surprised if it’s been in the works for a while.

It’s been literally 18 years since Prime 4 was announced.

I feel like remasters would be a nice way to refresh the narrative they have going before dwelving into Bravely Third/Thirdly/
Sword
I totally agree but I need them to tell us that they are working on the third game right after the announcement of the remasters.
I need a confirmation that this game really exist honestly, I don’t care if it comes out in 2025 or 2030, just tell me that exists!!

Fine with me but I wouldn’t be surprised if it’s been in the works for a while.

It’s been literally 18 years since Prime 4 was announced.
Or Metroid Prime 4 has been done and they’ve been working on Switch 2 Version for awhile now like you said. Why would Nintendo and Retro not make a Switch 2 version of Metroid Prime 4? Do we understand this is Retro Studios.

I mean the guy can do whatever he wants, but saying "I know the day of the direct but I'm not telling cause reasons :sneaky:" is getting the attention it deserves.
People ask me a question about the timing. I say I'm not giving a hint at the moment. It's not as though I enter the thread and say, "I know but won't say". Your example is flawed.

BUT

They keep advertising Prime 4 as a Switch 1 game on their job hiring ads, even for positions like programmer where this would matter a lot. And they don't need to say it's for Switch 1 on these job ads, but they go out of their way to do so.

One part of me would love this, but honestly I need a new game in the series not a remaster 😭😭😭
Same, if only to make up for how disappointed I was with BD II.

Hidden content is only available for registered users. Sharing it outside of Famiboards is subject to moderation.

I hope Nintendo use the June Direct to confirm they're cancelling Paper Mario from now on and will be turning all leakers into overpaid brand ambassadors.

It's the only way to bring peace to Famiboards and I think Furukawa knows it. Please be aware.

Didn't they want anyone to make biopic of the band so studios had to loophole movies about them? Like not beatles but Stuart Sutcliffe etc.

Anyway someone should make a The Beatles JRPG. George as a mage, Ringo as a thief, Paul as a Pauladin and John as Gollum. We could have bosses like Blue Meanie, Rocky Raccoon, Mr. Kite, Nowhere Man, Starman waiting in the sky he wants to come and meet us...

Anarchy would ensue if they never mentioned a direct occurring in June. Knowing the date is just stupid and doesn’t help anyone.

Nate has a right to share info or not, you have to be careful because plans change. If he says it’s the 18th and then it gets pushed back a week for some reason then he looks like an ass.

Just gotta be patient. Longest we’ll be waiting is 25 days, MAX.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom