• Hey everyone, staff have documented a list of banned content and subject matter that we feel are not consistent with site values, and don't make sense to host discussion of on Famiboards. This list (and the relevant reasoning per item) is viewable here.
  • Furukawa Speaks! We discuss the announcement of the Nintendo Switch Successor and our June Direct Predictions on the new episode of the Famiboards Discussion Club! Check it out here!

StarTopic [Spoilers Allowed] Nintendo Direct Speculation |ST8| Press Your (Nintendo Direct) Luck! [Read Staff Post]

Which heavily rumored "it's absolutely gonna show up this time" game are we NOT going to see?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
If the game doesn't show up this year, I'll begin to believe it doesn't exist.
agreed-pirates-of-the-carribean.gif

We’ll see. I personally think it’s more likely that they’ll alternate between 2D and 3D games more frequently than that. I believe HAL loves Kirby too much to completely stop making any new traditional 2D games for a long time.

I say this as some who loves Forgotten Land and is very excited to see more 3D Kirby, too, by the way.
3D Kirby should be the priority now and 2D Kirby new game can come after

2D Zelda gets announced

Oh, cool... yeah that's so cool, totally, so exciting...

Goes cry in the corner because its not multiplayer

I never said you said otherwise…
Sorry, guess I read your post as if you were saying essentially the same thing as the other post replying to me about that. (I’m very tired and cranky today… =P)

I’m surprised no one talked about today the person who accurately shared the date of the last show posted in the thread today:

What surprises me most is that Brazil, Necro or Nate haven't said anything about the next ND date yet.... Or they don't want to say.

I respect their choice not to say anything. Maybe they don't even know the date (which I doubt) but I've always found it nice to give “hints” :)

I don't want to see any game announcements revealed in advance by leakers. In my eyes, the next Direct will be very important, and I want to keep it a complete surprise.

What surprises me most is that Brazil, Necro or Nate haven't said anything about the next ND date yet.... Or they don't want to say.

I respect their choice not to say anything. Maybe they don't even know the date (which I doubt) but I've always found it nice to give “hints” :)

I don't want to see any game announcements revealed in advance by leakers. In my eyes, the next Direct will be very important, and I want to keep it a complete surprise.
I have no interest in saying it at this point in time. Don't need videos and articles written about it.

Who is this “Furukawa” guy and do we trust him? What’s his track record with prior leaks?

Personally I call bullshit on this “June Direct” /s

Would all these indie digital sales end on June 20th if the Direct was the 18th? I'm sure it's been discussed already but when those sales popped up I thought next week makes the most sense.

Silksong has actually evolved from DLC to a full video game to now being its own video game console. This is why it’s taking so long.

eventually in 50 years in the middle of building an actual artificial continent in the middle of the ocean where the game can take place in real life they'll realize they've gone too far and just release it

Silksong is the game I'm looking forward the most to right now, just so I can stop hearing about it

Silksong is the game I'm looking forward the most to right now, just so I can stop hearing about it
At this point, as someone for whom hollow knight was a top 5 game of all time, I'd prefer announcing its cancellation over more silence. just so I can escape this purgatory.

Really, I'm legitimately starting to have doubts it wasn't redone from scratch after the first batch of trailers...

At this point, as someone for whom hollow knight was a top 5 game of all time, I'd prefer announcing its cancellation over more silence. just so I can escape this purgatory.

Really, I'm legitimately starting to have doubts it wasn't redone from scratch after the first batch of trailers...
I understand you. I also would sacrifice it so we can get Zoteboat earlier.

Silksong is likely at one of the upcoming shows given all the recent movement around it, so SGF, Xbox, or Nintendo. If Xbox is looking less likely and the vibe in LA is bad, it sounds like Nintendo has it.

Last edited:
By confirming the Direct in advance Furukawa has killed one of the Direct Speculation Doom Spirals. Normally any video update from Nintendo that isn't a June Direct would be greeted with:
Uncultured Fami User said:
Direct cancelled?
HOWEVER, despite Furukawa personally uploading five GameBoy ROMs to everybody's Switch consoles, no
Uncultured Fami User said:
Direct cancelled?
posts have appeared. Furukawa has changed the discourse.

Please be aware.

By confirming the Direct in advance Furukawa has killed one of the Direct Speculation Doom Spirals. Normally any video update from Nintendo that isn't a June Direct would be greeted with:

HOWEVER, despite Furukawa personally uploading five GameBoy ROMs to everybody's Switch consoles, no

posts have appeared. Furukawa has changed the discourse.

Please be aware.
I have seen some Mega Man fans doomposting that this could mean no Mega Man announcement at Summer Games Fest, so it's not entirely gone. Just under new management.

Right now the silksong announcement is a win win situation for me.
If it’s announced I get the game finally, if it’s not announced the saga continues and I can have fun seeing hollow knight’s fans losing their mind.
Either way I’m excited.

Right now the silksong announcement is a win win situation for me.
If it’s announced I get the game finally, if it’s not announced the saga continues and I can have fun seeing hollow knight’s fans losing their mind.
Either way I’m excited.

as someone that has no intention of playing it so doesn't really have much investment into when/if Silksong comes out i'll admit that it's been a little funny to watch but honestly if it isn't at any of the shows this month I feel like we're getting to the point where it'll just be kinda sad

Man that Silksong situation is confusing.

So many are certain it appears soon.
But Geoff said not at his show.
Some think it's on MS show, but after "updates" this doesn't look so likely anymore.
So we're full circle and it's back to "must be at the Direct".

Hey Team Cherry, just do you own short streaming event, i believe in you.

Who is this “Furukawa” guy and do we trust him? What’s his track record with prior leaks?

Personally I call bullshit on this “June Direct” /s

He leaked reliable Switch 2 stuff just 2 months ago. He does have the connections to know things.

if i was team cherry i'd just put a release date trailer on their own youtube channel and then tweet about it.

I’m surprised no one talked about today the person who accurately shared the date of the last show posted in the thread today:
no no no

this is just me speculating. I have no inside info, I just happened to have 2 times* and that was it.

One of those times I got it right and the other time I got it wrong because the date apparently changed, but it could also be that the person who gave me the information was wrong all along.

no no no

this is just me speculating. I have no inside info, I just happened to have 2 times* and that was it.

One of those times I got it right and the other time I got it wrong because the date apparently changed, but it could also be that the person who gave me the information was wrong all along.
June 11/12 is so back

the mere thought of the possibility of us having 3 new Fire Emblems on the Switch and no new Metroid Prime is enough to put me in a bad mood for the rest of the day.

Even if they're not showing Prime 4 (which is not unrealistic) in that Direct and keep it for the Switch 2 reveal, this game will definitely, 100% certainly, release on Switch.

They had enough shitstorms with this game, they're not going to stirr up another one by making it Switch 2 exclusive.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom