• Hey everyone, staff have documented a list of banned content and subject matter that we feel are not consistent with site values, and don't make sense to host discussion of on Famiboards. This list (and the relevant reasoning per item) is viewable here.
  • Furukawa Speaks! We discuss the announcement of the Nintendo Switch Successor and our June Direct Predictions on the new episode of the Famiboards Discussion Club! Check it out here!

StarTopic [Spoilers Allowed] Nintendo Direct Speculation |ST8| Press Your (Nintendo Direct) Luck! [Read Staff Post]

Which heavily rumored "it's absolutely gonna show up this time" game are we NOT going to see?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
really hope the direct delivers at least a couple interesting nintendo titles and some good third party stuff for this year. even after the summer conferences, the only games I'm really looking at for the rest of the year after June rn are Astro Bot, Metaphor and Sonic x Shadow Generations. can't think of a more barren h2 in recent memory, at least for my tastes

The last time Nintendo had a Direct during the first 15 days of June was in 2021, right? The last year of E3.
Didn't they have their June 2022 Partners Showcase and June 2023 Direct on the 20th something? Seems like they prefer their showcases to be around the last days of June.

wondering if the june direct will actually turn into an early july direct because of the traffic jam in the back half of the month

maybe they'll announce it on the 30th to air on tuesday the 2nd

if insider furukawa hadn't leaked the month people would be crazy right know, thinking theres no direct this month or even theres no event this year
Sometimes I wonder if the Nintendo Ninjas have caught him (like Pyoro), because he hasn’t spoken the last few weeks.

The last time Nintendo had a Direct during the first 15 days of June was in 2021, right? The last year of E3.
Didn't they have their June 2022 Partners Showcase and June 2023 Direct on the 20th something? Seems like they prefer their showcases to be around the last days of June.
Yeah iirc the years where there wasn't an E3 Nintendo chose to have the Directs quite a bit later. Wouldn't be surprised if that continues to be the case, especially as much as they seem to be distancing themselves from Geoff.

You’d be surprised.
thor-is-it-though.jpg

wondering if the june direct will actually turn into an early july direct because of the traffic jam in the back half of the month

It'd be funny to see yet another case of "insiders just lie and then cover their tracks with 'plans change'" except this time the insider is literally Shuntaro Furukawa

If Furukawa were a real leaker he'd tell us the name of the next gen console, instead he uses vague terms like 'successor to Nintendo Switch'. Can't keep getting away with it

Definitely not considering the statement. If that were to happen tho they’d probably just announce the date alongside a delay apology (likely earlier than usual)

I don't think them not having a date set yet is that hard to believe.

I've heard rumors that they don't actually announce the direct until Miyamoto wakes up and sees his shadow.

Definitely not considering the statement. If that were to happen tho they’d probably just announce the date alongside a delay apology (likely earlier than usual)
this is a good point

maybe we'll get the delay apology, promising a direct later this summer, sometime this week

I’d like to formally place my bet on Tuesday, June 18 for the Direct. It’ll be revealed the day before.

June 19 is out because of Juneteenth, June 20 is out because the announcement would be on Juneteenth, and June 21 is out because it’s a Friday. Directs aren’t usually on Tuesdays, but they’re definitely more likely than Fridays.

The following week is out because it’s LM2HD week.

June 18 just makes the most sense.

Yep this is made to big of a deal. They’ve announced directs the day before, 36 hours before and 2 days before. No one at Nintendo will get hurt if they announce it on Tuesday lol
Never forget the very first Partner Direct in July 2020 being announced at midnight ET for 9am the following day lol
Wonder how much stuff will be misreported from this thread today/this week.
Nate, if you feel comfortable sharing a yes/no answer, have you heard of a locked-down Direct date for this month? I wouldn't put it past Nintendo to still be undecided on the exact air date.

putting my bets on the 20th, announced the 18th. the last partner showcase they did was announced 2 days before, right? skip the whole holiday thing outright

Never forget the very first Partner Direct in July 2020 being announced at midnight ET for 9am the following day lol

Nate, if you feel comfortable sharing a yes/no answer, have you heard of a locked-down Direct date for this month? I wouldn't put it past Nintendo to still be undecided on the exact air date.
I have the window of expectation, yes -- window being a 3 day range (which is typically influenced by uncertainty due to timezones).

I’d like to formally place my bet on Tuesday, June 18 for the Direct. It’ll be revealed the day before.

June 19 is out because of Juneteenth, June 20 is out because the announcement would be on Juneteenth, and June 21 is out because it’s a Friday. Directs aren’t usually on Tuesdays, but they’re definitely more likely than Fridays.

The following week is out because it’s LM2HD week.

June 18 just makes the most sense.
To me, this is also probably the easiest date for them, unless something is going on behind the scenes and they need as much time as possible. It allows them to seemingly follow the same announcement to showcase cycle where there isn't a lot of time for it to simmer (especially if it's a 10 AM EDT announcement to 10 AM EDT Direct) and allows them to announce it during the week still. The most recent Tuesday Direct was September 2022 so it's not impossible!

I still think a Tuesday announcement, Thursday Direct could work (as shown with the Partner Showcase in February) but it's possible that was done like that because of the likely delay it faced due to the Xbox announcement. They haven't been shy of announcing events two days early but for the General Directs, this hasn't been the case since around 2018.

If it makes anyone feel better I don't think any of those four games/options will be at the direct. I just can't select more than one and Silksong is the one I am most confident at not being there.

I feel for Team Cherry. I don't think they expected a sequel to their indie Metroidvania about bugs to be one of the most hotly anticipated games ever on the internet, with frothing at the mouth and edge of seat suspense before every games showcase.

There's a poll added to the thread, so refresh to load it up and get answering what might be the toughest question to date!

I think each of Fire Emblem/Prime have a good chance of showing up although i'm not really expecting to see them both

Silksong I still think the vibes are there with the rating/trial but i'd be lying if I said I wasn't second guessing that feeling a little at this point

I voted for the Zelda remasters, not feeling the vibes there and honestly at this point i'm kinda expecting those to be more of a next year thing to fill in some of the upcoming long gap to the next new 3D Zelda

From most to least likely to appear IMO:

1. Fire Emblem
2. Prime 4
3. Zelda Remasters
4. Silksong

I feel really good about FE’s chances, not so much the others. While it feels overdue and like it’s time for Prime 4, you can never feel safe with that one. Zelda remasters always have a chance, but I don’t feel like they have a better chance now than they have for years. And Silksong… speaks for itself.

I'm sorry to say that I voted for silksong

I don't think they're super likely or anything but one or both zelda hagis could be good for the year's lineup

The only reason for WWHD and TPHD to not show up is because they are announcing a 2D Zelda instead, but Zelda in general is a lock for the Direct

I feel for Team Cherry. I don't think they expected a sequel to their indie Metroidvania about bugs to be one of the most hotly anticipated games ever on the internet, with frothing at the mouth and edge of seat suspense before every games showcase.
I don't really feel for them at all. They could easily communicate to not expect to see the game at _______ but don't. That's on them.

I don't think any game or franchise is a lock for the direct except maybe something Mario but even that isn't a lock. I believe they have had general directs in the past without Mario before.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom