• Hey everyone, staff have documented a list of banned content and subject matter that we feel are not consistent with site values, and don't make sense to host discussion of on Famiboards. This list (and the relevant reasoning per item) is viewable here.
  • Furukawa Speaks! We discuss the announcement of the Nintendo Switch Successor and our June Direct Predictions on the new episode of the Famiboards Discussion Club! Check it out here!

StarTopic [Spoilers Allowed] Nintendo Direct Speculation |ST8| Press Your (Nintendo Direct) Luck! [Read Staff Post]

Which heavily rumored "it's absolutely gonna show up this time" game are we NOT going to see?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Do people really expect both WWHD AND TPHD? Like, as a combo pack? I could see one or the other but both at once? Good luck with that pal
I don't. It's either neither, only one of them, or both but separate releases. They aren't doing a combo pack with none of their top series even if they're ports.

Do people really expect both WWHD AND TPHD? Like, as a combo pack? I could see one or the other but both at once? Good luck with that pal
Yes. $40 on their own on the eShop, or $70 as a bundle.

I don't think any game or franchise is a lock for the direct except maybe something Mario but even that isn't a lock. I believe they have had general directs in the past without Mario before.
If anything, Mario is one of the least likely ones to show up considering the entire first half of the year was Mario games aside from two very niche releases.

I could see them both releasing at the same time or see them releasing a year or so apart neither would really surprise me

as a combo pack though? yeah no way, maybe some sort of discount if you buy them both though if they do release at the same time

interesting

so brazil gets a two week range while nate gets three days

I wonder if anyone is epic enough to get it down to like 18 hours

and us chumps get the month it's in

I want to think this is all Furukawa and he's got a list of how detailed a timeframe everyone gets

I entertain the possibility of a WW and TP combo pack, likely priced more than $59.99, though I’d also guess they will be separate releases, especially if they are the newer versions which seems more likely. You’d think WW would come first, given it’s been longer since it released last, if they do it totally separate. If we get neither game announced this month, I still think Zelda is going to appear in the Direct, likely a brand new 2D adventure.

I can't wait to hear the stilted NoA Direct announcer be like: "The The Legend of Zelda: The Wind Waker HD Game and The The Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess HD Game are coming soon to the Nintendo Switch System!"

agaaaain.png

I understand why Silksong is winning the poll, but the thing is, Silksong is an actual game that exists, unlike WWHD and TPHD ports for Switch. So however unlikely Silksong is, it's still more likely than those two.

This direct can be 3 different things for me

An awesome direct if Fire Emblem is there
A meh direct if Fire Emblem isn't there but there is some other nice surprise
A bad direct if FE is there but is really underwhelming / engage-like aesthetics

I'm gonna hazard a guess that, if the date has yet to be nailed down, and it's within a three-day range that is likely to exclude Juneteenth, we're probably looking at the last week of June

I've booked a big day out in London on Thursday 20th, and won't be able to watch any big streams on the day (unless I do so in public and look really weird lol).

So there's the date, obviously.

As we saw with the lack of a General Direct during the first 3 months of the year, they're not always guaranteed. So, I figured that knowing a Direct was happening in June would help me with the wait, but nope lol.

This is Schrödinger's Direct for me. It could have Metroid Prime 4, or it could not. All this waiting just to find out it won't be there will definitely hurt my soul.

I'm an optimist but bundling TPHD and WWHD is wishful thinking. Zelda series is a goldmine and enjoys boosted popularity with BotW. Each of those beloved games alone could sustain a long ceremonious marketing campaign with special editions, amiibo restocks, decorated controllers/docks, lavish trailers, etc. Like Skyward Sword HD. Even a Hagi port of the GameCube originals could have that. Why waste this by bundling the two together? They're not sequels to each other, they're distinct visuals and gameplay wise, they both have meaty campaigns. Nintendo are not going to pack these two together and I doubt they'd even release them near each other. Ocarina and Majora I'm more likely to believe, but even then I think they'd get separate releases that are spread apart. If I'm wrong in the future, point and laugh.

After SSHD, 60 fps really is a must, but maybe its like Sunshine where the games glitch out because the physics are tied to the framerate or something and they just won't bother
Well, SS had basically no enchantments except for framerate. I doubt WWHD can run at 60fps.

Please do not be hostile to members for not sharing information. There are many reasons for why they may not be comfortable sharing it. - meatbag, BassForever, MissingNo, Zellia
Look, I like as much as the next person when Nate shares the date. I hope he finds it in his heart to tease us with a gif at some point.

But this year we have the luxury of knowing for a fact that there is a Direct in June. We know it's not this week. So it's either next week or the week after.

Done.

I wanna know the Direct date too. The wait is killing me. But I at least know that by July 1st I will have seen a new General Direct.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom