• Hey everyone, staff have documented a list of banned content and subject matter that we feel are not consistent with site values, and don't make sense to host discussion of on Famiboards. This list (and the relevant reasoning per item) is viewable here.
  • Furukawa Speaks! We discuss the announcement of the Nintendo Switch Successor and our June Direct Predictions on the new episode of the Famiboards Discussion Club! Check it out here!

StarTopic [Spoilers Allowed] Nintendo Direct Speculation |ST8| Press Your (Nintendo Direct) Luck! [Read Staff Post]

Which heavily rumored "it's absolutely gonna show up this time" game are we NOT going to see?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Nintendo is deep in development on Elite Beatles Agents, the sequel to Elite Beat Agents featuring a soundtrack consisting exclusively of songs from The Beatles. They need the help of the users of Famiboards to curate the song selection. What songs should make the cut?

Wow I can't believe the Nintendo Direct is cancelled.

doom.jpg

Pyoro says it isn’t happening, pack it up, Directs are dead forever!!!

Personally I still think next week could happen, either announced Monday for Tuesday, or announced Tuesday for Thursday. Just because one day is a holiday doesn’t mean the entire week is out, after all it’s only a holiday in one part of the world
When is the holiday?

Nintendo is deep in development on Elite Beatles Agents, the sequel to Elite Beat Agents featuring a soundtrack consisting exclusively of songs from The Beatles. They need the help of the users of Famiboards to curate the song selection. What songs should make the cut?
the entirety of Rubber Soul or we riot

I find it hard to believe they haven’t decided on a date yet. I mean, they knew it would be June over a month ahead of time. But now we’re 10 days into the month and they still don’t know a date? That’s weird to me. Only reason I can think of for that is METROID PRIME 4. Somehow. Idk maybe not.

I find it hard to believe they haven’t decided on a date yet. I mean, they knew it would be June over a month ahead of time. But now we’re 10 days into the month and they still don’t know a date? That’s weird to me. Only reason I can think of for that is METROID PRIME 4. Somehow. Idk maybe not.
I'm pretty sure they know the date. It's just no one outside Nintendo does. If any insiders do know, they haven't disclosed it.

For minimizing slavery, you have been banned for three months. - Lord Azrael, Zellia, MissingNo., big lantern ghost, Dardan Sandiego, meatbag, BassForever, NabiscoFelt, Party Sklar
9/11 ain't a holiday. And more Americans aren't sensitive about Juneteenth cause they are racist.
Now we are comparing suffering?

Can the moods please make something?

Most people here are not even from USA. And we have to stand people comparing planes crashing on buildings with people suffering on rural areas the most horrible things ever.

THIS IS A VIDEOGAME FORUM! wake up people

Now we are comparing suffering?

Can the moods please make something?

Most people here are not even from USA. And we have to stand people comparing planes crashing on buildings with people suffering on rural areas the most horrible things ever.

THIS IS A VIDEOGAME FORUM! wake up people
I mean I'm not comparing them, plus the conversation is over as far as i'm concerned.

Sad to say that Silksong feels the most likely to not show up out of that list

I have to agree.

Hollow Knight didn't grab me but I've been fascinated by the discourse surrounding Silksong. Smacks of a game that was announced way too early.

How about:

Both 9/11 and Juneteenth are bad dates to do anything. Slavery and a massacre are both horrible. Shut up and stop comparing tragedies, especially in a thread about a fucking Nintendo Direct.

Ugh, keep Nintendo away from EBA, it should be purely iNis job. I believe they're known as Liona today. As long as Keiichi Yano is there, so is the possibility of a new Ouendan game.

But Beatles? Nah. Their songs aren't built for a game like this. Abba is more like it. Just cram all the popular ones, including The Winner takes it all, One of Us, Ring Ring and Knowing me Knowing you, then we're good to go. Amanda Seyfried could star in its commercials lol

Also I'd love a Jump themed Ouendan game. All opening and closing themes for Jump animes, the "problems" could be all anime related. Ouendan could help Deku beating Shigaraki or Yuji eating another disgusting finger lol

Hey Brazil, any updates as to those games you said would be announced for Switch 2 during these past Summer showcases? Obviously it didn't pan out, but have you heard why?
You’re talking about third party games? I don’t believe I ever said anything about SGF or any specific showcases, just that I heard from contacts that their companies were antsy and hoping to be able to talk about some projects during the Summer.

The companies in question didn’t show up in Geoff’s thing at all, so I’m not too fussed. Someone will at the very least drop some winks sooner rather than later.

I did, however, talk to the dev of a smaller, anticipated release during SGF Play Days yesterday and they signaled that Nintendo hasn’t talked to them about Switch 2 at all yet, and that was personally a bit upsetting. There seems to be a huge chasm in communication between what Nintendo’s been telling big publishers and smaller ones.

They signaled that Nintendo hasn’t talked to them about Switch 2 at all yet, and that was personally a bit upsetting. There seems to be a huge chasm in communication between what Nintendo’s been telling big publishers and smaller ones.
yeah that’s what I expected…

You’re talking about third party games? I don’t believe I ever said anything about SGF or any specific showcases, just that I heard from contacts that their companies were antsy and hoping to be able to talk about some projects during the Summer.

The companies in question didn’t show up in Geoff’s thing at all, so I’m not too fussed. Someone will at the very least drop some winks sooner rather than later.

I did, however, talk to the dev of a smaller, anticipated release during SGF Play Days yesterday and they signaled that Nintendo hasn’t talked to them about Switch 2 at all yet, and that was personally a bit upsetting. There seems to be a huge chasm in communication between what Nintendo’s been telling big publishers and smaller ones.
yeah unfortunately a couple people misrepresented what you said. It was cleared up by DarthDiablo. With how fast these threads move not everyone saw.

I'm guessing most smaller publishers won't get any communication until right around a reveal trailer.

Just knowing that we're getting a full General Direct sometime in the next three weeks (realistically 17 days) is really all I need honestly. Elden Ring and SMTV:V are nearly here so I'll be very busy!

Maybe Furukawa wants to finish another Route of Three Houses and won’t have the direct until he’s done.
shuntaro furukawa's routine:

6am: play the 4th hidden route of FE3H
10am: meetup with masahiro sakurai to arrange a deal for edelgard and alear at smash bros
11am: watch over the team making the fire emblem genealogy of the holy war remake
12am: trying to get new ike and marth skins at fire emblem heroes at breaktime

/s

It could be that Nintendo for a time wants indies and small publishers to continue making Switch games to keep the platform alive at a time when Nintendo and big publishers will shift to make Switch 2 games.

Since I haven't yet, here's my list of things I want from this Direct that are pretty realistic IMO:

• FE4 Remake announcement
  • A release date for Ender Magnolia (maybe in a sizzle reel)
  • Metroid Prime 4 in some capacity
  • Something Zelda. Doesn't matter what - WW/TP, 2D, anything
  • DQ3HD2D to re-emerge

That's really about it. And even just getting most of that would be pretty great.

Ugh, keep Nintendo away from EBA, it should be purely iNis job. I believe they're known as Liona today. As long as Keiichi Yano is there, so is the possibility of a new Ouendan game.

But Beatles? Nah. Their songs aren't built for a game like this. Abba is more like it. Just cram all the popular ones, including The Winner takes it all, One of Us, Ring Ring and Knowing me Knowing you, then we're good to go. Amanda Seyfried could star in its commercials lol

Also I'd love a Jump themed Ouendan game. All opening and closing themes for Jump animes, the "problems" could be all anime related. Ouendan could help Deku beating Shigaraki or Yuji eating another disgusting finger lol
Nah we need the other big Swedish band Europe
I wish Nintendo would let a 3rd party use an IP again like they did with Cadence of Hyrule.
Time for Xenoblade Mystery Dungeon

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom