• Hey everyone, staff have documented a list of banned content and subject matter that we feel are not consistent with site values, and don't make sense to host discussion of on Famiboards. This list (and the relevant reasoning per item) is viewable here.
  • Furukawa Speaks! We discuss the announcement of the Nintendo Switch Successor and our June Direct Predictions on the new episode of the Famiboards Discussion Club! Check it out here!

StarTopic [Spoilers Allowed] Nintendo Direct Speculation |ST8| Press Your (Nintendo Direct) Luck! [Read Staff Post]

Which heavily rumored "it's absolutely gonna show up this time" game are we NOT going to see?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Nintendo of America is closed on the 19th so the direct won't be on this date, 100%.

Also the Nintendo Developer Portal will be under maintenance Tuesday, June 11, 11:00 a.m. to 2:00 p.m. PDT.

Based on this new data, here are the most possible dates

pHvLQrb.png

Star: Most likely
? Block: Less likely

Dark type would have been a much better fit considering he learns Sucker Punch, Assurance and Knock Off, and it's a better fit for his design and personality. There hasn't been a Dark type raid either.
You'll likely see Tera Dark on Feraligatr or perhaps Torterra, since those Pokémon learn Crunch, which is a much more consistent attacking move. None of the other starters have strong options for Electric moves, which is why Emboar is Tera Electric, even if it seems ham-fisted

They had Treehouse Segments even last year.
They still do Treehouse Segments but not after the "E3" Direct, it's just... random I guess. They do it when they feel like it and a very few times, so I don't think it's likely they'll do it for this Direct. Last year it was in September for Mario Wonder

They still do Treehouse Segments but not after the "E3" Direct, it's just... random I guess. They do it when they feel like it and a very few times, so I don't think it's likely they'll do it for this Direct. Last year it was in September for Mario Wonder
Oh yeah. They do it whenever they have a "big" direct or just want to show Gameplay. I can imagine that we could see something Treehouse after this direct, if they show Metroid Prime 4 but I wouldn‘t bet on it.

The 19th is a holiday in the US which makes that whole week kind of weird for Direct purposes.
Probably better off if they do it on the 19th, everybody will be home and off work.

This isn’t a holiday like Christmas where people have parties and festivities planned and aren’t paying attention to the internet.

No disrespect to the day itself but I don’t see why Nintendo would be very concerned about it, I actually think it would benefit them.

The Direct isn’t this week, it’s in late June. AFAIK the exact date isn’t even set yet.
Nintendo is reading through this thread to figure out how they want to handle working around Juneteenth versus not encroaching on LM2HD

Important to remember that the February direct was seemingly set for the same week as Mario vs. Donkey Kong before the Xbox shenanigans.

Probably on the 26th, much to the chagrin of everybody. Go figure that Nintendo would schedule the direct as late as possible once they actually gave a window.

Probably better off if they do it on the 19th, everybody will be home and off work.

This isn’t a holiday like Christmas where people have parties and festivities planned and aren’t paying attention to the internet.

No disrespect to the day itself but I don’t see why Nintendo would be very concerned about it, I actually think it would benefit them.
"Everybody" would not include NOA's workers who have to manage all the post-Direct messaging. They likely would not want to work in a holiday.

Hello everyone, I have been traveling for work lately.
I always follow you with pleasure, but I have missed the latest news.
So, is the direct planned for next week?

Hello everyone, I have been traveling for work lately.
I always follow you with pleasure, but I have missed the latest news.
So, is the direct planned for next week?

The "most solid" takes are:

• Confirmed for June, doesn't get any more official than by the word of the bigboss of Nintendo
  • Last June week is the least likely, because there's both the release of Luigi's Mansion 2 HD and where Nintendo has their big shareholder meeting

Anything else is free to guess.

I wouldn’t be surprised if we got perfect dark on NSO being revealed at the direct, also couple of rare older titles finally arriving.

Every possible week has its own plausible reason to not have a direct:
this week - no buzz at all from any credible leaker
next week - Juneteenth, NOA probably not working
final week - too close to Luigi’s Mansion 2

going by the process of elimination, the final week seems the most logical😓
or maybe Tuesday next week

Last edited:
The "most solid" takes are:

• Confirmed for June, doesn't get any more official than by the word of the bigboss of Nintendo
  • Last June week is the least likely, because there's both the release of Luigi's Mansion 2 HD and where Nintendo has their big shareholder meeting

Anything else is free to guess.
All focus on the Direct caused me to completely forget about this.

I wouldn’t be surprised if we got perfect dark on NSO being revealed at the direct, also couple of rare older titles finally arriving.
The one thing that holds Perfect Dark back (also Conker) is it being M-rated. Thankfully the Japanese service already found a way around this by introducing an 18+ app (GoldenEye and Jet Force/StarTwins are available here as opposed to the normal app), but they're gonna have to introduce that to the western NSO service at some point as well.

last week - too close to Luigi’s Mansion 2

going by the process of elimination, the last week seems the most logical😓
No going by that, Directs are cancelled forever and Nintendo won't even acknowledge it, all previous directs remain online, the tweet last month from Furokawa stays online, they will just never speak of a direct again. Whenever asked about it they will just say "stay tuned".

So what's the thread consensus: E3 time slot or standard Direct one? Can't recall what they did these past few years.
A direct this week would be unprecedented, because that would mean that the direct hasn't been leaked before announcement. I can't see that as realistic, meaning that the direct isn't this week.

A direct this week would be unprecedented, because that would mean that the direct hasn't been leaked before announcement. I can't see that as realistic, meaning that the direct isn't this week.
I'm sorry I meant the time slot within the day of the Direct. E3 shows air earlier in the day (here in Europe, do as you time zone does) than other Directs.

Nintendo had announced Directs 48 hours in advance before. Them doing a Twitter announcement on the 18th for air on the 20th is not that big a leap.
Yep this is made to big of a deal. They’ve announced directs the day before, 36 hours before and 2 days before. No one at Nintendo will get hurt if they announce it on Tuesday lol

Next week is still on the table. Basically nothing has changed in terms of our speculation, since I think many of us thought next week was more likely than this week anyway.

last week - too close to Luigi’s Mansion 2

going by the process of elimination, the last week seems the most logical😓

Put me on the "nothing until E3" train.

Hey... wait a minute!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom