• Hey everyone, staff have documented a list of banned content and subject matter that we feel are not consistent with site values, and don't make sense to host discussion of on Famiboards. This list (and the relevant reasoning per item) is viewable here.
  • Furukawa Speaks! We discuss the announcement of the Nintendo Switch Successor and our June Direct Predictions on the new episode of the Famiboards Discussion Club! Check it out here!

StarTopic [Spoilers Allowed] Nintendo Direct Speculation |ST8| Press Your (Nintendo Direct) Luck! [Read Staff Post]

Which heavily rumored "it's absolutely gonna show up this time" game are we NOT going to see?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
XjYCzR7.png

I won't say a word about this.
Chat, is this real?

Late June...does that have to mean the last week of June? That's how I read that, which surprises me. I was really hoping for next week. I didn't want to wait THAT long. Oh well. We'll see soon enough.
Honestly considering how earlier in the thread we were learning about the linguistics of semesters, I’d keep an open mind and attribute ‘late’ to anything from the 16th onwards. (I’m aware mid June exists too.) [EDIT - see Brazil’s post below.]

Final week June feels off for various reasons but it’s still within the target range of dates.

Last edited:
Late June...does that have to mean the last week of June? That's how I read that, which surprises me. I was really hoping for next week. I didn't want to wait THAT long. Oh well. We'll see soon enough.
No, I just meant second half of the month. The 19th at the earliest is what I would prepare myself for.

There’s two options here.

A) it is set and Brazil’s source(s) just doesn’t know it
B) it isn’t set because Nintendo is making some internal changes and god only knows if that’s for better or worse………..

I believe it is set. And it could have been set when Furukawa made the announcement. Considering Directs often have games made available that day or pre orders go up, it just doesn’t like something they procrastinate with, imo. And no offense or anything to Brazil but his information on the April Direct and Switch 2 reveal were incorrect,.

I don't think it's this week, but rather next week. I find it hard to believe that Nintendo in June doesn't have their Direct date set, especially since Furukawa said on 7th of may there'll be a Direct. That's at least a month old. Surely they will have the date already set by now.

I’ve been comfortably guessing either the 18th or 20th for a while. I don’t think it’s this week at all (little smoke, bad vibes, no Pyoro leaks) and while Luigi’s Mansion 2 week seems unlikely I also wouldn’t rule it out in the sense that game is going to sell whatever it’s going to sell regardless of a Direct near it or not.

We’re down to just eight options. Not much longer to wait whichever one it is.

I hope not, the world don't care about a public holiday in america.
it's probably still a pain in the ass if they want anyone in the american office to put out proverbial fires or whatever

there's not really any reason not to avoid a day like this when there are two days that are just as good on either side of it

Sad thing is... once the day got closer, I had a good gif tease planned that would have been similar to the legendary use of the Elmo fire gif,

Can i ... see the gif? Not as a tease or anything like that, i'm simply incredibly curious what gif you would've used. I like gifs.

Dont forget thats the game that made Marth from Fire emblem meet Abraham Lincoln.

They were on some substances while making that game

DUI - Driving Developing under influence.

Maybe a Habsburg family tree or even something BBQ related

You sir, are a mean spirit. A mean spirit.

Will_Smith_No.gif

Never heard of that neither since now that I've googled it. It's a good cause but sometimes I think US people are a bit selfish considering Nintendo is Japanese.
Everyone can have their opinions, but the fact of the matter is Nintendo does respect American federal holidays. June 19th won’t have a direct.

Hey, at least it's a good event that happened on the same day as your birthday. ^^

My birthday will always be in the history books as the day the invasion of Ukraine by Russia started...
god damn, thats rough. I know you don't get a choice, but woof.

Hasn’t Xbox been starting their generation for over 3 years now?

Also something you gotta keep in mind is personal bias, like if you like Nintendo more than Xbox then naturally you might think a Direct is better than whatever Xbox thing they’re doing
I mean, they've been starting their generation for over a decade, let's call it a slow start. With my post I meant it's obvious Xbox Showcase is gonna be bigger than the Direct due to the simple fact it has all their hyped up games for almost a decade, they're trying to "start" their generation. Nintendo only announces games in short-term and they're ending their generation, they also make more than a showcase per year so it's obvious it's gonna be worse & it's gonna be subjective. For example, Xbox Showcase was great but for me, I didn't really feel anything besides for Fable, a 3DS port for Switch is probably gonna get me more excited. My post didn't mean to belittle the Nintendo Direct or praise Xbox, imho it's ridiculous they've gotten so long to have those games.

I mean, they've been starting their generation for over a decade, let's call it a slow start. With my post I meant it's obvious Xbox Showcase is gonna be bigger than the Direct due to the simple fact it has all their hyped up games for almost a decade, they're trying to "start" their generation. Nintendo only announces games in short-term and they're ending their generation, they also make more than a showcase per year so it's obvious it's gonna be worse & it's gonna be subjective. For example, Xbox Showcase was great but for me, I didn't really feel anything besides for Fable, a 3DS port for Switch is probably gonna get me more excited. My post didn't mean to belittle the Nintendo Direct or praise Xbox, imho it's ridiculous they've gotten so long to have those games.
Xbox had showcases that got me more then directs, but this year it kinda felt... Unambitious and "by the numbers". Good for its audience, but so deep I. To the generation it felt as if it showed to many already long announced games and to many 2025 titles.

But I expect even less from the direct, so ..

• probably see the same trailer for Sonic x Shadow Generations that was at SGF, maybe a demo for the new Monkey Ball
  • sounds like Fantasian could be there
  • expecting something from Level-5, even if it's just another trailer for Fantasy Life i
  • almost definitely some Square stuff like DQHD2D. And now with Visions of Mana no-showing Xbox and SGF, I wouldn't be totally shocked if they announce it actually is coming to Switch and Nintendo has the date reveal
  • Konami? Those Suikoden remasters have gotta turn up eventually, and it's probably time for something with Castlevania (new game? SotN port? DS collection?)
  • a Gotham Knights port nobody asked for
  • With those GB Mega Man games dropping recently and the Rare rom dump from earlier this year, I think we could potentially get a 3rd party heavy roadmap for NSO
  • that Beyond Good and Evil remaster that leaked months ago (like, literally was playable for some people iirc) that then disappeared
Hey, i want the Gotham Knights port 😕

Maybe a Habsburg family tree or even something BBQ related
I suppose it’s fortunate that the end of the real world agnatic lineage didn’t turn into draconian beings bent on the annihilation of the human society of the time o_o"

Are there any visual representations of a family tree being roasted or incinerated? That feels more on brand with the beany bird bard

Xbox had showcases that got me more then directs, but this year it kinda felt... Unambitious and "by the numbers". Good for its audience, but so deep I. To the generation it felt as if it showed to many already long announced games and to many 2025 titles.

But I expect even less from the direct, so ..
Yeah, I felt the same, the reason is all of those games are games they announced 5 years ago or more so the excitement fades away. That's why we appreciate how secretive Nintendo is & how they communicate only about their games that are very close to release. Even with those 2-3 games when they didn't do that I had a hard time waiting for them (Zelda, MP4, Pikmin 4...). It gets boring waiting half of your life (if you're young lol) for a game

At this point, i don't want Monolithsoft to release anything, remake or new game, on Switch.

Keep it for Switch 2, make it grand.

I've just booked a beautiful cabin, by a lake, in the middle of nowhere, for a week in June. Just me & my girlfriend, turn our phones off, get away from it all.

And now after paying I've realised I might miss a Nintendo Direct and had a pang of regret for booking it. It's the stupidest feeling I've ever had, and I once convinced myself I might be straight. GET OVER YOURSELF GIRL. IT'S A SERIES OF ADVERTS, GO HAVE A GORGEOUS TIME IN A BEAUTIFUL PLACE WITH THE WOMAN YOU LOVE.
We arrive today and all internet goes away when we get there. What are we feeling Fami, are the vibes suggesting there'll be a lovey Direct waiting for me when I get back, or are we looking at the weeks after?

We arrive today and all internet goes away when we get there. What are we feeling Fami, are the vibes suggesting there'll be a lovey Direct waiting for me when I get back, or are we looking at the weeks after?
Pretty much confirmed for the 18 and onwards

it's probably still a pain in the ass if they want anyone in the american office to put out proverbial fires or whatever

there's not really any reason not to avoid a day like this when there are two days that are just as good on either side of it
Does Nintendo give Juneteenth off? My job doesn’t even though it’s supposed to be a federal holiday

I wonder if Pyoro hears the final exact date and that’s when he also hears the details. Maybe it’s why he never says anything UNTIL the week prior to the direct because that’s truly when he knows the exact timing of it.
Could be, could be that he times it because interest will be highest when the reveal is imminent - similar to how Nintendo themselves are revealing whole-arse games shortly before they come out so that people don't randomly forget about them.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom