• Hey everyone, staff have documented a list of banned content and subject matter that we feel are not consistent with site values, and don't make sense to host discussion of on Famiboards. This list (and the relevant reasoning per item) is viewable here.
  • Furukawa Speaks! We discuss the announcement of the Nintendo Switch Successor and our June Direct Predictions on the new episode of the Famiboards Discussion Club! Check it out here!

StarTopic [Spoilers Allowed] Nintendo Direct Speculation |ST8| Press Your (Nintendo Direct) Luck! [Read Staff Post]

Which heavily rumored "it's absolutely gonna show up this time" game are we NOT going to see?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Anybody saw this?
Apparently this guy got Metal Gear Solid Delta being on the Xbox Showcase right, and is teasing Direct on the 11th and Xenoblade Chronicles X

I can't imagine that if the Direct were in a day and a half that we wouldn't have heard something by now

That's the profile
pretty sure this guy was posted earlier in the thread. not really buying it cuz of all the sum zero smoke theres been, and MGS at the xbox thing wasnt an IMPOSSIBLE guess. people on Reddit have said he has a track record but nobody actually talking about what that track record is so, shrug. the fact that he deleted the tweet isnt a great sign either.

pretty sure this guy was posted earlier in the thread. not really buying it cuz of all the sum zero smoke theres been, and MGS at the xbox thing wasnt an IMPOSSIBLE guess. people on Reddit have said he has a track record but nobody actually talking about what that track record is so, shrug. the fact that he deleted the tweet isnt a great sign either.
Oh well it really was too good to be true 😅

That's the profile
I personally don't think seeing Metal Gear gameplay is a bold enough prediction, but I did take a look through their profile.

Does anyone know if we knew the Silent Hill 2 release date beforehand? They said October 8th on the day before the state of play. (If legit, their sources seem to be Konami specific)

Anybody saw this?
Apparently this guy got Metal Gear Solid Delta being on the Xbox Showcase right, and is teasing Direct on the 11th and Xenoblade Chronicles X

tbf, it's not that surprising that MGS Delta was at the showcase. There's often a general "that could only show up at a Sony event" vibe around it, but I think a lot of people forget it was previously shown at an Xbox developer direct last fall (and obviously a Konami game is never gonna show up at a keighley show because the one actual principle that dude has is "I like Kojima and Konami did him dirty")

So after it no-showed the SoP, guessing it'd show up at an Xbox event would have been relatively safe

Are Twitter embeds just broken? It loads fine when I click through. The post is just the boxart of Xenoblade Chronicles X with the text
I don't buy it at all, but I suppose we'll know one way or another in the next 48 hours.

This, but with Zelda and Tri Force Heroes instead
Give us both! We know Metroid Prime 4 is coming eventually, anyway, so Federation Force haters can deal with it, lol.

Not exactly the same situation with Zelda since there’s nothing else guaranteed to be coming eventually, but I’m sure TWWHD and TPHD will resurface some day, and as much as I’d like to see them announced I’d definitely take Tri Force Heroes over them.

Both Federation Force and Tri Force Heroes would benefit a ton from being released on Switch with its huge install base. Not enough people bothered to play those games with other players (ideally locally) as they were designed to be played, if they even gave either of the games a chance at all, and being stuck on 3DS certainly doesn’t help.

It's hard to tell if he actually deleted it since the tweet is clearly visible if you go on his page.

No we don't with analog controls. The game was built upon stylus second screen controls, anything other than that makes it a whole another game. And I think Sakurai should spend his precious time and stamina on other things. Possibly not game development for the time being.
I personally disagree, I think the game will be fine with analog/gyro controls. It would also be much more accessible since alot of lefties such as myself struggled with the controls. The main appeal of the game anyway was the dialogue.

The NOA localization and recasting is my biggest concern.

I'm still holding out for something this week. 6/11 I still think is likely since 6/10 is Apple and Ubisoft. I think it's a little curious that we're geting Bloodstained DLC on the 11th and a Yacht Club presentation on the 14th, and there's absolutely nothing else on the schedule after Ubisoft's presentation tomorrow aside from Atlus's Vengenance launch event. Feels like there's a hole in the schedule waiting to be filled.

maybe we haven’t had any smoke about a direct on Tuesday because Nintendo hasn’t privately uploaded their trailers to YouTube yet 👀
Furukawa here. We've built out our own CDN for Nintendo Direct. Fuck you leakers.

i really think people currently have way to high expectations on the direct like it would be one of the best ones ever, when we should realistically expect a "pretty cool" one

The only way it's the 11th is if Nintendo caught the bird. It isn't impossible, as I would've thought Pyoro would've given an update of Mega Man on NSO, as they've done it for other NSO drops that are significantly less interesting.

There is some smoke, it's just not from the usual places, as if I'm understanding correctly, Nate has indicated it's not for at least a week, while Pyoro and Brazil are silent.

I'm personally Coping really hard it is on the 11th because it aligns with the end of the Silksong game trial, and that game is murdering me.

If they remade Federation Force it would be better received. The mindset and where Metroid is at today is very different from when they decided to release it.
I maintain that the issue with Federation Force isn’t the concept, but the art style. Metroid is seen as the closest thing Nintendo had to a “mature” AAA game, and the juxtaposition of its chibi characters on top of the long Metroid lull was a recipe for backlash.

I'd like to believe it's this week. I'm tired of being lead to believe a direct can't happen at any given point because the usual annoying suspects haven't spoiled any of the surprises.

Put me on Team "somewhere between June 18 and 20th". With Ubisoft's presentation tomorrow, Dragon Age's gameplay reveal Tuesday, and all the other staggered embargoes from SGF, I think we won't be hurting for gaming news this week and even beyond. So, I expect the week to fly by, and then we'll start getting prediction podcasts and teases. I'm ready and excited to see what Nintendo has next for players.

i really think people currently have way to high expectations on the direct like it would be one of the best ones ever, when we should realistically expect a "pretty cool" one
I mean I guess its relative. It would be the top direct of Switch Era for me personally if we get
  • Splatoon FinalFest/Amiibo/Sheldon's Picks
  • FE:4 Remake
  • Prime 4
With maybe zelda remasters or DLC for Wonder or Pikmin.

Silksong would be the (team) Cherry on top.

I'm hyped because what's likely there is very much aligned with my tastes.

147shooter.gif

I know this is like, such a mega stretchy stretch that I could get into the ARMS League, but Pokemon has been doing PvE events featuring mostly starter Pokemon from previous generations since the launch period of Scarlet and Violet. Each Pokemon gets a slot of 48 hours, and then a rerun of another 48 hours the week right after.

A few hours ago the rerun of the Swampert ended and they announced a new event for next week, and it's Emboar, coinciding with what may be the last chance to announce a Pokemon game for the holidays.

It's not like it was just the Unova starters that they could have picked from. In fact, Samurott already had his raids long ago, both for the normal form and the Hisuian form. The other starter Pokemon that havent had their turn yet are Gen 2 Ferraligatr, Gen 3 Sceptile, Gen 4 Torterra and Infernape, Gen 5 Serperior and Gen 7 Incineroar.

EDIT: If that was a mega stretch then this is an ultra stretch... All starters so far have had Tera types that don't match their original type, but you could somehow tie back to something about their theme or design. Charizard was Dragon, Blaziken and Decidueye were Flying, Empoleon was Ice, etc.

What do we get for Emboar? Electric. Makes no sense, until you realize Fire and Electric are the types of Reshiram and Zekrom. There have been a couple of other odd ones like Psychic Meganium (I guess because it can learn a lot of Psychic moves), but it feels like too much is going on here for it to be a coincidence.

Last edited:
I know this is like, such a mega stretchy stretch that I could get into the ARMS League, but Pokemon has been doing PvE events featuring mostly starter Pokemon from previous generations since the launch period of Scarlet and Violet. Each Pokemon gets a slot of 48 hours, and then a rerun of another 48 hours the week right after.

A few hours ago the rerun of the Swampert ended and they announced a new event for next week, and it's Emboar, coinciding with what may be the last chance to announce a Pokemon game for the holidays.

It's not like it was just the Unova starters that they could have picked from. In fact, Samurott already had his raids long ago, both for the normal form and the Hisuian form. The other starter Pokemon that havent had their turn yet are Gen 2 Ferraligatr, Gen 3 Sceptile, Gen 4 Torterra and Infernape, Gen 5 Serperior and Gen 7 Incineroar.

EDIT: If that was a mega stretch then this is an ultra stretch... All starters so far have had Tera types that don't match their original type, but you could somehow tie back to something about their theme or design. Charizard was Dragon, Blaziken and Decidueye were Flying, Empoleon was Ice, etc.

What do we get for Emboar? Electric. Makes no sense, until you realize Fire and Electric are the types of Reshiram and Zekrom. There have been a couple of other odd ones like Psychic Meganium (I guess because it can learn a lot of Psychic moves), but it feels like too much is going on here for it to be a coincidence.

It would be weirder if there wasn't a Tera Raid event announced. Emboar is Electric because it can learn Wild Charge via TM and they want to have a variety of different Tera Types for these events

if I were Pyoro, I think I'd probably just randomly take a direct off just to mess with the kind of people thinking his silence means there definitely can't be a direct anytime soon

And then go back to leaking the next direct like nothing happened
People would just assume Nintendo got to them

maybe we haven’t had any smoke about a direct on Tuesday because Nintendo hasn’t privately uploaded their trailers to YouTube yet 👀

They publically uploaded it so Pyoro would‘t notice. They just named it “Everybody 1-2 Switch dlc trailer” so nobody would bother to actually watch it.

“The closer we are to danger, the farther we are from harm. It's the last thing he'll expect”

I think Pyoro's latest tweet is concerning. "This is Pyoro-san. I shall no longer provide spoilers for the Nintendo Switch Family of Systems as it violates Nintendo's intellectual property under the DMCA."

I don't think the Direct is this week (maybe it will be, I would be very happy) but I wouldn't use the timing of Pyoro teasing as an exact indication that, at this moment, it isn't airing this week. If I remember correctly, they teased Wonder and SMRPG two (maybe three) days before the Direct which would still possibly line up with them saying something tomorrow and then it airing on Wednesday or Thursday.

On another note, I wonder if Life is Strange: Double Exposure will appear in the Direct? Personally, I'm very excited for the game so anytime we see it I'll be happy! I don't think it will but it is confirmed for the Switch without a release date and if they follow what they did with True Colors, I could see them releasing it a couple months after the PS5/Xbox Series/PC release, which could be mentioned here. We'll be seeing if again this coming Thursday so that could make this part of my post irrelevant haha!

Atlus are sitting on such a goldmine. Ok they brought back Etrian Odyssey, but what about Radiant Historia, Devil Survivor 1 and 2, SMT IV, Strange Journey etc.
I need something Snowboard Kids. They could at least put the games on NSO if they won't do any new projects for that series.

It would be weirder if there wasn't a Tera Raid event announced. Emboar is Electric because it can learn Wild Charge via TM and they want to have a variety of different Tera Types for these events
Dark type would have been a much better fit considering he learns Sucker Punch, Assurance and Knock Off, and it's a better fit for his design and personality. There hasn't been a Dark type raid either.

I don't think Pyoro not saying anything until now means that the Direct is hard locked not this week...

Back in February, he only talked about the Partner Showcase after the delay - until the day that it was supposed to happen, he didn't say anything.

Him not teasing the date(maybe because after that February delay situation everyone got more cautious), then after the Direct is announced for the following day or so he starts to tease its contents wouldn't be too strange tbh.

Buy yeah, next week does feel more likely and that's a little sad to be because I want this ASAP.

Only a few more hours to see for sure if it's not on Tuesday, but yeah, it just doesn't feel like the time IMO. Don't we always have substantially more smoke by now? I still think Pyoro's going to come back Friday or Saturday, and the Direct will come the following week. Last week of the month is still very much in play, too, but the third week just feels right.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom