• Hey everyone, staff have documented a list of banned content and subject matter that we feel are not consistent with site values, and don't make sense to host discussion of on Famiboards. This list (and the relevant reasoning per item) is viewable here.
  • Furukawa Speaks! We discuss the announcement of the Nintendo Switch Successor and our June Direct Predictions on the new episode of the Famiboards Discussion Club! Check it out here!

StarTopic [Spoilers Allowed] Nintendo Direct Speculation |ST8| Press Your (Nintendo Direct) Luck! [Read Staff Post]

Which heavily rumored "it's absolutely gonna show up this time" game are we NOT going to see?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
DhDC6MHX4AY9KW2.jpg

"He's right behind me, isn't he?"
"Insert Forspoken* trailer"

*I played & finished Forspoken and it was a good game. Not great but nothing terrible, a good 7/10.

see, "Peak" is clearly a hint for Donkey Kong; because you see the whole DK Island from the peak of his Treehouse.

Gimme all the Zelda's. I'm ready to turn my switch back on after beating totk and playing a ton of pocket card jockey

Nintendo has nothing left bigger than Mario Party. That’s a 15+ million seller
Are we excluding Pokemon Legends Z-A?

Apart from that though, you're probably right. The only other title I can see doing 10+ million is a Donkey Kong game if that gets a Switch 1 release. Although maybe a successor to Nintendo Switch Sports as well if Midori's Anna codename ends up being for that.

The inevitable Pyoro leaks will be telling as to how much I’ll enjoy the Direct on a personal level. One person’s peak could be another’s rock bottom depending on taste. Prime 4? New DK? Zelda remasters? All in. But there’s plenty of other stuff I’m not as into that I’m sure many others would love.

I'm pretty curious about what's going to be at the Direct. Like, yes, I do expect Metroid and Fire Emblem as big announcements, but surely there is something else?

Nintendo hopes to sell enough Switch consoles by the end of March to surpass the lifetime sales of the Nintendo DS, and I'm not sure if a price cut is enough to do that. Assuming they're even planning one: Nintendo has managed to get this far without messing with the price, who's to say that they wouldn't hold off even longer? And if that's the case, there definitely has to be some title with wide enough appeal to push them over the line and hit that 13.5 million target for the fiscal year.
I think a new Mario Party and Zelda remasters could be enough alongside Prime 4. Mario Party is a guaranteed 10 million seller at least, and the Zelda remasters would definitely do some big numbers after the success of tears/breath. Combine that with the highly anticipated Prime 4, and I think 13.5 million is within reason

Direct cannot be compared to XBOX's show because XBOX's show are held once a year, while Direct needs to be held three times a year.
Also, Xbox is "starting" their generation, Nintendo is ending it so they can start with their new one!

Also, Xbox is "starting" their generation, Nintendo is ending it so they can start with their new one!
Hasn’t Xbox been starting their generation for over 3 years now?

Also something you gotta keep in mind is personal bias, like if you like Nintendo more than Xbox then naturally you might think a Direct is better than whatever Xbox thing they’re doing

It'll be funny if Pyoro just doesn't leak anything. Like people going "nah, it can't be this soon, the bird hasn't posted yet!" only to get hit with the official Direct announcement.
Well, I am actually starting to think that because Pyoro haven't said anything, we might not get the direct next week, but the week later on.
But truth be told, I would like it if Pyoro haven't said anything, only to leak when the announcement is official.

Hasn’t Xbox been starting their generation for over 3 years now?

Also something you gotta keep in mind is personal bias, like if you like Nintendo more than Xbox then naturally you might think a Direct is better than whatever Xbox thing they’re doing
Yep. Xbox people will think the Xbox event is best, Nintendo fans will think the direct is best and so on. Though unless Nintendo brings a bunch of surprises i think its fair to give the best summer show award to Xbox.

Yep. Xbox people will think the Xbox event is best, Nintendo fans will think the direct is best and so on. Though unless Nintendo brings a bunch of surprises i think its fair to give the best summer show award to Xbox.
Nintendo directs deal with games coming a few months in the future, while Xbox is showing stuff years away. If Nintendo presented stuff that will come out in 2026 then Nintendo directs would be more comparable to Xbox showcase.

We need Kid Icarus: Uprising free of its 3DS prison first.
No we don't with analog controls. The game was built upon stylus second screen controls, anything other than that makes it a whole another game. And I think Sakurai should spend his precious time and stamina on other things. Possibly not game development for the time being.

I want Nintendo to save this boring summer of game announcements

But even then I know they'll be saving their heavy hitters for the Switch 2

Nintendo Direct will be 95% focus in games coming this current FY (ending March 2025). From both Nintendo and third party titles.

My main expectation is that we will see some long time announced games like Metroid Prime 4, Dragon Quest 2D-HD (or very long rumoured games like Fire Emblem 4 Remake), etc + surprise late ports (example Fantasian) + indies.

As I said before, 25-30 headlines is a good estimation. 10 First Party + 15-20 third party

Last edited:
Does anyone have any predictions, when it comes to third party's announcments?

I'm guessing Square Enix will showcase two of their games, mostly DQ 2D-HD and possibly live a live
Xbox might announce some game, maybe rare replay?
some obscure, but fun Wii Port, that was made from a third party
Team cherry with Silksong, but i feel like that'll be for the Switch 2

I'm also guessing
we might get confirmation of who're the actors for the Zelda Movie

I'm guessing Square Enix will showcase two of their games, mostly DQ 2D-HD and possibly live a live

I'm also guessing
Fantasian is a possible third party announcement in the direct going by what Midori has leaked.

I was just telling that I got this girl before and I was together since three years and I was not even cheating on her and Famiboards arrived and she wanted me to Yeah! her post on Famiboards. And I don't want to, because I was, like, in front of her and she told me, like, "Yeah! me on Famiboards." It was virtual, means nonsense. So I say, "I'm in front of you, I don't need to Yeah! you on Famiboards." She starts to be crazy. She thought that because I didn't Yeah! her, she thought I was cheating. She told me like, uh, "It's, it's over, I can't believe you." I said, "Come on, you're crazy, because like, 'Yeah!', I'm in front of you, I'm every day, here in your house." It's jealousy, pure jealousy. For nothing, you know? A virtual thing.

Last edited:
So if there’s no Direct this week… y'all thinkin’ we get an expansion pass update?

I'm leaning towards it mostly being a partner direct, with limited 1st party stuff. I don't see MP4 showing up.

I mean, they probably have to announce like 3-5 first party games even if they're on the shittier end like Nintendo World Champions 2024.

They have nothing scheduled from August 2024 to February 2025.

Since the last DK game, we’ve had new Mario, Zelda, Metroid, Pokemon, Pikmin, Smash Bros, Fire Emblem, Kirby, Animal Crossing, and Star Fox games

It’s time
We've had the entire Splatoon series since the last DK game. When Tropical Freeze released on Wii U Splatoon 1 didn't exist to the public. Now we're 3 games and 2 expansions deep and all the DK series has gotten in that time is Funky Mode.

The inevitable Pyoro leaks will be telling as to how much I’ll enjoy the Direct on a personal level. One person’s peak could be another’s rock bottom depending on taste. Prime 4? New DK? Zelda remasters? All in. But there’s plenty of other stuff I’m not as into that I’m sure many others would love.

and i'm basically the opposite of that where Prime and DK would do nothing for me

Zelda remasters i'd welcome but a remaster of a game that was already remastered for Wii U wouldn't exactly blow me away excitement wise

We've had the entire Splatoon series since the last DK game. When Tropical Freeze released on Wii U Splatoon 1 didn't exist to the public. Now we're 3 games and 2 expansions deep and all the DK series has gotten in that time is Funky Mode.
I've seen Splatoon fans discuss Splatoon and I'll say that DK fans had it better in the last decade.

don't need that monkey spinning off from the earliest Mario stuff anymore when we have squids spinning off the superior Mario game in Sunshine I suppose

The real Peak of the Direct :

Yee !

I mean, they probably have to announce like 3-5 first party games even if they're on the shittier end like Nintendo World Champions 2024.

They have nothing scheduled from August 2024 to February 2025.
Maybe, but that would mean they functionally had 3-5 games ready that could have been crossgen with the Switch 2, and:

A. Felt that wasn't enough to launch the Switch 2 this year.
B. But is ok with not delaying said games to stock up the Switch 2 launch year.

I mean I would be surprised if they have more than like 2 games tbh.

you should not imo

gimmick posters are so important to our forum culture
My entire personality on this website has been based entirely around waiting for Metroid Prime 4, and it will continue to be that way until the fateful day.

Maybe, but that would mean they functionally had 3-5 games ready that could have been crossgen with the Switch 2, and:

3-5 games that are like Nintendo World Champions 2024 tier or slightly above seems very possible to me, idk. They just need stuff to fill out the year to make it not seem like a huge drought. It does not have be very good stuff.

The only thing that makes me question this is the fact that Nintendo projects selling 13,5 million Switches this fiscal year, or it could be that they think a price cut will be enough to reach those numbers even with few new games coming out.

I'm also guessing
  • probably see the same trailer for Sonic x Shadow Generations that was at SGF, maybe a demo for the new Monkey Ball
  • sounds like Fantasian could be there
  • expecting something from Level-5, even if it's just another trailer for Fantasy Life i
  • almost definitely some Square stuff like DQHD2D. And now with Visions of Mana no-showing Xbox and SGF, I wouldn't be totally shocked if they announce it actually is coming to Switch and Nintendo has the date reveal
  • Konami? Those Suikoden remasters have gotta turn up eventually, and it's probably time for something with Castlevania (new game? SotN port? DS collection?)
  • a Gotham Knights port nobody asked for
  • With those GB Mega Man games dropping recently and the Rare rom dump from earlier this year, I think we could potentially get a 3rd party heavy roadmap for NSO
  • that Beyond Good and Evil remaster that leaked months ago (like, literally was playable for some people iirc) that then disappeared

We will still continue to have Switch 1 exclusive games even after the Switch successor releases.

Game development takes a while and not all of the teams are ready to move onto new hardware right away. And if backwards compatibility is in place like we suspect, not every game will need to get an upgraded version.

Even in 2025, I would expect a few Switch 1 exclusive titles to still release, though mostly remastered and smaller titles. The install base is too large for them to drop entirely right away, though I don't think it'll go as long as the 3DS's support.

I still believe Prime 4 will only have a Switch 1 version at launch, same with Pokemon Legends Z-A. I think just because it happened with BotW, doesn't mean that every first party title will be cross-gen.

Could totally be off about this though and Nintendo emphasizes cross-gen more than I expect, but I think there should be a few titles that will still be on the old hardware.

I expect at least one banger game (the kind that is so big they will launch a special edition OLED to go with it).

Otherwise there is no way in hell they are hitting that 13.5M hardware sales number.

I expect at least one banger game (the kind that is so big they will launch a special edition OLED to go with it).

Otherwise there is no way in hell they are hitting that 13.5M hardware sales number.
Mario Kart 8 Deluxe bundles on Holidays will get them there.

• With those GB Mega Man games dropping recently and the Rare rom dump from earlier this year, I think we could potentially get a 3rd party heavy roadmap for NSO
Omg can we get the Bomberman N64 games on NSO this week pls pls pls

We could. Really depends - if the Direct is really packed it might make sense to do it separately.
My thinking is basically: Either they have something small-ish that they, for whatever reason, don't want to put into the Direct, then it gets an announcement before. Or they have something cool, like some more third party games or something topical that would fit in with another reveal in the Direct, then they don't announce it beforehand.
Or they just don't feel like updating the higher tiers/don't have anything yet, so nothing to reveal.

Edit:
With those GB Mega Man games dropping recently and the Rare rom dump from earlier this year, I think we could potentially get a 3rd party heavy roadmap for NSO
That is a good point actually!
We might get a whole new Roadmap lol, then I also don't see another announcement before the Direct.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom