• Hey everyone, staff have documented a list of banned content and subject matter that we feel are not consistent with site values, and don't make sense to host discussion of on Famiboards. This list (and the relevant reasoning per item) is viewable here.

Pre-Release Splatoon 3 — Pre-release Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
It's the curse of being a Nintendo fan on a Nintendo orientated board, you see all these people having FUN about thing you HATE and there's no way you're going to miss out on that.

All jokes aside, I might be on the same boat. But it's never bad to expand your horizon or to simply try again!

The franchise seems to have all that Nintendo magic with the colours and the polish so I hope you'll have fun!
I think sometimes trying a new franchise is always good especially when you hear everyone gushing about it.
It happened to me with both animal crossing and MH rise and one of them made me a lifelong fan.
I'm pretty sure that if Nintendo announced a new f-zero or golden sun with glowing reviews I'd probably buy it just to give them another shot.

I'm not one for individual highlights, so I always liked this clip of the team picking up what I was laying down:

Especially as an inexperienced (i.e. bad) player such as myself, it's always super gratifying to either have your team follow your lead or even picking up on enough for the reverse. Bonus points in Salmon Run, wherein most of the time people absolutely refuse to use their brains

I highly recommend the DF video for y'all.

Buy for those that won't watch and are wondering, the game is dynamic 1080p. 820p was the lowest resolution found. It keeps 1080p very often. 60FPS without missing a frame.

Great tech work. Can't wait for the full review.
It's looking quite a bit cleaner compared to Splatoon 2, which often dropped to sub-1080p despite relatively simple graphics. Splatoon 3 looks much more like a genuine 1080-60 game.

Deep Cut's songs are so good. Big Man is a hell of a producer
Indeed. So glad it's not some edgy punk rock/hard rock music that I thought it was initially going to be considering the theme of Splatoon 3( although I love the other bands rock n roll/classic rock music in these games).

Also, did anybody listen to the full music in Salmon Run? I did and it's way less bad than I thought? Maybe it's just me, but the trailers made it sound MUCH worse than I expected. I actually would go as far to say it's decent/somewhat good.

Also, for the Blaster players it looks like aim rng has been fixed. You can now jump and shoot in a straight line instead of your shots deciding whether they want to go left or right today.

Wave breaker does 45 damage. That's going to combo insanely well with so many weapons that have it (lets both dualie squelchers and heavy splatling kill with 2 shots if one wave hits)

Wave breaker does 45 damage. That's going to combo insanely well with so many weapons that have it (lets both dualie squelchers and heavy splatling kill with 2 shots if one wave hits)
Do you know if the Test Range is up? Because I think I've seen clips of people in the lobby where the Test Range?

Do you know if the Test Range is up? Because I think I've seen clips of people in the lobby where the Test Range?
Nope, it's not sadly. All the test range clips so far are either from dataminers/hackers or people who got to preview the game

I just squid rolled from a wall. Best game ever.

You can do some super cool tricks with this if you shoot over the wall during the wall roll (imagine charge hold chargers??)

Not much to play in the demo ATM. It looks markedly more fleshed out than 2 though, both tutorial and hub. Still no Y axis control on the stick when gyro is enabled. Such a weird choice.

Hub feels like a much more believable place than 2, really liking it. Such variety and liveliness. The little I've heard of the music is a step up as well, great meaty sound with some more straight rock/metal influences.

Hoping what they show at the Treehouse tomorrow will impress!

Fun CM short video for Splatoon 3 in the ピョン・ズバ ・バシャ・イヤー CM format, which Nintendo uses a lot in Japan. ピョン pyon represents the sound of jumping, ズバ zuba sound for an attack, バシャ basha sound made when one gets inked, イヤー is most likely iya(oh, no) used when something bad happened(the site I consulted said it's used a lot in Animal Crossing)

Fun CM for Splatoon 3 in the ピョン・ズバ ・バシャ・イヤー CM format, which Nintendo uses a lot in Japan. ピョン pyon represents the sound of jumping, ズバ zuba sound for an attack, バシャ basha sound made when one gets inked, イヤー is most likely iya(oh, no) used when something bad happened(the site I consulted said it's used a lot in Animal Crossing)

but this is Splatoon 2 imao

Here we go squid roll will ensure thousand of hours again thanks to its wall usability; less vulnerability, more attack options.
The little thing that is actually very welcome is the smooth out of climbing a wall, I felt when jumping you get some kind of aspiration which will end all those frustrating moments in 2.
Good image quality also but it seems the textures took a hit in general, I remember playing splatoon 2 demo, everything was detailed but here there's a lot of blurry stuff.

Since Splatoon is made by the same group as Animal Crossing, I kinda expected a day/night for Splatsville based on your console time, as with AC.
Tbf it doesn't share that much staff between the two series, contrary to the popular belief.
Yusuke Amano is the main one, there's a couple lead programmers and that's it for the lead staff.

But yeah it would have been cool ! I never really realized that there wasn't a cycle day in Splatoon's hub since I usually played Splatoon 2 during the day, but I was surprised to see the sunset in the demo while it was 1pm lol

I have to say, just looking at the hub I understood something, splatoon is the sequel of miiverse. Nintendo actually succeeded at creating a real community. It truly feels special.

Curious what levels will they show in 3 hours on Treehouse. We know from the previews that they played 1,2 and 9th level. I don't really need to watch this, but will tune in anyway.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom