• Hey everyone, staff have documented a list of banned content and subject matter that we feel are not consistent with site values, and don't make sense to host discussion of on Famiboards. This list (and the relevant reasoning per item) is viewable here.
  • Furukawa Speaks! We discuss the announcement of the Nintendo Switch Successor and our June Direct Predictions on the new episode of the Famiboards Discussion Club! Check it out here!

Pre-Release Splatoon 3 — Pre-release Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
We know that the Splatfest starts in every region in different time but what about the part from 25th, the demo, testing weapons, walking in the lobby etc.? Do we think this starts earlier in each time zone or it's the same across every region? I couldn't find any information.

Since it's a pre downloadable thing, and both the North American and Australian eShop pages say the 25th, I'm assuming it's a midnight unlock (which is why I also preordered it on my Australian alt account lol)

Since it's a pre downloadable thing, and both the North American and Australian eShop pages say the 25th, I'm assuming it's a midnight unlock (which is why I also preordered it on my Australian alt account lol)
Oh cool, thanks! I am actually planning to play it on whatever account I have lol

Am not a fan of broken street dates but if my Splatoon 3 copy would by delivered like 2-3 days before release, that would be a dream

Oh cool, thanks! I am actually planning to play it on whatever account I have lol
If you wanna do the tutorial and use the shooting range early, download it on the Australian eShop and you might be able to play at 4 PM CEST on the 24th :)

(but also on your own region's eShop so that you can actually play the Splatfest)

If you wanna do the tutorial and use the shooting range early, download it on the Australian eShop and you might be able to play at 4 PM CEST on the 24th :)

(but also on your own region's eShop so that you can actually play the Splatfest)
Thanks! I actually needed something like this, AU is the one timezone that would actually have it first. Also, I will maybe look into all of that Splatfests hours and convert it to mine to see if it's worth it to play on other accounts when EU is done. (I know this may sound ridiculous but it is what it is.)

EDIT: actually the New Zealand is better than AU in this.

I was never 100% that the footage in the Direct is final, the recent JP ads show it, it's improved over the Direct footage. The footage from the Direct is from older build.
In Splatoon 2, didn't the single player mode run at a higher resolution (the ink at least) than the multiplayer? My assumption is that the same will be true in Splatoon 3, which would explain why that tutorial looks really nice.

Pre ordered the digital version as a surprise for my daughter as she wants it on her system at all times.

Except Best Buy didn’t even send me a code. Apparently they will send me one on release day, so I can’t even pre load it for her :/

They left that part out until after I ordered and you can’t cancel.

Chances for this game to be nominated for GotY at TGA are pretty small right? Imagine the orchestra for Splatoon, that'd be a sight to behold

There's no shot unless the game gets insane reviews and randomly completely blows up, which I doubt will happen

A lot of people must be coming back to 2 to freshen up, because my recent S rank teammates have been abysmal 😆

Anarchy Rainbow is so good, I love how it uses instruments from many cultures. May honestly be the best of the idols tracks in Splatoon.

Chances for this game to be nominated for GotY at TGA are pretty small right? Imagine the orchestra for Splatoon, that'd be a sight to behold
Nah. The west is not partial to this game and it's very rare for competitive multiplayer games to win GOTYs, with the last being Overwatch.

I'm confused, what are the 'second' and 'third' placed teams?? How does a 4v4 with two teams have a third place team?

I'm confused, what are the 'second' and 'third' placed teams?? How does a 4v4 with two teams have a third place team?

So Splatfests now have three teams to choose from. During the first half, it's 4v4 battles between two of the three teams as normal, but during the second half of the Splatfest you get special battles, where the team that's in the lead has to defend from 2 players from both of the losing teams, turning it into a 2v4v2 battle.

So since some places broke a Xenoblade Chronicles 3 street dates 9 or so days before the launch that means there could be a Splatoon 3 copies for some as early as end of August, which is crazy.

So since some places broke a Xenoblade Chronicles 3 street dates 9 or so days before the launch that means there could be a Splatoon 3 copies for some as early as end of August, which is crazy.

I'm also looking forward to the potential datamines when the splatfest demo unlocks on the 25th

So Splatfests now have three teams to choose from. During the first half, it's 4v4 battles between two of the three teams as normal, but during the second half of the Splatfest you get special battles, where the team that's in the lead has to defend from 2 players from both of the losing teams, turning it into a 2v4v2 battle.
Ohhhh right, I'm stupid lol. Thanks.

One interesting thing is that tricolor turf battles require a new version of each map alongside the other 5 that are already used. We can see raised side areas on Sturgeon for the 1st place team to spawn. On Wahoo World they'll probably expand the little raised areas on the sides and get rid of the inkline that normally goes there. Hammerhead might have to have a platform that extends over the edge of the bridge, maybe Inkblot will replace the trees with more hand/tree/sculpture things

We haven't heard anything about SplatBeatz yet right? I'm still holding out hope, but it's looking quite unlikely right now. Shame, I'd have liked to jam to the new songs

If SquidBeats is in this game it would make the most sense to be on the upper level of the lobby which you could only kind of look to in the direct. There are some table turf tables up there which you can presumably use to play that with people in your lobby but there might be room for a squidbeats machine in the back corner behind the elevator, however it doesn't appear in the lobby menu so that seems kind of unlikely. I suppose it's possible they put the machine way out wherever Table Turf and that little canal are but that would be a weird choice.

They definitely could be skipping it this time in favor of a Switch/mobile replacement. The fact that almost everything else of substance that isn't part of story mode was mentioned in the direct makes me think that this is more likely what is happening, That would please me because I hate the way Squid Beats works, I find its note highway so hard to read and its face/shoulder button design super unenjoyable. I'd kill to get something nicer with systems more like Project Diva or Sekai.

Last edited:
Would have liked Flick Stick but gyro alone is good enough. I'm not super zooked for the game but I'm definitely gonna buy eventually.

Nice look at new stage/Hagglefish from 3:30 onwards
One of the best-looking stages and I really like how many paths there are from spawn to mid but I hope the Rainmaker version of this map has more paths from mid to goal than the only one we see there

The new hero mode footage is interesting because it shows Splashdown which wasn't mentioned with the others in the direct. Campaign exclusive maybe? Will we see any of the other "unused" specials from 2 show up there? Speedrunners will be very happy if there's a level with stingray and grapplink points.

We've gotten three all-new Special weapon showcases so far. I wonder if some older weapons will get showcased, because I would like to know how some older weapons got changed between games. Tenta Missiles is the most pressing one because it's a staple in Splatoon 2 near the end of the updates, so if the developers took note on its notoriety, their solution would be interesting because lots of pro players came up with their own solutions on how it should be balanced.

Thank you for reading.

Seeing the icon on my screen, knowing the whole demo is on my system but not playable

let-me-in-eric-andre.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom