• Hey everyone, staff have documented a list of banned content and subject matter that we feel are not consistent with site values, and don't make sense to host discussion of on Famiboards. This list (and the relevant reasoning per item) is viewable here.
  • Furukawa Speaks! We discuss the announcement of the Nintendo Switch Successor and our June Direct Predictions on the new episode of the Famiboards Discussion Club! Check it out here!

PlayStation Sony State of Play announced for Jan 31st. 2pm PT / 5pm ET / 10pm GMT for 40 minutes covering 15+ games

So it is indeed sounding very bowsers fury!

Not a bad move if it finally gets generations on Nintendo. Praying it’s good.

Makes sense given that Shadow’s such a big part of the next Sonic movie.

Don’t have any experience with modern Sonic, but Generations was always the one I’ve been most interested in. Might give it a shot this time.

A Final Fantasy Tactics remaster reveal would make this the best SoP yet for me and top the one that had the TMNT Collection.

Last edited:
only want a Ratchet and Clank collection for the first 4 games.

That’ll never happen. And I don’t care much for Sony’s IPs other then that 🫠

But I really want City Escape to be back...so hopefully it's the old game with new levels added and not all new levels replacing the old ones.

Shadow Generations:
SA2: Radical Highway
Heroes: Grand Metropolis
Shadow the Hedgehog: The Ark
06: White Acropolis
Forces: City
Big fan of this list (though maybe wouldn’t mind to see Grand Metropolis swapped out for Hang Castle/Mystic Mansion? The spooky levels in Heroes don’t get enough love imo)

If Shadow has Adventure-style gameplay, we could be in for a real treat…

Ah HELL NAW, THIS DID NOT JUST LEAK!

maxresdefault.jpg

If Sony has this up their sleeves, needless to say this year goes to them

The Sonic Generations stuff is sounding extremely interesting, I hope the level design is of the same quality as the original game.

maxresdefault.jpg

While this looks quite a bit fake, the other thing is that also would fly in the face of...

Dusk Golem's words, which stated there would NOT be any RE Remake releases this year. It's one thing that made Capcom's forecast for 2024 pretty interesting because it sounded like there would be no major RE or MH releases within the 2024 calendar.

maxresdefault.jpg

im gonna say that looks fake
I'm definitely not an expert, but that PEGI logo looks suspiciously JPEG compressed compared to the rest of the image. (Not to mention the inconsistent lighting on the models, although that's not exactly a smoking gun.)
Oh yeah I'm pretty sure that's just fan art that's been going around for a few weeks now.

I also assume RE9 is what will be next anyways in 2025.

maxresdefault.jpg

how are people even believing this? The font is the one from 4 and doesn't match the "5". They always do a new kinda font variation for every game. Also, the platform logos do not have the same amount of space between them

I know it’s unlikely to ever happen, but my dream is for Sony to announce 4k ps5 native remasters of some of the best games and collections on the ps3. Games like the Killzone trilogy, infamous duology, the jak and daxter collection, all the ratchet games including the 4 future titles, the sly collection and sly 4, the motorstorm games.

Just so many cool games stranded on that system, and the ps5 streaming solution just isn’t cutting it. Plus these would be a great probably inexpensive way to fill out their line up while their first party studios recover from the covid delays

Just over an hour for this, really not super excited but there could be a few interesting updates. Penny's Big Breakaway and Little Nightmares III are two games I'm interested in and expecting in early 2024 (both also announced for Switch) that we could get release dates on here. Silksong, maybe? It has to appear at something someday.

Won't be watching as usual since I do not have a playstation, but look forward to the 3rd party announcements rapidly spreading around.

I know it’s unlikely to ever happen, but my dream is for Sony to announce 4k ps5 native remasters of some of the best games and collections on the ps3. Games like the Killzone trilogy, infamous duology, the jak and daxter collection, all the ratchet games including the 4 future titles, the sly collection and sly 4, the motorstorm games.

Just so many cool games stranded on that system, and the ps5 streaming solution just isn’t cutting it. Plus these would be a great probably inexpensive way to fill out their line up while their first party studios recover from the covid delays

Yes! As I mentioned in the PS360 thread, there's so much cool that can be remastered for PS5. I would faint if we got Mirror's Edge with 4K and haptic feedback.

Totally realistic expectations:

Bloodborne 2 announcement coinciding with Bloodborne PC port
Shadow of the Erdtree shadow drop
Metal Gear Solid 3 DELTA demo release like the MGS2 Tanker demo
Final Fantasy Tactics REmake features overview video with release date

iu

Tactics remake is an into my veins deal for me.
Tactics is the best Final Fantasy has ever been for me so yeah, I'm frantically anxious to see it get the Tactics Ogre Revisitation treatment it so desperately deserves.

I'm playing Triangle Strategy right now and it's hitting those notes though, with decades of genre refinement and it fucking rocks. No more farming EXP by throwing rocks at each other, what an evolution! 😂

Snacks and seatbelts ready for what I hope is a decent enough State of Play, let's go!

Expectations below rock bottom, but I'm curious to see if this can convince me to get a PS5

I usually think these are pretty bad, but Death Stranding 2 and FF7 Rebirth could be cool

Why do all their talking heads look like they're UE5 generated models bordering on uncanny valley

Back
Top Bottom