• Hey everyone, staff have documented a list of banned content and subject matter that we feel are not consistent with site values, and don't make sense to host discussion of on Famiboards. This list (and the relevant reasoning per item) is viewable here.

PlayStation Sony State of Play announced for Jan 31st. 2pm PT / 5pm ET / 10pm GMT for 40 minutes covering 15+ games

Far Cry 7 was leaked for a late 2025 release date and it would be really weird to release it this year in general as Assassin's Creed Red is launching this year.

Mod Edit - Link Removed

Battlefield 2042 also did not release until late 2021 and has received extensive support since then.
Wouldn't be weird, AC is pretty much back to being an annual release now. There are enough projects to keep them going for years. No matter what year FC7 releases, AC will be there too.

Wouldn't be weird, AC is pretty much back to being an annual release now. There are enough projects to keep them going for years. No matter what year FC7 releases, AC will be there too.
Still, insider gaming said that far cry 7 wont come out until 2025

Far Cry 7 was leaked for a late 2025 release date and it would be really weird to release it this year in general as Assassin's Creed Red is launching this year.

Mod Edit - Link Removed

Battlefield 2042 also did not release until late 2021 and has received extensive support since then.
Just as a heads up, Insider Gaming articles aren’t allowed on Famiboards.

this is gonna be so much better than the Direct

The equivalent of a coughing baby vs a hydrogen bomb. You have one console in what should be its prime vs a console in its final year.

I don't see the need for another Switch direct tbh

Would love if Sonic Generations used the same engine as Sonic Superstars would be the best outcome for the 2D parts

Early predictions:

Final Fantasy Tactics Remake- No release window

iu

Been waiting so long since the Nvidia leak 😂

I'm interested to see if Silent Hill 2 will actually be worth playing- I have severe doubts, and the original is freely available.

This might be one packed State of Play! 15+ games means that the leaked list only covers a little over half of them. I guess what's left is smaller indie and PSVR2 titles? Either way we're still in for some surprises.

having a preference for one company’s commercial over another isn’t console warz, it’s personal preference.

and, shock, there’s folks here who like more than just Nintendo. gasp
shock, of course, I know that, I still don't believe that comment was made in any good faith especially with people here getting excited for the next Direct

shock, of course, I know that, I still don't believe that comment was made in any good faith especially with people here getting excited for the next Direct
so if I say that I’m more excited for a SoP than the Direct, does that make me a bad-faith troll?

Props to any of the folks who still have energy left to post PlayStation (or Xbox I presume) related content on this forum.

inb4 I get warned for meta-commentary or some such!

no, what's rude is clearly making a bait comment in a Nintendo focused forum
Okay? AND!? We welcome Sony and MS conversations here. Or at least should.
who cares?
people literally compare the two all the time. Especially when they happen the same day or around the same time period. So many people say things like "this SOP was worse than the direct" etc etc etc. You are being unnecessarily hostile for no reason. Cause someone has a higher opinion for the SOP than the next direct? That some platform war mindset.

Every State of Play I come in thinking “This will be the one where they announce Ape Escape 4,” and every State of Play I leave disappointed.

One day I’ll be free of this cycle…

(At least put AE3 on the PS5… Though I suspect that the Metal Gear Solid content is what makes that tricker than 1 or 2 was…)

The equivalent of a coughing baby vs a hydrogen bomb. You have one console in what should be its prime vs a console in its final year.

I don't see the need for another Switch direct tbh
Not a fair comparison, Switch's 7 year old but its hardware is like 18 year old, it always had limits on what it can do. Sony's 10 year old PS4 is getting better support right now. The successor will also have that limit, never gonna catch PS5's support. SoP might still have better games in future than successor only Directs.

Still, Switch is a handheld and it's getting support that no other handheld ever got before. Even the next Direct is full of re-releases, it would be quite a feat that a handheld got that far.

Stellar Blade has me far more interested, along with it having 15+ games and being 40 minutes. That’s a lot beefier than I expected. Hoping for some stuff like Elden Ring DLC and some RPG surprises!

Also this SoP being better than a Nintendo Direct that a lot of us are expecting to be pretty much a last gasp for the Switch 1 wouldn’t exactly be big news, I don’t think. It’s kind of to be expected with the state of both systems right now

Still, Switch is a handheld and it's getting support that no other handheld ever got before.

I agree. My point is that I want the Switch 2 ASAP

The only thing that Switch could have left that would be exciting for me would be Tomodachi Life, Rythm Heaven, or a new Donkey Kong game

I'm very curious about Death Stranding 2 gameplay. Hope it gets much more systemic

Last edited:
Wow, 40 minutes. Feels like they’re usually 20 or 40, so it’s exciting that it’s the latter. Gonna keep expectations in check but it’ll be nice to see some updates on these games, finally.

Someone saying they think the State of Play will be better than the Direct is not console wars bait, it's a statement of preferences. Even if Famiboards is a Nintendo-focused forum. Replying "who cares" to a comment like that is unnecessarily hostile.

Anyway, I'm debating whether I want to try and wake up at 6am to catch this live. I don't even have a Playstation 5 lol.

Someone saying they think the State of Play will be better than the Direct is not console wars bait, it's a statement of preferences. Even if Famiboards is a Nintendo-focused forum. Replying "who cares" to a comment like that is unnecessarily hostile.

Anyway, I'm debating whether I want to try and wake up at 6am to catch this live. I don't even have a Playstation 5 lol.
Don't wake up that early In Your time zone imo not worth it

bruh people literally leave unapologetically inflammatory comments about PS and Xbox all the time in this forum, including me. People should be allowed to do the same about Nintendo 😂😂😂😂

6 am is a perfectly normal time to get up, for work or otherwise lol.
ew, no, sorry but that’s freak shit

signed “unable to wake up before 7:30 and even that’s a stretch” gang

The PC port of Sonic Generations was surprisingly great and had a huge modding scene, so I hope this upcoming remaster does more than just improve the performance of the game on modern consoles to justify leaving that version behind.

I like character action games, so Stellar Blade getting a focus is pretty exciting for me. Hope it turns out well.

I just want to hear this OST again in a new gameplay or trailer:

One of the best OST I have heard; and I have heard thousands 😂

It will undoubtedly be one of the best games of this year.

Every State of Play I come in thinking “This will be the one where they announce Ape Escape 4,” and every State of Play I leave disappointed.

One day I’ll be free of this cycle…

(At least put AE3 on the PS5… Though I suspect that the Metal Gear Solid content is what makes that tricker than 1 or 2 was…)
I think you'll see some bad news if you google "What happened to Japan Studio"

But really, at the very least they could fix AE2 on PS5

I think Team Asobi will need to first get Astro off the ground as a franchise before they juggle other I.Ps

They are apparently hiring though and want to have multi team projects via an interview

Back
Top Bottom