• Hey everyone, staff have documented a list of banned content and subject matter that we feel are not consistent with site values, and don't make sense to host discussion of on Famiboards. This list (and the relevant reasoning per item) is viewable here.

PlayStation Sony State of Play announced for Jan 31st. 2pm PT / 5pm ET / 10pm GMT for 40 minutes covering 15+ games

I'm not a fan of open worlds, so I'm curious to see what Rise of Ronin will look like.... Same for Silent Hill 2 which still one of the PS2's best games.

And very interested in Judas, developed by Ken Levine (Bioshock).

The rest.... Meh.

I’m surprised so many people were shocked/upset at Colors’ framerate on Switch then
Yeah, cause that's a Wii game.
A very pretty Wii game, but still. They also explicitly advertised all versions as being 60fps for a bit and then Switch wasn't thanks to all the issues Colours Ultimate has.

I was hoping for an announcement of a sequel to Demon's Souls or Bloodborne with Bluepoint Games and FromSoftware collaborating.

I expect the Sega revival titles to be split among Direct and SoP. Direct gets Shinobi and Crazy Taxi while SoP gets Jet Set radio and Streets of Rage. PS5 gets all of them while Switch gets everything sans JSR. I feel it's still pretty early for Golden Axe, considering it got the shortest part in that trailer.

If generations really is a remaster with no changes or anything it would be HORRIBLE
I can think of at least a couple of changes that will happen to the PC version.
A delisting of the original, and adding Denuvo. Will probably break mods too if it's a free upgrade for Steam. Have fun if the port sucks!

Ok but less pessimistic about this, the tweet hinting at it mentions Shadow, so I would imagine he'd at least be playable in the Modern Sonic levels like with Sonic Forces, would make sense for Sonic Movie 3 advertising. I'd almost like to imagine they make new stages based on games post-Generations but I'm not exactly counting on that. Jumping to Hedgehog Engine 2 definitely seems likely, as a lot of the assets have been ported to that already thanks to Frontiers. I'd hope the port job in general turns out better than Colours Ultimate and Origins, and I think it probably will. Don't have to Frankenstein 4 games on different versions of the engine together, and they don't have to mess with upressing Wii quality models and lighting for current gen. They still use Generations assets so all will probably be fine.

Probably. Who knows, it is Sega after all.

Saw some people speculating that maybe shadow isn't a hint for Sonic, but for Shadow of the Erdtree expansion for Elden Ring.

I understood every hint/game, but which one is Kojima's dream?
Yeah, that one stands out to me as well since Death Stranding is already mentioned earlier in the tweet and it's weird to give 2 hints for 1 game.

Obviously do whatever you'd like, but I really recommend not watching trailers after a certain point if this is a concern for you. I've been doing that for a lot of games since KH3 and I always really am glad I did! I'll definitely skip whatever they show of 7 rebirth here, too.
The final trailer of KH3 was definetely a thing. They showed basically almost every key point of the last hours of the game.

I want Shadow to be a reference to the Shadows of Yharnam boss from Bloodborne. Bloodborne remaster (PS+PC) basically confirmed.

It being inspired by Guardians if the Galaxy sounds interesting.

More interesting than anything in the trailer at least lol.

After looking at the leaked line-up, easy skip for me.

The only thing that could make me watch this would be Shadow of the Erdtree, but it looks like it isn't featured there.
And even if it was, it's one trailer, easier to just watch it afterwards on it's own.

Sonic Generations remaster would he amazing for me, ngl.

It sits in my Top 5 for the franchise.

Sonic Generations Remaster? Not a thing I expected to read today, but that's neat. Hopefully it turns out better than the underwhelming Colours one. Could be cool if it included stages and such from the 3DS version, but I won't get my hopes up.
Seeing Unleashed get the remaster treatment at one point in the future would be kinda nice too. Would love to see one incorporate elements from Unwiished, such as getting rid of medal hunting, though maybe that's my bias showing since I played Unwiished as a kid.

Fully expecting FF7Rebirth to spoil the entire game - would be seriously surprised if it didn't.

The final trailer of KH3 was definetely a thing. They showed basically almost every key point of the last hours of the game.
Yeah I was really glad I experienced so much of that game fresh. It was like... The summer before release, and I realized I was totally satisfied with all the trailers I had seen and didn't need any more. That's when I started becoming a lot more strict about when I cut myself off from trailers. I enjoy that feeling of total surprise!

Sony has several first party games announced

MLB: The Show 24 (San Diego Games)
Concord (Firewalk Studios)
FairGame$ (Haven)
Marathon (Bungie)
Wolverine (Insomniac)

Helldivers 2 (published)
Rise of Ronin (published)
Death Stranding 2 (published)
Stellar Blade (published)

People find reasons not to count certain games, but Sony doesn't have an empty release slate at the moment.

81gpvegrTIL._AC_UF1000,1000_QL80_.jpg

Rise of Ronin has PS Studios on the box art. If that doesn't count for first party, then I don't know what does.
Sop line up seems good.

Even if personal taste differ, it seems like a banger line up

Count me as one who doesn’t see the appeal of a Sonic Generations remaster. The Xbox and PC versions already look and play fantastic. But then that was true for Red Dead Redemption as well, so what do I know.

Gotta sleep on anything PSVR, assuming it's exclusive. That's disappointing.
PSVR2 needs something to keep from sinking into the abyss of irrelevance. A new, built-from-the-ground-up-for-VR Metro game would be fantastic for the platform. Of course I’d like to see it Quest and Steam, but assuming Sony is contributing to its development like with RE4 and RE8 then it makes sense that it would be exclusive.

Yeah, cause that's a Wii game.
A very pretty Wii game, but still. They also explicitly advertised all versions as being 60fps for a bit and then Switch wasn't thanks to all the issues Colours Ultimate has.
Wow, I actually forgot Colors was a Wii exclusive. I thought it was on all three. Touché.

Anyway, what the poster said is untrue, it is possible to get PS360 games with enhanced framerates. Someone mentioned Portal and Darksiders would be another example. So I don’t think it’s unreasonable to hope they target 60 for Generations.

Count me as one who doesn’t see the appeal of a Sonic Generations remaster. The Xbox and PC versions already look and play fantastic. But then that was true for Red Dead Redemption as well, so what do I know.

PSVR2 needs something to keep from sinking into the abyss of irrelevance. A new, built-from-the-ground-up-for-VR Metro game would be fantastic for the platform. Of course I’d like to see it Quest and Steam, but assuming Sony is contributing to its development like with RE4 and RE8 then it makes sense that it would be exclusive.
I think PSVR2 fragments an already niche space, and has a negative impact on the VR market. I'd personally rather it fade, much as that sucks for those who bought into it.

Wow, I actually forgot Colors was a Wii exclusive. I thought it was on all three. Touché.

Anyway, what the poster said is untrue, it is possible to get PS360 games with enhanced framerates. Someone mentioned Portal and Darksiders would be another example. So I don’t think it’s unreasonable to hope they target 60 for Generations.

Sega obviously could make Generations 60 FPS on Switch 1. It’s just less likely based on how cheaply and badly they handled Colors Switch.

Well, I mean, there are those of us who don’t have those platforms :p

But, yeah, I can’t say I’d be too excited for it as I’ve already gotten out of it what I could back when it came out

Pretty substantial! SoP’s doesn’t have great track records recently for me personally, but I’ll watch.

Early predictions:

Helldivers 2- Gameplay, already dated
Rise of the Ronin- Gameplay, already dated
Stellar Blade- Trailer, coming Summer 2024
Death Stranding 2- Trailer, coming Fall 2024
Concord- Gameplay, still coming 2024
Final Fantasy 7 Rebirth- Don't care because I will avoid that trailer like it is the plague
Final Fantasy Tactics Remake- No release window
Foamstars- Trailer, already dated
Sonic Generations Remaster- Trailer, coming Summer 2024
Until Dawn Remaster- Trailer, Q3 2024
Silent Hill 2- Trailer, coming Q2 2024
New Metro game- VR, coming 2024
Judas- Trailer, no release window
Suicide Squad- post launch update

Last edited:
I feel like this leak broke the cycle of how I usually buy retro games. Typically I buy older games right as a remake or remaster or port is announced. For instance, after waiting years for an N64 mini I finally bit the bullet and got an N64 on August 19th, 2021. I got a GBA and 12 games for it 7 months before it was announced for NSO, got Metroid Prime two years before remastered, got an SNES mini for my birthday a month before it was announced for NSO, got the arcade archive super mario bros release two months before NSO came out, got Kirby’s Return to Dreamland a year before the remake was announced, I got Budokai tenkaichi 2 right as sparking zero got announced, got the thousand year door for 100 dollars second hand two years before the remake was announced, got Mario Vs DK for the GBA just under 2 years before the remake was announced, got Pikmin 1 two and a half years before it released, and got Pikmin 2 new play control 7 months before it released. So just as I was about to get sonic generations on steam, I hear that a remaster is happening and wait it out. It took me this long, but I finally beat fate, I CAN AVOID WASTING MONEY ON OLDER GAMES WHEN A NEWER VERSION IS ON THE WAY, HOPE IS REAL
on the contrary get it now (or at the next sale) in case it gets delisted and the new version breaks all the mods

Makes a lot of sense since Generations is already basically remastered for free on Xbox and holds up on PC

curious to see what they add / who they farmed it out to, praying for no Colors disaster

40 minutes? Wow, that's unusual. Hopefully those "deep dives" are not "deep" as they imply.

Not expecting much but sounds like a great place to reveal Far Cry 7 and Battlefield next. The first party reveal has already leaked but maaaybe they could have something else too. Namco had some trademarks recently, few of them could be there. Probably some unnecessarily high budget JRPG's that'll bomb for sure.

40 minutes? Wow, that's unusual. Hopefully those "deep dives" are not "deep" as they imply.

Not expecting much but sounds like a great place to reveal Far Cry 7 and Battlefield next. The first party reveal has already leaked but maaaybe they could have something else too. Namco had some trademarks recently, few of them could be there. Probably some unnecessarily high budget JRPG's that'll bomb for sure.

Far Cry 7 and Battlefield Next are not launching for at least 22 months and there's no reason to announce them now.

Far Cry 7 and Battlefield Next are not launching for at least 22 months and there's no reason to announce them now.
Do we know for sure? Far Cry is a once in three years kind of franchise and 2024 should be the year with one.

Also I don't believe that DICE taking up more than 5 years to release game. Next Battlefield should be even closer than FC7.

For continuing to violate the banned content list which you are well aware of, you have been banned for two weeks. -xghost777, Tangerine Cookie, mariodk18
Do we know for sure? Far Cry is a once in three years kind of franchise and 2024 should be the year with one.

Also I don't believe that DICE taking up more than 5 years to release game. Next Battlefield should be even closer than FC7.

Far Cry 7 was leaked for a late 2025 release date and it would be really weird to release it this year in general as Assassin's Creed Red is launching this year.

Mod Edit - Link Removed

Battlefield 2042 also did not release until late 2021 and has received extensive support since then.

Gimme more of that Ronin. Game definitely needs a deep dive, since Sony and Team Ninja decided we not getting any public demos for this one.

Between it and Dragon's Dogma 2, my March 22 will stand to be very busy~!

Sonic Generations is whatever. I might buy it if it's been sufficiently reworked, but it was already hard to come back to after Mania.

Back
Top Bottom