• Hey everyone, staff have documented a list of banned content and subject matter that we feel are not consistent with site values, and don't make sense to host discussion of on Famiboards. This list (and the relevant reasoning per item) is viewable here.
  • Do you have audio editing experience and want to help out with the Famiboards Discussion Club Podcast? If so, we're looking for help and would love to have you on the team! Just let us know in the Podcast Thread if you are interested!

Rumour Pokémon Scarlet and Violet Leaks/Spoilers

Status
Not open for further replies.
Few updates, it appears t he egg and TM movelist are now out for ScarVio.

Fuecoco learns Slack Off, so that's the badly needed recovery move for the slow thing.

And a very unique evolution method: To evovle Bisharp you need to have Bisharp hold a specific item "Leader's Crest" and have it defeat 3 other Bisharp with that item.
Cool! Although Pawniard not evolving until level 52 is a bit rough. You’ll only have a Bisharp for one level with the new evo if you go for it, lol

First time I am planning to get both games. I think it will be fun to do this adventure twice :). I think based on all I am leaning more towards Scarlet, which was my initial choice as well.

This is a great mechanic to lift from GO:
xVu6OYc.jpg

Were any spoiler-free impressions posted somewhere?
This is kinda vague lol, about what?

Pokémon designs generally look really good. Story and characters are apparently very good. Some cool new moves and abilities. Predictably, not all of the cool-looking new Pokémon have good stats lol

Is there any leak about the difficulty level of the game? I don't expect a super hard jrpg but sword and shield felt even for a pokemon game way to easy.

Questions about following Pokemon:

1) Can you only send out following Pokemon with Let's Go, or is that just letting your follower attack when they're already out?
2) Do they force Affection bonuses?
3) If so, can you turn following off?

Is there any leak about the difficulty level of the game? I don't expect a super hard jrpg but sword and shield felt even for a pokemon game way to easy.
There aren't any mandatory battles outside of story progression, so it's entirely based on what you catch and how much you want to level up

Is it true that the cities have barely any buildings to enter/go inside?
That seems to be what people who are playing it have been saying. That’s disappointing but not unexpected.

The thing I don’t like is the Pokémon center gas stations with no interior whatsoever. The idea that people would stand behind a counter, outside, in potentially awful conditions like in a desert or on a snowy tundra, completely breaks my immersion. I’m basing this off the trailers so if I’m wrong disregard this complaint.

There's less than a handful from what I've seen, most of them for the same type of building (hair salons) or small lobbies, though some shops are menus too. The big school you move through using a menu like in Persona 3 but there's only 3 small rooms.

Saw that mints, bottle caps, hold items like the choice items and ability capsules are available for money now, and the word is there's no Battle Tower equivalent - the post-game school tournament doesn't restrict levels or anything. So I guess BP is gone.

On the one hand, if money is easy to farm then I'm super glad BP grinding is gone, I always hated that. But I do feel a bit sad if even the Tower is gone - it felt like the last vestige of when Game Freak actually cared to provide endgame battling PvE. Maybe we'll get more experiments like Restricted Sparring in DLC, but I suspect they're all in on Raids and competitive online play now.

At least the Raids sound better than Dynamax Raids. Hopefully, between items being available for money instead of BP and Hyper Training now only needing level 50 the grind to get competitive Pokes will be substantially cut down.

Finished up the post-game / credits @ 23 hours. Superb game.

Difficulty wasn't too bad. I struggled a bit until I found a level 60 Raichu, and then proceeded to destroy the E4 with it.
So difficulty felt more fun? For me that could be a reason to buy it in the end.

At least the Raids sound better than Dynamax Raids. Hopefully, between items being available for money instead of BP and Hyper Training now only needing level 50 the grind to get competitive Pokes will be substantially cut down.
Wait, where did you hear that?

Saw that mints, bottle caps, hold items like the choice items and ability capsules are available for money now, and the word is there's no Battle Tower equivalent - the post-game school tournament doesn't restrict levels or anything. So I guess BP is gone.

On the one hand, if money is easy to farm then I'm super glad BP grinding is gone, I always hated that. But I do feel a bit sad if even the Tower is gone - it felt like the last vestige of when Game Freak actually cared to provide endgame battling PvE. Maybe we'll get more experiments like Restricted Sparring in DLC, but I suspect they're all in on Raids and competitive online play now.

There's no postgame battle facility at all? No Battle Maison/Tree etc?

There's no postgame battle facility at all? No Battle Maison/Tree etc?
Apparently not. You also apparently can't rematch the Elite 4, but there are Gym Leader rematches?

Entirely possible that there's something you have to do in postgame to unlock this though, so I'm not sure if it's 100% accurate.

Apparently not. You also apparently can't rematch the Elite 4, but there are Gym Leader rematches?

Entirely possible that there's something you have to do in postgame to unlock this though, so I'm not sure if it's 100% accurate.
It kind of makes sense because you can just buy most items in stores but that's a fairly light postgame then. Maybe some stuff is missing.

It kind of makes sense because you can just buy most items in stores but that's a fairly light postgame then. Maybe some stuff is missing.
I wouldn't be surprised if they're taking the SwSh approach of putting the postgame in the DLC

I wouldn't be surprised if they're taking the SwSh approach of putting the postgame in the DLC
I haven't been spoiled very much at all, but this is kind of the impression that I get: They really, really focused on the open world and main game elements with this release, and the DLC expansion that will almost assuredly be a thing next year will expand on that and add a lot of features and post-game type stuff. And I think I'm kind of okay with that, as long as the main game and world that we get in this game is still good.

If this is true then it’s actually a big plus for me, lol. One of the things I dislike most about RPGs is having towns with tons of buildings to enter and NPCs to talk to. For someone who likes to explore areas completely before progressing, stuff like that is just too overwhelming and kills the pacing of games to me, so to hear that this game will have a lot less of that is actually great news to me!

Is there a list somewhere of everything you can do in the postgame?

Honestly, ever since X & Y, I've sort of resigned to making my own postgame from the main series games.

I always go for a 100% complete Regional Dex now, so as to add to my Living Dex in Pokemon Home.

I also EV/IV train (power train?) some newer Pokemon and take on VGC after a few months. So I'm not too worried about not having enough stuff to do at first.

Plus, if last gen's DLC is anything to go by, there will be a substantial addition to this game's content in about a year.

I wonder what kind of DLC we will get for this one. Being "open" won't be enough of a catch anymore, so they will probably come up with something more special.

I suppose it's possible there's a free update a la Daybreak for PLA that adds in some postgame battling stuff, but I suspect that was only free because it probably wasn't considered meaty enough to be paid content, and they can just roll in any battle facilities into the DLC.

I suppose it's possible there's a free update a la Daybreak for PLA that adds in some postgame battling stuff, but I suspect that was only free because it probably wasn't considered meaty enough to be paid content, and they can just roll in any battle facilities into the DLC.
Yeah, after PLA's Daybreak update I wouldn't put it past them to add some sort of smaller free update, maybe even multiple between DLC drops.

I also would not be surprised to see them do multiple expansion passes this time out.

So difficulty felt more fun? For me that could be a reason to buy it in the end.

I mean, fun is subjective. I think BDSP were harder, and nothing topped the final PLA battle, but lots of variety in fights and team compostion.

What I will say is that progress is still gated by your legendary's abilities (unlocked via Titans), so you can't rush head first into the final gyms...they still have an order to them based around static team levels.

How was the 3 subplots and overall story in general?

I enjoyed each one tbh. It's still a pokemon game, so manage expectations, but the three paths and the post-game story were all fun.

Honestly, I'm quite looking forward to seeing speedruns of the game. The open world gives so many routing possibilities, it'll definitely be interesting to watch, especially a glitchless category.

After sleeping on it I can think of a reason why they might want to hold off on the Battle Tower for DLC

Usually they have to redo the sets in the third version to account for new tutor moves, but SwSh got DLC instead, and the base game's Battle Tower was never updated to include new moves or reintroduced Pokémon. Putting the Battle Tower in the DLC means they can make the sets once and let them use DLC Pokémon and moves

After sleeping on it I can think of a reason why they might want to hold off on the Battle Tower for DLC

Usually they have to redo the sets in the third version to account for new tutor moves, but SwSh got DLC instead, and the base game's Battle Tower was never updated to include new moves or reintroduced Pokémon. Putting the Battle Tower in the DLC means they can make the sets once and let them use DLC Pokémon and moves
It could also let them put a little more effort in. I'm not expecting a Battle Frontier or anything, but SwSh's Battle Tower was the weakest one they've ever had.

It could also let them put a little more effort in. I'm not expecting a Battle Frontier or anything, but SwSh's Battle Tower was the weakest one they've ever had.
I assume they unrestricted everything because they knew competitive players needed to grind it for loot, but that doesn't explain why BP didn't scale to streak

Is there a list somewhere of everything you can do in the postgame?

Honestly, ever since X & Y, I've sort of resigned to making my own postgame from the main series games.

I always go for a 100% complete Regional Dex now, so as to add to my Living Dex in Pokemon Home.

I also EV/IV train (power train?) some newer Pokemon and take on VGC after a few months. So I'm not too worried about not having enough stuff to do at first.

Plus, if last gen's DLC is anything to go by, there will be a substantial addition to this game's content in about a year.
Seems like most of the Paradox Pokémon and the four Legendary perils (which are non-obvious to encounter, apparently) are post-game, and then otherwise there's tournaments

Seems like most of the Paradox Pokémon and the four Legendary perils (which are non-obvious to encounter, apparently) are post-game, and then otherwise there's tournaments
+ gym leader rematches, teacher bonding quests, and high level raids. Those first two also give you more participants in the tournament. It'd be the meatiest initial release for the 3D era if not for the lack of a battle facility

+ gym leader rematches, teacher bonding quests, and high level raids. Those first two also give you more participants in the tournament. It'd be the meatiest initial release for the 3D era if not for the lack of a battle facility
I go back and forth over how disappointed I am in the lack of battle facility. On the one hand, it's less content, and it means that competitive has no offline counterpart, so it might make it harder to jump into. On the other hand, no more BP grinding (you can just buy all the items for a fairly reasonable price), and let's be honest, the AI was never really good enough for the battle tower to ever be that fun or that much of a challenge

I do hope in the DLC they add something like what they did in Isle of Armor, where it's competitive-style battles with no healing in between. That was a fun challenge

Can't wait for Gen 5 remakes to give us 'The Battle Subway project has started!'

People tend to focus a lot on the battle facilities when they complain about the lack of post game, but I never really messed with them and I miss a lot other kinds of post game content. Gen 1 had Unknown Dungeon, gen 2 had Kanto, gen 3 had the Regis and Rayquaza, gen 4 had a whole bunch of stuff with a huge new area and Stark Mountain, gen 5 had a few new areas and a new quest (and BW2 had PWT), and then gen 6 onwards completely dropped the ball.

save the battle facilities and battle-focused content for stadium 3 imo
There will never be a Pokémon Stadium 3. Pokémon Stadium was a fun and unique way to play Pokémon, seeing the models and attacks in 3D for pretty much the first time ever. With the main series in 3D now, there’s absolutely no need for a separate release that focuses entirely on the battles.

Not being able to rematch the E4 (unless you somehow can and I missed it) but making the gym leaders rematchable in the base game is such a weird move lol.

Quoted by: Leo
Not being able to rematch the E4 (unless you somehow can and I missed it) but making the gym leaders rematchable in the base game is such a weird move lol.

Ive read that you can rematch the E4 members in the school tournament, but yeah, not as a single run E4 challenge.

There will never be a Pokémon Stadium 3. Pokémon Stadium was a fun and unique way to play Pokémon, seeing the models and attacks in 3D for pretty much the first time ever. With the main series in 3D now, there’s absolutely no need for a separate release that focuses entirely on the battles.
Strong disagree. An official Showdown-like with home integration and minigames would both be a huge hit and would free up the RPGs to experiment more since the competitive stuff has its own platform.

Would allow for great genuinely challenging battle challenges too.

I for one am super into brock's ongoing dedicated battle game idea

it would be a huge hit for hardcore battlers and casuals alike

Strong disagree. An official Showdown-like with home integration and minigames would both be a huge hit and would free up the RPGs to experiment more since the competitive stuff has its own platform.

Would allow for great genuinely challenging battle challenges too.

What do you mean showdown-like? Being able to create customized pokémon at free will? Because that's not gonna happen, it would render the main games pointless.

And removing that feature... You're left with a battle hub, which the main games already have.

I really miss Pokémon Stadium too, and I think they could implement a lot of features like different battle modes and minigames if they made it, but I don't think those things can warrant a game on its own, especially when it would be competing with the main games' online.

What do you mean showdown-like? Being able to create customized pokémon at free will? Because that's not gonna happen, it would render the main games pointless.

And removing that feature... You're left with a battle hub, which the main games already have.
Yeah! And it wouldn't render the main games pointless because the main games would be able to focus on other things, like Arceus.

I do think there is potential for a Stadium 3 (probably more similar to a Battle Revolution 2), especially one divorced of the mainline games than leans on HOME connectivity.

I don't think they would do it, because like folks have said, it's a bit redundant. They would need some sort of additional concept to make it compelling.

I do think there is potential for a Stadium 3 (probably more similar to a Battle Revolution 2), especially one divorced of the mainline games than leans on HOME connectivity.

I don't think they would do it, because like folks have said, it's a bit redundant. They would need some sort of additional concept to make it compelling.
Minigames 👀

But you see people in this thread disappointed that there isn't more of a focus on battles in the games that currently exist, this could be where that comes from.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom