• Hey everyone, staff have documented a list of banned content and subject matter that we feel are not consistent with site values, and don't make sense to host discussion of on Famiboards. This list (and the relevant reasoning per item) is viewable here.
  • Do you have audio editing experience and want to help out with the Famiboards Discussion Club Podcast? If so, we're looking for help and would love to have you on the team! Just let us know in the Podcast Thread if you are interested!

News Pokémon Presents Scheduled for February 27 2024 at 6am PST

I told y'all:

Remakes take at least 5 years between. This isn't just a pattern for pattern, it's logistic so they won't run out of things to remake.

Expect Unova remakes in 2026 or 2027.

Also, Khu is full of shit. Probably has no sources anymore and was wrongly betting on Unova remakes to keep his clout.

Not a big Pokemon guy but Legends was a lot of fun, so I'm looking forward to this. Hope the "simultaneously" means cross-gen because a Legends game with better hardware would be great

Kind of proud of Gamefreak for doing something very unexpected. Kalos was near the bottom of my list for potential a Legend game.

That ending transition was weird. I hope I’m not the only fool that was still sitting here watching it when an episode of the Pokemon show started playing wondering what kind of announcement that was alluding to lmao

X/Y are very bland, but I loved the region and especially the music. A Legends based in Kalos could be amazing, so I'm happy with it! I love how they keep doing the unexpected, I think that's very cool. The remakes of B/W will come eventually, so I'm not upset about it.

Also: Khu is finally dead right?

Pokemon Legends Z looks cool, though the rest of the Direct not so much. I could have skipped to the last minute lol

I havent really played Pokemon for a while, maybe I finally try out the first Legends before 2025 lol! Though this one looks cool with the whole urban redevelopment stuff. Probably will be January release again.

Pokémon Legends Z-A in 2025(apparently holiday since there's no Pokémon this November) SWITCH WILL NEVER DIE YEAAAAHHHHH

Kind of crazy but this year the gaming industry really told us "find a new hobby and come back next year".

Ehh, in hindsight it makes sense that Legends wouldn't be out until Switch 2 launches. Don't think it'll be early in the year like PLA was either

And, as expected, the announcement was a total curveball no one was expecting (Legends in Kalos, Pokémon Z what lol).

GF will do whatever they feel like.

Game Freak is skipping 2024. And it just said 2025, not specifying something like "early 2025" ala PLA trailer, so it might actually be next year's holiday release. And it's going to be Kalos. Zygarde is going to get their game. And it's going to be Legends. I'm very happy right now.

Game Freak is skipping 2024. And it just said 2025, not specifying something like "early 2025" ala PLA trailer, so it might actually be next year's holiday release. And it's going to be Kalos. Zygarde is going to get their game. And it's going to be Legends. I'm very happy right now.

(They may not be confident in the Switch 2 being early 2025 yet and it could be a Switch 2 launch title, lol)

Immersive cards looked like a very cool concept. Sadly I don't expect collections to carry over between Pocket and the existing TCG client. Still, if they successfully slim down the rules and shorten game length, I might have a new mobile time waster.

Kalos Legendz was a nifty surprise, but the idea the trailer really sold me on was: Get Will Wright out of retirement and working on a Sim Pokecity.

I'd rather it be Legends Celebi, but I'm just super happy we're getting another Legends game! (And that gen 10 will probably be 2026 with all the polish it deserves).

Switch 2024 is saved! 🫠

Was a fine Presents for me. I actually like getting the little updates on Go, Sleep, and Unite, and thought blowing through them was a good way to try and keep everyone happy. So, I’d say I enjoyed the pacing, with my only major complaint being that I didn’t need to see 73,492 packs of digital cards being opened.

Legends Z announcement was cool, but I’m not really sure it did much to tell me what the game is going to be like, or even look like, and (I’m probably dumb, but) I don’t get the “-A” part of the title. Is it suppose to be a call back to Arceus? That all said it was just a teaser trailer for a game that’s a decent ways off, so for what it was worth, it was neat!

Pokémon Johto dododododo
I’ve been singing that theme song since I read your post, and I sincerely thank you for that! I hope all the people I come across today also enjoy seeing a random guy walking around singing “It’s a whole new world we live in do do do do do doo, it’s a whole new way to see-ee…”

Switch 2024 is saved! 🫠

Was a fine Presents for me. I actually like getting the little updates on Go, Sleep, and Unite, and thought blowing through them was a good way to try and keep everyone happy. So, I’d say I enjoyed the pacing, with my only major complaint being that I didn’t need to see 73,492 packs of digital cards being opened.

Legends Z announcement was cool, but I’m not really sure it did much to tell me what the game is going to be like, or even look like, and (I’m probably dumb, but) I don’t get the “-A” part of the title. Is it suppose to be a call back to Arceus? That all said it was just a teaser trailer for a game that’s a decent ways off, so for what it was worth, it was neat!

I’ve been singing that theme song since I read your post, and I sincerely thank you for that! I hope all the people I come across today also enjoy seeing a random guy walking around singing “It’s a whole new world we live in do do do do do doo, it’s a whole new way to see-ee…”

I made another reference to the song earlier in the thread, I'm glad this time someone noticed lol

Well, Legends isn't for me. But it was a cool surprise!

But still very disappointed without anything on NSO again
Think they launch the NSO games this fall and announce in whatever direct or YouTube announcement seems appropriate. Makes sense as this year's “game”. I hope at least

just give us the gb/c/a games. fgs, what’s the holdup? it’s been 7 years
I'm starting to think they're being like Square Enix and they don't like their mainline retro titles on a subscription service which idk why they don't just make em separate releases on the e-shop then. But everything else spinoff/side game wise is on NSO anyway so I really don't know what's going on.
If they don't show up in either June or August I will have given up on them ever coming onto Switch

Legends Z-A definitely looks cool... but it's depressing to see that the old games are basically being abandoned at this point.

No NSO, no eShop releases, no faithful remakes. The games that I grew up with, the games that I love, are being left behind and replaced with a completely new vision.

Are GSC, RSE, BW, B2W2, and XY just never going to be available ever again?

There were never gonna be save points because of the connectivity to Sun and Moon. It's not them being finicky, you could literally farm infinite Mewtwos and transfer them over if it worked like other games.

Great so you agree it can never come to NSO then because those features can't removed from specific games with how NSO is set up, and the second half about them not having to deal with TPC just means you don't have a clue about how things work between the companies. Game freak are the ones who barely have a day.

I am excited for another Legends game, and I will probably check out the TPC mobile game, but that direct was rather mediocre. I'm glad that they are finally pushing the brakes a little bit on the main games to up the quality, but this felt more like a "we need to put out a video for Feb 27th" than "we have stuff ready to present".

No NSO announcements is disappointing as well.

Shit... I just remembered I have read about a 4chan leak with only a few replies talking exactly about this game, with a building mechanic, return of Mega Evolutions and more. I have to find it! It talked about the Z title.

Shit... I just remembered I have read about a 4chan leak with only a few replies talking exactly about this game, with a building mechanic, return of Mega Evolutions and more. I have to find it! It talked about the Z title.
What?! If true, then it truly flew under the radar. Go, find it! I'm hyped! I. Need. Info.

This going to be a Pokemon Yakuza/Like a Dragon, you'll see lol.

I'm so happy for having Pokemon Z, but at this point we don't know what "Pokemon Legends" means. It's too soon for being sure, but this doesn't seem similar to the Arceus concept in any way, apart from growing a city...?

May be Legends is just a name for more experimental Pokémon games rather than just the action/shooter/adventure genre we saw in Arceus.

Oh, and releasing in 2025 is not the great news I thought first, January 2025 would be definitely bad, I hope it's a holiday game.

Quoted by: Leo
This going to be a Pokemon Yakuza/Like a Dragon, you'll see lol.

I'm so happy for having Pokemon Z, but at this point we don't know what "Pokemon Legends" means. It's too soon for being sure, but this doesn't seem similar to the Arceus concept in any way, apart from growing a city...?

May be Legends is just a name for more experimental Pokémon games rather than just the action/shooter/adventure genre we saw in Arceus.

Oh, and releasing in 2025 is not the great news I thought first, January 2025 would be definitely bad, I hope it's a holiday game.

I think Legends refers to:

-Being set in the past;
-Focusing on how the relationship between people and Pokémon were built.

So kinda the story of how the Pokémon World came to be, in different regions.

I'm curious if all the Unown stuff was supposed to hint at something, or if they were just using the "letter" Pokemon for fun.
I thought the same thing. It seems like they wouldn't do that without any reason at all? Also the three cats (come at me) in Pkmn Sleep? I bet it's foreshadowing for a Presents in June. Can't be the only Pokemon related news for a whole year, right?...right?

I think the best thing about this presents is that we can finally toss Khu to the wayside. Even with his hedging of Gen 2 and Gen 5 he looked like a fool. He was as clueless as the rest of us.

Pokemon Legends looks interesting I guess. I'm curious how big the game world will actually be. Pokemon TCG is cool but ultimately relying on you spending money and putting those codes into it so whatever. No NSO? Just pathetic really.

I'm glad we're in the timeline where the Legends series continues. I hope the game is well supported with the possibility of expansive DLC.

Oh believe me, I'm in the same boat as you.

Honestly feel super betrayed by Game Freak and TPC right now, as excited as I am for more Legends.
I doubt they skip on Unova remakes entirely. Remember they never promised them yet and Khu is just the one who set expectations for everyone. I'd say let them cook and wait for the expected 5 years between remakes and hopefully they're much better than BDSP

They broke every pattern and obliterated every leaker. GG gamefreak.

Really really really happy to see a new Legends game, hopefully they take the time they need.

Back
Top Bottom