• Hey everyone, staff have documented a list of banned content and subject matter that we feel are not consistent with site values, and don't make sense to host discussion of on Famiboards. This list (and the relevant reasoning per item) is viewable here.
  • Do you have audio editing experience and want to help out with the Famiboards Discussion Club Podcast? If so, we're looking for help and would love to have you on the team! Just let us know in the Podcast Thread if you are interested!

News Pokémon Presents Scheduled for February 27 2024 at 6am PST

But why would they go back to Unova when they've already skipped over to Kalos? It makes no sense.

I think The Indigo Disc was the Unova game. We have no reason to believe otherwise right now.
Because Legends has nothing to do with the remake games? They literally announced a Legends and a remake in the same year last time.

You also have no reason to believe that Legends ZA is the new remake. There's cynicism and then there's making stuff up just to be extra cynical.

But why would they go back to Unova when they've already skipped over to Kalos? It makes no sense.

I think The Indigo Disc was the Unova game. We have no reason to believe otherwise right now.

If we follow the “pattern” DLC 1 was johto (HGSS) and DLC 2 was Unova (BW) but after today I will not try to predict gamefreak moves anymore.

Or they are more interested in making games they have cool ideas for instead of following an arbitrary release order for the original games. If they have a good idea for a Kalos game, there's no reason to pass on it just because BW came out first. They can always go back if they come up with something interesting for Unova.

They definitely have a bunch of 'Legends' game ideas on the drawing board. That we ended up with Legends Z-A is exciting. It shows they are not necessarily beholden to one idea of a Legends 'formula' like tracking Pokemon in the wilderness. An entirely metropolitan based Pokemon game is a fresh idea. It's also a way of managing scope. When we move completely onto Switch 2 and they develop more expertise with the engine we could see an entirely open-world Legends set in whatever other region.

As for why they didn't pick Castelia City as the main hub of this new game - it could be as simple as them wanting to bring back Mega Evolution as a mechanic for this title and wanting to tie it thematically to the region, or have the story of the game involve Zygarde with some environmental themes. Or maybe even because Paldea was set in 'Spain' and returning to 'France' would let them incorporate some elements from that region directly. Or whatever.

They're literally sleeping on gold cash not making a Concierge game.

a7dfb3aa49d8e24c28b5746f6f1a4cbd6cd6e01f.gif

wait, did people actually want lame-ass remakes of BW? just play the originals, they hold up way better than DP
this is my reaction to today too. I thought ILCA BW games were bad timeline lol.

Also, the professor (and player) from Legends Arceus are from Kalos and I remember distinct conversations w friends where we proposed a Hisui -> Kalos fake-out with the following game taking place in Unova. Do y'all really think there's gonna be a 2028 Legends game in Alola and we just skip over Unova? that's entirely possible actually but there's no precedent for this stuff anymore! All patterns have been broken! Accept the uncertainty that exists now and embrace it instead of trying to fit DLCs into your "remake model" becuase there is no Universe where Kitakami was intended to be a Johto callback. Both regions are just based on Japan.

They definitely have a bunch of 'Legends' game ideas on the drawing board. That we ended up with Legends Z-A is exciting. It shows they are not necessarily beholden to one idea of a Legends 'formula' like tracking Pokemon in the wilderness. An entirely metropolitan based Pokemon game is a fresh idea. It's also a way of managing scope. When we move completely onto Switch 2 and they develop more expertise with the engine we could see an entirely open-world Legends set in whatever other region.

As for why they didn't pick Castelia City as the main hub of this new game - it could be as simple as them wanting to bring back Mega Evolution as a mechanic for this title and wanting to tie it thematically to the region, or have the story of the game involve Zygarde with some environmental themes. Or maybe even because Paldea was set in 'Spain' and returning to 'France' would let them incorporate some elements from that region directly. Or whatever.
I think it's a combination of the Paldea/Spain:Kalos/France connection as well as the fact that there was a historical renovation of Paris during the 19th century that lines up timeline wise w the imagery presented in Legends Arceus, likely was the inspiration for the premise of the game. I wouldn't be surprised if there were characters that popped up in Legends Z-A that were present in Legends Arceus and they are confirmed to take place in the same time.

wait, did people actually want lame-ass remakes of BW? just play the originals, they hold up way better than DP
From a preservation standpoint, yes, that's exactly what I want. Either that or a straight port.

I also want ports of RBY, GSC, and RSE, whether on NSO or otherwise.

These games deserve to be preserved in a legal and accessible format. Not everyone wants to pay $200 for a used copy or emulate.

What if the B&W remakes are for this November?
Generally, with the exception of previous BDSPs, remakes were presented in May/June, including: Lets Go, ORAS and as I remember, even HGSS, although the latter was much time ago to even consider it. TPC would simply like to have something ready for November.

I don't know what ILCA's next project will be but to me it makes sense that they are the ones in charge of having something this year.

On the other hand, Legends Z-A is dated for 2025, so it is likely that for the first time in several generations an extra year will be added to the production of the next generation and it will end up coming out in 2026. I doubted it, but not dating Legends at the beginning of 2025 gives hope.

What if the B&W remakes are for this November?
Generally, with the exception of previous BDSPs, remakes were presented in May/June, including: Lets Go, ORAS and as I remember, even HGSS, although the latter was much time ago to even consider it. TPC would simply like to have something ready for November.

I don't know what ILCA's next project will be but to me it makes sense that they are the ones in charge of having something this year.

On the other hand, Legends Z-A is dated for 2025, so it is likely that for the first time in several generations an extra year will be added to the production of the next generation and it will end up coming out in 2026. I doubted it, but not dating Legends at the beginning of 2025 gives hope.
Potentially?? But why wouldn't they have announced them today? Every year since 2019 they've outlined every mainline release for the year by this point.

If we follow the “pattern” DLC 1 was johto (HGSS) and DLC 2 was Unova (BW) but after today I will not try to predict gamefreak moves anymore.
Kitakami is based on the tohoku region, which would be north of Kanto and south of Sinnoh. Which explains a good number of things there

Is weird but not so much.
When they decided to have ILCA develop BDSP they showed that they didn't need to put so many resources into the development a remake to sell well (even slightly better than Arceus). It also seems (and this is just speculation on my part) that they did it because they were originally planning Arceus as a year-end game and once they knew the extended development time for Arceus (and the consideration that it was not a Remake) they hired ILCA.
With this in mind and without an important SV DLC this year, I see it as unlikely that they will leave this November without a release, TPC is too greedy to allow it but I would be happy since I didn't like BDSP precisely because it was unambitious.

And as to why not promote it from today, I think I can speculate with a couple of alternatives:

1. They showed BDSP since February to reassure fans who wanted a more traditional remake when they showed Arceus. Now Legends is more accepted and is also going to another generation (VI) so they can save the announcement of a remake that will not have many new features for its presentation between May and July.

2. The other possible reason I would believe is because of the recent changes at Nintendo. With several Switch 2 slots free at the end of the year, TPC may want to rethink its advertising strategy to promote the game only for Switch 1 release.

Of course all of the above is for the purpose of speculating on the end of 2024 lineup for Switch and I'll be fine with or without PKMN this year.

Kitakami is based on the tohoku region, which would be north of Kanto and south of Sinnoh. Which explains a good number of things there

And we had the legendary beast as paradox with unova trio, so maybe the “new” pattern is:

FRLG —— —-RGB (kanto)
HGSS ———- GS (johto)
ORAS —— —-RS (hoenn)
LGPE ————FRLG (kanto)
BDSP/PLA —- DP (sinnoh)
SV DLC 1 — —HGSS (Johto)
SV DLC 2—- —BW (Unova)
Legends ZA—- XY (Kalos)
???? ———— ORAS (Hoenn)
???? —-——- SM (Alola)
????————-LGPE (Kanto)
ecc .

However Unova and jotho are the only regions without a 3D game, I can see ILCA remaking them in the next years (and fuck the pattern again LOL)

So Khu was full of it right? Genuinely not gen 2 or 5. No more sources.

Legends Kalos was speculated as more of a "wouldn't that be neat, they'd never do it though" sort of thing by some. Kalos was very much under-developed so its great to see this. Especially with the weird past and future vibe of the trailer. I wonder what that's about? Legends in the past, maybe with some time travel/paradox/synthetic mons or something?

"Z to A", makes me think of going from the end to the start. Starting in the future and heading backwards over time? Thats pretty random speculation from me.

Megas probably back. Hope they give it to some low stat mons this time.

After the Gen 6 Anime and hype, I could see this game do pretty well even by Pokemon standards, especially if it gets a cross gen patch.

I'm not sad its not Unovas' time yet. Not sure if it will come or not, whether that be a legends/experimental game or ILCA at some point. I'm mostly happy we are getting something fresh instead.

Legends Kalos was speculated as more of a "wouldn't that be neat, they'd never do it though" sort of thing by some. Kalos was very much under-developed so its great to see this. Especially with the weird past and future vibe of the trailer. I wonder what that's about? Legends in the past, maybe with some time travel/paradox/synthetic mons or something?

"Z to A", makes me think of going from the end to the start. Starting in the future and heading backwards over time? Thats pretty random speculation from me.

After the Gen 6 Anime and hype, I could see this game do pretty well even by Pokemon standards, especially if it gets a cross gen patch.

I'm not sad its not Unovas' time yet. Not sure if it will come or not, whether that be a legends/experimental game or ILCA at some point. I'm mostly happy we are getting something fresh instead.
Personally I still don’t rule out having an announcement later for 2024, if that’s the case the two games that continue to make sense are black and white remake and let’s go gen 2. Let’s wait and see if there’s another Pokémon Presents later in the year.

He hinted at the codename for PLZA but he was seemingly hinting at something Unovan-based, and now he's claiming it was "just a troll".

The image of Cursola, Palafin, and the four Unovan Pokémon was hinting at the codenames of ORAS, BDSP, and presumably: a BW remake, since that is what he had been hinting out for quite some time now. All four of the Unovan Pokémon had Intimidate as their ability, the codename for PLZA is Ikaku, the Japanese name for that same ability.

He spent like a year hinting at Unova, he made absolutely no reference to Kalos. He probably had no actual info other than the codename and made a bet on it being set in Unova or something.

I think Unova's time was The Indigo Disc. That's the only acknowledgment they'll ever give it.

Last edited:
Personally I still don’t rule out having an announcement later for 2024, if that’s the case the two games that continue to make sense are black and white remake and let’s go gen 2. Let’s wait and see if there’s another Pokémon Presents later in the year.
Agree. Also I could imagine a world where it's just in a Nintendo Direct as the holiday title.

Great so you agree it can never come to NSO then because those features can't removed from specific games with how NSO is set up, and the second half about them not having to deal with TPC just means you don't have a clue about how things work between the companies. Game freak are the ones who barely have a day.
Game Freak are the IP holders and the ones who ultimately have the final say when it comes to Pokemon, specially the videogame related affairs.

The truth couldn't be farther from this "TPC is an evil capitalistic overlord exploiting poor little indie Game Freak" narrative people have been trying to push. TPC is merely a conglomerate between Game Freak, Nintendo and Creatures to facilitate the handling of this massive, massive IP.

The current state of the Pokemon franchise is mostly attributable to Game Freak, although Nintendo is somewhat responsible as well as the publisher of every major game.

Last edited:
He was right about what he teased though, the code name for the game is ikaku like some people here guessed from his tweet. He just did it in the most obnoxious way ever.
Didn't he use mostly Gen 5 Pokémon to imply that codename?
I think he tried to imply Gen 5 remakes with that.

I can see him knowing the codename, but he implied nothing about what the game actually is.
It's not like we saw the codename in the trailer, his info gave us nothing other than the knowledge that he knew the codename, so it's kinda worthless.

He may have known the codename, but he did not know what it was for.

I can see him knowing the codename, but he implied nothing about what the game actually is.
It's not like we saw the codename in the trailer, his info gave us nothing other than the knowledge that he knew the codename, so it's kinda worthless.

He also tried to play his digital clock riddle (the one with the three vertical _s) as being an A and Z overlapping... even though that's completely nonsenical - a digital A wouldn't even have a bottom segment. It does match up with a 2 and 5 overlapping, which lines up with his previous hints about Johto and Unova. It's clear he knew absolutely nothing besides the codename and is trying to cover his ass by going "haha I wasn't wrong you were just trolled!!" as if that doesn't have the same affect of annihilating his credibility.

EDIT: On a second viewing I realized this post comes off a little aggressive. Don't mean that towards you, I'm just exasperated towards Khu lol

Last edited:

idk whether or not he tried to imply Gen 5 remakes but he did same thing to troll mystery dungeon fans last year when they were hoping for an Explorers of Sky DX. He used a map from the game to tease the DLC's logo. It's an unpleasant behavior but it's consistent with what he has done before.

Edit: The EoS tweet in question.

Last edited:
When you want to bust a leaker, you feed bad information to have a easier time figuring out who is responsible for it. Khu's run has been pretty long and consistent up until part 2 of SV DLC.

I think he can be written off from the reliable leakers list for the time being.

When you want to bust a leaker, you feed bad information to have a easier time figuring out who is responsible for it. Khu's run has been pretty long and consistent up until part 2 of SV DLC.

I think he can be written off from the reliable leakers list for the time being.
Maybe his intel is outdated, like Pyoro when he said he had heard about outsourced B/W remakes, but info is old

But yes, Khu should be disregarded

I don’t understand why pyoro would ask to delete his account (or why people considered him to be incorrect) when he even stated that the info could be wrong and doubled down and said it wasn’t worth reporting to centros (who reported it) It’s not like he went all in. He made it clear it was mostly a nothing burger and didn’t fully commit to it.

I don’t understand why pyoro would ask to delete his account (or why people considered him to be incorrect) when he even stated that the info could be wrong and doubled down and said it wasn’t worth reporting to centros (who reported it) It’s not like he went all in. He made it clear it was mostly a nothing burger and didn’t fully commit to it.

I guess as a joke, since he always tweet-answers to "fake" leakers that they should delete their accounts if they got something wrong.

That was just the rereveal.
It was announced years ago in a Pokémon presentation not long after the movie came out.
You're right, it's been so long between that announcement and the release of the game that I'd forgotten about it.

Apart from the 2024 end-of-year Switch line-up, what really intrigues me and makes me dubious about the potential absence of Pokémon game in 2024, perhaps wrongly, is that I wonder why TPC would totally ignore Unova. If there's no remake or Legend gen 5, I'd find that very hard to understand or at least I wouldn't understand the logic behind it.

You're right, it's been so long between that announcement and the release of the game that I'd forgotten about it.

Apart from the 2024 end-of-year Switch line-up, what really intrigues me and makes me dubious about the potential absence of Pokémon game in 2024, perhaps wrongly, is that I wonder why TPC would totally ignore Unova. If there's no remake or Legend gen 5, I'd find that very hard to understand or at least I wouldn't understand the logic behind it.
They didn't totally ignore Unova. They released The Indigo Disk!

...Yeah, I'm disappointed too.

Back
Top Bottom