• Hey everyone, staff have documented a list of banned content and subject matter that we feel are not consistent with site values, and don't make sense to host discussion of on Famiboards. This list (and the relevant reasoning per item) is viewable here.
  • Do you have audio editing experience and want to help out with the Famiboards Discussion Club Podcast? If so, we're looking for help and would love to have you on the team! Just let us know in the Podcast Thread if you are interested!

News Pokémon Presents Scheduled for February 27 2024 at 6am PST

N 2 Deep

Moblin
Pronouns
he/him/his

For Pokémon Day 2024

Unova or Johto
or both
otw

Edit:

Adding some regional links because not everyone is US Murican:

Last edited:
Come on, new Pokémon Legends!!!

I was thinking about how funny it would be if for the Gen V remake, they finally did Pokémon Grey.

It’s time

Yl97.gif

ILCA redemption arc* coming up!

* Kinda, BDSP only had a year of dev time IIRC. This remake should have a lot more time than that.

Direct this, Pokemon presents that; it's not real until the government confirms it. I'm not getting caught with pants on my head again, I'm not believing any leaker, or anyone who claims to know what's coming out or came out unless their name's Joe Biden.

Anime stuff, mobile stuff, merch stuff, something about TCG, one spin-off announced, one new game announced (Unova something)

We already got an announcement for new episodes of Pokemon Concierge, so TPC already did right by me. I would definitely love to see remakes of Black/White though. Kinda. There's a non-negligible chance these hypothetical remakes will disappoint. Legends Lugia would also be an interesting reveal.

Still think they should slow their roll but I know that's unrealistic. So gimme Legends Original Dragon.

Ever since they went from Pokemon Directs to Pokemon Presents it's not the same as hey it covers all Pokemon stuff including mobile.

Still on the Something Unova from Game Freak (not necessarily remakes, actually leaning towards re-imaginings) train. Anyone care to join me?

I don't see GF taking a gap year, so of course the game/set of games would come with a Holiday 2024 date.

They're just announcing these whenever at this point huh

Hoping for a new Legends or a similarly ambitious title, will probably get an ILCA Remake of B/W

There's only a few constant in this universe, a Pokemon Presents on Pokemon Day is one of them.

If they can't keep the remakes up to snuff (or at least maintain something resembling parity of presentation) with the current-gen mainline games anymore, they should just stop doing them, in my opinion. Do quite literally anything but them, at that point.

I want pixel perfect releases of Red, Blue and Yellow:

• Looks exact same but in widescreen
  • Both original GameBoy grayscale and Super Gameboy color options available
  • Modernized, no more mistakes like Wrap moves that lock you or inescapable Freeze
  • Modern boxes with Pokémon icons
  • And of course, online support.

If they can't keep the remakes up to snuff (or at least maintain something resembling parity of presentation) with the current-gen mainline games anymore, they should just stop doing them, in my opinion. Do quite literally anything but them, at that point.
Yeah, which is why I don't think Game Freak is ever* making a top-down Pokémon game again. That's not what they want to do. We have a precedent for it already, and they have been growing in headcount massively these past few years.

*ever as in "not any time soon", could also easily be ever as in "'till the heat death of the universe ever"

In the case the Switch 2 delay is true (lemme keep that hope), then i actually would want remakes as the big announcement.

I don't expect much from those anymore, and it would be sad to have a possible new Legends game tied as a Switch-only game.

idk. Feels way too soon for BW remakes or another Legends game. The only reason I even cling to something Unova related is because of Khu. Were it not for his hints, the most logical thing to me would honestly seem like Let's Go Johto (or god forbid nothing, for once)

idk. Feels way too soon for BW remakes or another Legends game. The only reason I even cling to something Unova related is because of Khu. Were it not for his hints, the most logical thing to me would honestly seem like Let's Go Johto (or god forbid nothing, for once)

I mean to be fair, the second part of the ScarVio DLC literally plays in Unova.
Two of the Blueberry Student E4 are relatives of Unova gym leaders.

There's quite the foreshadowing by Game Freak here, i'd say.

I mean to be fair, the second part of the ScarVio DLC literally plays in Unova.
Two of the Blueberry Student E4 are relatives of Unova gym leaders.

There's quite the foreshadowing by Game Freak here, i'd say.
Obviously something Unova is coming. But this year specifically feels way too soon. By the time holiday rolls around it'll only have been three years since BDSP and Legends. I'm doubtful either remakes or experimental games (if Legends even becomes a subseries) move to the regular generational cadence

I have to be real, the only reason I would ever go back and play Red and Blue is because they’re broken.
Ah, stuff I like (firered/LeafGreen):
Simplicity, fast paced compared to some other Pokémon games (no 20 tutorials), I like kantos structure.

Red/blue has also retro charme in its music and sprite work. And the whole flair is less hyped and Saturday morning like or cutesy and more muted.

Which is why I did not like the let's go games, and bw2 is overall my favorite.
That also means I really hope the remakes are not on switch...but let's not kid ourselfe, they are. If the remakes are like diamond/pearl, then without me. If we get a legend, I hope for more then just legends arceus in an unova skin.

Ah, stuff I like (firered/LeafGreen):
Simplicity, fast paced compared to some other Pokémon games (no 20 tutorials), I like kantos structure.

Red/blue has also retro charme in its music and sprite work. And the whole flair is less hyped and Saturday morning like or cutesy and more muted.
I just don't find those games super fun to play, unfortunately, and if I want that Kanto Experience, I'll boot up FR/LG.

It doesn't help that I picked up the series with Silver, either, I'm sure, so I don't really have the raw, irrepressible nostalgia that a lot of people do for Gen I.

I just don't find those games super fun to play, unfortunately, and if I want that Kanto Experience, I'll boot up FR/LG.

It doesn't help that I picked up the series with Silver, either, I'm sure, so I don't really have the raw, irrepressible nostalgia that a lot of people do for Gen I.
Oh sure, for playing (especially without emulator speed up functionality) they are archaic. I appreciate them, but I would recommend for/LG always over them.

But the creepyness and loneliness those games have in some moments is even unmatched by FR/LG.

Probably Unova, considering how heavily the Scarlet & Violet DLCs leaned towards it.

Johto seems... unlikely? Without Kanto also being included anyway. In terms of region design, Johto is pretty barren if you don't add Kanto to it as a region; Lugia has ties with the legendary birds from Kanto for example and a lot of gen 2 Pokemon are only first found in Kanto, rather than in Johto. It's much more an "expansion pack" region than any other region in the series.

Not that I would complain if we got both Kanto and Johto in a gen 2 legends game. :)

My idea for a game this year is Gold2 & Silver2. Games take place 25 years after GS with new gym leaders, professor and a new generation of Team Rocket (maybe the admins and leader are the kids of the GSC admins). Kanto is also present with Professor Blue Oak and also new gym leaders etc.

From a purely effeciency perspective let's go johto would be great because kanto is already modelled and such. And it's frankly, more exciting than ilca johto. (better yet gold or silver sequels or something clever with some new or changed areas). But I don't see let's go making a come back at all this late.

I expect ilca something with a small chance of also seeing gamefreak something, legends or something that fills that legends slot. I'm hoping to not see that game though, because I would prefer if it was given more time.

My idea for a game this year is Gold2 & Silver2. Games take place 25 years after GS with new gym leaders, professor and a new generation of Team Rocket (maybe the admins and leader are the kids of the GSC admins). Kanto is also present with Professor Blue Oak and also new gym leaders etc.
I will only accept Professor Blue Oak if he hands me a Pokédex, says "Smell you later!" and then runs off.

Back
Top Bottom