• Hey everyone, staff have documented a list of banned content and subject matter that we feel are not consistent with site values, and don't make sense to host discussion of on Famiboards. This list (and the relevant reasoning per item) is viewable here.

StarTopic Pokémon Legends: Arceus |ST| Breath of the Wild Area

Who did you choose to be your partner Pokemon?

• Total voters
Is it me or does Melli give off strong non binary vibes? The game hasn't used a pronoun for them yet, here's hoping!

I just got a boatload of gay off that character. I have finished the game but can't remember off-hand if any pronouns were used for Melli.

tqwcmme.png

Caught 'em all and got the reward for getting all research levels to at least 10. It took me almost 75h and I'm properly burnt out lol. Good game though, I very much recommend it.

Nearing the end myself after 45+ hours - by "end" i mean catching 240 Pokemon, not getting all of them to Level 10 in the Pokedex. I'm feeling a bit frustrated with the randomness of the distortion events and some of those Pokemon, and finding all of the Wisps was super tedious. I wish that there was a better way to keep track of the Wisps you've found, you know? Like if they were numbered somehow. The distortions themselves are cool but it's annoying that there's no way to tell when they were happen and that even when they do they might not have the Pokemon that you really need.

Besides those couple of things, however, this game is great and I've loved my time with it. Some DLC would be welcome.

I hate waiting for the distortions to start. Like, they should just start as soon as you walk in the bubble.

tqwcmme.png

Caught 'em all and got the reward for getting all research levels to at least 10. It took me almost 75h and I'm properly burnt out lol. Good game though, I very much recommend it.
A complete Pokedex and getting all of them to level 10 isn't enough to be a 10 star member? Sheesh.

I was 40 points away from full star when I finished the pokedex at level 10. Personally, I thought it was well linked!

I'm rank 8 and I haven't left the third area. 30 hours in, and I haven't gotten Sneasler yet lol

Took a break for almost a week to play Luigi's Mansion 3 but yesterday the Pokemon itch started againg so i played some more...
Around 65 hours in and i just
beat Volo...it was not difficult as I expected it to be, maybe because i had the right monsters with me
I'm at 219pokemon registered in the pokedex, i'm missing some Hisuian evolution, some legendaries, Magnemite, Cherubi and Bonsly (those 2 i've never seen them, i'll look up for a guide to where to find them)
Also, my cousing bought Pokemon Shield (i still haven't played it, last classic Pokemon was Sun on the 3ds) and it's a total slog to go back to the "classic" catching system when you have played PLA!

Nearing the end myself after 45+ hours - by "end" i mean catching 240 Pokemon, not getting all of them to Level 10 in the Pokedex. I'm feeling a bit frustrated with the randomness of the distortion events and some of those Pokemon, and finding all of the Wisps was super tedious. I wish that there was a better way to keep track of the Wisps you've found, you know? Like if they were numbered somehow. The distortions themselves are cool but it's annoying that there's no way to tell when they were happen and that even when they do they might not have the Pokemon that you really need.

Besides those couple of things, however, this game is great and I've loved my time with it. Some DLC would be welcome.

The only time either distortions or wisps got tedious for me were:
1. Finding the very last wisp overall was annoying because it was in the icelands somewhere not spottable while flying around (it was underground in an area I checked a few times but never got close enough for it to appear)
2. My last missing pokemon was a fossil pokemon and I just flew around waiting for a distortion to appear. Caught ONE in the very next distortion, couldn't find anymore, and ended up having to farm Pokedex tasks to hit level 10, evolve it, then level 10 it again.
3. Some of the baby pokemon just needed to spawn more. Having a few more trainer encounters where at least you could see them to get the location data in the Dex would be nice.

As far as DLC is concerned, I would love to see ones where distortions or space-time rifts brought additional legendaries (although hard to do post-game since basically the rifts should stop):
1. Bring RSE legendaries and throw the weather out of whack in regions with other odd Pokemon showing up where they shouldn't (bright and sunny in the icelands, etc.)
2. Set the birds/dogs loose to just roam and have to chase them down, would have to use feather balls to hit birds in the sky or dogs moving fast.
3. Since competitive isn't a thing, bring back mega-evolution forms as mega bosses to battle and obtain the stone to do mega evolution forms if you beat them. Hide them all over and find/beat them all to enable mega-evolution.
4. Have other ultra strong trainers drop with their corresponding teams for those that want more trainer battles. Elite 4 members, Cynthia, etc.

Lots of options, but it also might be nice to wait for a sequel to do some of these.

Do the Pokémon that spawn in time distortions change in the post game? I haven't found any fossils or starters yet.
I think I read somewhere certain Pokemon appear in time distortions depending on location but I'm not sure.

Do the Pokémon that spawn in time distortions change in the post game? I haven't found any fossils or starters yet.

I know that some of the starter evolutions start showing up in them in the post game, but I don't know if there are any other changes.

Starters show up in the post game, fossils can be found before that but only in one area
The Coronet Highlands

Time distortions have a set pool depending on what region you're in.

The starters are the only Pokemon that don't spawn until post game, each of them only spawns in one specific region, and they spawn in the "time distortion exclusive" slot that doesn't rotate every 10-15 seconds.

I stayed up way too late and spent two hours setting up the boxes to how I want them. It’s a lot of busy work, but I’m happy with how it is now. Now I know where everything is and where everything is supposed to go. Much better than the jumbled, confusing mess my boxes had been up to this point.

I stayed up way too late and spent two hours setting up the boxes to how I want them. It’s a lot of busy work, but I’m happy with how it is now. Now I know where everything is and where everything is supposed to go. Much better than the jumbled, confusing mess my boxes had been up to this point.
Yeah I've been putting the Pokemon in order and releasing any dupes as I've been going through getting them all to level 10 research. Hoping for some nice battle DLC to be announced to make it all worth it!

The box management in this game is a nightmare. I have a box for Pokémon I use, one for shinies, one for unown, and the rest is a misnumbered no man's land.

I am almost done finishin the dex. But the one I am looking the least for is Spirittomb. Maybe it sounds more work than it should be tho :D.

I just got the Shiny Charm. 116 hours. Not much else to do but I just enjoy spending time in this game so I will probably try to complete a living dex and do some shiny hunting. Maybe get perfect pokedex entries for some of my faves.

I am incredibly thirsty for DLC, hope the Pokemon Direct delivers! 😊

I can tell I'm burning out on the game, but I can't quite tear away. I've got the shiny charm, and mostly grinding outbreaks. Funny thing is I get more shinies from around the map than at the outbreaks.

I can tell I'm burning out on the game, but I can't quite tear away. I've got the shiny charm, and mostly grinding outbreaks. Funny thing is I get more shinies from around the map than at the outbreaks.
Yeah I've been noticing this. Last few shinys I got - Combee and Staravia - I was just exploring the first two maps.

I finally just got Sneasler, so that should make navigating precious maps a little bit less arduous. I’m nearly forty hours in. I’m thinking I should just press on to the fifth area to unlock Braviary at least, so I can have all the movement options.

I absolutely adore this game. I wish I could play it all day. I’ve got Elden Ring waiting on PS5, but who cares? There’s Pokémon to catch!

Interesting that the update is named and actually introducing new content, very monster hunter (lmao Sunbreak, Daybreak)

I wonder if we'll get a few of these in the lead up to gen 9

I am literally finishing up the last wisps to get my Spiritomb as my last Pokemon needed for the dex, so this is great timing.

It looks like there will be a lot of alpha outbreaks. Should hopefully make it easier to find shiny alphas!

I’m excited to play this and the fact that it is named gives me hope there will at least be one more. I want story closure that the last shot of the trailer still doesn’t make me think we’ll get.

Good to see more of the noble species available to capture. Interested to see what's in this, though I'm already dreading that double legendary fight.

Neat. WIll have to check this out when I can tear myself away from Elden Ring.

You gave your life so we could have Scarlet and Violet, Arceus. Your sacrifice will never be forgotten

2f0.gif
Honestly, good. Save it for our next Legends title in 2/3 years. Unless they were going to expand within this region, I prefer a new region to be fully explored in a new game.

Interesting- no real in-game notification about the update or patch notes. But obviously there are some added quests (I'm in the post-game)

I wouldn't say my interest was waning, but I hadn't played for a couple of days. This update is just enough to get me back into the game later today.

It's a pretty long questline so far, and it looks like the Massive Mass Outbreaks are a new permanent thing that can occur.

patch notes

Ver. 1.1.0 (Released February 27, 2022)​

• Newly Added Requests
    New requests you can enjoy after viewing the game’s end credits have been added.* Some of these requests will task you with surveying occurrences of the mysterious Massive Mass Outbreak phenomenon, in which simultaneous mass outbreaks of Pokémon occur throughout an area of the Hisui region. You can keep enjoying Massive Mass Outbreaks even after completing the related requests.
    *If you’re using a save data in which you’ve have already viewed the game’s end credits, you can enjoy post-credits content immediately after updating the game.
  • The Newly Added Eternal Battle Reverie
    After viewing the game’s end credits and completing all of the requests added in this update, you will be able to access the Eternal Battle Reverie. In the Eternal Battle Reverie, you’ll be able to meet Arceus in your dreams and attempt a test of strength. Hone your Pokémon battle skills and see how long of a win streak you can earn.
  • New Battles Added to the Training Grounds
    After completing all the new requests regarding Massive Mass Outbreaks, you’ll be able to participate in the Path of Solitude or the Path of Tenacity at the Jubilife Village training grounds.* In the Path of Solitude, you must choose one Pokémon to use in a difficult battle tailored to that specific Pokémon. When you complete one of these battles, your Pokédex will be updated with a new mark.
    In the Path of Tenacity, you will be able to enjoy battling the wardens and other characters you met during your journey.
    *To participate in all Path of Tenacity battles, you will have to complete several newly added requests in addition to those pertaining to Massive Mass Outbreaks.
  • New Features Added to the Photography Studio
    Once you complete the new requests mentioned above, people that you’ve met during your travels will come visit the photography studio, and you will be able to take photographs with them.
  • New High-Difficulty Balloon Race Added to Coronet Highlands
    After completing all the requests added in this update, you can try your hand at a new balloon race challenge in the Coronet Highlands. Utilize the various Pokémon you can ride and aim to complete the challenge.
  • An Additional Special Berry Harvest at the Farm in Jubilife Village
    You can now request a new special Berry harvest at the Jubilife Village fields and grow Berries that you previously could not.
  • Changes to the Function of the Ginkgo Guild
    When you buy items from Ginter at the Ginkgo Guild cart in Jubilife Village, you will now have several options to choose from.
  • Other Update Details
    • We have fixed an issue that kept players from advancing the mission “The Plate of Moonview Arena” if they took a specific action within that mission.
    • We have fixed an issue in which under certain conditions, the weather could become stuck in one state.
    • A number of other issues have also been fixed in order to improve your gameplay experience.

Back
Top Bottom