• Hey everyone, staff have documented a list of banned content and subject matter that we feel are not consistent with site values, and don't make sense to host discussion of on Famiboards. This list (and the relevant reasoning per item) is viewable here.
  • Furukawa Speaks! We discuss the announcement of the Nintendo Switch Successor and our June Direct Predictions on the new episode of the Famiboards Discussion Club! Check it out here!

StarTopic Pokémon Legends: Arceus |ST| Breath of the Wild Area

Who did you choose to be your partner Pokemon?

• Total voters
Got an outbreak of Teddiursa, and during the outbreak it turned into night. All of a sudden the Teddiursas started to move to hide in the high grass.

Finally got a shiny male Ralts, and in my eagerness I totally forgot that it also needs a dawn stone to evolve into Gallade and not just be male.

Punching the air.
Austin John Plays has a video on how to hunt the alpha shiny Gallade in Snowpoint temple - maybe you could go for that?

Does anyone have shiny duplicates they want to trade? I have a shiny Budew and a shiny Kricketune I'm looking to trade for other shinies.

Austin John Plays has a video on how to hunt the alpha shiny Gallade in Snowpoint temple - maybe you could go for that?
I’ve been going really slow, and only just unlocked Cobalt Coastlands.

But I’ll keep that in mind for once I reach that area! Having an alpha shiny would be awesome. Maybe I’ll just get a regular Gallade until then; I really can’t be asked to start the shiny hunt all over again for the same exact Pokémon.

Finally got a shiny male Ralts, and in my eagerness I totally forgot that it also needs a dawn stone to evolve into Gallade and not just be male.

Punching the air.

An easy way to get one is to grab those lost satchels and then trade in your points. I think it's something like 1200-1400 points for a dawn stone. I've also gotten some from the blue ore deposits, though I'm not sure if that's limited to specific areas or not. I know there's a quest that gives you one as a reward, but I think it's in the last area.

Have a link to this video? Trying to decide whether farming the static alpha spawns or waiting for outbreaks is a better plan.

An easy way to get one is to grab those lost satchels and then trade in your points. I think it's something like 1200-1400 points for a dawn stone. I've also gotten some from the blue ore deposits, though I'm not sure if that's limited to specific areas or not. I know there's a quest that gives you one as a reward, but I think it's in the last area.
I already evolved it into a Gardevoir by accident, unfortunately. 😅

40 hours in and 500 shaking trees later and I’m still yet to find a Cherrim or a Cherubi.
I actually found my first three just the other day. The trick of just reloading the first section and making a beeline towards the two blue trees at the bottom of the map really worked.

I found my first shiny that isn’t Ponyta just now, a Geodude. I came over a hill on Weirdeer and it was just sitting there, lol. It startled me actually.

Starting to get a bit annoyed with the music that plays when an agressive Pokémon see's you. It keeps getting in the way of the actual good music.
This annoyed the hell out of me too lol, the game has pretty good music but it rarely actually lets you listen to it uninterrupted.

Starting to get a bit annoyed with the music that plays when an agressive Pokémon see's you. It keeps getting in the way of the actual good music.
This is why I've just started listening to other things now, and hope the soundtrack eventually makes its way to Apple Music or something.

Same, I'm just having a good time listening to God Ichinose nailing it while riding on Wyrdeer, and then Paras just has to kill my vibe

I certainly have a way of bumbling into stuff I'm not at all prepared for in the post game so far. Just ran across the Darkrai. Caught it, but still, whoops!

End game spoiler question

where did the space balm come from for the palkia fight? Just got to it and I am confused lol.

I certainly have a way of bumbling into stuff I'm not at all prepared for in the post game so far. Just ran across the Darkrai. Caught it, but still, whoops!
Whatever you do make sure you don't run into/catch Cresselia before a quest points you at it, you'll end up locked out of finishing the game until the next patch like me :cry:

At last, I entered the 5th area. I'm at star rank 9, catched 152 Pokemon and have 103 research level 10. And after an eternity, a Cherrim fell of a tree. Thank God Arceus.
Now, only the research level needs to be raised to 10 so this quest can eventually be completed.

Just rolled credits!

That final boss fight was well done. The first one of course gave me some hesitancy, but they really did the difficulty curve right on making the action battles more challenging each pass and I really enjoyed them. They can be cheesed sure and mechanics are a bit rough, but I appreciate the risk in trying something outlandish. Kind of like the inverse of paper mario origami king's boss fights, they didn't overstay their welcome. Sure they couldn't carry a game on their own, but they don't have to.

End game spoiler question

where did the space balm come from for the palkia fight? Just got to it and I am confused lol.
I have no freakin' clue. They just kinda showed up I guess, maybe Dialga gives it to you? But then why does Dialga have Palkia snacks on it?

I have no freakin' clue. They just kinda showed up I guess, maybe Dialga gives it to you? But then why does Dialga have Palkia snacks on it?
Lol the whole ending felt kinda rushed and oddly paced with all the quick quests and back and forth. I feel like there should have been a more open-ended part to the "dark sky" times. Ah well, again, I appreciate their efforts to do something new and can't wait to see what's next.

I found my first shiny that isn’t Ponyta just now, a Geodude. I came over a hill on Weirdeer and it was just sitting there, lol. It startled me actually.
Lol I found another shiny Geodude. Two shinies in one day! But why’d they both have to be Geodude? Now I need a third to complete the line.

Does anyone have shiny duplicates they want to trade? I have a shiny Budew and a shiny Kricketune I'm looking to trade for other shinies.
These are like the only shinies i have lol.. If you wanna trade still i could!

Quoted by: Leo
The sound mixing over all in Arceus reminds me of Twilight Princess, where only one single music track could be heard at the same time, resulting in music switching on and off all the time. (Compare that to BotW, where the music mixing is multi-layered and the transitions are handled dynamically.)

Is there some kind of record for most shinies caught in 1 hour? I somehow caught 3 in 35 minutes. Like how???
I'm gonna buy a lottery ticket.

Last edited:
Just realized this theme from Obsidian Fields is a remix of Sandgem Town. It had been bugging me forever lol

How do I swap my team of mons within the town? I'm (I assume) at the end of the game, and
the old lady doesn't let me leave town unless I have Palkia in my team.

Is it confirmed whether sleeping at a camp resets the spawns? Or do I have to go back to the village for that?

Is it confirmed whether sleeping at a camp resets the spawns? Or do I have to go back to the village for that?
So how spawns work is a bit complicated. I forget the nitty gritty details but basically there's a list generated every time you enter an area from Jubilife that spawns pull from. If you chase away/catch/defeat spawned Pokemon and then rest (any time but "a little while"), it moves to the next Pokemon in the list. To reset the list entirely, you go back to Jubilife.

So generally the process if you're looking for a specific Pokemon is to go where it spawns, genocide the local Pokemon population, rest, and go back. Once there are no more Pokemon spawning, reset by going back to Jubilife. Personally, I can confirm that defeating Pokemon and resting does reset the Pokemon that are spawned there. Didn't ever have to reset the whole list though

Yeah, as long as you clear out the current Pokémon and rest for more than just a bit, new ones will spawn. Did that to find Munchlax and Magby

Thank Arceus for auto save. I was flying around on Braviary when I heard the shiny sound and I thought I could survive the drop but I couldn't. Reset the game and went back on foot this time and it was still there. Now I have 18 shinies. (Yes I know I promised to stop posting about my shinies but this was a worthy update.)

Kind of disappointed with how many of the Pokemon in the Coronet Highlands are repeats. Hopefully they just saved the last big batch of "new" Pokemon for the final zone.

You have to go back to the village.

So how spawns work is a bit complicated. I forget the nitty gritty details but basically there's a list generated every time you enter an area from Jubilife that spawns pull from. If you chase away/catch/defeat spawned Pokemon and then rest (any time but "a little while"), it moves to the next Pokemon in the list. To reset the list entirely, you go back to Jubilife.

So generally the process if you're looking for a specific Pokemon is to go where it spawns, genocide the local Pokemon population, rest, and go back. Once there are no more Pokemon spawning, reset by going back to Jubilife. Personally, I can confirm that defeating Pokemon and resting does reset the Pokemon that are spawned there. Didn't ever have to reset the whole list though
Thank you!

I'm almost done getting all Pokemon entries to level 10 and receiving the
shiny charm
for it. However, I'm still really far away from level 10 research rank. Does anyone know what the reward for that would be? I'm getting kinda burnt out on the game after 72h but if the reward is good, I might consider it.

Thank you!

I'm almost done getting all Pokemon entries to level 10 and receiving the
shiny charm
for it. However, I'm still really far away from level 10 research rank. Does anyone know what the reward for that would be? I'm getting kinda burnt out on the game after 72h but if the reward is good, I might consider it.

20 rare candies and 10 grit rocks iirc. I think more money for catching Pokemon as well like with the other ranks, but not sure what the difference is offhand.

I have just rolled credits and defeated
Volo
. The only reason I can think of on why that battle wasn't the end of the main campaign would be bc it is too hard, but even then, it just explain a very important piece of the plot imo.
Now, I'll try to complete the pokedex (for the first time in the series) and do the final battle and ending. Even though I have played it on a slower pace than BD and Let's Go, I think it is a better and more enjoyable game overall. I just hope the releases of Horizon FW (which I haven't received yet due to shortage of the steelbook edition in my country), GT7 and Elden Ring don't distract me too much.

Thank Arceus for auto save. I was flying around on Braviary when I heard the shiny sound and I thought I could survive the drop but I couldn't. Reset the game and went back on foot this time and it was still there. Now I have 18 shinies. (Yes I know I promised to stop posting about my shinies but this was a worthy update.)

Shinies don't despawn when you black out. They will be always there unless they run away or you go back to the village.

I've actually turned off auto save because it gets in the way of shiny hunting, since you can't restart to farm outbreaks.

Shinies don't despawn when you black out. They will be always there unless they run away or you go back to the village.

I've actually turned off auto save because it gets in the way of shiny hunting, since you can't restart to farm outbreaks.
The auto save saved me because the last time I manually saved was at the village so it wouldn't have been still there.

Quoted by: Leo
The auto save saved me because the last time I manually saved was at the village so it wouldn't have been still there.

That's the thing, you don't go back to the village when you black out, you go back to camp. Everything in the map will be the same (unless you switch day/night, then nocturnal/diurnal Pokémon will change ofc).

I actually caught a shiny Luxio after panicking because I blacked out when I was trying to catch it.

That's the thing, you don't go back to the village when you black out, you go back to camp. Everything in the map will be the same (unless you switch day/night, then nocturnal/diurnal Pokémon will change ofc).

I actually caught a shiny Luxio after panicking because I blacked out when I was trying to catch it.
Ah okay. I didn't know. I just reset the game because I didn't want to lose any of my items.

Cobalt Coastlands just seems like a kind of eh area overall. It feels like they designed it starting with "we need to include an area that hits these habitats (volcano, ocean, spooky)" and everything outside of those specific roles is generic and repeats a lot from the first area.

They could've done more with Firespit Island instead of just Magby line, Geodude line, and the set spawns. I know Sinnoh isn't big on Fire Pokémon, but you have this huge landmark that's just a spiral upwards. Even if they don't want to drop all the Fire-types there, at least put some other mountain Pokémon there for variety. Deadwood Haunt is neat but there's not much else on the way to the south camp, so you get a mostly linear trek without much of interest.

Back
Top Bottom