• Hey everyone, staff have documented a list of banned content and subject matter that we feel are not consistent with site values, and don't make sense to host discussion of on Famiboards. This list (and the relevant reasoning per item) is viewable here.

StarTopic Pokémon Legends: Arceus |ST| Breath of the Wild Area

Who did you choose to be your partner Pokemon?

• Total voters
One of the things I dislike about this game is the research tasks.I know I don't have to do them but kinda wanted the shiny charm as for today I'm giving up on that. This game is so much fun in the exploration and catching aspect tho and that is the core, I'll just have to ignore those tasks.

fuck the wisps

they'd be fine if there was sort of radar mechanic, but that would be too easy for them
Yeah they’re awful. Even with a map they’re bad. God help you if you found a dozen in each region yourself and need a map for the rest.

Okay, finally started playing this game.

Some thoughts:

1. The game is a ton of fun. Just catching Pokemon and exploring the area I am in, has been very zen and much better that dragging out random encounters. I like that I can engage how I want.

2. The music is pretty bangin'!

3. Holy shit, now that I am playing it (handheld as always for me), wow, the hyperbole with this game was just off the charts. Is this the most technically impressive game visually? Nope. Duh. But the game looks nice? As in it is pleasing to my eyes and has charming visual style with the setting, town, characters and models. I really do not see the problem or the hyperbole with the "looks like dog shit". I just don't get it. Visually, if I had to really say is the weakpoint, are the ground textures which are kinda flat.

4. Going to say the music. The village theme and that fun bop when the professor has shit to say.

5. Okay, I have played almost every Pokemon game. Is it me or do these fuckers hit harder than in any other game? A regular battle, I am at or over the level, and why did their move take off that much HP?

6. Speaking of hitting harder, just had my first boss fight with Noble Kleavor, and um, was he suppose to hit that hard?! And now he is rock type?! Had no coverage really for that. I thought he would be bug/flying, no bug/rock! So my Quilava was fucked due to Rock being effective on it. And my Luxio's electric was a wash without him being flying.

That said, rock nor bug are strong against electric and vice versa, but at level 22 he was taking over half HP with stealth rock. Rest of my team were psychic (one shot) and one ghost/flying (also one shot).

So I went through so many revives and ran out of potions and barely beat him. Why was he absurdly strong with Luxio which should have least been a wash for both of us. Do all nobles all kick my ass like that?

Anyway, really digging this game. The satchels are a nice touch for rewards, but would be cool if they had more asynchronous online things regarding other players as well. I am a big fan of asynchronous online elements.

Yeah they’re awful. Even with a map they’re bad. God help you if you found a dozen in each region yourself and need a map for the rest.
that's something I'd recommend to everyone new to the game.

if you see a wisp, DON'T TOUCH IT! save it for post game and with a guide

For people struggling with the wisps, for me it helped to just rest until night time and then fly around the entire map with Braviary. They should be relatively easy to spot then, I didn't have to use a map.

Yeah, the wisps are basically visible across the whole map, they don't pop in. They might not be easy to spot, but they're there.

Hey, remember when Game Freak put in an obnoxious side quest into the Isle of Armor that had you scour the map to find 150 Alolan Diglett? With no map or radar?

Sure glad to see them do that same side quest again, huh?

(It's a little easier in Arceus, at the least.)

Quoted by: Leo
Okay, I have played almost every Pokemon game. Is it me or do these fuckers hit harder than in any other game? A regular battle, I am at or over the level, and why did their move take off that much HP?
The stat curve has been significantly flattened. I noticed as soon as my level 5 starter had like 60-something HP

Hey, remember when Game Freak put in an obnoxious side quest into the Isle of Armor that had you scour the map to find 150 Alolan Diglett? With no map or radar?

Sure glad to see them do that same side quest again, huh?

(It's a little easier in Arceus, at the least.)

I kinda like the mechanic and I hope it returns in S/V, but it definitely needs to be executed better.

The wisps we have already obtained should be marked on the map for starters, and better incremental rewards would be nice too.

I kinda like the mechanic and I hope it returns in S/V, but it definitely needs to be executed better.

The wisps we have already obtained should be marked on the map for starters, and better incremental rewards would be nice too.
A auto map marker alone would make it a lot easier to track where I've already looked. A radar could be nice but not required with the above.

My game is straight up bugged, I have done like 5 Space-Time Distortions in Crimson Mireland without a single Porygon spawning...
I have this exact same problem. I need one to complete the dex, but no matter how many times I wait (and the wait is long) for a space-time distortion, it just isn't there.

Distortions while you're playing the story: cool experience, see them often

Distortions when you're looking for one pokemon: absolutely infuriating experience. Legit poorly designed as a postgame mechanic

Haven't played for a bit with all the other games that came out (will go back to it soonish). But I finally had my first shiny in the game. Cascoon was just hopping around.

Finally had some time to just run around with the new post game stuff and holy shit I've had a productive night. 15 new shinies (mostly from massive mass outbreaks, two random). Even got a shiny Alpha Haunter (which just reminds me how atrocious shiny Gengar is...)

I love the mechanics and hope this transfers over to Violet as well, traditional shiny hunting where it took days or weeks was the worst, this is therapeutic even (still haven't got the one shiny I was aiming for though - Roselia).

After just under 86 hours, I've finally decided to give up on a true 100% run. Came so close, but the Path of Solitude is just way too fucking grindy. My completion progress at the end:
  • Completed pokedex (with research level 10 for all Pokémon)
  • Full Star rank
  • Nearly all requests done
  • Bought all recipes/Rotom machines/satchel upgrades
  • All old verses
Also still have some of the Path of Tenacity + all of the Reverie battles, but I really don't think I can be bothered at this point. This is the first time I've ever completed the pokedex in a mainline game and I don't think I've ever caught this many shinies in a single playthrough (Happiny, Drifblim, Paras, Geodude x2, Luxio), so there's that at least.

Overall, I'd say this is an okay game with some great mechanics for catching and traversal (that battle system will hopefully never return). All the padding really started to wear down on me even before I was done with all the main missions, and the objectives/story are pretty meh, but I had a great time exploring each area for the first time.

Also, while this is an actual mainline game, it has that same kind of "mainline-adjacent" feel that the Orre games did, and it felt pretty similar to those games because of that. Felt weirdly nostalgic even though this is a new game, and it's very different from Colosseum and XD. I guess it mostly felt that way because more conventional RPGs that deviate from the Pokémon formula have been so rare.

I have captured arceus. just under 90 hours, which is far, far away the most time i've put into a pokemon game. I'm really hoping SV has some similarly worthy content to sink my teeth into. catching all the pokemon wouldn't be so bad if I actually had a reason to beyond "here's something to catch different colored versions of the pokemon you already caught!"

I’d like something similar for Alpha’s too. I’ve done it myself with markers but ran into limits.

Anybody still pop this game open just to bop around and get beat up by Gravelers?

Revisited the game this week to knock out the post-game + daybreak content before Scarlet and Violet come around. Got rocked in a certain fight that has 3 stages and ties to Platinum, so now I gotta go level up through the side quests. Really enjoying returning to it!

Revisited the game this week to knock out the post-game + daybreak content before Scarlet and Violet come around. Got rocked in a certain fight that has 3 stages and ties to Platinum, so now I gotta go level up through the side quests. Really enjoying returning to it!
I really wanna give this game another go before the year ends. Maybe after Violet, because I see myself wishing that were more like Arceus.

Back
Top Bottom