• Hey everyone, staff have documented a list of banned content and subject matter that we feel are not consistent with site values, and don't make sense to host discussion of on Famiboards. This list (and the relevant reasoning per item) is viewable here.

StarTopic Pokémon Legends: Arceus |ST| Breath of the Wild Area

Who did you choose to be your partner Pokemon?

• Total voters
Resetting for same mass outbreak has been patched out today. RIP shiny hunting, it was good while it lasted.

I'm in the postgame and have a couple questions
  1. Does the game hint at all where to find Cherubi/Cherrim? I've identified which areas it's in thanks to the each region's dex categorization. I remember seeing something a while back about a tree and there was previously a glitch that made it harder to spawn (I've been trying to be spoiler-free). I have the side quest where the guy wants to see the dex entry but if there was a hint when I received the quest it was two weeks ago and I've forgotten.
  2. Same with the new evos - does the game give you any indication for their evo methods? Some like Electrode are simple to just level up or check all your stones, but I accidentally saw Overqwil's online and hoo boy, if the others are like that and the game doesn't nudge you in that direction then no way am I trying to brute force my way through discovering those.
If the answer is yes the game does help I actually don't want any help for where to go though! (For now...) Just yes or no, please. But if the game doesn't provide any hints I want to know that before I waste a bunch of time scouring the NPCs and side quests for info

Oh and 3. collecting all the wisps is definitely necessary for dex completion, right? (notwithstanding today's patch, I saw it can get an outbreak now)

I'm in the postgame and have a couple questions
  1. Does the game hint at all where to find Cherubi/Cherrim? I've identified which areas it's in thanks to the each region's dex categorization. I remember seeing something a while back about a tree and there was previously a glitch that made it harder to spawn (I've been trying to be spoiler-free). I have the side quest where the guy wants to see the dex entry but if there was a hint when I received the quest it was two weeks ago and I've forgotten.
  2. Same with the new evos - does the game give you any indication for their evo methods? Some like Electrode are simple to just level up or check all your stones, but I accidentally saw Overqwil's online and hoo boy, if the others are like that and the game doesn't nudge you in that direction then no way am I trying to brute force my way through discovering those.
If the answer is yes the game does help I actually don't want any help for where to go though! (For now...) Just yes or no, please. But if the game doesn't provide any hints I want to know that before I waste a bunch of time scouring the NPCs and side quests for info

Oh and 3. collecting all the wisps is definitely necessary for dex completion, right? (notwithstanding today's patch, I saw it can get an outbreak now)
1. There seem to be specific trees in the areas they are found in the Pokedex. Or you can get lucky and get a mass outbreak. If you want I still have Cherubi and Cherrim from mine, if you want to trade.

2. For the new evos, if items or level ups don't get you to evolve, pay attention to the research tasks. They may point you in the right direction.

3. Yes, there is a specific Pokemon tied to it.

1. There seem to be specific trees in the areas they are found in the Pokedex. Or you can get lucky and get a mass outbreak. If you want I still have Cherubi and Cherrim from mine, if you want to trade.

2. For the new evos, if items or level ups don't get you to evolve, pay attention to the research tasks. They may point you in the right direction.

3. Yes, there is a specific Pokemon tied to it.
1. Thank you! Perfect hint!! And thanks so much for the trade offer, I'm gonna keep going on my hunt for now though :)

2. Thank you!!

3. Thanks - I know the one, and I figured as much. Only have like ten left so it shouldn't be too bad at night...or those will be the hardest 😂

I touched on it in my latest post in the Scarlet & Violet announcement thread, but the more I play this game, the more I realize I really dislike the battle system. Facing one Pokemon that can hit you twice in a row is bad enough, but facing 2 or more? Yeesh. And then sometimes, despite being 20 levels above certain Pokemon, even hitting them with STAB super-effective moves doesn't one-shot them. It's wild. Never seen this kind of struggle before. Hope to never see it again.

I touched on it in my latest post in the Scarlet & Violet announcement thread, but the more I play this game, the more I realize I really dislike the battle system. Facing one Pokemon that can hit you twice in a row is bad enough, but facing 2 or more? Yeesh. And then sometimes, despite being 20 levels above certain Pokemon, even hitting them with STAB super-effective moves doesn't one-shot them. It's wild. Never seen this kind of struggle before. Hope to never see it again.
It feels good for the kind of game that it is in, where Pokemon are these threatening things that can outnumber and swarm you, but it's not what I want out of the series all of the time, ya know? Though it seems that Scarlet and Violet are using the traditional battle system, just in the environments now.

Don't worry, you're in good company

Yay, I got Braviary and can fly now! Time to go back to the previous areas and get those dang wisps

I think it’s a good fit for this game but it obviously couldn’t carry over to mainline and is questionable in the end game
The point that people most often cite as to why it's a good fit for this game is that it feels more dangerous, which I agree with. I think it's a noble goal in a game that's set before Pokémon were tamed, has you venture out into the wild and is seemingly aimed at an older audience. But I think having multiple Pokémon gang up on you at once was already enough to achieve that. What else would you say makes this battle system a good fit for the game?

The point that people most often cite as to why it's a good fit for this game is that it feels more dangerous, which I agree with. I think it's a noble goal in a game that's set before Pokémon were tamed, has you venture out into the wild and is seemingly aimed at an older audience. But I think having multiple Pokémon gang up on you at once was already enough to achieve that. What else would you say makes this battle system a good fit for the game?
That's a great question. Tbh, I'm probably not too qualified to answer as someone who was checked out of the series since B/W and returned wtih Arceus. I suppose what I appreciated about playing Arceus vs the little of Brilliant Diamond / memory of past games was just the simplification of held items / statuses and other move changes. But that's a sort of gray area feeling that combines with the other QOL changes around moves and evolutions so it's not quite a fair shake. I think you're right that having pokemon gang up on you was really all it needed.

Also, that all breaks down when you get to trainer battles. Trainer battles feel like wild battles in Arceus if that makes sense, and they lack the strategy I felt in even the couple gyms of Brilliant Diamond I played to get the platinum content. That's part of what I'm kind of meh on the (free)LC for.

That's a great question. Tbh, I'm probably not too qualified to answer as someone who was checked out of the series since B/W and returned wtih Arceus. I suppose what I appreciated about playing Arceus vs the little of Brilliant Diamond / memory of past games was just the simplification of held items / statuses and other move changes. But that's a sort of gray area feeling that combines with the other QOL changes around moves and evolutions so it's not quite a fair shake. I think you're right that having pokemon gang up on you was really all it needed.

Also, that all breaks down when you get to trainer battles. Trainer battles feel like wild battles in Arceus if that makes sense, and they lack the strategy I felt in even the couple gyms of Brilliant Diamond I played to get the platinum content. That's part of what I'm kind of meh on the (free)LC for.
As much as I loathe their very existence, if you liked the simplification of certain battle mechanics but miss the strategical element, perhaps the Let's Go games are worth a shot?

I felt that Legends Arceus was missing a good desert region although it wouldn't have made much sense for its real-world inspiration

but this

Pokemon-Violet-Scarlet-Screenshot-9.png

v i b e s

oh this is the Legends Arceus thread lmao, oops

Last edited:
As much as I loathe their very existence, if you liked the simplification of certain battle mechanics but miss the strategical element, perhaps the Let's Go games are worth a shot?
I actually did pick up let's Go pikachu but didn't get too far into it! Mostly due to other stuff out around the same time, I picked it up on a deep pricing error sort of deal. Good idea, I should probably revisit that. I did find it a little bland haha.

I won brilliant diamond here and am actually really excited to play once I wrap Arceus since it was my first game back on the DS.

This update is more substantial than I was expecting of a free update. The full patch notes are here for those who haven't seen it, but it's a solid couple of hours of more content, and all free. They've snuck in what can be seen as PLA's equivalent of a battle facility or two, and Ginter selling multiple items now means I can finally get the Rotom items. New outbreak style is pretty dope too, letting us access some harder to get mons.

• Newly Added Requests
    New requests you can enjoy after viewing the game’s end credits have been added.* Some of these requests will task you with surveying occurrences of the mysterious Massive Mass Outbreak phenomenon, in which simultaneous mass outbreaks of Pokémon occur throughout an area of the Hisui region. You can keep enjoying Massive Mass Outbreaks even after completing the related requests.
    *If you’re using a save data in which you’ve have already viewed the game’s end credits, you can enjoy post-credits content immediately after updating the game.
  • The Newly Added Eternal Battle Reverie
    After viewing the game’s end credits and completing all of the requests added in this update, you will be able to access the Eternal Battle Reverie. In the Eternal Battle Reverie, you’ll be able to meet Arceus in your dreams and attempt a test of strength. Hone your Pokémon battle skills and see how long of a win streak you can earn.
  • New Battles Added to the Training Grounds
    After completing all the new requests regarding Massive Mass Outbreaks, you’ll be able to participate in the Path of Solitude or the Path of Tenacity at the Jubilife Village training grounds.* In the Path of Solitude, you must choose one Pokémon to use in a difficult battle tailored to that specific Pokémon. When you complete one of these battles, your Pokédex will be updated with a new mark.
    In the Path of Tenacity, you will be able to enjoy battling the wardens and other characters you met during your journey.
    *To participate in all Path of Tenacity battles, you will have to complete several newly added requests in addition to those pertaining to Massive Mass Outbreaks.
  • New Features Added to the Photography Studio
    Once you complete the new requests mentioned above, people that you’ve met during your travels will come visit the photography studio, and you will be able to take photographs with them.
  • New High-Difficulty Balloon Race Added to Coronet Highlands
    After completing all the requests added in this update, you can try your hand at a new balloon race challenge in the Coronet Highlands. Utilize the various Pokémon you can ride and aim to complete the challenge.
  • An Additional Special Berry Harvest at the Farm in Jubilife Village
    You can now request a new special Berry harvest at the Jubilife Village fields and grow Berries that you previously could not.
  • Changes to the Function of the Ginkgo Guild
    When you buy items from Ginter at the Ginkgo Guild cart in Jubilife Village, you will now have several options to choose from.
  • Other Update Details
    • We have fixed an issue that kept players from advancing the mission “The Plate of Moonview Arena” if they took a specific action within that mission.
    • We have fixed an issue in which under certain conditions, the weather could become stuck in one state.
    • A number of other issues have also been fixed in order to improve your gameplay experience

Gonna check the update out today after work, busy with Elden Ring but i will make some time. Arceus is probs my new most favorite pokemon game. Glad they added free new endgame content.

Quoted by: Leo
Gonna check the update out today after work, busy with Elden Ring but i will make some time. Arceus is probs my new most favorite pokemon game. Glad they added free new endgame content.

If you're interested in shiny hunting, consider holding off on the update until you have everything you wanted, because the method for hunting a specific pokemon has been patched out.

Finally got my shiny Scyther ❤️ perfecting his entry and checking the forest from time to time definitely paid off, I'm glad I could get it even without outbreaks

I have cleared the massive mass outbreak's related quest line
Oh dear Cyllenne ... If only you know what your descendant's intention with all that turned out to be ...
i43w1nG.jpg
Small gameplay tidbit: Idk if this is patched in post-release, but NPCs react to not only the playable character, but also the party mons. If you throw one in front of them, it will make a gesture then return to the pokeball instead of staying outside like it normally does when you throw the ball onto an open space.

I just lost out on an alpha gengar cause it was level 73 and my team was full of low level scrubs I was working on dex research for 😑

Resetting for same mass outbreak has been patched out today. RIP shiny hunting, it was good while it lasted.
What does this mean exactly? The outbreaks go away when you reload your save?

Also... I have a question about Distortions -- I was under the impression that there is a 100% chance of them appearing after you spend 40 mins on a map, but last night I was waiting in the Mirelands for one to show up and I probably spent like 2 hours there without a distortion appearing. Did the update change something about how this works, or is it possible to reset the timer somehow?

Quoted by: Leo
What does this mean exactly? The outbreaks go away when you reload your save?

Also... I have a question about Distortions -- I was under the impression that there is a 100% chance of them appearing after you spend 40 mins on a map, but last night I was waiting in the Mirelands for one to show up and I probably spent like 2 hours there without a distortion appearing. Did the update change something about how this works, or is it possible to reset the timer somehow?

Yeah, after the updated if you reset and go back to the village to refresh your outbreak, it won't show up again, meaning it's impossible to farm a specific outbreak now, you only get one chance. It's still possible to farm outbreaks as they will keep appearing if you keep going back and forth from the village, but the outbreaks will be for random pokemon, you can't reset for a specific one anymore.

A time distortion is guaranteed after 40min but keep in mind that 1- that timer pauses whenever you get into a battle, cutscenes or menu and 2- if you rest passing time the timer will reset. You can only rest "for a little while", otherwise the timer resets.

Last edited:
Yeah, after the if you reset and go back to the village to refresh your outbreak, it won't show up again, meaning it's impossible to farm a specific outbreak now, you only get one chance. It's still possible to farm outbreaks as they will keep appearing if you keep going back and forth from the village, but the out reals will be for random pokemon, you can't reset for a specific one anymore.
interesting... that's a weird thing to patch out but oh well.

A time distortion is guaranteed after 40min but keep in mind that 1- that timer pauses whenever you get into a battle, cutscenes or menu and 2- if you rest passing time the timer will reset. You can only rest "for a little while", otherwise the timer resets.
well that would explain it. I definitely changed the time of day a few times.

the last five distortions that have spawned i didnt get a pop up notifying me they were there. i just saw them on the map. thats so frustrating. one of them i missed, because i got the pop up text saying the distortion faded. another i got to right before it faded. its frustrating

Huh can we override a friendship Eeveelution? I was walking with two Eevees, my idea was to evolve one into Umbreon and another into Espeon, but both turned evolveable during the day

I'll level up the other Eevee again, during the night, to try to override it to an Umbreon 🤔

Huh can we override a friendship Eeveelution? I was walking with two Eevees, my idea was to evolve one into Umbreon and another into Espeon, but both turned evolveable during the day

I'll level up the other one again, during the night, to try to override it to an Umbreon 🤔
The time of the day dictates what they evolve into, ALSO, make sure they don't know any fairy type moves, otherwise they will both turn into Sylveon.

The time of the day dictates what they evolve into, ALSO, make sure they don't know any fairy type moves, otherwise they will both turn into Sylveon.
lol that happened to me last night. i was going for espeon. went to hit "evolve" but stopped and thought I should save first in case the time of day wasn't right. evolved it and it turned into sylveon lol. luckily i just reloaded my save and got rid of the fairy move.

Seems whoever appears in the photo studio to take photos with is a crapshoot, which is a shame. I wanted to pick whoever I wanted. Unless that's another feature I haven't unlocked yet.

Man these paths of solitude are tough, gotta get specific builds and high levels to win

Was hoping to roll credits tonight because I thought I was getting near the end but nooooope

This shit just keeps on going! And these people JUST. KEEP. TALKING.

Hey everyone. I'm looking for thoughts on whether I should keep going after hitting credits but still need to complete the pokedex. Is completing it and fighting I assume Arceus worth it? Will I be missing out on something big? I overall really liked my time with the game but I want to move on to other games, and just don't have the time (and want) to go through the rest of the dex. Thanks

Hey everyone. I'm looking for thoughts on whether I should keep going after hitting credits but still need to complete the pokedex. Is completing it and fighting I assume Arceus worth it? Will I be missing out on something big? I overall really liked my time with the game but I want to move on to other games, and just don't have the time (and want) to go through the rest of the dex. Thanks
I'd say that it's worth it to go after all of the Plates post credits.

I'm gonna go for the complete dex for sure. I'm pretty sure I'm gonna go for level 10 research on the whole dex too, not for shiny hunting but just for completion's sake. Maybe a living dex also. This game freaking rules. Elden Ring is gonna have to wait, because I don't feel like I'm anywhere close to being done with Arceus.

Hitting the final scene on the new Daybreak questline was enough for me. Funny, even in a game where the main goal is Pokedex completion, I still can't be bothered to do it. :LOL:
Finished with just under 50 hours, which is quite respectable. Maybe I'll return to it one day before Scarlet & Violet release.

I'm almost 100 hours in and still haven't quite finished the Dex (Thundurus is a massive pain in the arse to catch - Cresselia glitch also stopped my progress for three weeks) but I'm still shocked by how much I loved this. I can see myself just cruising around Hisui once I've finished all the content just for the sake of it, which hasn't happened since B2W2 for me in a Pokemon game.

Quick request, could someone who has completed the pokedex (And has all the pokemon available) be able to trade me for the remainder of what I'm missing?

Steelix, Bonsly, Spiritomb, Rotom, Cleffa, Weavile, Cranidos and Rhampardos is what I'm missing.

Edit: All I'm missing is Crandios if anybody has?

Last edited:
Ok I’m pretty sure my game is glitched. It doesn’t notify me when distortions are forming anymore. I have to get lucky and see it on the map or off in the distance.

Edit: so I guess it isn’t glitched, I’m probably just dumb and don’t notice the pop-ups telling me one is forming. In my defense, that text is super small and easy to miss.

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom