• Hey everyone, staff have documented a list of banned content and subject matter that we feel are not consistent with site values, and don't make sense to host discussion of on Famiboards. This list (and the relevant reasoning per item) is viewable here.
  • Furukawa Speaks! We discuss the announcement of the Nintendo Switch Successor and our June Direct Predictions on the new episode of the Famiboards Discussion Club! Check it out here!

StarTopic Pokémon Legends: Arceus |ST| Breath of the Wild Area

Who did you choose to be your partner Pokemon?

• Total voters
Shiny rates are crazy in this with the shiny charm+outbreaks. I found a shiny Buizel and Happiny in different outbreaks within about 20 minutes of each other.

I found two shiny Kricketunes in one single outbreak with no shiny charm. Of course I don't care about Kricketunes and was just passing by. When I was actively farming a Magikarp outbreak half an hour later, got no shiny at all in three hours 🙃

The game doesn't make a big deal about it, but I also like when I find an unusually small pokemon. Who doesn't love a micro rapidash or mini ursaring.

Quoted by: Leo
The game doesn't make a big deal about it, but I also like when I find an unusually small pokemon. Who doesn't love a micro rapidash or mini ursaring.

Yeah, I wish the game had markers for unusual sized Pokémon like Let's Go had ("it's tiny" or "it's huge"). I can't tell just from the height (and it's a hassle to go check it anyway) unless I have two of them out to compare.

after twelve hours i finally progressed to the second area, with a fourth star ranking. its amazing how much there is to do in just the first area of the game!

d7dc0b0104e72e036fae6da93c30282017c6ab07.jpg

Finally got to fight and capture God. It was tiring.
Now, the only thing left to do is to complete enough research tasks to hit 10 stars.

Speaking of Shiny Pokemon, when I was on my way to a Space-Time Distortion, I caught a shiny Drifblim!

Then I turned around and immediately found another shiny Drifblim, which I also captured. So I just have two of them chilling out together.

This game has given me ridiculous shiny luck and I don't even have the Shiny Charm yet! Caught a shiny Graveler not too long before that, too.

I found two shiny Kricketunes in one single outbreak with no shiny charm. Of course I don't care about Kricketunes and was just passing by. When I was actively farming a Magikarp outbreak half an hour later, got no shiny at all in three hours 🙃

That's a bummer lol.

I ended up finding 5 overall yesterday in about 2, maybe 2 and a half hours of play (Buizel, Happiny, Goomy, Whiscash, and an alpha Tentacool).

How long does it take for people to find shinies? I found a shiny Drifloon after 10 hours of playing and found my other 2 after respectively 34 and 36 hours of playtime

Really depends on your luck and what you're doing to increase your odds. I found a shiny Luxio really early, maybe 5 hours in, while walking around. Haven't found any other like that since (I'm about 35h now).

When I unlocked outbreaks, I started farming for shinies and got 4 more so far (two in one same outbreak). Sometimes it takes hours to farm in an outbreak, sometimes you get it really fast. I don't think it's feasible to look for non-outbreak shinies but people are doing it anyway. If you do that, you should perfect that pokémon's entry since that will make your odds increase to ~1/1000.

How long does it take for people to find shinies? I found a shiny Drifloon after 10 hours of playing and found my other 2 after respectively 34 and 36 hours of playtime
Found 4 shinies within the first 10 hours. Currently have 12 shines now. Saw 13 but couldn't catch it because I was mobbed by 3 other Pokemon and almost got wiped out so I ran and it despawned.

First shiny I found was a Zubat, and it was the very first Zubat I encountered, so maybe 2-3 hours into the game. I found a shiny Buizel later on. I'd guess it was maybe 12-15 hours in.

Look what popped up on my Release Radar on Spotify. I can't say I agree with where they took it, but anyone who said that track wasn't iconic can take a seat now lol.

Is there any easy consistent way to find Eevee? I still need two more of them for Flareon and Umbreon and it's a pain in the ass going to Obsidian Fieldlands, going to Horseshoe Plains and hoping I find one, and if I don't, go back, rest, try it again.

Is there any easy consistent way to find Eevee? I still need two more of them for Flareon and Umbreon and it's a pain in the ass going to Obsidian Fieldlands, going to Horseshoe Plains and hoping I find one, and if I don't, go back, rest, try it again.
Eevee are found in all Space-Time Rifts. Depending on the area you can get different Eeveelutions too.

Multiple of them showed up in every distortion for me so far.

All shinies I've found so far (outside the Ponyta sidequest) has been in outbreaks.

Look what popped up on my Release Radar on Spotify. I can't say I agree with where they took it, but anyone who said that track wasn't iconic can take a seat now lol.

I was one of those people, but I'm already sitting down cause it grew on me. :)

Uh, are you catching/fainting any of the Pokémon that would normally be in the Eevee spawn area before you rest? If you don't then the same Pokémon will just respawn when you go back.

Uh, are you catching/fainting any of the Pokémon that would normally be in the Eevee spawn area before you rest? If you don't then the same Pokémon will just respawn when you go back.
I had thought that resting as long as you change the time of day reset the spawns.

Regardless I'm probably going to go the method of farming the distortions like others suggested.

I might actually get all pokedex entries to lvl 10 before I reach the 10 star ranking at this rate

I had thought that resting as long as you change the time of day reset the spawns.

Regardless I'm probably going to go the method of farming the distortions like others suggested.

I don't think so, but I'm not 100% sure. I know when I was hunting Eevee that sometimes if I fainted/captured all the Bidoof in the area and only rested until a little later in the same day then when I went back to the area nothing spawned at all. This was two weeks ago though so my memory of it may be incorrect. Fainting/capturing is the best surefire way to ensure new spawns though.

Hopefully you have better luck than me with distortions, because I'm pretty sure only four distortions spawned for me in my 30 hour playthrough. 😅 Unless there's a way to make them spawn that I don't know about.

How do you catch the Goodra? I tried to battle an alpha version, got the meter down to red, threw a bunch of Ultra Balls, but nothing was enough to catch it.
I snuck up on it, fed it a Razz Berry, and threw a Gigaton Ball at it while it was distracted.

Basically my go-to method of catching Alphas, only fight when that fails

I'm gonna be honest but catching Landorus and them is annoying lol. The camera makes it more difficult and annoying than it should be.

Last edited:
I yeeted Weirdeer off a cliff on my way to a distortion which caused my first blackout 😑

Talking about silly damage scenarios.
Try to fly up with Braviary right after hitting a shaking ore or tree with a partner mon.

I’ve now caught five shinies, including 3 in two days!

Does the rate just seem higher purely because you can see them on the map, where as previously, you had to initiate the battle with them in previous games?

Does the shiny jingle play when you are in the air with Bravery?

Does the rate just seem higher purely because you can see them on the map, where as previously, you had to initiate the battle with them in previous games?
I think this is definitely the case. Compare walking around in this game for 15 min to walking around in tall grass in mainline Pokémon and I think you'll be shocked by the difference. I think it'd be like 4x as much easily

How do you catch the Goodra? I tried to battle an alpha version, got the meter down to red, threw a bunch of Ultra Balls, but nothing was enough to catch it.

If you are doing the battling method to capture, a combination of 'false swipe' and a non-damaging, status move (hypnosis or stun spore) works wonders.
Unless the Pokemon does something like Double-edge when at 1hp.

I have to say, I'm finally doing the Arceus battle and this just shows that the pro controller is miles better than the joy cons.

And that's a wrap!

I'm pretty sure Arceus took me more tries than most Dark Souls bosses, wow. Though most of that is because PLA is much less tight control wise. Fun fight though, just way too hard when compared to the rest of the Nobles

Farmed a shiny Eevee yesterday and caught it around the 110 Eevees mark, then I stroller casually to a Stunky outbreak and found a shiny just chilling there.

I'm stuck in the game cause shiny hunting is addicting, I can't make progress lol

Finally got a shiny male Ralts, and in my eagerness I totally forgot that it also needs a dawn stone to evolve into Gallade and not just be male.

Punching the air.

Back
Top Bottom