• Hey everyone, staff have documented a list of banned content and subject matter that we feel are not consistent with site values, and don't make sense to host discussion of on Famiboards. This list (and the relevant reasoning per item) is viewable here.
  • Do you have audio editing experience and want to help out with the Famiboards Discussion Club Podcast? If so, we're looking for help and would love to have you on the team! Just let us know in the Podcast Thread if you are interested!

Spoiler Pokémon Legends Arceus Leaks/Spoilers Discussion Thread

Which starter will you choose?

• Rowlet

Votes: 35 34.0%
  • Cyndaquil

Votes: 49 47.6%
  • Oshawott

Votes: 19 18.4%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
From what I've seen they're all sold at the MP shop which you get access to pretty much at the start of the game, you just have to collect a bunch of people's dropped items
That would be great, let's just hope it's not like the BP in diamond and pearl remakes that would take an eternity to farm

Last edited:
I just cannot compute that there isn’t a new Arceus form. The fact no one has reached it in game yet makes me hopeful it just hasn’t leaked through the Pokédex for some reason, maybe it’s not playable or something.

honestly this game is what Monster Hunter Worlds wanted to be. better soundtrack than botw too

I just cannot compute that there isn’t a new Arceus form. The fact no one has reached it in game yet makes me hopeful it just hasn’t leaked through the Pokédex for some reason, maybe it’s not playable or something.
any other form of arceus is not perceptible

Was gonna say something about this too.

It seems like nobody has actually gotten Arceus yet because Gamefreak is making you work hard for it this time lol

It would have appeared in the datamine. In SwSh, you could never actually use the Eternamax form of Eternatus but it was still found in the datamine

Some of the stuff that aDrive said on his latest Arceus video makes me even more excited for this game. This next work week is gonna feel like a million years

Once you play the game you realize it's not necessary. Maybe they can put out a Stadium 3 that's a more featured Showdown to please that crowd?

That makes zero sense but I'll leave to your opinion amigo.

Let me know what you think once you play

I... would actually welcome this idea?

They already separated pokemon storage and the GTS into Pokemon Home, which frees them from having to implement specific solutions per game and generation. Why not actually separate the competitive aspect of Pokemon into a separate app they can update and run regardless of everything else?

It would free them from this weird scenario right now where the single player adventure aspect needs to be balanced with how they implement the competitive side of Pokemon at different levels. And I mean, we've already seen some stuff like that! Let's Go (and apparently Arceus too?) used completely different stats to what the "standard" pokemon games use, them being reset when put into ShSw. Why not expand on that concept, keep the adventurey part separate from the competitive one, and be able to fully develop both?

They already separated pokemon storage and the GTS into Pokemon Home, which frees them from having to implement specific solutions per game and generation. Why not actually separate the competitive aspect of Pokemon into a separate app they can update and run regardless of everything else?

It would free them from this weird scenario right now where the single player adventure aspect needs to be balanced with how they implement the competitive side of Pokemon at different levels. And I mean, we've already seen some stuff like that! Let's Go (and apparently Arceus too?) used completely different stats to what the "standard" pokemon games use, them being reset when put into ShSw. Why not expand on that concept, keep the adventurey part separate from the competitive one, and be able to fully develop both?
This would be a pretty neat idea, honestly. It allows Pokemon to really grow as a single player adventure while keeping the competitive aspect that people really love. It makes it far easier to develop a single player challenge when you aren't worried about balancing everything

Like one of the main things for me is expanding the battle system so that it works as a fun single player system. I know people praise Pokemon's combat a lot but I feel like that only really applies to the competitive scene, while the singleplayer experience is just really lackluster. And they can't really make it more meaningful in the same system (which could be done in a straightforward manner by just increasing the difficulty) without alienating a lot of their potential audience.

I'd also add that right now that balancing job is so difficult that the competitive community tends to just cut out entire gameplay features anyway. Plus if we got a Stadium 3 it could have minigames

Someone finally got to Arceus(need to complete the dex beforehand) you fight him and then you get to catch him. The legend plate basically makes judgement always super effective and changes arceus' type to the type of judgement(ex. Use Judgment on Kadabra it becomes dark type and then arceus becomes dark type as well

I'd also add that right now that balancing job is so difficult that the competitive community tends to just cut out entire gameplay features anyway. Plus if we got a Stadium 3 it could have minigames
Yeah it's definitely an interesting idea that would keep the competitive more stable. I'm not actually convinced this is something Gamefreak wants - see for instance how many times they've changed the ruleset for SwSh - but I'm sure they could make it work.

I was also wondering yesterday how PvP battles would actually work if they keep the new battle system, as having trainers able to freely move during battle and having the same trainer potentially move multiples turns in a row would make online battling a lot more difficult to implement IMO. Having a dedicated game for the online battles could make that a little easier tbh

This would be a pretty neat idea, honestly. It allows Pokemon to really grow as a single player adventure while keeping the competitive aspect that people really love. It makes it far easier to develop a single player challenge when you aren't worried about balancing everything

Like one of the main things for me is expanding the battle system so that it works as a fun single player system. I know people praise Pokemon's combat a lot but I feel like that only really applies to the competitive scene, while the singleplayer experience is just really lackluster. And they can't really make it more meaningful in the same system (which could be done in a straightforward manner by just increasing the difficulty) without alienating a lot of their potential audience.

I mean we're already sort of seeing it. Let's Go was way more polished than ShSw was, limited scope and all. Arceus is looking like it's gonna be also way more polished. Both games just abandoned any pretense of being competitive friendly.

I automatically agree with the idea of more Stadium-like minigames. Brock speaks the truth.

If I get a Pokemon Showdown-esque standalone game on the Switch itself I'd be more open to that yes, I'd be down for that. But just removing it without getting a substitute is no bueno.

I wouldn’t like that. The best part of current competitive is the ability to really use the Pokémon you caught and trained in the singleplayer. I don’t wanna separate the two things into different games

I wouldn’t like that. The best part of current competitive is the ability to really use the Pokémon you caught and trained in the singleplayer. I don’t wanna separate the two things into different games
That would obviously still be a feature. It was a big part of both Stadiums, and it was much harder technologically back then

I do think this is an extremely unlikely scenario, though. The online mechanics are a big part of the series' popularity, and siphoning them off to a single side game would likely lose them a lot of sales

Cyndaquil ahead in the poll. Actually surprised. But a welcome one! :D

I thought the other ones would be more popular.

Someone finally got to Arceus(need to complete the dex beforehand) you fight him and then you get to catch him. The legend plate basically makes judgement always super effective and changes arceus' type to the type of judgement(ex. Use Judgment on Kadabra it becomes dark type and then arceus becomes dark type as well

Some YouTuber made a review of the game and said you don't even need pokemon to beat arceus

Some YouTuber made a review of the game and said you don't even need pokemon to beat arceus
You don't need Pokemon to beat any of the Nobles, so that checks out.

Bit disappointing, they should've made it mandatory to have at least one standard battle during a Noble fight

If I get a Pokemon Showdown-esque standalone game on the Switch itself I'd be more open to that yes, I'd be down for that. But just removing it without getting a substitute is no bueno.

I don't think anyone was asking for that.

You can in fact still do that. Just, across two games.

You don't need Pokemon to beat any of the Nobles, so that checks out.

Bit disappointing, they should've made it mandatory to have at least one standard battle during a Noble fight

You don't need swords or pants to beat Ganon on BoTW. Does that make it a worse game? No.

In fact I sort of am amazed at these news, game looking way more freeform than I expected.

I don't think anyone was asking for that.

You can in fact still do that. Just, across two games.

You don't need swords or pants to beat Ganon on BoTW. Does that make it a worse game? No.

In fact I sort of am amazed at these news, game looking way more freeform than I expected.
I didn't say it was a negative

Fair enough, and there's still the fact that you have a really tough standard battle before that

I just feel that as the climax of the game, it would've been nice for you to have to use both the main combat systems. It's not a huge deal, and I think the Noble gameplay actually looks pretty fun, but I do think it's a missed opportunity.

So what’s with this trend of people happily mentioning pirating games without any backlash just because it’s pre-release between this and Dread? Specifically speaking towards that YouTube review that went up, gloating about not having paid a cent. Tacky and shitty.

So what’s with this trend of people happily mentioning pirating games without any backlash just because it’s pre-release between this and Dread? Specifically speaking towards that YouTube review that went up, gloating about not having paid a cent. Tacky and shitty.
Piracy is becoming very common on Switch unfortunately, and some people have no shame. That said, in the case of PLA, I suspect that all of these leakers and streamers showing the game off early to a wide audience may be a net positive since it’s essentially advertising.

Piracy is becoming very common on Switch unfortunately, and some people have no shame. That said, in the case of PLA, I suspect that all of these leakers and streamers showing the game off early to a wide audience may be a net positive since it’s essentially advertising.
That reminds me, I have a day one switch that I should probably get to selling

theft is cool because people are tired of capitalism

you can beat the game before it comes out

Another win for game preservation. Game is preserved even before it has a chance to not be readily available at stores.

All the leaked gameplay convinced me to get it. I understand why they didn’t promote it since only a fraction cares about it.

1598483-1642916613_1.gif

Still undecided if I'll be buying and playing at release. I am torn on what starter to pick. I wanted to pick Oshawott for some kind of balance in my head after picking Grookey and Chimchar, and I wanted to try H-Arcanine and H-Liligant, but H-Samurott is definitely the least inspired starter form to me so far. Gravitating a bit more to Cyndaquil.

Some of the stuff that aDrive said on his latest Arceus video makes me even more excited for this game. This next work week is gonna feel like a million years

Don't know the guy, checked out a couple of his videos, he seems really happy with the game.

I would have never thought this game would be interesting to me, but here we are

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom