• Hey everyone, staff have documented a list of banned content and subject matter that we feel are not consistent with site values, and don't make sense to host discussion of on Famiboards. This list (and the relevant reasoning per item) is viewable here.
  • Do you have audio editing experience and want to help out with the Famiboards Discussion Club Podcast? If so, we're looking for help and would love to have you on the team! Just let us know in the Podcast Thread if you are interested!

Spoiler Pokémon Legends Arceus Leaks/Spoilers Discussion Thread

Which starter will you choose?

• Rowlet

Votes: 35 34.0%
  • Cyndaquil

Votes: 49 47.6%
  • Oshawott

Votes: 19 18.4%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
I got my copy early and I'm 10 hours into it.

In my opinion this is easily the best Pokémon game ever made. The gameplay loop is super addictive.

I hope it sells millions so we get more Pokémon games like it.
I’d love to hear more of your impressions. Do you feel that the overall loop gets repetitive? Is it still fun to catch the same Pokémon for the tenth time?

I got my copy early and I'm 10 hours into it.

In my opinion this is easily the best Pokémon game ever made. The gameplay loop is super addictive.

I hope it sells millions so we get more Pokémon games like it.
I really think this game is gonna be awesome. I cannot wait to play this next week, but will need to do it during the daytime before my job. I work from home, so I could possibly play it and work at the same time... lol

I really think this game is gonna be awesome. I cannot wait to play this next week, but will need to do it during the daytime before my job. I work from home, so I could possibly play it and work at the same time... lol

Remember, you're maximizing production by engaging in independent research during the workday.

I’d love to hear more of your impressions. Do you feel that the overall loop gets repetitive? Is it still fun to catch the same Pokémon for the tenth time?
I wouldn't say it necessarily fun but it happens so fast and you're usually doing it while on the way to some bigger goal. The game rarely stops and tells you just to grind so as long as you're not sprinting to the next goal things stay fresh.

My biggest issue is deciding which Pokémon to bring with me and level up because I'm not that familiar with Pokémon strengths and weaknesses. The story is always changing so it hasn't gotten repetitive yet it's kind of like doing the main quest in Skyrim. Then you also have a bunch of side quests too that are optional.

My biggest issue is deciding which Pokémon to bring with me and level up because I'm not that familiar with Pokémon strengths and weaknesses.
I am not either to this day at all. I am bad at remembering this kind of thing.

I was answering your question. That's why there is a trend
Oh, well yeah that’s always been the case with anything pre-release. My question was why there has been such a spike in it lately which @Jbone916 kindly explained was a reflection of easy access to piracy on the system (and I’d add emulation). Plus, I’d add it’s a reflection of how little they revealed this game and how hungry everyone is for info (and likewise how long-awaited Dread was).

All the leaked gameplay convinced me to get it. I understand why they didn’t promote it since only a fraction cares about it.
Hmm? I think they didn’t promote it because it could have impacted Diamond and Pearl remake sales, I imagine they have a long promotion plan in mind for this game throughout the year with potential for post launch support… it’ll have legs for sure if impressions so far are accurate!

There are emulator pics around, and It's wild how upping the resolution changes this game presentation. It's so light on what it shows and texture quality that the current IQ drags it down. Like 50% of what makes it look good is the skybox given how prominent it is with neutral camera but with the rest sharpened it's pretty pleasing.

I just cannot compute that there isn’t a new Arceus form. The fact no one has reached it in game yet makes me hopeful it just hasn’t leaked through the Pokédex for some reason, maybe it’s not playable or something.
It's not impossible that one will be added later as part of a DLC quest or something.

Feels like this is the most leaked pokemon game in recent memory. We have people legit livestreaming on YouTube before street date. 🤣

There must be people at Nintendo noticing the positive effect the leaks are having and are purposely not going as hard as they could to stop it.

I'm sorry but that hisuian Dialga just instantly reminds me of this gif and I can't take it seriously

hZicZFT.jpg

w5itibL.jpg

I think the forms actually look pretty solid, especially moving around in game and in 2d art, its just that the intial leaks were super unflattering

Yeah Palkia looks cool, but I don’t understand Dialga at all. Maybe the game will contextualize it or something lol idk
Its super obvious when you look at it in game from the side that its an Arceus imitation, the body structure of Dialga from the neck down is literally Arceus, the neck cannon does look a bit odd, but overall it looks solid

Its super obvious when you look at it in game from the side that its an Arceus imitation, the body structure of Dialga from the neck down is literally Arceus, the neck cannon does look a bit odd, but overall it looks solid
Well it still doesn’t explain why they would design it that way lol, it doesn’t look… let’s say polished? From the perspective of being a Pokémon created by Arceus, it’s very rough looking compared to the very symmetrical and dignified look of the original design. Not sure if I’m getting my point across

Well it still doesn’t explain why they would design it that way lol, it doesn’t look… let’s say polished? From the perspective of being a Pokémon created by Arceus, it’s very rough looking compared to the very symmetrical and dignified look of the original design. Not sure if I’m getting my point across
I think the lore of the new forms is not that they were designed by Arceus, but that they absorbed its power and tried to imitate it. Hence why it doesn't look as immaculately designed as the initial forms

With how well this is being recieved by fans... I fear what would happen if Gen 9 is revealed and is a step back to Sword and Shield style.

I'm convinced it won't be. I really think the point of this game was for them to try all of these advancements without the pressure of making 100ish new Pokemons at the same time. Plus less pressure to include as many trainer battles. They could use this as a test-bed before going full blast with Gen 9.

But also, this is Game Freak and they've done some weird shit before.

With how well this is being recieved by fans... I fear what would happen if Gen 9 is revealed and is a step back to Sword and Shield style.

I'm convinced it won't be. I really think the point of this game was for them to try all of these advancements without the pressure of making 100ish new Pokemons at the same time. Plus less pressure to include as many trainer battles. They could use this as a test-bed before going full blast with Gen 9.

But also, this is Game Freak and they've done some weird shit before.
I wouldn't even blame them if Gen 9 is more traditional. Pokémon fans are extremely conservative and don't like change in the games, so while I'm sure they were hoping that Legends would be well-received (and that certainly looks to be the case), they wouldn't want to put all their eggs in one new basket

But regardless of what Gen 9 looks like, I do think a lot of the changes in Legends will return in the future, even if not immediately

The funniest thing about the game so far for me has to be that Arceus, creator and god of the Pokemon universe, communicates with you via texting

What suprise me is that the game seems very packed with content ? Sword and Shield was lacking end game content in comparison but here even without the future DLC there's a lot to do.

Another thing I wanted to mention. The world is in such a bad place right now. I'm so glad this game exists so it can bring me a few moments of piece and happiness during a stressful time.

I'm a couple of hours in and it's just the best. They've improved so so much. The battles feel so dynamic and smooth, exploring is fun, the catching and cataloguing is really good and the story is well put together so far too. It's like they've finally listened to 10+ years of feedback

9y1a7takzid81.jpg

Dialga has a unique animation for Roar of Time in its origin form, it looks pretty sick

At this point, I feel like literally everyone but me has a copy of this game
It just feels that way because pirates are particularly vocal this time around, in reality its probably a couple thousand people that are pirating the game early(and a couple with legitimate early copies)

It just feels that way because pirates are particularly vocal this time around, in reality its probably a couple thousand people that are pirating the game early(and a couple with legitimate early copies)
Gonna be a pretty regular thing now that Switch isn't just easy to put homebrew on, but there are also multiple functional emulators. I remember things being similar with Dread which was the last major Nintendo release.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom