• Hey everyone, staff have documented a list of banned content and subject matter that we feel are not consistent with site values, and don't make sense to host discussion of on Famiboards. This list (and the relevant reasoning per item) is viewable here.
  • Do you have audio editing experience and want to help out with the Famiboards Discussion Club Podcast? If so, we're looking for help and would love to have you on the team! Just let us know in the Podcast Thread if you are interested!

Discussion One Piece |ST| Over One Thousand Pieces (unmarked spoilers upon official chapter release)

For what it's worth, a good chunk of Oda's regular breaks were mandated by editorial so he doesn't work himself to death. It's nice that he takes some off-time by his own volition for once.

It's a far cry from the man who literally wanted to work from his hospital bed when he went in for an operation a decade ago. Editors had to force him to stop. Even with his more frequent month long breaks recently, it was almost always to work on something else. Glad he's finally taking some time for himself.

Jump in general is much better with scheduling nowadays. Other big series like Jujutsu Kaisen and My Hero Academia have a similar break schedule to One Piece. Though it's probably still not enough - Horikoshi constantly sounds like he's dying. But at least there's been huge progress made on this front

Hey I am always up for people taking breaks for their health, and we all know manga artists need the break.
Oda's official message on his break:

GJKc_nWXcAA6V0n
Also it's interesting to note that this translation misses something major. When he is saying "what is One Piece" the actual translation is "more importantly it's about time I start figuring out what the ONE PIECE actually is! This going to keep me quite busy, I'll have you know. <---(sounds severe but NBD)"
That wording is very interesting. So it sounds like part of his break is to start doing some stuff for the finale, which makes sense. Definitely want to try your best to nail it

more importantly it's about time I start figuring out what the ONE PIECE actually is!
Definitely sounds like Oda is gearing up for the endgame, which is mindboggling! But it makes sense given how the story has developed so far.

Jump in general is much better with scheduling nowadays. Other big series like Jujutsu Kaisen and My Hero Academia have a similar break schedule to One Piece. Though it's probably still not enough - Horikoshi constantly sounds like he's dying. But at least there's been huge progress made on this front

I think we also talked about this before. I don't think people would mind if authors released 2-3 chapters a month. Try publishing more series so there's always something to read every week. No idea if the math would permit that, but it would be nice.

Lucci immediately knew what was going on and trying to save Kaku was kinda wholesome in a way I didn't expect from him.

Also Zoro fans must be in shambles considering how that ended.

Actually, when he roared in the air, kinda reminded me of Luffy roaring before doing his Jet Gatling, but instead of the power of friendship, Lucci was charged by the power of murder.

Wrapping up Zou arc in my reread, I still feel like Zunesha is one of the coolest concepts Oda ever implemented into One Piece:

GJd7IaKboAA2S-v

GJd7IaHagAAqPP4

I was completely wrong about One Pace versions of Arabasta being done this year. For some reason they're releasing Skypiea and Water 7 despite still missing ~6 eps of Arabasta.
Quoting myself from last year because they finally finished Water Seven and released the first episode of Arabasta in a while. 5 Arabasta eps left, after that they got a big chunk of Skypiea to do: 34 episodes cut into ~15.

edit: welp, apparently it was an April Fool's "joke" 😭

Last edited:

Surprised no one posted the April Fools vid of Jacob. He's a treasure and hey

We seem to have a hint of Little Garden.

Last edited:
RTTP, but I finally saw FILM Red for the first time. And yeah, I was not expecting a semi-musical rock opera.

I love it so much. And Uta has gotta be my favorite film antagonist aside from Z.

Just a little over 30 chapters until I'm caught up on my OP reread. Didn't think I'd manage to be done with it before the hiatus ended but I'll be finished this weekend for sure. Egghead is a really fun arc to read in bulk, probably the best paced OP arc of the timeskip.

An additional showrunner? Why?

For what it's worth, those are some pretty good shows he's been involved in. At least the two I have seen (Series of unfortunate events and Clarence). And there's been a lot of positive buzz around the new Percy Jackson show too.

Finished my reread about a week ago and now we're back from the 3 week hiatus!

Hopefully the timer wraps up soon

So... Vegapunk has to have some sort of contingency plan in case someone tries to prevent the broadcast from airing... right?

Also of course the Giants have fermented shark as proviant :LOL:

Man, what a chapter. Everyone trying to help out Robin is awesome and bring a smile to my face.

Also just saw this tweet

Everything is coming together!!!

iu

A post on the other site pointed this out, but I can't believe it was never noticed. The Celestial Dragons aren't wearing space suits, they're diving suits. (Either in preparation for the sinking world or from a previous sinking we don't know about yet.)

But they've likely long forgotten the meaning behind their suits so they still wear them for their pretentious egos.

There's also been numerous hints pointing to the rising sea levels, some of the most dramatic being the worsening Aqua Lagunas at Water Seven, and a huge chunk of Wano Kingdom submerged. And to think Vegapunk has just gotten started on his spiel.
Old Wano's only submerged because the walls around it trapped rainwater. Iceburg though, now there's a big brain forward thinker

I have no idea about other countries and since when it actually has been there but I just stumbled upon the Monsters oneshot on Netflix?
image.png

There's also been numerous hints pointing to the rising sea levels, some of the most dramatic being the worsening Aqua Lagunas at Water Seven, and a huge chunk of Wano Kingdom submerged. And to think Vegapunk has just gotten started on his spiel.
Don't forget Arabasta hinted at this all the way back, The sea has been slowly overtaking the freshwater river.

Back
Top Bottom