• Hey everyone, staff have documented a list of banned content and subject matter that we feel are not consistent with site values, and don't make sense to host discussion of on Famiboards. This list (and the relevant reasoning per item) is viewable here.

News Officially from Nintendo: Annoucement of next console this FY, Direct In June (no Switch 2 at direct)

We finally in official next gen mode

Imagine, we finally might see what Tokyo EPD is working on

Their tweet is misleading and is causing people to jump to a false conclusion. They didn't say "could be translated as quarter", they definitely said "it says quarter". This is how false narratives can spread like wildfire.

And that's why i used "technically wasn't wrong", and not "wasn't wrong". ;]

I edited the post, thanks to everyone that pointed out that it was indeed "fiscal year", sorry for jumping the gun, my bad

I edited the post, thanks to everyone that pointed out that it was indeed "fiscal year", sorry for jumping the gun, my bad
it's ok - not your fault at all. It's good that people are excited about it - but I think we just wanna be super clear so there isn't a wrong conclusion being jumped to at least on Famiboards haha

Funny, I'm not excited for this upcoming Direct now. I've been all in "Switch 2 waiting mode".

I'm guessing Switch 2 reveal in september then. This was probably the safest way to announce it while having "control", instead of waiting until investors keep bringing it up. I wonder if they will manage to avoid leaks of the hardware in the meantime, assuming production will be starting by then.
I am very excited. If the last few games of the Nintendo Switch will be bangers like the once on the 3DS then I will be very hype. Especially if the successor will be backward compatible.

I am willing a Fire Emblem remake in existence. Shadows of Valentia was amazing.

A show of the hardware and its gimmick, with a game or two in October, a blowout in January and then a launch in April/May is my guess. Leaning towards April so they can get the system out before next Golden Week

You mean based on your interpretation of Furukawa's words, huh?
I'm just reading the title.

"announcement of next console this FY"

Announcement doesn't mean release. Based on that I think it's safer to assume the console is April 2025 or later rather than earlier. Could I be wrong? I hope so. But I'm not getting my hopes up.

I'm just reading the title.

"announcement of next console this FY"

Announcement doesn't mean release. Based on that I think it's safer to assume the console is April 2025 or later rather than earlier. Could I be wrong? I hope so. But I'm not getting my hopes up.

No, you're interpretating those words. Just reading them is being informed of a planned announcement withing this FY.

Anything else is interpretation.

Just like my line of thought is interpretation:
That they're repeating the Switch 1 pre-launch cycle. Soft announcement / acknowledgement during investors stuff, full reveal / announcement in fall, launch info event in Jan 2025, launch March 2025.

I think it's more a case that Nintendo haven't quite pinned down when the new console is going to release yet so they are hedging their bets. It may launch by 31 March 2025, it may come a few months later, but they're clearly still not quite sure internally when their hardware, software and production plans will all be ready to commit.

I do feel confident that by this time next year, the Switch 2 will be in our hands or a couple months away from being purchasable.

With their hardware and net sales forecasts down by a fair bit for FY2025, I'm thinking the Succ might not make the cut for this fiscal year. At the very tail end of it at the earliest, just like Switch.
Could 13,5 M forecast mean 3-4 millions for the Succ and the other 10 for the Switch?

Having announced the Succ around october for a march 25 launch should compromise the sales for the remainder of the FY.

Now that I know it's real, I'm going into hibernation until leakers get full specs. See you in a few months!

Shota Nakama Is famous in Brazil because of his name (don't ask me why LMAO)

He's a really fun guy

Shota Nakama sounds like "vagina in the bed" in Brazilian portuguese. It's important to clarify it's not about other possible implications of his name.

Okay, Switch 2 exists, what a surprise.

Reveal when exactly?

September or October. Leaned to October first, but after reading a post that September, prior to TGS, might make sense to allow the devs and pubs to talk about their projects then, i'm leaning to that now.

The one caveat I will add to this discussion is that Nintendo are going to have to be very careful when they announce the new console if they still wish to sell 13.5 million Switch's this financial year, not to mention the software they have lined up for it. One of my reservations in the whole 'Is Prime 4 a Switch 1 only game or cross gen' debate was that Nintendo revealing their successor console a couple of months before the launch of a game like Prime 4 would absolutely suck the hype away and negatively impact its sales as a result.

For those reasons I can't see Nintendo revealing Switch 2 officially much before November. They're going to want to maximise Switch 1 sales and software as much as possible and doing an all singing, all dancing reveal in September/October time absolutely would sabotage those sales. People would immediately start saving for the new console instead.

looking forward to people tying themselves into new and interesting knots hyping themselves up for Switch 2 at the june direct

Four pages in and I'm the first to post this gif. Shame on you, Fami.

giphy.gif

It's very nice to have an early announcement about a June direct. We haven't really gotten that kind of communication ahead of June in the absence of E3.

And Nintendo has acknowledged the switch successor... Fuckin finally

Everything is possible, but I'm pretty sure they've never released a console/handheld without it being in the FY guidance of that year, so April 2025 at the earliest.

In fact, given that they don't expect Switch 1 sales to fall off a cliff, it's likely considerably far away from the 2024 holiday period, so more likely fall 2025.

I'm very disappoint. My launch Switch battery is dead and so is the lineup.

Last edited:
I wonder if there’ll be any cross-gen announcements at this Direct. I think now is the time we could see games with a vague “2025” date which could be also coming to the next Switch.

Feel like I drank two coffees at once reading this. Project cafe 2?

Seriously though June is going to be a banger with MP4 and this fall will most likely have fresh Switch 2 reveal meat to gobble on. What a time to be a Nintendo fan!

Metroid Prime 4 carrying the rest of the year on its back as the main game sounds like a great time.

And of course, definitely expecting a September showcase for the successor~!

I forgot June was next month. This year is just flying by, Switch II will be here before we know it.

Back
Top Bottom