• Hey everyone, staff have documented a list of banned content and subject matter that we feel are not consistent with site values, and don't make sense to host discussion of on Famiboards. This list (and the relevant reasoning per item) is viewable here.

News Officially from Nintendo: Annoucement of next console this FY, Direct In June (no Switch 2 at direct)

YEAH LET'S GET IT ON NOW

cr1tikal-penguinz0.gif

An announcement this fiscal year but no commitment to releasing this fiscal year. Interesting. Could be they're keeping details close to their chest. Could be that they're unsure when it'll launch or they know it won't release this fiscal year. I won't read into it either way.

However, the more surprising thing to me is that Nintendo announced their next Direct so early. It's been a while since I think they did that. (Back when E3 was happening, I think?)

It's been so long but we've made it at last
A brand new Nintendo console reveal this financial year, I can't wait!

it lives

- Switch “2” planned to be officially announced during Fiscal Year 2025 (April 1, 2024 through March 31, 2025)

-June (not-E3) Direct announced detailing 2nd Half 2024 Software for the Nintendo Switch (no news regarding Switch “2” will be shown)

Last edited:
Holy shit it’s really happening! After all this time!

We’re finally getting a Nintendo Direct! Our prayers have been answered!

Oh yeah and Switch successor news this year too I guess.

Noooo!!! It wasn't supposed to go like this!!! It is way too soon. Nintendo should simply have refused to acknowledge the successor, now people will have less to doompost about. What about MY entertainment Nintendo?!

But maybe they'll just announce that they will have nothing to announce yet, yes... That must be it! A sound strategy!

With their hardware and net sales forecasts down by a fair bit for FY2025, I'm thinking the Succ might not make the cut for this fiscal year. At the very tail end of it at the earliest, just like Switch.

Can't believe they announced it on X, the website formally known as Twitter. Shocking.

Nintendo just shot themselves in the foot. I don't know how much the rest of you know about Japanese culture (I'm an expert), but honor and shame are huge parts of it. It's not like it is in America where you can become successful by being an asshole. If you screw someone over in Japan, you bring shame to yourself, and the only way to get rid of that shame is repentance.
What this means is the japanese public, after hearing about this via X the website formerly known as Twitter, is not going to want to purchase Switch 2 or the other system, nor will they purchase any of Nintendo's games. This is HUGE. You can laugh all you want, but Nintendo has alienated an entire market with this move.
Nintendo, publicly apologize and announced Switch 2 at Spaceworld or you can kiss your business goodbye.

Meaningless inside baseball obviously, but I find it interesting that this English version is posted from the NCL account, with not a word on the official NoA channels. Info so locked down that NoA comms wasn't given a heads-up at all?

Guess they'll show it in the fall. Curious what they got in the chamber for H2 software-wise.
Same. Their forecast for Switch sales don't show a large drop compared to this last year, which had some really strong software. Plus, they'll talk about the successor this fiscal year, which will probably slow down sales as well. So, I'm very curious what their games and strategy will be, since those hardware numbers seem ambitious to me in light of all that.

Is something big coming? Could we finally see price drops?

Meaningless inside baseball obviously, but I find it interesting that this English version is posted from the NCL account, with not a word on the official NoA channels. Info so locked down that NoA comms wasn't given a heads-up at all?
It is for investors, as a heads up they have potential for growth.

Posting it on NOA means entire different style of communication and announcement is needed. Does your 12 year old who does not read gaming sites, and follows NOA twitter for the latest Mario news need to know this info yet?

If this has been done in the past though, happy to be proven wrong!

In all fairness, it’s also midnight right now in the West Coast lol

I mean it's midnight there lol

It is for investors, as a heads up they have potential for growth.

Posting it on NOA means entire different style of communication and announcement is needed. Does your 12 year old who does not read gaming sites, and wants the latest Mario news need to know this info yet?

In all fairness, it’s also midnight right now in the West Coast lol

I mean it's midnight there lol

It's been common in the past for the NoA channels to match news at the same time from the late night investor meetings if it's major.

This is the first example that comes to mind since it was also about an upcoming secretive console; when Zelda was announced to be delayed for NX cross-platform release:

Back
Top Bottom