• Hey everyone, staff have documented a list of banned content and subject matter that we feel are not consistent with site values, and don't make sense to host discussion of on Famiboards. This list (and the relevant reasoning per item) is viewable here.

StarTopic Nintendo General Discussion Thread | ST22 July 2023 | PIKMINVASION

Status
Not open for further replies.
I went to New York for the first time a couple weeks ago. It was great! I obviously went to the Nintendo Store as well, which was really fun

Is there some alternative way of opening up the NSO menu for creating restore points and such when playing N64 games? For whatever reason, Nintendo decided not to include the ‘plus’ & ‘minus’ buttons on the N64 controller so I can’t figure out how to open it up without going back and forth between the main menu and app and changing controllers.

Is there some alternative way of opening up the NSO menu for creating restore points and such when playing N64 games? For whatever reason, Nintendo decided not to include the ‘plus’ & ‘minus’ buttons on the N64 controller so I can’t figure out how to open it up without going back and forth between the main menu and app and changing controllers.
You're gonna feel silly, but that tiny ZR button beside the charging port is what pulls up the restore point menu 😅

I was thinking about the Game Pass Core announcement and I realized that Nintendo of all companies probably has the easiest to understand pricing tier. It's NSO or NSO + Expansion Pass. Expansion is in the name. Meanwhile you have Game Pass Core (with online), Game Pass Console (with no online), Game Pass PC, and Game Pass Ultimate (with online). I still can't tell you which tier of PS+ is which off the top of my head.

I was thinking about the Game Pass Core announcement and I realized that Nintendo of all companies probably has the easiest to understand pricing tier. It's NSO or NSO + Expansion Pass. Expansion is in the name. Meanwhile you have Game Pass Core (with online), Game Pass Console (with no online), Game Pass PC, and Game Pass Ultimate (with online). I still can't tell you which tier of PS+ is which off the top of my head.
Oh yeah, with XBLG being killed off, I guess that means the Gold --> Ultimate conversion is dead? Or is there still time until Sept 14?

If only IMAX Sydney finished renovating. I would have loved to watch Oppenheimer on the biggest screen in the world.
1KyjCHT.webp

After the June whirlwind it feels like we've really hit the summer doldrums now (at least news-wise). Not that there's anything wrong with that, and we have lots of games to play now, but I've already got that itch for September news, TGS, and everything.

Odds on either a Pokemon show or an Indie World anytime soon? Or is it likely nothing until the September Direct?

After the June whirlwind it feels like we've really hit the summer doldrums now (at least news-wise). Not that there's anything wrong with that, and we have lots of games to play now, but I've already got that itch for September news, TGS, and everything.

Odds on either a Pokemon show or an Indie World anytime soon? Or is it likely nothing until the September Direct?

I think they usually have an indie show in August. I don't think there is anything Pokemon soon since they showed some stuff in the Direct.

ope

well uh, i may make sweeping generalizations and make true yet unfair points but I uh

…promise i don’t think your wife’s life is mid?

as much as i can not knowing a person

besides, the suburbs gave us lots of things! like defunded public schools and bad bad ska!

how deep shall i dig this hole…
Much love, Sus. You’re good! The suburbs are a dumb hole and I its dumb occupant. I am worthy of some ridicule.

Much love, Sus. You’re good! The suburbs are a dumb hole and I its dumb occupant. I am worthy of some ridicule.
hey, the suburbs can happen to anyone…

not me though, i’m immune

I wanna get an Analogue Pocket but from what I've heard shipping costs to the UK are killer and apparently, you might have to pay a customs fee as well. Shipping also seems like it's super slow. It looks so cool though 😩

I wanna get an Analogue Pocket but from what I've heard shipping costs to the UK are killer and apparently, you might have to pay a customs fee as well. Shipping also seems like it's super slow. It looks so cool though 😩
Has the supply situation improved at all? Last time I checked it was like "pre-order now and you'll get it sometime in 2023, maybe, if you're lucky*"

Has the supply situation improved at all? Last time I checked it was like "pre-order now and you'll get it sometime in 2023, maybe, if you're lucky*"
Doesn't seem like it, the website still lists it as shipping sometime in 2023, and from reading around online people are even saying that if you haven't ordered one yet then you probably won't be getting it this year.

ope

well uh, i may make sweeping generalizations and make true yet unfair points but I uh

…promise i don’t think your wife’s life is mid?

as much as i can not knowing a person

besides, the suburbs gave us lots of things! like defunded public schools and bad bad ska!

how deep shall i dig this hole…
If you're ever stuck in a hole and need a diversion, just ask me to bring up my opinion of The Killers, ended up a 3-5 page derailment in the old place 😆

I can't stop thinking about Zelda, even though it's been several day since I beat it. I've been trying to fill the void with Fire Emblem Three Hopes and The Great Ace Attorney and while they are fun, they don't scratch the itch to explore. There is still a bunch of sidequests I can still do in TotK but I'm trying to hold off so I can enjoy it later. We're not getting a brand new 3D Zelda for a while so it's better to spread out the game time.

I went to New York for the first time a couple weeks ago. It was great! I obviously went to the Nintendo Store as well, which was really fun
Pretty cool :D

When I visited the city, I was just happy to see that the many hours of movies and shows that featured it was accurate and cool

Ugh well I just took a 4 hr nap. Seems I got the drowsiness side effect of the meds even if I didn’t realize it. Sigh I hate naps.

I wanna make a thread with a poll "Which of these is the best platformer?" and then just not list any platformers.

What I want the most is being able to bring your spouse with you to Ginger Island, so you can spend multiple days there without having to worry about hearts dropping.

Might have to get Octopath II while it’s on sale. Still need to do a full playthrough of the first one though.

Ah summer in New England: when the local weebs can go outside and pretend they're either in Animal Crossing or their favorite anime

Still figuring out if I should go watch Oppenheimer or Barbie first or both at the same time.
I saw it suggested that one should go with friends, watch Oppenheimer first, followed by a good meal/drinks to discuss and digest that weighty movie, then watch Barbie to cheer everyone up.

I saw it suggested that one should go with friends, watch Oppenheimer first, followed by a good meal/drinks to discuss and digest that weighty movie, then watch Barbie to cheer everyone up.
That sounds like a good plan. Though I feel like I either have Barbie only or Oppenheimer only friends.

I heard that this is fake news spread by Ken so that Barbie comes with him to a party
The only party he's doing is a one-on-one fashion show ;)

(I still can't believe this song was originally written by Randy "You've Got A Friend In Me" Newman)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom