• Hey everyone, staff have documented a list of banned content and subject matter that we feel are not consistent with site values, and don't make sense to host discussion of on Famiboards. This list (and the relevant reasoning per item) is viewable here.
  • Do you have audio editing experience and want to help out with the Famiboards Discussion Club Podcast? If so, we're looking for help and would love to have you on the team! Just let us know in the Podcast Thread if you are interested!

StarTopic Nintendo General Discussion Thread |ST11 Aug 2022| Everybody's 11-12 Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ugh

Optometrist put something in my eye and I can't see.

I'm typing all this from muscle memory.

How did you get here
How did any of us get here?

lx5V3fu.png

Strange.

Every time I drink a glass of water, it gets better.

I guess whatever liquid they put in my eye gets washed out.

Yeah, but you can cheese some hits with the good old Super Bomberman technique of having a couple of invincibility frames when you respawn after death, blowing up bombs right where you are without getting hurt, and placing another one close enough to keep a chain reaction going while you move around tracking the boss... though you need to make sure to stop when your i-frames are running out or get out the way just before the last explosion!

It helps in this game that most of the boss arenas doesn't have walls or obstacles and you're not restricted to grid movement
Indeed, I have cheesed most boss battles using things like that.

I've been trying to search for people that do No Death runs of the harder worlds and I can't find any. Not surprising though, those levels with respawning enemies get rough.

Hi everyone, I'm new here and wanted to introduce myself - I'm Kit from Kit & Krysta and previously Nintendo Minute. A few people suggested I sign up here so looking forward to some fun conversations with all of you!
hi kit! welcome to famiboards.

Hi everyone, I'm new here and wanted to introduce myself - I'm Kit from Kit & Krysta and previously Nintendo Minute. A few people suggested I sign up here so looking forward to some fun conversations with all of you!
Welcome! This is the thread where we mostly talk about anything and everything except Nintendo (with a bit of Nintendo sprinkled in).

But we like to be a warm and friendly place and dole out life advice and such in here.

Oh dang, we got some star power here! Just a few more famous faces and we can finally organize our celebrity cage wrestling tournament for charity 😋 Welcome Kit! Hope you find yourself right at home!

Oh God, I could use more "exploration games."

Spirittea and Tchia look great. Slime Rancher 2 also looks nice.

Welcome, Kit! Glad you're joining us!

Why hello and welcome and enjoy the fun and chaos

The Great Ace attorney has to be one of the best examples of a series keeping its artstyle despite going 3D
Greetings

The Great Ace attorney has to be one of the best examples of a series keeping its artstyle despite going 3D
I do want the series to make full transition to 3D. Worked very well for AI Somnium Files. Instead of interacting with still photo, I want the investigation segments of AA to be more like somnium parts of AI. Full 3D control of the character. Date - AIBA duo is not better than Nick - Maya pairup anyway.

Update on the LEGO NES:

20220811-161009.jpg

So far, my favorite parts to build were the inner spring mechanism that accepts the Mario cartridge, the 1-2 cameo built inside of the system, and the controller. Looking forward to building the TV!

Also, welcome to the Fami, @kitosan!

everyone act normal now

welcome, kit!
ah shit ah gah ah oh um

mario

Update on the LEGO NES:

20220811-161009.jpg

So far, my favorite parts to build were the inner spring mechanism that accepts the Mario cartridge, the 1-2 cameo built inside of the system, and the controller. Looking forward to building the TV!
I definitely should've bought this before the price hike but it was already way outside of my price range

Thinking I might restart my character as a French goth lady in Saints Row IV before the new one comes out

Update on the LEGO NES:

20220811-161009.jpg

Also, welcome to the Fami, @kitosan!
That little homage to 1-2 is so well done and truly made me appreciate the little details those engineers at LEGO come up with.

Although, damn them for getting me hooked on these adult sets because why am I considering the Titanic LEGO model that's some absurd number of pieces with a comma and over $800. That's gonna be more expensive than my phone when I upgrade and replace it

That little homage to 1-2 is so well done and truly made me appreciate the little details those engineers at LEGO come up with.

Although, damn them for getting me hooked on these adult sets because why am I considering the Titanic LEGO model that's some absurd number of pieces with a comma and over $800. That's gonna be more expensive than my phone when I upgrade and replace it
For sure, what attention to detail! That was how I felt when I was building the Question Block, every fine detail captured at even a micro scale!

I'm sticking to just the Nintendo sets. I can't justify anything else to myself right now, don't have the time, space, OR cash. That new roller coaster set looked really cool, though. And the Optimus Prime, not even a Transformers fan but that was a really cool build...the Atari looks fun too...dang it, this is how they get people.

Not that I expect it to happen because it'd be completely ridiculous but there's now an infinitesimal possibility that, if he browsed far back enough in this forum's history, Kit Friggin Ellis could see a picture of my dog and that is wild.

I may be embarrassed now, but boy am I glad that a famous Nintendo employee didn't stumble into ResetEra when I was like 19

if Bill Trinen ever read any of my Era posts I would leave the internet forever

I do want the series to make full transition to 3D. Worked very well for AI Somnium Files. Instead of interacting with still photo, I want the investigation segments of AA to be more like somnium parts of AI. Full 3D control of the character. Date - AIBA duo is not better than Nick - Maya pairup anyway.
they already did free roam investigation phase in the Investigations sub-series

I may be embarrassed now, but boy am I glad that a famous Nintendo employee didn't stumble into ResetEra when I was like 19

if Bill Trinen ever read any of my Era posts I would leave the internet forever
Wasn't it some old forum lore that one of the long-time Direct Speculation community members on Era actually was Bill?
I don't wanna say the username because they're here too and I dunno if it was a lighthearted running gag or something else

So for my game I'm kinda trying to subvert tropes, like overly so, almost to the point of absurdity/irony. Which involves finding tons and tons of tropes.

I have a witch tower with bubbling cauldrons, brooms, book shelves, and candy. What other tropes are witches associated with? Warts?

@kitosan so I only have enough time to watch one show during my lunch right now and I'm really sorry dude but Neil Patrick Harris just did an episode of Hot Ones

Welcome. It's mostly inside jokes and food talk here; basically everything but games!

Funfact: Yoko Shimomura once had to refuse a job to compose for a game because the unnamed developer asked her to "not go as hard". Reportedly, according to sources close to her, she replied "It’s literally physically impossible for me to go less hard than this" and wheelie’d out of the office on her motorcycle.

So for my game I'm kinda trying to subvert tropes, like overly so, almost to the point of absurdity/irony. Which involves finding tons and tons of tropes.

I have a witch tower with bubbling cauldrons, brooms, book shelves, and candy. What other tropes are witches associated with? Warts?
Huh Guh

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom