• Hey everyone, staff have documented a list of banned content and subject matter that we feel are not consistent with site values, and don't make sense to host discussion of on Famiboards. This list (and the relevant reasoning per item) is viewable here.
  • Do you have audio editing experience and want to help out with the Famiboards Discussion Club Podcast? If so, we're looking for help and would love to have you on the team! Just let us know in the Podcast Thread if you are interested!

StarTopic Nintendo General Discussion Thread |ST11 Aug 2022| Everybody's 11-12 Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
weren't we expecting kirby tomorrow from a listing / the NYC Event? Or did that get updated to next week somehow
That’s not inherently an NSO announcement. Also it could totally be announced the same day, the NSO n64 announcements have been low key ones

People have way too much time on their hands I swear to god lol. I just got a request from someone on instagram, I open it and it's some dude threatening to beat my ass for "insulting his sister in law". Like I don't know anyone with a brother in law, and I haven't been shit talking anyone. I asked them who I was shit talking and they refused to tell me. They're not followed by anyone I know either. People are weird.

People have way too much time on their hands I swear to god lol. I just got a request from someone on instagram, I open it and it's some dude threatening to beat my ass for "insulting his sister in law". Like I don't know anyone with a brother in law, and I haven't been shit talking anyone. I asked them who I was shit talking and they refused to tell me. They're not followed by anyone I know either. People are weird.
Hidden content is only available for registered users. Sharing it outside of Famiboards is subject to moderation.

I’ve been playing Super Bomberman R and the story mode is pretty damn tough. Some of the regular bomber boss battles are hard as hell.

New 3DS battery arrived.

Now I can continue my BoxBoy and Kirby playthroughs without fear of the console exploding in my hands.

Might even play Soul Hackers so I can play the sequel.

I have no idea how I’m meant to safely dispose of this swollen battery though.

Last edited:
Sounds like a scam lol

Watched a few Cult of the Lamb reviews. I was hoping it'd be good and, well, it looks like it is.

Think I wouldn't mind subjecting a few woodland creatures to my ideological oppression...

Me, alone in the office because everyone else is on holiday, "playing" Fire Emblem Heroes with auto combat and skipping every dialogue just to stockpile Platinum Points for NSO Switch icons while thinking about going home in 8 hours to play Xenoblade 3.

Living the good life.

I hadn't really followed the Netflix games initiative, and turns out they has some great games on mobile. Into the Breach (which I've played a lot of on Switch), Before Your Eyes and Poinpy at least.

Probably not worth getting a subscription just for the games, but if you have a Netflix subscription anyway, I recommend checking these out.

I hadn't really followed the Netflix games initiative, and turns out they has some great games on mobile. Into the Breach (which I've played a lot of on Switch), Before Your Eyes and Poinpy at least.

Probably not worth getting a subscription just for the games, but if you have a Netflix subscription anyway, I recommend checking these out.
Yes, their catalog is pretty neat ! It's a shame no one is playing these games, and I hope no studio will be closed due to the failure of the initiative

The Kirby concert reminding everyone how incredible the theme of Forgotten Land is

6dbfrty96zg91.jpg

End of the year packed

Waifublade Floppicles 3
Spladoomed 3
Midonetta 3
Pokémon shit and piss

💦💦💦
And don't forget, coming in Spring 2023 - The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild DLC Pack 3: Skyward Sword.

* Hidden text: cannot be quoted. *
fuck dude, that’s awful shit. I know how some of that feels and it’s no fucking good.

all I can say is that time does keep moving, and you have it in you to branch out from where you are. it’s a frustrating road, but a worthwhile one, and you don’t need to force it. focus on you, give things time, and if a bunch of months go by suckin’ the same kind of ass, make a change — even a small one, like routinely going somewhere you don’t normally go — just to see what fuckin’ happens

it’s a hard time to be alive. but that’s been true before. believe in who you are, even if embracing that is on ice.

and… this is controversial advice and a last resort, but…

Hidden content is only available for registered users. Sharing it outside of Famiboards is subject to moderation.

Last edited:
In some ways, the Wii U was a sort of prototype for the Switch.
in some ways, the internet was sort of a prototype for Famiboards

but yeah no Wiuiui was definitely a switchstep

I loved my 2017 Wii U and the Switch is definitely a refinement of that direction

it’s extremely funny to me when I see adamant statements about hating the Wii U and loving the Switch in the same breath

not that there’s not an extreme functional difference and the game library is leagues different (though there are games I love still alone in Wii U land) but it’s like

my bud it is the path

In some ways, the Wii U was a sort of prototype for the Switch.
Wii U feels like they wanted to replicate the success of DS dual-screen gameplay, with off TV-play being a bonus feature that directly contradicted that. I've always been iffy on the idea that it was a Switch prototype.

That Nintendo gigaleak from a while back did reveal that they were proposing a Switch like device in the GameCube days. I really want to see the timeline where this happened.

I’ve been playing Super Bomberman R and the story mode is pretty damn tough. Some of the regular bomber boss battles are hard as hell.
Yeah, but you can cheese some hits with the good old Super Bomberman technique of having a couple of invincibility frames when you respawn after death, blowing up bombs right where you are without getting hurt, and placing another one close enough to keep a chain reaction going while you move around tracking the boss... though you need to make sure to stop when your i-frames are running out or get out the way just before the last explosion!

It helps in this game that most of the boss arenas doesn't have walls or obstacles and you're not restricted to grid movement

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom