• Hey everyone, staff have documented a list of banned content and subject matter that we feel are not consistent with site values, and don't make sense to host discussion of on Famiboards. This list (and the relevant reasoning per item) is viewable here.

StarTopic Nintendo General Discussion Thread |ST11 Aug 2022| Everybody's 11-12 Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Switch 2 can’t come soon enough.

I’ve shrugged off these complaints in the past but after getting used to PS5 games on a 4K OLED, swapping over to Xenoblade DE is rough.

We’re in desperate need of a resolution bump.

Side note jumping straight into Future Connected 11 years after playing the game on Wii is a weird experience. On one hand it expects that I know the basics and only teaches me the new stuff, but on the other hand I… kinda am still familiar with the basics.

I've got three different 2HR+ music compilations saved to a playlist on YouTube for reading, but I always go back to the same one...
"Chill Out Jazz Hiphop & Smooth Jazz Mix - Relaxing Cafe Music For Work, Study, Sleep"

I’ve shrugged off these complaints in the past but after getting used to PS5 games on a 4K OLED, swapping over to Xenoblade DE is rough.

Side note jumping straight into Future Connected 11 years after playing the game on Wii is a weird experience. On one hand it expects that I know the basics and only teaches me the new stuff, but on the other hand I… kinda am still familiar with the basics.
Should I upgrade my TV?

Mine is, I think, from 2015.

Should I upgrade my TV?

Mine is, I think, from 2015.
If you have the money to splurge the LG C line of OLEDs are the best around and an easy 10 year investment.

I have the CX, I think the C2 would be out by now? Might be able to get a cheaper C1.

So how close is it to copyright infringement if I name my bear and bird "Mandolin Clarinettie" and record myself doing a "guh-huh" or two for when he gets hit?

One of my favorite perks of being a Nintendo-only gamer—stuff like this can’t bother me! =p

…Unless it’s trying to play games on older Nintendo systems after newer ones have come out, lol. I didn’t play much of the late 3DS games after the Switch came out ‘cause it was so hard for me to go back to 3DS after the Switch, even despite me loving its autostereoscopic 3D. ._.

Finished the Destiny 2 season pass with just a little under two weeks to go. Fucking finally. Now I can ignore this game until the next big expansion. Not buying into the seasonal hype again. Just watch the story on Youtube.

So he seriously stole documents relating to nuclear weapons? That's like, the single dumbest thing he could've done which is saying something considering who we're talking about.

Oh hey yay this got confirmed for crunchy, hope it gets a dub, gonna be a lot of fun, high up my list next season ( @Hero since I recommended this to you)

Last edited:
Finished the Destiny 2 season pass with just a little under two weeks to go. Fucking finally. Now I can ignore this game until the next big expansion. Not buying into the seasonal hype again. Just watch the story on Youtube.
Destiny seasons have largely been trash IMO.

I get the most mileage out of my time investment just hopping in for each large expansion, finishing it to my satisfaction and then watching the in-between bits from MyNameIsByf.

So yeah, what you said.

Flip Wars is $9.99 (though that’s only published by Nintendo outside of Japan)
BOXBOY! + BOXGIRL! is $9.99
Part Time UFO is $8.99
Plus free stuff like Jump Rope Challenge, etc., of course.
There was also experiments in the past like Brain Age being $20 at retail and I think WarioWare Micro Party Games being $20-30, both of which were really uncommon at the time. Like the only thing that was really comparable was Katamari Damacy originally releasing for $20-30.

HBO moment

It's almost like DC is having a crisis event or something

Seriously though, I don't care about DC's stuff but screw the Discovery dude

So how close is it to copyright infringement if I name my bear and bird "Mandolin Clarinettie" and record myself doing a "guh-huh" or two for when he gets hit?
Eh. If Yooka-Laylee were able to do it you can do. Homage and parody I think are on the right side fair use.

So he seriously stole documents relating to nuclear weapons? That's like, the single dumbest thing he could've done which is saying something considering who we're talking about.
??? for fucking what? does he think he’s gonna steal ‘em? banking on selling sensitive info?? I swear to god if this walking smear somehow juggles a nuke security scramble into my apocalypse bingo, I’m gonna

who am I kidding am I even surprised

and dude’s a hell of an example of the problem but it’s not like there are many other politicians who don’t want me dead in some way, shape, or form, especially now

just with more faux incredulity and fundraising emails, or with obscene lobby budgets and literal nazis

or like y’know just beloved children’s book authors and donnie dipshits and suburban moms and “whaddabout da goodcops” clowners

so what’s even the point of being baffled, right?

sorry having a bit of a rough one

Okay okay okay okay okay.. okay...

I really have to stop capturing videos of my new creations but by golly computers make it way too easy to record stuff and it takes seconds to upload it to Youtube.

Here's the thing that will hopefully not get me sued:

Damn Youtube, you picked the perfect thumbnail too.

Absolutely accurate:
yScVib4.png

Yall ever have that momentary panic when you put a game card in your Switch, select the game on the menu, and then the Switch says "Please insert game card?" and the little game card emblem is still a hollow dotted line?

LOL man what a rush

because english is bullshit
English is fascinating precisely because its rules are so inconsistent. Beautifully chaotic language.

Flip Wars is $9.99 (though that’s only published by Nintendo outside of Japan)
BOXBOY! + BOXGIRL! is $9.99
Part Time UFO is $8.99
Plus free stuff like Jump Rope Challenge, etc., of course.
I would also count stuff like The Stretchers, Snipperclips, and Good Job.

I don’t know what this is about but I’m assuming this pertains to someone who was an American president.

I really have to stop capturing videos of my new creations but by golly computers make it way too easy to record stuff and it takes seconds to upload it to Youtube.

thank you for this beautiful pick-me-up

Me and @chocolate_supra

Actual conversation we had:

supra: i was born in a small village

merp: a small village?

supra: I was still a child when we were raided by soldiers

merp: soldiers?

supra:foreign soldiers

merp: foreign soldiers?

And so on and so forth

nonono

"Watering" is adding water to
"Milking" is drawing milk from

You did not milk the plant unless you began without milk and now have milk.
source= I'm from the country
aha, counterpoint, eyes water so watering also has a drawing from equivalent

so milking can mean both things

nailed it

nailed it
Does the song "Sins of the Father" randomly play while we're having a conversation about how mathematics are a lie?

I would also count stuff like The Stretchers, Snipperclips, and Good Job.
I was only listing Nintendo games that are under $15 on Switch, since @Suswave was surprised at Kirby’s Dream Buffet being only $14.99. There are a decent amount of $19.99–29.99 games, but fewer that are below that—but they do exist!! lol

Funfact: Yoko Shimomura once had to refuse a job to compose for a game because the unnamed developer asked her to "not go as hard". Reportedly, according to sources close to her, she replied "It’s literally physically impossible for me to go less hard than this" and wheelie’d out of the office on her motorcycle.
I can confirm this for I watched it happen from outside a window like some sicko.

Destiny seasons have largely been trash IMO.

I get the most mileage out of my time investment just hopping in for each large expansion, finishing it to my satisfaction and then watching the in-between bits from MyNameIsByf.

So yeah, what you said.

I think you get a decent amount for $10 per season. The issue is that the new stuff dries up well before you reach level 100 on the battlepass. So you're left grinding out old stuff. I usually don't buy the seasons but decided to pick up this one. I have picked up seasons that came with the expansions and those were easier to grind out because you were doing the expansion stuff at the same time.

Hey now, we all have taken things from the office before. Pens, paper, weapons of mass destructions. It's not a big deal.

Ok, seriously. What news is going to break tomorrow? This country is on a hot streak
Trump auto fails the warrant objection and we get the list. Tho what leaked today might still be redacted there’s still tons of other potential bombs in there

It is done.

20220811-235001.jpg

That was fun! Seeing it all come together was very satisfying. The mechanics of the NES and the TV are especially fun. I did get the spinning mechanism for the stage a little messed up, but once I got it fixed, I loved seeing it in motion. What a nice display piece, too.

If I have any critiques, the final TV stand feels a little flimsy, and I have to hold onto the TV to properly crank it, which is a little clumsy. I think the Question Block is the better set, but that just means these sets are getting better as they go on.

Any impressions on cult of the lamb ?
Cult of the Lamb impression so far:

I like how it feels and looks quite a lot! and so far — to my tastes, measured against my initial impressions — it feels slightly more grounded rather than laying it on too thick with the style

into it! more thoughts will follow!

MANDOLIN-CLARINETTIE 🥰

Actually yes I am known to prattle on with stream-of-consciousness conversations with myself while the people next to me in the car just sorta sit there and stare.

nailed it
How did you manage to beat my hillbilly logic?
Some sort of maple magic?

I can confirm this for I watched it happen from outside a window like some sicko.
Ha ha ha
Yes

are you a bad enough dude to steal the nuclear documents
Thank you for taking a situation that gives me anxiety and rage and turning it into a chuckle and a Steve Rogers "understood that reference" moment

I’m gonna steal the nucleration of independence

You know its one thing that Trump takes home secret and confidential records

Its very sad actually, but I can’t help but laugh in regards to “people” threatening the FBI and some guy trying to infiltrate their offices. I know the majority of people are ashamed about these things, but I just can’t fathom that these people exist.

I mean

Its insane

Its talking to a wall, but these people need to realize what they are doing. But I guess they’re too far gone

I know the majority of people are ashamed about these things, but I just can’t fathom that these people exist.
Oooooh boy do they exist. I grew up surrounded by them. "Trump 2024" stickers are slapped all over stop signs and fast food speakers and anything someone can reach from a car. I see "Let's Go Brandon" decals multiple times a day.

Sometimes it's hard for me to fathom that the other side exists, because I've spent so many years ducking and weaving around the attempts to get me to join the cult that I genuinely started thinking I was the nutty one and maybe they were right. Like, if everyone tells you you're wrong, it'd be narcissistic to think you're the only one who sees the truth, right?

Well January 6th was the switch-flip for me, because after decades of people telling me how wrong I was about everything, how I'm being brainwashed by the liberal media and liberal teachers, I finally got to watch live the very shit I've been saying for a decade that I was scared of happening. Like there it was, in plain sight. Confirming everything for me. And then when everyone around me started up with the false flag conspiracy theories, I was able to confidently know that they're the ones out of their fucking minds, not me.

So that was kinda nice.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom