• Hey everyone, staff have documented a list of banned content and subject matter that we feel are not consistent with site values, and don't make sense to host discussion of on Famiboards. This list (and the relevant reasoning per item) is viewable here.
  • Do you have audio editing experience and want to help out with the Famiboards Discussion Club Podcast? If so, we're looking for help and would love to have you on the team! Just let us know in the Podcast Thread if you are interested!

StarTopic Nintendo General Discussion Thread |ST11 Aug 2022| Everybody's 11-12 Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Fami, when do you think we're gonna see Team Asanos next entry on Switch and what franchise will it be?
Will it be DQ? If not, what else do you think? Octopath 2? Something entirely unexpected like LaL?

For reference:

2018 - Octopath Traveller
2021 - Bravely Default II
2022 - Triangle Strategy
2022 - Live A Live
202X - Dragon Quest III HD-2D
I'm actually curious about octopath 2
What are they going to do?
They can't just make the same game with 8 different heroes and call it a day so what's going to be their plan?

Because I'm exhausted and lacking motivation, I'm gonna ask you guys to pick what I should work on next for my game:

Hidden content is only available for registered users. Sharing it outside of Famiboards is subject to moderation.

More early Xenoblade 2 impressions: the Blade combo system is fun, I like having a little more control over what my teammates do than in Xenoblade 1. However, I kill most of my enemies before I can unleash the full combo...

Because I'm exhausted and lacking motivation, I'm gonna ask you guys to pick what I should work on next for my game:

* Hidden text: cannot be quoted. *
Goldmarsh Flynoceros

More early Xenoblade 2 impressions: the Blade combo system is fun, I like having a little more control over what my teammates do than in Xenoblade 1. However, I kill most of my enemies before I can unleash the full combo...
Early game enemies are generally pretty low on HP. You’ll be able to pull off multiple full combos later in the game.

Goldmarsh, just because it’s a very cool name
Thanks! I'm coming up with random ass names for all my locations so I'm glad you like that one.

I'll work on that then. It has a giant gold pyramid which temporarily houses the current king after his castle was recently destroyed by a pillar of light. So that'll be cool looking.

DQ3 and Octopath 2 seem like the most likely options to me. If I had to pick one of those I'd give it to DQ3
This is probably where I'm at. DQ3 feels like the safest bet, but who knows. No one saw LaL coming..
That leaked Final Fantasy 9 remake. But not in 2DHD, I predict something closer to Bravely Default style. To be launched fall 2023.
FF9 would be really cool for Switch to get day1 , not confident in that though if it is indeed a remake. But Square, please surprise me :p
My guess would be DQ3 is a spring 2023 game, kinda curious if Nintendo is gonna publish this game in the west. They have done that for all the HD-2D and BD2. But since DQ Treasures (a kinda smaller game) is not who knows. Maybe a Sep Direct to show more of it.

After that, the February direct might show their next project, Octopath seems the next game in line (2018-2023). Also very curious on the list SE has on possible remakes.
Can Team Asano put out 2 games a year two years in a row?
That would be almost unheard of in these days. Would love for it to happen though.

DQ3 at TGS.

Followed by OT2 and then Chrono Trigger.

Edit: This is a gut feeling but I’m expecting this to be a very good TGS for Square-Enix. They are firing on all cylinders right now and the FF anniversary is in December.

Considering how many games they are going to put out this 2nd half of 2022.. can they continue in to the next year? Would be cool.

I'm guessing that DQ III is the odds on favorite at this point.

After that, maybe Chrono Trigger?

I do have Chrono Trigger on the DS, but I never played it, because I still hope for a HD-2D remake :>

I'm actually curious about octopath 2
What are they going to do?
They can't just make the same game with 8 different heroes and call it a day so what's going to be their plan?

I dont know much about the mobile game, but I bet if they can make a mobile spinoff, a proper sequel wouldnt be too hard. I think the original was such a success it would be weird if they didnt make a sequel to it.

Part of me wonders if Octopath Traveler 2 ends up making it out ahead of Dragon Quest III. In a just world, both would be 2023 global releases...

Odd though, that the mobile OT game isn't on Switch yet. Unless the game is built in such a way (business model wise) that a standalone purchase release wouldn't work. Maybe the September Direct shadow drops the mobile game on the eShop and announces a sequel for 2023...

Again, can Asano muster 2 games 2 years in a row? Would be crazy good as an Asano fan..
Secretly hoping for the mobile game to drop on Switch as well.

I will probably keep most of my gaming on Switch due to portability and battery life..from what I can see the Deck isn't so portable. If there are games that really suck on switch and are better in PC or simply don't come to Switch then the choice is made for me.
Yeah, Deck definitely is at a point size wise where you need to put portability as a feature into quotation marks. I remember people saying the Switch was too big coming from Vita and 3DS; the Deck's like a whole 'nother category again. It's borderline for me at its size. Anything bigger and my hands would probably tire out quickly.

The battery surprisingly enough has been solid for me! It obviously heavily depends on any given game, but some stuff that's also on Switch (like Octopath, MH Rise e.g.) last 4+ hours on the Deck as well, which is good, I'd say. And games like Dead Cells can even go up to over 6.5h, so very comparable to Switch, too.
MH World, Tales of Arise, and others pulling/needing ~12W+ from the processor alone obviously drain the thing in 2-3 hours, more akin to the OG Switch V1 and games like BotW or Xeno 2.

So far performance in almost all Switch games (that are also on Steam) has still been good enough for me, so that I don't really mind buying on Switch instead. There are exceptions, of course, like for me with MH Stories 2.

I’d say Resident Evil Revelations 1 and 2, both have fantastic raid modes, and the Zombie Army series is basically those raid modes fledged out into their own game.

Haven’t tried it on Switch but Dying Light is another great one. First person open world parkour- and melee-focused zombie smasher.
got resi revelations on 3ds already and i don't really like double dipping. interested in dying light tho and house of the dead cuz they are on sale. what's the state of those two games rn?

You know when you randomly think of a thing and it sends you on a nostalgia spiral where you can't believe you forgot some of this stuff?
Hidden content is only available for registered users. Sharing it outside of Famiboards is subject to moderation.

That's what happened to me when I started thinking about Pokemon Colosseum and XD and got to the point where I was just so gosh darn giddy that Ludicolo's dance is synced to Miror B's theme

Can Team Asano put out 2 games a year two years in a row?
That would be almost unheard of in these days. Would love for it to happen though.

Again, can Asano muster 2 games 2 years in a row? Would be crazy good as an Asano fan..
Secretly hoping for the mobile game to drop on Switch as well.
So technically yes. The reason being, while its called Team Asano their structure is a bit similar to how Nintendo operates (I can see why they work so well together). Meaning that their team is focus on ideas, concepts and execution but they use outside studios to help with development, producers in a sense.

For example Octopath was developed by Acquire. BD2 was developed by Claytechworks,. Triangle Strategy had Artdink. And Live a Live had Historia.

We had 2 this year in TS and Live a Live. So in theory we can get the DQ3 and another one next year. Although, given its a DQ game they might decide to just do that one next year and announce their other projects for the follow year. Since DQ sells well in japan

Just having me a listen to the Xenoblade Chronicles 3 main theme on the start screen as my wind down post accidental 4 hour session on the game. I certainly seem to be enjoying myself.

NEW WORLD EATERS CODEX AND BERSERKER MODELS HYPE

WhyhKlr.gif
Khorne approves of this heresy

My analysis is that I want this to be true

I don't have enough data to analyze any further

* Hidden text: cannot be quoted. *

Do it for the abyss

Since getting the Steam Deck, there's been one constant issue for me: choice paralysis. I just can't seem to figure out which games to get on which of the two devices. Sure, Switch exclusives on Switch, 3rd parties skipping it on Deck instead. But everything in between? Hmmmm. There are many pros and cons to both platforms, making it hard to really stick to one and making the other a standard secondary device.

I view the Steam ecosystem as much safer and better all around, so that's where Im buying my games from.

I never know when Nintendo get's stupid and does some stupid shit and since the yare a walled garden, there isn't much you can do about it.

death is hard at work
case by case and years or days it toils
on the clock but patient
silent and immersed

none could have such perfect attendance
clockwork put to shame
every pin in unknowable motion
architecture in the dark

soft shock or arcing poetry
simple gravity of days
each a work of art
sitting heavy
in the garden
of our own

it’s a cute lil necklace too! and you can upgrade it like in a zeldo

• v •
Just like in Zelda, and like in real life, I'll be scrambling to find as much as I can to fill it and discover time and time again that it's never enough.

Just like in Zelda, and like in real life, I'll be scrambling to find as much as I can to fill it and discover time and time again that it's never enough.
and, just like in real life, you’ll have to choose between spending it on health now, health later, or creating havoc for those working against you in lieu of taking care of yourself!

you’ll also have the just-like-real-life experience of being SOL until you find a rest stop with wifi and can do online banking… as your “soul wallet” only refills at save points*

*there’s autosaving for all items, Grögols, etc, but certain things can only be done / only happen at designated spots like dark souls bonfires (dunk slosh bonfarts) — plus that’s also where you “respawn” if you get dunked

and, just like in real life, you’ll have to choose between spending it on health now, health later, or creating havoc for those working against you in lieu of taking care of yourself!

you’ll also have the just-like-real-life experience of being SOL until you find a rest stop with wifi and can do online banking… as your “soul wallet” only refills at save points*

*there’s autosaving for all items, Grögols, etc, but certain things can only be done / only happen at designated spots like dark souls bonfires (dunk slosh bonfarts) — plus that’s also where you “respawn” if you get dunked
See there's the fantasy aspect. In real life there are no save points that refill my soul wallet. It just keeps draining, just keeps draining, just keeps draining draining draining 🎶

See there's the fantasy aspect. In real life there are no save points that refill my soul wallet. It just keeps draining, just keeps draining, just keeps draining draining draining 🎶
oh, don’t worry, your soul bank account can get empty too! if you’re not dunking other Grögols in morally questionable ways, you’re broke buddy!!

commentary on capitalism in a creature catching game?? ongoing implications about what you’re choosing to do as perceived progression in a game??

I’m just saying the horse incinerator might not be the most immoral thing you do in this game

Yeah, Deck definitely is at a point size wise where you need to put portability as a feature into quotation marks. I remember people saying the Switch was too big coming from Vita and 3DS; the Deck's like a whole 'nother category again. It's borderline for me at its size. Anything bigger and my hands would probably tire out quickly.

The battery surprisingly enough has been solid for me! It obviously heavily depends on any given game, but some stuff that's also on Switch (like Octopath, MH Rise e.g.) last 4+ hours on the Deck as well, which is good, I'd say. And games like Dead Cells can even go up to over 6.5h, so very comparable to Switch, too.
MH World, Tales of Arise, and others pulling/needing ~12W+ from the processor alone obviously drain the thing in 2-3 hours, more akin to the OG Switch V1 and games like BotW or Xeno 2.

So far performance in almost all Switch games (that are also on Steam) has still been good enough for me, so that I don't really mind buying on Switch instead. There are exceptions, of course, like for me with MH Stories 2.
Funny enough just tried Stray and it's running sub 30 fps on the deck...switch port when?

Also I have to play with it sitting on my table because it's too hot. What the frig dude!!!

terrible mistakes you can make in Grögol Bonanza:
  • play the game
  • use the horse incinerator
  • don’t use the horse incinerator
  • trust the feds
  • extract resources for personal gain
  • harvest the entire planet for personal gain and / or to watch the world burn
  • prevent future planet harvesting by creating bewildering new problems for an entirely different planet
  • don’t tell Mina where her not-dead dead dad is
  • let the feds shoot Gramps
  • let one or more feds become eldritch horrors
  • choose violence
  • change the world
  • destroy the only train
  • assume that the Chained One has nothing to do with car dealerships (how could it? you’ve never heard of cars! you don’t even know what they are!)
  • accept your internship offer from Prof. Milbog
  • stare too long into The Blow
  • get a Grögol to Level 100 / 100
  • go to a battle of the bands on a night when The Sucks are playing
  • stay in The Pitch for too long (irl psychic damage)
  • make Neil Young jokes about one or more sea spires
  • walk into the wall at the Cinespear while a film is playing
  • speak to Nimlok at any point in the game

terrible mistakes you can make in Grögol Bonanza:
  • play the game
  • use the horse incinerator
  • don’t use the horse incinerator
  • trust the feds
  • extract resources for personal gain
  • harvest the entire planet for personal gain and / or to watch the world burn
  • prevent future planet harvesting by creating bewildering new problems for an entirely different planet
  • don’t tell Mina where her not-dead dead dad is
  • let the feds shoot Gramps
  • let one or more feds become eldritch horrors
  • choose violence
  • change the world
  • destroy the only train
  • assume that the Chained One has nothing to do with car dealerships (how could it? you’ve never heard of cars! you don’t even know what they are!)
  • accept your internship offer from Prof. Milbog
  • stare too long into The Blow
  • get a Grögol to Level 100 / 100
  • go to a battle of the bands on a night when The Sucks are playing
  • stay in The Pitch for too long (irl psychic damage)
  • make Neil Young jokes about one or more sea spires
  • walk into the wall at the Cinespear while a film is playing
  • speak to Nimlok at any point in the game
And there's the pitch to get it into the Indie World presentation. Also a solid contender for the back-of-the-box text.

I can't wait to hear the awkward Indie World narrators burn through that list at radio-commercial-fine-print speed

Odd though, that the mobile OT game isn't on Switch yet. Unless the game is built in such a way (business model wise) that a standalone purchase release wouldn't work. Maybe the September Direct shadow drops the mobile game on the eShop and announces a sequel for 2023...
It's a gashapon like all the other S-E mobile titles so I doubt it'll land on Switch

I think Famiboards is sleeping on this cool Nintendo story so far. Apparently it’s been largely unknown for years that Super Punch Out has a two player mode where player 2 can play as the boxers by inputing a cheat code. You can even do it on the NSO version. Someone made a thread here:

And there's the pitch to get it into the Indie World presentation. Also a solid contender for the back-of-the-box text.

I can't wait to hear the awkward Indie World narrators burn through that list at radio-commercial-fine-print speed
Suswave's gonna be our newest insider when they leak the date of the next Indie World that their game appears in.

Suswave's gonna be our newest insider when they leak the date of the next Indie World that their game appears in.
I assure you that once I get that sweet sweet dev portal access I will give famiboards

𝔞𝔟𝔰𝔬𝔩𝔲𝔱𝔢𝔩𝔶 𝔫𝔬 𝔦𝔫𝔣𝔬𝔯𝔪𝔞𝔱𝔦𝔬𝔫

because no way in hell am I jeopardizing that even though y’all are great

I will, however, continue to be a menace

I think Famiboards is sleeping on this cool Nintendo story so far. Apparently it’s been largely unknown for years that Super Punch Out has a two player mode where player 2 can play as the boxers by inputing a cheat code. You can even do it on the NSO version. Someone made a thread here:

Whoooooaaaa

got resi revelations on 3ds already and i don't really like double dipping. interested in dying light tho and house of the dead cuz they are on sale. what's the state of those two games rn?
Dying Light port is apparently fantastic. House of the Dead, not so much, but gyro has been improved last I’ve heard. HotD is also a very short game, mind.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom