• Hey everyone, staff have documented a list of banned content and subject matter that we feel are not consistent with site values, and don't make sense to host discussion of on Famiboards. This list (and the relevant reasoning per item) is viewable here.
  • Furukawa Speaks! We discuss the announcement of the Nintendo Switch Successor and our June Direct Predictions on the new episode of the Famiboards Discussion Club! Check it out here!

StarTopic Nintendo General Discussion |ST9 June 2022| This is Miyamoto. Have a fun summer!

What's hype in June?

• A potential Direct

Votes: 201 59.1%
  • Summer events in general

Votes: 14 4.1%
  • Mario Strikers: Battle League

Votes: 27 7.9%
  • Fire Emblem Warriors: Three Hopes

Votes: 27 7.9%
  • Monster Hunter Rise: Sunbreak

Votes: 25 7.4%
  • Cold drinks

Votes: 32 9.4%
  • Warm smiles

Votes: 14 4.1%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles: Shredders Revenge phsyical version is up for preorders in australia at JBHIFI, EB and Mightyape.

I love it when people get so confused and angry about all the attention Nintendo gives to JRPGs because it shows how little they cared for Nintendo's handhelds. There's a reason why JRPGs get so much love and it's because us handheld folk, the ones who kept Nintendo afloat during hard times, feast on this genre like there's no tomorrow.
I love Switch precisely because it continues that legacy.

6906a79adbcf85f5dd2a13d829f9b106.jpg

I unironically love Tooth Paste Chan. Love the hair, love the outfit. She makes me think of those red white blue popsicles.

I love it when people get so confused and angry about all the attention Nintendo gives to JRPGs because it shows how little they cared for Nintendo's handhelds. There's a reason why JRPGs get so much love and it's because us handheld folk, the ones who kept Nintendo afloat during hard times, feast on this genre like there's no tomorrow.
There is a reason the RPG ST on this site is one of the most active threads on this forum. I knew how weeb we were when Bravely Default II seemed to be constantly brought-up here by folks as a great game while its been forgotten elsewhere.

There is a reason the RPG ST on this site is one of the most active threads on this forum. I knew how weeb we were when Bravely Default II seemed to be constantly brought-up here by folks as a great game while its been forgotten elsewhere.
I guess I should get in on the RPG ST as DS/3DS RPGs are constantly in my rotation. Switch too naturally.

My copy of Mario Golf World Tour arrived!

Boot it up to buy the DLC and I’m just about ready for the eShop shut down.

People want variety and diversity in the software lineup or simply more games that appeal to their personal taste. It's the same reason why alot of people complain about Geoff's faux E3 having too many shooters/sci-fi horror games for example. So a Direct dominated by one or two genres isn't going to sit well for many people since the fanbase isn't as monolithic as the internet tends to portray them as.

bah, I'm really frustrated. I didn't want to see images of the new Fire Emblem, and they just popped up on my Twitter feed =/

I liked knowing about the existence of the new game cause I was so info starved, but I'm annoyed that images of it just ended up being shown to me like that when I didn't want to see it. Oh well...

Tooth paste protects against tooth decay, plaque build up, and freshens your breath of the wild. What’s not to love?

like some kind of ludicrous filament of nigh impossible architecture??”
while I’m delirious and rambling I want you to know that the entire phrase “helpless I” back there is the combination proper noun and taco bell, no commas hidden nor implicit set loose to feast on my linguistic idiosyncrasies
I spit my taro thai tea in the face of the godhead and waterslide backwards into hell
The dialogue in Grögol Bonanza is gonna be incredible, my god

SIQMI7U.jpg

I guess “corn on the sphere” isn’t “videogame content” so have at you vulturinos

happy pride

People want variety and diversity in the software lineup or simply more games that appeal to their personal taste. It's the same reason why alot of people complain about Geoff's faux E3 having too many shooters/sci-fi horror games for example. So a Direct dominated by one or two genres isn't going to sit well for many people since the fanbase isn't as monolithic as the internet tends to portray them as.
people that complain about "too many RPGs" honestly just come across as sounding kinda childish

like look at what was actually from Nintendo in that September direct: a warriors game, advance wars, dread update, strikers, splatoon, kirby,earthbound nso, switch sports, mario kart dlc, xenoblade there's tons of diversity in that, if anything it's more dominated by Sports games than RPGs

the Square remasters aren't Nintendo, what do people even want there? Nintendo to just sit on and release 0 RPGs because another company happens to be making remasters of their old games? Nintendo to say "no thanks we don't want them"? it's just silly

Last edited:
people that complain about "too many JRPGs" honestly just come across as sounding kinda childish

like look at what was actually from Nintendo in that September direct: a warriors game, advance wars, dread update, strikers, splatoon, kirby,earthbound nso, switch sports, mario kart dlc, xenoblade there's tons of diversity in that

the Square remasters aren't Nintendo, what do people even want there? Nintendo to just sit on and release 0 RPGs because another company happens to be making remasters of their old games? Nintendo to say "no thanks we don't want them"? it's just silly
I agree that in the end, it comes down to third parties and what they want to release on Switch. Nintendo only really has three active RPG IPs, all of them being developed externally. So while I fully understand wanting Nintendo to branch out a bit more, the content issues largely fall on third-party publishers.

I guess I should get in on the RPG ST as DS/3DS RPGs are constantly in my rotation. Switch too naturally.
Yeah come on by! It’s a fun thread!

I’m on vacation in the mountains right now and a literal fullgrown-ass moose just walked up to our cabin and started munching on a tree. We all went out on the porch to take pictures and watch and it just stared at us like “what? I’m hungry, okay?”

I know I’ve ranted about how I trust exactly zero of the protagonists in the Mario franchise before, but my burning skeleton and broken brain were left alone in the shower and now I’m positive that princess peach is one of the boys from brazil

Earthbound is a great game and all but teleport is one of the worst mechanics I've seen implemented in any game with such a mythical reputation

Earthbound is a great game and all but teleport is one of the worst mechanics I've seen implemented in any game with such a mythical reputation
I don't remember it well enough, this might only be for higher ranked versions of teleport, but you don't need a really long straight line, you can run around in a circle. Again, I could be wrong, but it's how I escaped Winters.

I don't remember it well enough, this might only be for higher ranked versions of teleport, but you don't need a really long straight line, you can run around in a circle. Again, I could be wrong, but it's how I escaped Winters.
BRUH

TIL

Game changer if that works for me. Thank you!! I also love how you could tell that was the spot I was stuck in haha

You can change direction. Getting Teleport beta makes it much easier since you spin in a circle.

You can change direction. Getting Teleport beta makes it much easier since you spin in a circle.
Awesome reassurance, thank you. How far would you say I'm into the game, percentage-wise, from your memory if I just cleared Stonehenge base and am heading for Onett library?

I somewhat rescind my statement about Teleport, then -- it's still confusing that the game only ever visually demonstrates the ability in a straight line, so you wouldn't expect to do it any other way, but I'll forgive a very old game for something like that.

I somewhat rescind my statement about Teleport, then -- it's still confusing that the game only ever visually demonstrates the ability in a straight line, so you wouldn't expect to do it any other way, but I'll forgive a very old game for something like that.
I got stuck in Winters, you got stuck in Winters, a friend of mine got stuck in Winters. Teleport simply isn't well-explained. I'm sure there's someone out there ready to break out the "asckshually," and maybe it's explained in the manual, but there's like five people out there with a complete copy of Earthbound.

I got stuck in Winters, you got stuck in Winters, a friend of mine got stuck in Winters. Teleport simply isn't well-explained. I'm sure there's someone out there ready to break out the "asckshually," and maybe it's explained in the manual, but there's like five people out there with a complete copy of Earthbound.
I never had the manual, but I figured it out right away mostly because I’m the type of player who’s always trying stuff just to see if it works. Maybe that’s why BotW and other sandbox, emergent, gameplay-driven games resonate so well with me 😅

I am now a good ways into Chapter 17 of Xenoblade Chronicles. I am currently griding around the area where that boss is inside the Heart, because I am not strong enough. Been grinding while listening to the Reggie audio book. It's been super comforting! I love this game and crazy to know I'm basically at the final stretch. I don't beat JRPGS often, and my time is somewhat limited with long games so I'm sorta proud of myself! Haha

Tested positive for Covid yesterday and I had gotten the vaccine on friday… Anti-vaxxers would love to use me as an example lol.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom