• Hey everyone, staff have documented a list of banned content and subject matter that we feel are not consistent with site values, and don't make sense to host discussion of on Famiboards. This list (and the relevant reasoning per item) is viewable here.
  • Furukawa Speaks! We discuss the announcement of the Nintendo Switch Successor and our June Direct Predictions on the new episode of the Famiboards Discussion Club! Check it out here!

StarTopic Nintendo General Discussion |ST9 June 2022| This is Miyamoto. Have a fun summer!

What's hype in June?

• A potential Direct

Votes: 201 59.1%
  • Summer events in general

Votes: 14 4.1%
  • Mario Strikers: Battle League

Votes: 27 7.9%
  • Fire Emblem Warriors: Three Hopes

Votes: 27 7.9%
  • Monster Hunter Rise: Sunbreak

Votes: 25 7.4%
  • Cold drinks

Votes: 32 9.4%
  • Warm smiles

Votes: 14 4.1%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
80d4fe619d3189387de83d3a24719475b5a58cca0514251feb118ef2b12e2e0a_1.jpg
c3ffe874188e122dba9e8bec485483d284e3e260671a8a1163c844c82254a662_1.jpg

On Thursday we are anti grind and pro vibes
It makes me happy seeing posts like this, when i feel like (almost) everybody around me is always looking for a new online (and unecessary) course or a new way of scamming money of others.

Fuck hustle culture, embrace this song (without the religious part):

I get why non-JRPG fans are a bit salty about all the JRPG stuff coming out for Switch, but they're a Japanese company that has cultivated a fanbase of JRPGs. It is what it is.

I'm just glad that Nintendo has a Western SRPG equivalent to Fire Emblem now with Mario + Rabbids. As long as they keep releasing games in that series, FE can get as many games as Nintendo wants to give it without me complaining.

I get why non-JRPG fans are a bit salty about all the JRPG stuff coming out for Switch, but they're a Japanese company that has cultivated a fanbase of JRPGs. It is what it is.

I think it's the continuation of the generation long struggle the N64/GC kids/teens are having with the fact that Nintendo is now a different company with different priorities.

You know the whole 'Switch is weak hardware' rhetoric has probably reached new levels of absurd when folks elsewhere are calling it too underpowered to run Sonic Origins.

I felt a literal pang in my head as I read that. The caffeine doesn't help.

I think it's the continuation of the generation long struggle the N64/GC kids/teens are having with the fact that Nintendo is now a different company with different priorities.
GC/GBA were full of Nintendo financed JRPGs, Nintendo has been investing heavy into RPGs always especially for their handhelds. Itโ€™s just that people have selective memory

GC/GBA were full of Nintendo financed JRPGs, Nintendo has been investing heavy into RPGs always especially for their handhelds. Itโ€™s just that people have selective memory
Yep. They sent out Dragon Warrior with Nintendo Power to try to get RPGs to catch on. Has been their MO for 30 years to get people to like RPGs and they continue to publish a lot of the third party ones it seems.

Pikmin 4 leak:

Pikmin 4 will be an Open World RPG in the style of Witcher 3 with sophisticated social interactions with new found alien life and long, complicated quest chains. Olimar will have a beard, a scar and will constantly talk to himself to clue the player in to how to progress the game.

Also you can buy different colored Pikmin in the ingame store utilizing new skills and bonuses that are more efficent then your standard Pikmin. You also have to level your Pikmin individually but you can toggle on an XP share option that will be very controversial. Or buy XP potions in said store.

Oh...I almost forgot about the skill tree that will boost certain stats like for example fire resitance +0.2% for red Pikmin.

Release Holiday 2022. Probably GOTY too.

You know the whole 'Switch is weak hardware' rhetoric has probably reached new levels of absurd when folks elsewhere are calling it too underpowered to run Sonic Origins.

Ok what

This had to be a mistake with Frontiers, right?

Edit: well I found the post in questionโ€ฆ

Last edited:
it's a pretty comprehensive turnaround from the n64 days for sure, but it's still a weird complaint. even if you took all the jrpgs off the release slate it feels like we're getting more nintendo 1st party releases more consistently than ever

This had to be a mistake with Frontiers, right?

Edit: well I found the post in questionโ€ฆ
Yeah the context of that post makes it clear they were talking about Origins. Frontiers I can understand.

Switch has been out for 5+ years already. We know its capabilities. It is more powerful than the PS3/360 with a more modern architecture that enables it to receive PS4/XBO downports. I own several impossible ports and dozens of 2D indie games to know very well that there is literally no reason to be concerned about its ability to run Genesis ports.

Misrepresenting how capable it is just comes across as shitposting.

"Switch is underpowered" has become a cute soundbyte like "because Nintendo", statements that are based in truth but when used as an answer to literally everything without context, lose meaning and make discussions annoying to participate in.

Crash 4 is amazing, I should have played this game sooner. What a huge leap from the original trilogy. I hope Toys for Bob is able to make more platformers and not just be a COD support studio.

Hi everybody how's it going? I'm sorry I keep seemingly falling off of the Earth lol What's new? Are we expecting news/direct this month? Next month? I am super out of the loop

Hi everybody how's it going? I'm sorry I keep seemingly falling off of the Earth lol What's new? Are we expecting news/direct this month? Next month? I am super out of the loop
Everyone's expecting the 29th for the Direct, with multiple big leakers and even places like IGN corroborating the story.

Whether that'll happen... well, it's Nintendo. Expect nothing lol

Iโ€™m at work and my brain is just teenage mutant ninja turtles teenage mutant ninja turtles teenage mutant ninja turtles heroes in a half shell turtle power

boss makes a dollar
i make a dime
that's why I think about teenage mutant ninja turtles teenage mutant ninja turtles teenage mutant ninja turtles
on company time

Welcome back, you've probably missed the craziest two weeks on Famiboards
Oh? Sounds intriguing, what went down? I mean, if you can update me :p

Everyone's expecting the 29th for the Direct, with multiple big leakers and even places like IGN corroborating the story.

Whether that'll happen... well, it's Nintendo. Expect nothing lol
I see, thanks for the update and yeah, after 2020 I learnt to not expect anything from Nintendo ahahha knowing them they could very well move it one day or two just to say it wasn't a real leak

Been trying to get new hearing aids (with Bluetooth!) for a while now. Apparently the insurance paperwork is finally done but the lady at the Hearing Center never answers her phone.

Crash 4 is amazing, I should have played this game sooner. What a huge leap from the original trilogy. I hope Toys for Bob is able to make more platformers and not just be a COD support studio.
Well, I hope to soon hear the news I've been waiting since Crash 4's release (before that, if I account for the rumors lol)

d599f2bd1eea6339086bc37537751b2031ba12a2.gif

It's Wumpa League; the announcement should be close...

Great to see they think of gamers with limited mobility, and honestly, face buttons for L3/R3 should be in any controller now, specially when its an important funcionality like jumping or sprinting

Really wish the ps5/Series S/X versions were ready for launch. Think the sales would have been much better had it been a next gen launch title

Really wish the ps5/Series S/X versions were ready for launch. Think the sales would have been much better had it been a next gen launch title
more importantly, a Switch version at launch would had benefit the game immensely; But Activision reports on the game wasn't bad at all (on contrary, they said both Crash 4 and Tony Hawk's were the ones that recoup loss on their last CoD underpeforming), it is possible their expectations for a $60 dollar game were way too high (N. Sane Trilogy was a huge success, but also a cheaper game to produce and only $40 at retail), but the game was far from a flop as people make out to be;

Even the less appreciated mainline Crash games haven't sold below 1 million copies, by the way (Twinsanity was the one that sold less, and still managed to go beyond that mark with bundles)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom