• Hey everyone, staff have documented a list of banned content and subject matter that we feel are not consistent with site values, and don't make sense to host discussion of on Famiboards. This list (and the relevant reasoning per item) is viewable here.
  • Furukawa Speaks! We discuss the announcement of the Nintendo Switch Successor and our June Direct Predictions on the new episode of the Famiboards Discussion Club! Check it out here!

StarTopic Nintendo General Discussion |ST9 June 2022| This is Miyamoto. Have a fun summer!

What's hype in June?

• A potential Direct

Votes: 201 59.1%
  • Summer events in general

Votes: 14 4.1%
  • Mario Strikers: Battle League

Votes: 27 7.9%
  • Fire Emblem Warriors: Three Hopes

Votes: 27 7.9%
  • Monster Hunter Rise: Sunbreak

Votes: 25 7.4%
  • Cold drinks

Votes: 32 9.4%
  • Warm smiles

Votes: 14 4.1%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
* Direct Starts *

Koizumi appears and says that they are finally ready to show QOL.

It is a product specifically made for the famiboards user lexony, against the horrible allergies he has since april and that are now at a point that he dosen't want to leave his home anymore.

Koizumi explains how important it is for lexony to leave his house, because otherwise he can't get his Switch back he lent his sister two weeks ago.
(lexony not buying games over his switch could hurt revenue of Nintendo by 0.00000001%, that's why the direct is so close to the annual shareholder meeting)

He can buy it over the Nintendo Store, but only if he is member of Switch Online + Expansion Pass + QOL for lexony Pass

Then he continues to show some games that were already announced at Summer Games Fest.

One more thing: Zelda BOTW 2 delayed - aiming to release in FY 2025.

* Thanks and Goodbye *

Last edited:
When do we expect Pokemon Snap releasing on the NSO? Feels like we should know by now if it was releasing this week but I don't know if they'd release it on the launch week of Fire Emblem Warriors. Would they miss a month and not release a game? It feels like we're over due for a Genesis update too.

* Direct Starts *

Hi I'm Katsura Hashino. Today I'm pleased to announce that we're bringing Persona 3 and Persona 4 to the Nintendo Switch via the power of the cloud. Please take a look.

* announcement trailer plays for a bit before we realize it's the original PS2 releases unretouched being emulated and w/o any of the extra content from FES/Portable or Golden, plus no mention of Persona 5 *
At least we’d get the good Chie voice

When do we expect Pokemon Snap releasing on the NSO? Feels like we should know by now if it was releasing this week but I don't know if they'd release it on the launch week of Fire Emblem Warriors. Would they miss a month and not release a game? It feels like we're over due for a Genesis update too.
I will say they never committed (as far as I remember) to “one game every month” so it could be week 1 of July, as, like you said, June is chock-full.

And yeah! My 6 Button Mega Drive pad should be here from Japan by the end of the week, and I want some FRESH Genesis games to play with it!

* Direct Starts *

Hi I'm Katsura Hashino. Today I'm pleased to announce that we're bringing Persona 3 and Persona 4 to the Nintendo Switch via the power of the cloud. Please take a look.

* announcement trailer plays for a bit before we realize it's the original PS2 releases unretouched being emulated and w/o any of the extra content from FES/Portable or Golden, plus no mention of Persona 5 *
No no, you understood it wrong, it won't be Persona Cloud Version, it will be an Online Persona Checker. The app will connect to the internet and show the question: Is Persona Playable on the switch? And the answer will always be NO.
Nagoshi will show up right after that, as a special guest and announce the Online Yakuza Checker too.

I've snitched on people before (usually friends and relatives). So I could claim to be The Snitch and I'd be technically correct.

* Direct Starts *

Hironobu Sakaguchi walks into frame
Sakaguchi: ...Chrono Trilogy

* Direct Ends *

The only threads I have on my docket in the near future are the Wimbledon thread next week on Era, the US Open thread at the end of August on Era, and the Pokemon Scarlet & Violet thread here. No STs yet.
Guess I better go back on etcetera so I can contribute to the tennis threads.

Damn ninty better get rolling with the direct cause all their shit be leaking like crazy
If it’s true that the Snitch is getting their info from unlisted YouTube vids, then it doesn’t really matter when Nintendo schedules the direct as things will leak a day or two before regardless…

Which FE3H character is the best and why is it Dedue. Discuss.
Watching a Edelgard playthrough I can see why Bernie has a fan base, she’s precious and broken. Dorothea is raw(and top on the list of Eagle characters I expect to see taking heads. In the literal sense.)

Well I should have a $50 Eshop card for whenever the direct pops up for shadow drops. Or if something interesting is in the NA Eshop sale

Which FE3H character is the best and why is it Dedue. Discuss.
Well, I'd say his loyalty is probably his most admirable quality, even though that comes with the caveat of not really pushing back against Dimitri too often, which probably isn't healthy. But that's just another interesting aspect of his character.

But really I'm mostly a sucker for the "intimidating but secretly a huge softie" archetype

Interesting. I usually think the other way around. Whenever a new game in my favourite series comes out, I think "I wonder how many fans who would have loved this died before they could get to play it?"

It's also why people being totally cool with 2 or 3 year delays rubs me a bit the wrong way. You realize a bunch of people will now never see the game that otherwise would have, right?

Of course, for game quality reasons (as well as dev health reasons) I almost always support delaying a game. But the fact remains, every long delay means a bunch of us don't make it to release date.
Your post reminded me of a Zelda fan with a CHD that had little time to live and how his brother tried to contact Nintendo to have him play BotW before release, because they didn’t know if he was gonna make it to it’s launch date.
Luckily Nintendo of America contacted them and allowed him to play an early build of the game before release. He passed away in January 2017, a few weeks before the game’s launch.

Fun Three Houses fact: it's quite easy in New Game+ to recruit every playable character except the rival lords, Hubert, Dedue, and Lorenz.

It's presumably also easy to recruit Lorenz but I don't see any reason why you'd want to do that. Unless you're playing with permanent on and want to kill him early?

In my current playthrough of Three Houses, I found it's possible for recruited members to leave and join their old house after the time skip. Fuck you Ashe, you traitor. You're lucky I spared your life and let you join me again. But then you have the audacity to want to have a support event right after the battle where you tried to kill me.

Fun Three Houses fact: it's quite easy in New Game+ to recruit every playable character except the rival lords, Hubert, Dedue, and Lorenz.

It's presumably also easy to recruit Lorenz but I don't see any reason why you'd want to do that. Unless you're playing with permanent on and want to kill him early?
I actually really like Lorenz. I have everyone recruited in my current Blue Lions NG+.

My reaction whenever I fight a student that didn't join me for whatever reason

rocky-iv-dolph-lundgren.gif

In my current playthrough of Three Houses, I found it's possible for recruited members to leave and join their old house after the time skip. Fuck you Ashe, you traitor. You're lucky I spared your life and let you join me again. But then you have the audacity to want to have a support event right after the battle where you tried to kill me.
Haha yeah I forgot about that. Good stuff
My reaction whenever I fight a student that didn't join me for whatever reason

rocky-iv-dolph-lundgren.gif
Another advantage of not recruiting Lorenz is later on you get to kill Lorenz

Haha yeah I forgot about that. Good stuff

Another advantage of not recruiting Lorenz is later on you get to kill Lorenz
I cannot believe this slander of Lorenz Hellman Gloucester, future of the Alliance

He and his haircut are very disappointed in you

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom