• Hey everyone, staff have documented a list of banned content and subject matter that we feel are not consistent with site values, and don't make sense to host discussion of on Famiboards. This list (and the relevant reasoning per item) is viewable here.
  • Furukawa Speaks! We discuss the announcement of the Nintendo Switch Successor and our June Direct Predictions on the new episode of the Famiboards Discussion Club! Check it out here!

StarTopic Nintendo General Discussion |ST9 June 2022| This is Miyamoto. Have a fun summer!

What's hype in June?

• A potential Direct

Votes: 201 59.1%
  • Summer events in general

Votes: 14 4.1%
  • Mario Strikers: Battle League

Votes: 27 7.9%
  • Fire Emblem Warriors: Three Hopes

Votes: 27 7.9%
  • Monster Hunter Rise: Sunbreak

Votes: 25 7.4%
  • Cold drinks

Votes: 32 9.4%
  • Warm smiles

Votes: 14 4.1%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Weather keeps swinging bad here. Keep going from nights in the 40’s to the 60’s and days from the 60’s to around 90

Severe thunderstorm watch woooo

(Just for y'all I looked up the conversion of 20°C to Fahrenheit and apparently it's 68 around these parts)

Look, I won't pretend to not dislike Persona but I don't feel any Schadenfreude towards the people that want the series on Switch (it still might happen, you never know).

However, you can't deny that the situation is just a little bit funny.

This was a very weird article to see pop up this morning because I can't keep up with all the things coming from Japan and indies this year. Has !E3 been that much of a let down for 2022?

I just don’t get it. I am drowning in games on PS5 and Switch.

"Watch MissingNo. complain about the heat all summer, unless on days when it does not get above 25°C where he lives" challenge.

Edit: Should say "except" instead of "unless", but my brain is already deep-fried.

Last edited:
Just received my copy of the December 2021 Edge magazine. I wonder what kind of tour it's been on for the last six months.

The nice thing about designing all my levels like grids is that it forces me to add cool secret crap to all of the spaces that don't already have anything.

Ooh! We may not get a Direct announcement this week, but it is pretty good odds we're getting Pokemon Snap 64 on Friday.

Less than enthused on getting that roadmap for more N64 titles though on Thursday, though (unless someone can offer hopium prior to the !E3 direct?)

Ooh! We may not get a Direct announcement this week, but it is pretty good odds we're getting Pokemon Snap 64 on Friday.

Less than enthused on getting that roadmap for more N64 titles though on Thursday, though (unless someone can offer hopium prior to the !E3 direct?)
Is it maybe coming this week? I haven’t heard anything about it yet. I feel like, especially with it being a Pokemon game, it’d get more than just a day or three for announce/release cycle

Of course the first digimon game I look forward to releases on the same day as Xenoblade 3. Of course. Edit: oh and a week after Live A Live

Hot day and nothing on the agenda so hoping to get some gaming and more of watching that FE3H playthrough down. Probably more Digimon cyberslueth

8 minutes on the(cross cycle) bike this morning but it’s a start at least. Plus I did my rep set too(arm curls with turns to make sure I’m not relying on momentum, T pose, side leg lifts, whatever the one when you’re flat on you back and lift your legs is, wall pushups). I raised the seat to see if maybe that’ll help. We’ll see when I do the next set. Trying to get a routine going

I imagine we’ll at least get Pokémon snap dates this week. Also the roadmap should be coming, tho yeah it could be in the direct. It’s a good chance to show off what third parties they got. And why line it up with this month if not? Could’ve done a random number of games like Japan’s or a years worth or even just the remaining first party games from VC(which is actually right around a dozen). Plus the roadmap reveal had more to come on it too so at the very least people can stop panicking about it ending out of nowhere

I made a golem made entirely of bears. I call it a bear golem.

I am not clever with names.

ScreenShot00012.png
Maybe Colursus? As in Ursus and Colossus. Or Ursolem/Ursulem.
Looks cool. Bears are cool.

Is it maybe coming this week? I haven’t heard anything about it yet. I feel like, especially with it being a Pokemon game, it’d get more than just a day or three for announce/release cycle
I suppose it could theoretically release next week Friday on the 24th, but that's the last possible Friday before it's July 1st. I think Nintendo is comfortable with their N64 games releasing mid month end of the week. I'd personally only expect more than a day or three of hype for Pokemon Stadium 1 and 2 getting the week of marketing hype to coincide with Gameboy NSO if they did manage to figure out the connectivity, otherwise older Pokemon games are probably not on TPCi's radar when it comes to planning schedules.

I imagine we’ll at least get Pokémon snap dates this week. Also the roadmap should be coming, tho yeah it could be in the direct. It’s a good chance to show off what third parties they got. And why line it up with this month if not? Could’ve done a random number of games like Japan’s or a years worth or even just the remaining first party games from VC(which is actually right around a dozen). Plus the roadmap reveal had more to come on it too so at the very least people can stop panicking about it ending out of nowhere
Given Nintendo's track record with VC on Wii and Wii U, I still feel I'm very much in the right to be panicking about support ending abruptly when it already feels anemic 😅 I imagine we'll only get another six games revealed and a third roadmap around late October/early November like when we got the NSO EP announcement, but the sooner the better either way

damn....Digimon survives is really being sent out to die on switch.....I hope PS and Xbox only gamers get on this considering there's very little else coming to their platforms in the summer.

Alright, who ordered this heat?
Politicians, massive corporations, and science deniers.
Big group, so they had to order a lot.

Also, my friend in Sask said it's gonna be 36°C for her this week and I just can't believe that's a thing.

damn....Digimon survives is really being sent out to die on switch.....I hope PS and Xbox only gamers get on this considering there's very little else coming to their platforms in the summer.
Switch will still be the biggest platform considering the genre (VN/SRPG), so it’s still a big lose for Digimon Survive, but I dont think it matters that much because most Digimon fans will still buy it and that is the main audience for this game.

Half tempted to make a thread over in the Roost where we all post the daily highs to feel a little bit better, because someone out there always has to deal with higher temperatures than you.

Half tempted to make a thread over in the Roost where we all post the daily highs to feel a little bit better, because someone out there always has to deal with higher temperatures than you.
Normally I would win this but we got to 107 last year, which is hotter than it has ever been in Texas in recorded history. So every now and then the PNW becomes a scorcher.

This was a very weird article to see pop up this morning because I can't keep up with all the things coming from Japan and indies this year. Has !E3 been that much of a let down for 2022?
For most people, yeah.

What you, and likely a lot of folks here need to remember is that games simply existing doesn't automatically mean that most people truly care about them. Hell, even if they buy them, it doesn't mean that they truly care about it; much the same way many don't truly care about everything they watch on Netflix, or see in the cinema with friends. Like, people are saying "oh but the Switch is having a massive year," as if that makes the loss of massive previously-2022 juggernauts like BotW2 or Starfield any less bitter. For a significant amount of people that means having their list of "3 games I'm gonna buy and put time into," this year being lowered even more, or having to take a chance on a game that they may not see value in due to genre, story, possible playtime, etc (i.e. a lot of the Switch games we love here).

It's why I've always hated list war type rhetoric, where people just take the Wikipedia page of "Games released [for the thing in question]" and declare things 'done.' Yeah, sure, games like A Plague Tale and Tactics Ogre Reborn are coming out but... is the person who's looking forward to Starfield really gonna care? It’s like saying “I don’t know why people are annoyed about the new Avengers film being delayed, I’m swimming in A24 films.”

Last edited:
I suppose it could theoretically release next week Friday on the 24th, but that's the last possible Friday before it's July 1st. I think Nintendo is comfortable with their N64 games releasing mid month end of the week. I'd personally only expect more than a day or three of hype for Pokemon Stadium 1 and 2 getting the week of marketing hype to coincide with Gameboy NSO if they did manage to figure out the connectivity, otherwise older Pokemon games are probably not on TPCi's radar when it comes to planning schedules.

Given Nintendo's track record with VC on Wii and Wii U, I still feel I'm very much in the right to be panicking about support ending abruptly when it already feels anemic 😅 I imagine we'll only get another six games revealed and a third roadmap around late October/early November like when we got the NSO EP announcement, but the sooner the better either way
I mean the initial datamine had 38 games if I remember right. We are at 15 released and 18 announced(Custom Robo V1/2 and Pokémon snap). That still leaves another 20 games at the least(and they can always do more if they get the licensing like Snes did)
I mean off the top of my head let me narrow that down with known first party, rare, and big NSO supporters
First party remaining(no issues):
Excitebike
Mario Party 2/3
Pokémon puzzle league(no Japan version)
Pokémon stadium 1/2(unlikely without GB/GBA NSO which would be a fall thing)
Super Smash bros
Wave Race
First party(licensing issues depending):
CRUIS’N USA/World/Exotica(considering USA has happened on VC these shouldn’t have an issue)
Itoi’s Bass fishing(Japan only. Shouldn’t be any major issue considering the Mother games happened)
Pilotwings 64(nobody is sure what exactly plagues this one. Lots of theories)
Rare games:
DK64
Diddy Kong Racing
Banjo Tooie
Blast Corps
Jet force Gemini
(Perfect dark, and killer instinct are odd ones, plus Goldeneye is a special case. But those 5 are likely)
Third party:
Sega/Atlus(extremely likely, especially considering a whole platform got licensed and we even have connected games):
Puyo Puyo n~party
Puyo Puyo Sun 64(not that I expect both and both are Japan only. But we did get the Snes one in the west)
Snowboard Kids 1/2
Other third party’s that support NSO or had VC. This gets more nebulous but if Nintendo got any they would totally put on a roadmap. Incomplete and off the top of my head tho.
Bomberman 64/hero/2nd attack/Japan
Castlevania 64
Deadly Arts
Fighters Destiny 1/2(oddly want to say BN owns these these days)
Flying Dragons
Goemon’s Great Adventure
Hybrid Heaven
Legend of the mystical Ninja Starting Goemon
Mischief Makers
Ogre Battle 64
Shiren the wander 2
Like I said any third party games they get are perfect roadmap material.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom