• Hey everyone, staff have documented a list of banned content and subject matter that we feel are not consistent with site values, and don't make sense to host discussion of on Famiboards. This list (and the relevant reasoning per item) is viewable here.
  • Furukawa Speaks! We discuss the announcement of the Nintendo Switch Successor and our June Direct Predictions on the new episode of the Famiboards Discussion Club! Check it out here!

StarTopic Nintendo General Discussion |ST9 June 2022| This is Miyamoto. Have a fun summer!

What's hype in June?

• A potential Direct

Votes: 201 59.1%
  • Summer events in general

Votes: 14 4.1%
  • Mario Strikers: Battle League

Votes: 27 7.9%
  • Fire Emblem Warriors: Three Hopes

Votes: 27 7.9%
  • Monster Hunter Rise: Sunbreak

Votes: 25 7.4%
  • Cold drinks

Votes: 32 9.4%
  • Warm smiles

Votes: 14 4.1%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Oh Sony…

That article ended very strongly, holy shit (emphasis mine):
The online mockery and “memes” doesn’t mean a damn thing in terms of general audience interest. It is well past time the media stopped treating this foolishness as anything other than amusing but irrelevant comedy. That’s to say nothing of treating random racists bitching about Ghostbusters, Star Wars, Marvel, Doctor Who, Percy Jackson, etc., etc. as even a partial representative of general consumer consensus.

If you want the best possible screen or the most brightness features, you're gonna need to know how to solder. But if you don't care and want to avoid soldering, then there's a relatively simple option for you:

Oh my god I am absolutely going to do this

Don’t know if there are any Hatsune Miku fans here, but the free Miku Expo Rewind concert starts on Twitch in an hour. It’s all archive footage from past concerts, but it’s free! The first of the new DJ sets just started. I went to a Miku Expo concert in 2016, it was awesome! Would have gone again in 2020, but Covid happened and cancelled it.

For some reason I have the Kinnikuman theme stuck in my head. Adding it to my regular playlist probably didn’t help.

Well just finished chapter 5 of Digimon cyberslueth. So making some progress

If we want to talk top tier video game themes, Super Robot wars has so many outside the licensed stuff. Even when they added lyrics to existing stuff they had fun with it
This is the theme for the gun of one of the original mecha. That’s a 3 suit combiner with a fourth mech that transforms into the gun. The head is shaped after the old banpresto logo.

Just a gif of Reggie giving bad advice

play-the-game-reggie.gif

Tipsy is the best level of drunk. It's the only level where you don't cry

Sober? Cry

Tipsy? No cry

Drunk? Cry

Hung over? Cry

Are any of the Pokémon mystery Dungeon 3DS games good?
Gates to Infinity has an issue with bad pacing, but is still definitely good, just more difficult to replay than other entries. Super Mystery Dungeon is just all around really great, probably my second favorite in the series.

Stranger Things episode 7 is wild
Episode 1 was already pretty crazy, so I can only imagine. I'm going to try to only watch around one episode per week so that I don't get caught up too fast before the last ones drop; we'll see if I manage that.

So I went and dug out some stuff!

I can’t believe how hard it is to play on an original GBA nowadays. It’s nearly impossible to see anything! I really regret selling my DS Lite now.

How difficult is it to replace the screen with one of those fancy backlit ones?

Dead easy if you don't care for brightness control. If you do, you'll need to solder a cable to the motherboard and to the screen's ribbon cable.

Just make sure you're getting a screen that doesn't require the GBA's plastic shell to be trimmed, and you're good. Otherwise, you'll have to do it yourself, which is a pain, or order a pre-trimmed shell to go with the screen, which is more costly.

That said, if you don't mind emulation/a different form factor, there are plenty of handhelds designed to run GBA games up to modern standards. They're more expensive than just swapping a screen, but they have other obvious advantages. I like my portables small and pocketable, so I play GBA on the Miyoo Mini and the RG351P the most.

Octo Expansion: I got the four thangs, should I go and do the story stuff and clean up later or get all 80 levels done first?

Left joy-con that came with my OLED Switch is making a right racket... Can hear what sounds like a spring being forcibly engaged over my headphones every time I push it to the left... Will this go away over time or worth sending it in for repair? QC hasn't been amazing of late as the first OLED had a faulty screen.

I'm playing Lost in Random and while I think it has some pretty cool ideas... I'm so over games with narrators lmao

I've spent the weekend on NSO, which I got again because of Game Builder Garage uploads, not only playing the little of Mario Strikers I could (and understood) but I've also played both Mario 3 and Mario World on the apps.

Super Mario World HOLDS UP, and it's still damn good, and Toshihiko Nakago and team, like someone said, sort of deserves a Nobel Price in physics. Mario feels so good and is so much fun to just move around and see all the mechanics interact.

Also, the world design and level design is impeccable, and finding secret exits is never not a delight, and I'm still blown away by Special World, the secret world within the secret world. And those eight courses, my god.

(I prefer Advance 2 though)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom