• Hey everyone, staff have documented a list of banned content and subject matter that we feel are not consistent with site values, and don't make sense to host discussion of on Famiboards. This list (and the relevant reasoning per item) is viewable here.
  • Furukawa Speaks! We discuss the announcement of the Nintendo Switch Successor and our June Direct Predictions on the new episode of the Famiboards Discussion Club! Check it out here!

StarTopic Nintendo General Discussion |ST9 June 2022| This is Miyamoto. Have a fun summer!

What's hype in June?

• A potential Direct

Votes: 201 59.1%
  • Summer events in general

Votes: 14 4.1%
  • Mario Strikers: Battle League

Votes: 27 7.9%
  • Fire Emblem Warriors: Three Hopes

Votes: 27 7.9%
  • Monster Hunter Rise: Sunbreak

Votes: 25 7.4%
  • Cold drinks

Votes: 32 9.4%
  • Warm smiles

Votes: 14 4.1%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
I believe well get a NSO n64 roadmap 2 this month. Probably with some additional third party games they’ve been negotiating. Cause otherwise why not just tack on 4 more games and just do a year long one to start with? Excitebike, 1080 and waverace all have zero issues and will totally come. And the fourth could be Pokémon puzzle league or heck smash bros. I mean Japan even got 2 extra games on theirs

I believe well get a NSO n64 roadmap 2 this month. Probably with some additional third party games they’ve been negotiating. Cause otherwise why not just tack on 4 more games and just do a year long one to start with? Excitebike, 1080 and waverace all have zero issues and will totally come. And the fourth could be Pokémon puzzle league or heck smash bros. I mean Japan even got 2 extra games on theirs
I'm thinking maybe Mega Man 64.

At this point it’s the worst kept secret
Switch version is still a secret though. Is it a part of NSO or a native app? Would be super disappointing if Xbox gets the full HD and widescreen version while Switch gets a simple upscaled ROM dump...

Honestly I originally wasn't planning on seeing the new Top Gun but after seeing the praise it's getting I'm going to now. I'm about to go on vacation, so one day next week for sure.

oops.gif

To be fair, it seems like Cruise is just following his (excellent) Mission: Impossible template. I assume the comparatively larger success of Top Gun has at least something to do with nostalgia
I think there's also the difference in spectacle once you find out the flying was real. When hearing about MI stuff I was always like "well of course Tom Cruise strapped himself to a cargo plane and filmed it, that's a Tom Cruisey thing to do" but then I hear about TG2 stuff and I'm like "whoa whoa wait the Navy let the cast do fucking what with those jets????" And again, just the pure visceral look of the cinematography that the trailers showed off, because it was in-lens and NOT green screen.. I never saw the original yet after the first trailer I could just tell it looked like something special.
And it was.
Though I guess you're likely talking more about the general audience being about the nostalgia in which case probably yeah I concede

I think there's also the difference in spectacle once you find out the flying was real. When hearing about MI stuff I was always like "well of course Tom Cruise strapped himself to a cargo plane and filmed it, that's a Tom Cruisey thing to do" but then I hear about TG2 stuff and I'm like "whoa whoa wait the Navy let the cast do fucking what with those jets????" And again, just the pure visceral look of the cinematography that the trailers showed off, because it was in-lens and NOT green screen.. I never saw the original yet after the first trailer I could just tell it looked like something special.
And it was.
Though I guess you're likely talking more about the general audience being about the nostalgia in which case probably yeah I concede

Maverick is one of the rare action movies nowadays that actually feels real. I love me some Marvel, but the constant CGI and green screen is not great. Same with DC and Star Wars. CGI should never be used as a replacement for practical effects, just a compliment to them. This movie finally gets it.

To be fair, it seems like Cruise is just following his (excellent) Mission: Impossible template. I assume the comparatively larger success of Top Gun has at least something to do with nostalgia
Nostalgia is a part of it, but exit polling and demographic research shows that Top Gun: Maverick's 18-35-year-old audience spread has increased week over week due to euphoric word of mouth, to the point where this weekend's ticket buyers were primarily younger audiences compared to last week's middle-aged and 55+ demo. The movie is terrific and I have not seen this much buzz for a non-comic/superhero movie since Avatar.

I'm thinking of not playing CrossCode.

Seems too depressing.
To piggyback on what @NabiscoFelt said, CrossCode definitely has some heavy moments and depressing parts (mostly the middle) but the overall game and general feel of it is one of the most wholesome, feel-good games I know of. It has a certain earnest and sincere feel to it that I love.

How many mass shootings are we gonna get this year?! Jesus Christ. Two big ones overnight in Chattanooga and Philadelphia. When will it end?
Given the glacial pace at which our legislators operate…never?

CrossCode is only depressing for a bit in the middle... OK maybe a lot of the middle

But the rest of the time it's wholesome af.
To piggyback on what @NabiscoFelt said, CrossCode definitely has some heavy moments and depressing parts (mostly the middle) but the overall game and general feel of it is one of the most wholesome, feel-good games I know of. It has a certain earnest and sincere feel to it that I love.
Already deleted.

Truth be told?

I had, I think, 80 games, most of which I never touched or barely played.

In the end?

I'm settling (right now) for 3 games in my Steam account, one of them being Final Fantasy XIV Online.

I hear that Final Fantasy XIV is pretty good story-wise and I think that's what I'm looking for.

We live in a timeline where Top Gun 2 is going to outgross a Batman movie and a Harry Potter movie at the box office. Wild.
we live in a timeline where it’s 2022 and there’s another Top Gun movie, another Batman movie, and another Harry Potter movie

if that doesn’t make you just viscerally angry and sad then idk what to tell you

we live in a timeline where it’s 2022 and there’s another Top Gun movie, another Batman movie, and another Harry Potter movie

if that doesn’t make you just viscerally angry and sad then idk what to tell you
I'll take another Top Gun and Batman any day of the week.

Warning: Anime

I just binged watched 86. I have mixed feelings about it. I really liked in the initial concept about about a young commander who leads troops she can hear but has never seen and who are not considered actual people by members of her own race. The show brings up ideas about the disconnect between military leaders and the people actually doing the fighting, what it means to give your life for people that don't consider you equal, and finding purpose in a life that was chosen for you. Episodes 9 to 11 were some of the most engaging episodes I have seen in an anime lately. I really felt the sense of liberation in the characters even as they marched towards their end.

With the way the first half ends, I thought the second half would be focused on a specific character. But she is kinda tossed to the side and with her, most of the themes that were established in the first half. Those themes still pop up but they take a backseat to the purse mech fighting. The more interesting character arc and political plotline happens mostly off screen. The show remains really nice looking throughout, especially the scenery. Even though the mech battles are mostly CG, they do look better than what you typically see. Because the more interesting aspects of the story are largely pushed to the side in the second half, I feel the anime is just merely a pretty good mech show, rather than something truly special like the first half hinted that it could be. We'll see if the show gets more seasons since the light novel is ongoing.

Golden Eye will be the Remaster on switch.

Otherwise Nintendo will have to raise the Age rating for their NSO to M . And they’ve been avoiding that. Plus I feel we would’ve found that out by now.

Anyways. Golden Eye remaster.

If not. Then Hooray, M rated games are good to go for NSO apps

Otherwise Nintendo will have to raise the Age rating for their NSO to M . And they’ve been avoiding that. Plus I feel we would’ve found that out by now.

Wasn't Goldeneye rated T?

I've just had Subway and as usual, it wasn't bad, though i think i should stop ordering subs with bbq sauce. It basically steals the flavor of everything else.

If only there were enough buttons. I could also play that one with the SNES controller though.
You don’t need the C-buttons in that because there is no camera to control (and I’m assuming you use the center stick for movement). Just map everything to use the SNES layout and you’re good.

I actually went through some of my backlog this weekend. Beat Chicory, great game but sometimes it was confusing on what I had to do during bosses and couldn't tell if I was actually making any progress. Tried some games and decided some were just not for me and deleted them. Don't have the time to spare on games that are obviously not made for me. Like one game just tells me to do something but doesn't show how to do it during what is obviously the tutorial level. Another game that I am probably going to delete is where I beat a boss with a bs mechanic and got to the next level but since I died right afterwards when I jumped off a ledge that had no indication it was lethal and didn't get to the save point despite it telling me it was the start of a new chapter it didn't save. I almost impulsively deleted but I still need to think about it.

Goldeneye ROM on Expansion Pack is also not a huge draw if Game Pass has the objective superior remaster and I'm sure Nintendo are aware of that

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom