• Hey everyone, staff have documented a list of banned content and subject matter that we feel are not consistent with site values, and don't make sense to host discussion of on Famiboards. This list (and the relevant reasoning per item) is viewable here.
  • Do you have audio editing experience and want to help out with the Famiboards Discussion Club Podcast? If so, we're looking for help and would love to have you on the team! Just let us know in the Podcast Thread if you are interested!

StarTopic Nintendo General Discussion |ST9 June 2022| This is Miyamoto. Have a fun summer!

What's hype in June?

• A potential Direct

Votes: 201 59.1%
  • Summer events in general

Votes: 14 4.1%
  • Mario Strikers: Battle League

Votes: 27 7.9%
  • Fire Emblem Warriors: Three Hopes

Votes: 27 7.9%
  • Monster Hunter Rise: Sunbreak

Votes: 25 7.4%
  • Cold drinks

Votes: 32 9.4%
  • Warm smiles

Votes: 14 4.1%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
I think the best solution that Nintendo should consider doing the work for is eShop-purchasable ROM injections. For example: if I buy the Mega Man Legacy Collection, I should have the option to just put the ROMs for Mega Mans 1-6 into the NSO NES app instead of having them be in a different thing. I’d buy WAY more classic collections on the eShop if I had the option of putting them in the NSO apps.

If Nintendo could work with 3rd parties to make that happen, I would die a happy man.

Have you ever tried to schedule what you're going to play and when you will play it? I did that once in my 3ds days and failed spectacularly, but I was more successful with the recent backlog thread. I try to follow the "play what you want when you want" rule in case something hooks me, but creating a timeline might help me avoid sitting around and wondering what I should play.

It's pretty awesome to see Xbox not utterly failing in Japan right now. I hope leadership is paying attention and is willing to make some moves to keep momentum going.

If Nintendo could work with 3rd parties to make that happen, I would die a happy man.
Not sure how feasible it is (can’t imagine the profitability on this would be high so justifying the work to nintendo/3rd party execs would be a tough sell) but yeah, it’d be extremely cool

Have you ever tried to schedule what you're going to play and when you will play it? I did that once in my 3ds days and failed spectacularly, but I was more successful with the recent backlog thread. I try to follow the "play what you want when you want" rule in case something hooks me, but creating a timeline might help me avoid sitting around and wondering what I should play.

I have, especially when I'm trying to clear a game or two before something big is coming out or if I know I won't be gaming for a while. It has proven to be successful, but I have learned not to get frustrated when life comes up and you don't meet internal deadlines for game completion.

As June is winding down to a close, I just want to say that it's been a ton of fun having this thread, and participating in it, over this month. On the game side of things, June might not have turned out the way it did, with the absence of a general Direct and a Partner to take its place as late as last week, but we still got lots of fun memories, hype, and lots of other things. We still got awesome games to talk about, as well as life happenings and all that comes with it.

9 months on, I'm still having fun on this board. Y'all are awesome!
This was an amazingly done OP! A really well-done thread for a particularly crazy month. Thanks a bunch :p

Now, mine. Just... ya'll wait and see.

Last edited:
As June is winding down to a close, I just want to say that it's been a ton of fun having this thread, and participating in it, over this month. On the game side of things, June might not have turned out the way it did, with the absence of a general Direct and a Partner to take its place as late as last week, but we still got lots of fun memories, hype, and lots of other things. We still got awesome games to talk about, as well as life happenings and all that comes with it.

Thanks Irene

Sort of. I make a list of a few games I want to prioritize that I refer to as a “dance card”.
I look it over once a month for revision to see if stuff on it is currently grabbing my interest or if I want to throw something newer onto it.
I find just having a smaller list to look at when I want to play something helps me focus instead of getting distracted over too many choices.
(Though I will also ignore this list if I do have a strong desire to play something that’s not on it.)

This last month my list was mostly made up of easy to play portable titles cause I knew work would be particularly busy and I might need to come in unexpectedly, but there can also be a decent amount of downtime while waiting for stuff to happen.

Mole Mania is genuinely fun
So I hear. I was being cheeky 😇

I mostly agree, except for Final Fantasy on Xbox.

In fact, Sony tying that series up almost makes me more confident Dragon Quest 12 and Persona 6 will be on Xbox day one (Not sure about Nier 3 since there’s already a small rumor that it’s PS5 only. But people talked about how DMC5 was PS4 only until it showed up at an Xbox show).
FFXV and XIII both hit XBox though. I think it's too early to say if Sony has the franchise tied up again at the moment. It's certainly a possibility but there could easily be a timed exclusivity deal at play. And frankly I don't think Sony has the money to fully ensure exclusivity like they did during the PS1/PS2 eras.

Not to bring up that GameSpot article again, but I do love the concern trolling over backwards compatibility. "Sure, the Switch's successor will have BC, but what about after that?".
Lack of Game Boy BC absolutely did not hamstring the DS so whatever GameSpot.

are you fucking kidding me lmfao
It took me a while to catch that too :LOL: Well done Cuphead team!

Thank you again for all your hard work, @Irene ! Been a pleasure to shitpost and wax poetic about games and life in this lil home, and @Plum I'm looking forward to your July thread! Here's to more summer madness!

Delicious
Last
Course
I'm genuinely shocked as many people are surprised by this revelation 😋 Ever since Resident Evil: Deadly Silence on DS and Kingdom Hearts: Dream Drop Distance on 3D(')s, I've always been on the lookout for punny acronyms in game titles haha

The two immediate changes I'd want for NSO is border removal and the option to purchase individual games.
Also the borders are the NSO trademark for better or worse
Honestly I'd be more okay with the border if it wasn't just a static image. Just a slow scroll that's imperceptible unless you stare at it just so it doesn't cause any burn-in on the TV screen

I'm genuinely shocked as many people are surprised by this revelation 😋 Ever since Resident Evil: Deadly Silence on DS and Kingdom Hearts: Dream Drop Distance on 3D(')s, I've always been on the lookout for punny acronyms in game titles haha
Kirby Triple Deluxe - Kirby Triple D - Kirby 3D.

Also a Dedede pun maybe.

Maybe if we all pool our money together we can do this too.

spidey.jpg

I wanna do a General Discussion ST again one day. It was genuinely fun to come up with it and seeing everyone else do such a great job with theirs (including the upcoming one that I totally have not seen) has been even more motivating.

Maybe if we all pool our money together we can do this too.

Oh geez, nothing more annoying than F-zero fans.

Dude, about half of current Switch owners might have been born after the last F-zero game was released. And it bombed, despite having a companion anime series. Just let it go, this is not an alive genre anyway.

And they do revive old series, the series that actually matter. Like Advance Wars.

Hey guys, My goddaughter(who is 11) has been asking me for demon slayer since she found out there was a game on the switch. Is the game any good? also is it a fighting game or an action game?

Super Gem Fighter Mini Mix is truly one of Capcom's finest titles. Forget all this "make another VS. title" talk. Make another chibi-cross-Capcom one-on-one fighter.

Well, actually, don't forget the VS. talk and make TvC 2, but after you make another chibi-cross-Capcom one-on-one fighter.

I've lurked as a non-member for over a week now in multiple threads, including this one, but despite me joining this discussion on the last day of June, I wanted to thank you @Irene as well as everyone else because this thread was very Okayge

Looking forward to the next!

Oh geez, nothing more annoying than F-zero fans.

Dude, about half of current Switch owners might have been born after the last F-zero game was released. And it bombed, despite having a companion anime series. Just let it go, this is not an alive genre anyway.

And they do revive old series, the series that actually matter. Like Advance Wars.
I'd take a new F-Zero over Advance Wars any day of the week. And that's not a dig on Advance Wars. Why not let people want things?

If anyone listened all the way through the last podcast, a StreamLab question asked about This and newer info. Nate said he stood by the October report and hadn’t had any new corroborating info (he did not say that new info doesn’t exist) and referred back to this.

I'd take a new F-Zero over Advance Wars any day of the week. And that's not a dig on Advance Wars. Why not let people want things?
They do want things. But $40k for just to want a thing a tad too much, don't you think?

Advance Wars reboot happened because Nintendo found a right dev to do the job. Doing the same for something like F-zero sounds much harder, as I said, this is not an alive genre, there are not many studios experienced on this. It's ok to beg but maybe it's time to focus on things that actually can happen? Like, Golden Sun?

They do want things. But $40k for just to want a thing a tad too much, don't you think?

Advance Wars reboot happened because Nintendo found a right dev to do the job. Doing the same for something like F-zero sounds much harder, as I said, this is not an alive genre, there are not many studios experienced on this. It's ok to beg but maybe it's time to focus on things that actually can happen? Like, Golden Sun?
Nobody buys 40k in stock just to ask one question lol. They just happened to be in the position to ask it. And maybe the reason people want F-Zero is because it's a dead genre, instead of something like Golden Sun which would be yet another RPG on a system full of them.

Nobody buys 40k in stock just to ask one question lol. They just happened to be in the position to ask it. And maybe the reason people want F-Zero is because it's a dead genre, instead of something like Golden Sun which would be yet another RPG on a system full of them.
Racing is not a dead genre and Golden Sun holds its own in the sea of RPG's. Jeez. The reason people want F-Zero is because it is its own thing in the racing genre, like Wipe Out is. Same goes for Golden sun in the RPG genre.

Racing is not a dead genre and Golden Sun holds its own in the sea of RPG's. Jeez. The reason people want F-Zero is because it is its own thing in the racing genre, like Wipe Out is. Same goes for Golden sun in the RPG genre.
I wasn't referring to racing as a whole lol, I was referring to the Wipeout style super fast racers.

I just wanted to give a sincere thank you to those who responded to my post about the interview yesterday. I think it went really well and I'm being honest when I say seeing the support from all of you helped me stay confident the whole time. Thank you!

wait this CAN happen? I end up with more playtime than I think I actually have with a lot of games.
Rarely games do that. It happen to me with Labyrinth of Refrain where I played like 60+ hours but since I leave my switch in rest mode, it appeared as over 400+, they did patch it later.

As for AI I am going to try to see if for the time to advance the game must be on in rest mode vs putting the switch in rest mode on the main page.

Hey @Irene, just wondering whether you'd be OK with me posting my ST in about an hour or so, or even now? I'm legit getting really tired now and I won't have time to post it and edit any errors in the morning tomorrow. It's all ready to go either way :)

EDIT: Or just people in general lol - I know it's not even evening over in the US, but I'm legit really tired right now lol

Last edited:
Nintendo not doing sequel for Ring Fit Adventure OR utilising the Ring-con in Switch Sports are the greatest development crimes committed by any company in the industry ever.
I want another Ring Fit Adventure and I want a mode where I can play with another person. Playing a JRPG without a party for me seems so wrong, plus I think it would be fun as you can have duo only moves and such.

I want another Ring Fit Adventure and I want a mode where I can play with another person. Playing a JRPG without a party for me seems so wrong, plus I think it would be fun as you can have duo only moves and such.
Doing Acro attacks would be dope.

The game is best selling new JRPG in twenty years. Where is the sequel?!

And also if there's party. I need Allegra in my party.

Hey @Irene, just wondering whether you'd be OK with me posting my ST in about an hour or so, or even now? I'm legit getting really tired now and I won't have time to post it and edit any errors in the morning tomorrow. It's all ready to go either way :)

EDIT: Or just people in general lol - I know it's not even evening over in the US, but I'm legit really tired right now lol
Just say you’re in New Zealand or something where it’s already July. I’d be OK with it! Maybe check with a mod or something to make sure.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom