• Hey everyone, staff have documented a list of banned content and subject matter that we feel are not consistent with site values, and don't make sense to host discussion of on Famiboards. This list (and the relevant reasoning per item) is viewable here.

StarTopic Nintendo General Discussion |ST9 June 2022| This is Miyamoto. Have a fun summer!

What's hype in June?

• A potential Direct

Votes: 201 59.1%
  • Summer events in general

Votes: 14 4.1%
  • Mario Strikers: Battle League

Votes: 27 7.9%
  • Fire Emblem Warriors: Three Hopes

Votes: 27 7.9%
  • Monster Hunter Rise: Sunbreak

Votes: 25 7.4%
  • Cold drinks

Votes: 32 9.4%
  • Warm smiles

Votes: 14 4.1%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Gonna do the Suicide Mission on Mass Effect 2 tonight. At some point later this year I'll go back to it for the Firewalker, Overlord, and Shadow Broker expansions.

Woop woop.
Did my play through of the remaster earlier this year. Still great. Amazon will be giving away for free for prime day so I’ll be getting it for origin as it will work on the steam deck as I hope to get one in the future

Been slowly working on three hopes

Did my play through of the remaster earlier this year. Still great. Amazon will be giving away for free for prime day so I’ll be getting it for origin as it will work on the steam deck as I hope to get one in the future

Been slowly working on three hopes
I'm finishing the main story on ME2 exactly so that I spend time on Three Hopes... but probably only after I start Sunbreak tomorrow.

I'm finishing the main story on ME2 exactly so that I spend time on Three Hopes... but probably only after I start Sunbreak tomorrow.
Never even gotten monster hunter rise to begin with. On my list but not a priority right now. I do wish we get mass effect on switch but I use the steam deck as an alternative when I eventually get mine

That and will be getting a few things from the sale, plus portal when I have some money Friday.

Never even gotten monster hunter rise to begin with. On my list but not a priority right now. I do wish we get mass effect on switch but I use the steam deck as an alternative when I eventually get mine

That and will be getting a few things from the sale, plus portal when I have some money Friday.
Super tempted by Portal. Probably a bit much for now though, so I might get Elechead as a break from longer games.

I see we've hit the size where we get stunt multis to engage in driveby posting and get turbo banned?

Also, now that Automata is on the way and Omori is out, let us all reflect on the choice words of Hiroshi Yamauchi:

[Japanese gamers like] to be alone in their rooms and play depressing games.
Source

I’m currently in the “I only want to play Xenoblade 3 and finding all other games unsatisfactory cause they’re not Xenoblade 3” mood.

Or probably cause there’s a single dead pixel on my tv and it’s so noticeable it’s killing me.
I was always hyped for XC3, but it was more of a vague "this is coming soon and I know it'll be great" hype, more broad and nebulous. After the Direct though I'm thinking about it WAY more, which is probably as intended, but also why is it still a month away???

I see we've hit the size where we get stunt multis to engage in driveby posting and get turbo banned?

Also, now that Automata is on the way and Omori is out, let us all reflect on the choice words of Hiroshi Yamauchi:

Source
Clearly I have something in common with Japanese gamers

Started both Portal and Stanley Parable: Ultra Deluxe and I'm having a great time with both.

Did it hurt me buying the Companion Collection when the Portal Bundle on Steam is $4 right now? Yes.

Do I care? A smidge.

I did that last month… along with the base game and every sidequest in both
Same here, so glad I began playing XCDE after the February Direct otherwise I wouldn't have completed it in time for XC3.

Source
Now with the Switch they can go outside and play depressing games in the clean fresh air.

Last edited:
Same here, so glad I began playing XC:DE after the February Direct otherwise I wouldn't have completed it in time for XC3.
I really need to get off my ass and play some games so I can finally start XC1 in earnest like I've been saying I'd do for the past year.

Now with the Switch they can go outside and play depressing games in the clean fresh air.
5 years in and Konami is still sitting on Boktai. How much could a USB-C powered solar sensor that clips onto the system cost?

I know Boktai isn't depressing, aside from the lack of the 3rd game getting localized

people meme'd about Nier Automata making the Switch burn or being extra pixelated when the Direct footage was impressive.. people just like to make the same tweet/meme again and again when it comes to the Switch sigh
lots of twitter's best comedians thinking that the switch cant handle p5. folks, they arent sending their best.

so to fill in any Direct people, I've gotten permission to make a special thread for speculation on a July Nintendo event, which I intend to accordingly call Nintendo Event Speculation |ST July 2022|. No bullshit, no games, just a regular speculation thread that I'll try to keep up to date. Maybe I'll make a poll.

However, I am open to suggestions on thread subtitles, and per tradition will be taking requests. Just @ me with your suggestion, and I'll go by Yeah!s to choose. Thread will open on July 1st, so I of course need the subtitle before then.

so to fill in any Direct people, I've gotten permission to make a special thread for speculation on a July Nintendo event, which I intend to accordingly call Nintendo Event Speculation |ST July 2022|. No bullshit, no games, just a regular speculation thread that I'll try to keep up to date. Maybe I'll make a poll.

However, I am open to suggestions on thread subtitles, and per tradition will be taking requests. Just @ me with your suggestion, and I'll go by Yeah!s to choose. Thread will open on July 1st, so I of course need the subtitle before then.
Ooh, a Raccoon July speculation thread? Excellent! air guitar.

If we make it to August without anything, are we just going to roll it into the September Direct Spec thread?

Nintendo Event Speculation |ST July 2022| Speculation Chronicles 3

I gotta say I am shocked that Roller Champions actually turned out super fun. And the Switch version is solid. Between this and Mario+Rabbids, Ubisoft actually has a good year on Switch.

June is just July without the heart

Messing around with the Steam Deck and it's a pretty neat piece of hardware that I've got two issues with so far. One, it's way too big for me, and two, less than three hours of battery life for a game like VA11-Hall-A is oof. This is definitely a first-gen product and it's going to be interesting to see where Valve goes with Gabe Gear Mark II.

Never cared for achievements that much, but Against All Odds is easily my favourite.

I love Mass Effect 2. One of the all time greats, as far as I'm concerned.

Edit - maybe No One Left Behind is my favourite.

Nintendo Event Speculation |ST July 2022| We made the Admin Poop himself.

Nintendo Event Speculation |ST July 2022| Our Direct Is In Another Month
NEW Nintendo Event Speculation |ST July 2022|

Nintendo Event Speculation |ST July 2022| Direct Hype Has Ruined Real Life For Me
Nintendo Event Speculation |ST July 2022| Let's just say fans of a certain bounty hunter will enjoy the upcoming Direct

Last edited:
Started both Portal and Stanley Parable: Ultra Deluxe and I'm having a great time with both.

Did it hurt me buying the Companion Collection when the Portal Bundle on Steam is $4 right now? Yes.

Do I care? A smidge.
Hell, I’ve had both games on Steam for 10 years now. I gladly paid full price.

I was always hyped for XC3, but it was more of a vague "this is coming soon and I know it'll be great" hype, more broad and nebulous. After the Direct though I'm thinking about it WAY more, which is probably as intended, but also why is it still a month away???
To be honest. I think it’s mostly because I want a JRPG like Xenoblade. Grinding a bunch of party members stats. Filling out map icons. Secret locations. Leveling up abilities for more abilities. Try to break a battle system. Fill out check lists. Etc.

The love that stuff. And there hasn’t been anything like that recently. Fire Emblem is filling out that niche kinda, but the warriors gameplay is not my cup of tea so it never crosses past “decent” for me.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom