• Hey everyone, staff have documented a list of banned content and subject matter that we feel are not consistent with site values, and don't make sense to host discussion of on Famiboards. This list (and the relevant reasoning per item) is viewable here.

StarTopic Nintendo General Discussion |ST9 June 2022| This is Miyamoto. Have a fun summer!

What's hype in June?

• A potential Direct

Votes: 201 59.1%
  • Summer events in general

Votes: 14 4.1%
  • Mario Strikers: Battle League

Votes: 27 7.9%
  • Fire Emblem Warriors: Three Hopes

Votes: 27 7.9%
  • Monster Hunter Rise: Sunbreak

Votes: 25 7.4%
  • Cold drinks

Votes: 32 9.4%
  • Warm smiles

Votes: 14 4.1%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
RIP the rubber from my circle pad on my New 3DS went off randomly. The system also had problems with the displays including the 3D effect not working properly but I never sent it in and now Nintendo doesn't fix the New 3DS anymore. The weird mini C-knub never really worked properly either, or the thing just sucks don't know. Guess I'll buy a 2DS XL now, wish I had one with actual 3D tho lol

I want Nintendo to release multiple colors of the N64 controller for Switch so I can collect them.

I also do not want this to happen because they would cost so much lol

I should point out that what really amuses me about that Animal Crossing thing is, I've honestly never gotten into it. And I've tried. But I love Xenoblade so like, what actually is my fantasy?

On another note: how are we still talking about Skull & Bones after all these years? lmao

It's releasing this year Ubisoft has no choice due to government contracts. All because they wanted sweet sweet tax breaks. Game is gonna be a trash fire not seen since Cyberpunk except people were excited for Cyberpunk. I haven't read everything about the dev hell it's been in but what I have read sounds like they desperately needed someone with creative focus because they kept changing their minds on what the game was and couldn't stick with a plan.

Well shit. Got bit by a centipede and they’re supposed to be poisonous too. Read one of the side effects will be headaches among other things, oh joy

Hopefully the next 48 hours goes smoothly

I was actually playing games today. On my Switch of all things.

giphy.gif

Edelgard was right. Sometimes you need to chop off some heads to upend the system.

The Holy Kingdom of Faerghus is the worst kingdom.

Report and ignore everyone. This account will hopefully be disabled soon enough based on being recently created to do antagonistic drive by posts.

I woke up today, unreasonably mad, that Battle Network collection is 2023.

That was a upsetting 2 minutes. Almost cancelled the Xenoblade 3 special edition preorder I don’t have.

Does it over-heat? Can you hold it?
I’ve only played with a friend’s, so I’ve not played long enough to experience any heat problems.

I play my Switch mostly on the couch while the rest of the house watches TV, or in the evening while my partner watches videos in bed. The Steam Deck’s noise isn’t bad by PC standards but it’s absolutely unusable in those situations not because it disturbs me but because it disturbs everyone else.

It’s surprisingly high pitched but also changes pitch over time? That last part keeps it from ever fading into the background

giphy.gif

Well... time for me to log off for today. Whatever that was....

Games Done Quick is about to do a Donkey Kong Country Tropical Freeze run in about 30 minutes. I think the run they did back in 2014 or 15 was the first time GDQ convinced me to buy a game.

I’m currently in the “I only want to play Xenoblade 3 and finding all other games unsatisfactory cause they’re not Xenoblade 3” mood.

Or probably cause there’s a single dead pixel on my tv and it’s so noticeable it’s killing me.
Had a dead pixel (well, more like stuck in a single color) on my old TV and it suuuucked, but the OLED TV I have now introduced me to the joys of burn in, which is bothering me a lot more than the single white pixel ever did.

I’m currently in the “I only want to play Xenoblade 3 and finding all other games unsatisfactory cause they’re not Xenoblade 3” mood.

Or probably cause there’s a single dead pixel on my tv and it’s so noticeable it’s killing me.
I still gotta get through Xenoblade 2 replay and my first actual playthrough of Torna, socketed between ch 7 and 8, before Xenoblade 3 comes out. Also gotta hope Sunbreak doesn’t make that impossible.

I might buy Sonic Frontiers on Switch... the direct footage wasn't that bad and the framerate was stable... maybe Sega really tried to make an acceptable Switch port..

I might buy Sonic Frontiers on Switch... the direct footage wasn't that bad and the framerate was stable... maybe Sega really tried to make an acceptable Switch port..
Yeah, it was really weird seeing that dumbass Sonic Unleashed meme floating around right after the Direct showed it running fine.

Had a dead pixel (well, more like stuck in a single color) on my old TV and it suuuucked, but the OLED TV I have now introduced me to the joys of burn in, which is bothering me a lot more than the single white pixel ever did.
I got a vita with the Oled Screen and didn’t know about burn in. So, I remember playing Persona 3 for the first time and cause of how the game is artstyle wise at night. I figured it was part of the game lol.

I’ve only played with a friend’s, so I’ve not played long enough to experience any heat problems.

I play my Switch mostly on the couch while the rest of the house watches TV, or in the evening while my partner watches videos in bed. The Steam Deck’s noise isn’t bad by PC standards but it’s absolutely unusable in those situations not because it disturbs me but because it disturbs everyone else.

It’s surprisingly high pitched but also changes pitch over time? That last part keeps it from ever fading into the background
Oh. That I can deal with then as I'm usually playing singleplayer.

Yeah, it was really weird seeing that dumbass Sonic Unleashed meme floating around right after the Direct showed it running fine.
people meme'd about Nier Automata making the Switch burn or being extra pixelated when the Direct footage was impressive.. people just like to make the same tweet/meme again and again when it comes to the Switch sigh

I still gotta get through Xenoblade 2 replay and my first actual playthrough of Torna, socketed between ch 7 and 8, before Xenoblade 3 comes out. Also gotta hope Sunbreak doesn’t make that impossible.
I beat Future Connected this year. That’s enough Xenoblade for me before 3 lol

All the Automata posting is making me think of doing some Automata buying.

I'll wait to see what the port is like...

Gonna do the Suicide Mission on Mass Effect 2 tonight. At some point later this year I'll go back to it for the Firewalker, Overlord, and Shadow Broker expansions.

Woop woop.
I really dug that storm planet in Shadow Broker. Been years since I played it but I remember thinking it was a very visually impressive setting.

Gonna do the Suicide Mission on Mass Effect 2 tonight. At some point later this year I'll go back to it for the Firewalker, Overlord, and Shadow Broker expansions.

Woop woop.

I really enjoyed the Mass Effect 2 DLCs. I think it's fair to say they were overpriced at the time. But taken on their own, I thought they were fun, bite size adventures.

I really dug that storm planet in Shadow Broker. Been years since I played it but I remember thinking it was a very visually impressive setting.
I was a big fan of Liara (once you go blue, nothing else will do) and really loved the Shadow Broker expansion. Some great firefights, the flying car chase, and storming the ship was really an excellent sequence. Excited to go back to it later this year.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom