• Hey everyone, staff have documented a list of banned content and subject matter that we feel are not consistent with site values, and don't make sense to host discussion of on Famiboards. This list (and the relevant reasoning per item) is viewable here.
  • Furukawa Speaks! We discuss the announcement of the Nintendo Switch Successor and our June Direct Predictions on the new episode of the Famiboards Discussion Club! Check it out here!

StarTopic Nintendo General Discussion |ST8 May 2022| Prime Real E-ST8

Status
Not open for further replies.
At one point we’ll unfortunately be done eating this fabulous, 3 Michelin stars meal that is Bayonetta 3 and will have to look for another place to eat. The 1 Michelin star establishment named “Astral Chain 2” seems a good place for that
Why should I care what a tire company thinks, Astral chain was better

Wow. EA coming in with a creative new take:
...the gaming publisher told staff it couldn’t take a stance on every public issue and that “being an inclusive company means being inclusive of all those points of view.”
So "being inclusive" now means "being inclusive of discriminatory views." 👍

I was so excited to get this today from Target.....

Fk3m1KS.jpg

Problem is that it doesn't seem to be sold in stores so exchanging it isn't an option and they are sold out online. First world problems but OMG!

The problem with making spells and abilities that scale in damage with your skills/level is they you wind up with way fewer of them, since a lot of them start to become redundant.

Patents mean nothing when it comes to whether an Astral Chain sequel is happening. Everything from that publication is based on the original 2019 filing.
Yeah nothing about the patents is new, either, they're all mechanics that are already in Astral Chain. So it's not even like the Zelda patents where they would more obviously be pointing to a sequel (even if we didn't already know the sequel existed)

However, are these new filings and not renewals? I suppose if the IP shifted from partial ownership to full ownership by Nintendo, they might have needed to refile the patents or something. Idk, I don't know how patents work

Yeah nothing about the patents is new, either, they're all mechanics that are already in Astral Chain. So it's not even like the Zelda patents where they would more obviously be pointing to a sequel (even if we didn't already know the sequel existed)

However, are these new filings and not renewals? I suppose if the IP shifted from partial ownership to full ownership by Nintendo, they might have needed to refile the patents or something. Idk, I don't know how patents work
Companies very often file continuations or divisional applications if they want the claims to cover something different or (usually) broader. It's standard industry practice.

...hmm. Now that you mention it, has there ever been a kart racer RPG? There's been kart racers with adventure modes, yes, but an RPG? Would such a thing work or be fun?

Also Splatoon Good
That would be interesting 🤔 I can't seem to find one

Something kinda like that that popped on my mind was Crash Tag Team Racing (not to be confused with the PS1's CTR or its Switch remake xD) which had a hub world where it was on foot and you could buy upgrades, but not really a RPG

Also, not a kart one but recently I saw that Square did a PS1 racing RPG called Racing Lagoon

Did the Salmon Run hours get bumped up since launch? Looking at the schedule it’s generally available for 36 hours, then down for 6 hours? At that point why not just make it always available?
So dumb that you can get home from work, have a couple hours free to game, and the mode you want to play is just arbitrarily unavailable.
I think it needs to be shut down to change the map and weapons, maybe they can do it without disabling the mode but they choose not to.
It is dumb really hope they change it for Splat 3

I think it needs to be shut down to change the map and weapons, maybe they can do it without disabling the mode but they choose not to.
It is dumb really hope they change it for Splat 3
I mean obviously they don’t need to, it’d be the same as the maps rotating in the other modes.

I mean obviously they don’t need to, it’d be the same as the maps rotating in the other modes.
I mean probably but you never know.
I dunno why the take it out of the rotation for 6 hours either they could just take it down for 2 then put it back up

...hmm. Now that you mention it, has there ever been a kart racer RPG? There's been kart racers with adventure modes, yes, but an RPG? Would such a thing work or be fun?

Also Splatoon Good
And the Wacky Races IP is just sitting there

The Pro Circuit is Excitebike 64 is brutal as hell. Even with save states, each race is taking me ten or twenty minutes to win. The AI is turned up to 11 and if you aren’t absolutely perfect they’ll leave you in the dust. It’s forced me to actually learn how the game’s physics and controls work, lol. I can’t imagine trying to beat these championships without being able to save between races.

As someone who grew up with the likes of Banjo Kazooie, Crash Bandicoot, Spyro, Conker, Mario 64, etc, and misses the glory days of 3D platformers, the new Kao the Kangaroo is looking quite appealing.
Yeah, it's highly derivative, but so are many good games.
This particular kind of experience is relatively rare nowadays; seems like it'll be a nice nostalgic romp to save for a rainy day. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom