• Hey everyone, staff have documented a list of banned content and subject matter that we feel are not consistent with site values, and don't make sense to host discussion of on Famiboards. This list (and the relevant reasoning per item) is viewable here.

StarTopic Nintendo General Discussion |ST8 May 2022| Prime Real E-ST8

Status
Not open for further replies.
In the UK mid 20s/mid 70s would be "hot" but here, after mid to high 30s/90s for 4 weeks, these temperatures feel perfect.

Shame it probably won't be like this again until October.

In the UK mid 20s/mid 70s would be "hot" but here, after mid to high 30s/90s for 4 weeks, these temperatures feel perfect.

Shame it probably won't be like this again until October.
I was actually shocked how hot it gets here when I first moved. Like... I'm from Australia, a country which is famous for hot summers. But New York is hotter! Sure, Australia has higher highs, but the average summer day in New York is much less pleasant than the average summer day in Sydney.

I am currently playing Yoshi's Crafted World (I have it in backlog for 2 years since there was that price error on Walmart few years ago so many people got it at cheap price) and I have to say, we really need Woolly World on Switch. Crafted World is good tho so far, not best by any means.

The demo of Trinity Trigger (Project TriTri) will be released in Japan tomorrow (2022.05.36):

Hopefully an English demo will be released later. There's also a PS4 demo, but it'd cost you 100 yens.

I am currently playing Yoshi's Crafted World (I have it in backlog for 2 years since there was that price error on Walmart few years ago so many people got it at cheap price) and I have to say, we really need Woolly World on Switch. Crafted World is good tho so far, not best by any means.
I enjoyed Crafted World more than others, but it was such a step back from Wooly World. Wooly World is legit the best game after the original, and if I may be bold, surpasses the original in so many ways by correcting the obvious flaw of the original in which progress did not carry over unless you did a perfect run for every metric (coins, flowers, life) in one go. If I can name one thing the original does better, is that Yoshi is faster. Art style is subjective of course. I love the yarn style a lot.

The issue with Crafted World is that by the time the game ramps up the challenge and gets weird and interesting with its themes and level design, the game is halfway over (the horror world and ninja world are stand outs). The flip side mechanic is interesting, but it was not used very well except for hidden collectibles. It would have been better used as part of the actual level design while you are doing the first run. Replaying the level but on the other side was not very fun. They should have had you going from front and flip throughout the level instead of having to beat it, and then re-do it.

The music was not as good as Wooly World, and neither were the boss battles. Wooly World was also more challenging as each world has tough bonus stages, and getting all the collectibles could be tough.

Weirdly, I couldn't tell yall why I liked Wooly World better but I just know I liked Wooly World better.
nothing can touch Yoshi's Island tho

oh my god, this can't be happening. i plugged my switch into the charger, and now it's not turning on. did i brick it?

edit: nvm i did a hard reset and it worked 😬 my heart fell to my asshole for a minute there

They usually don’t do anything after a tragedy.
This is completely true. I'm in Texas and have done my best to switch my mind away from it because it was too much to process last night. Fatigue does also tend to lead to brain fog.

I DO NOT BELIEVE THIS GUY WHATSOEVER.......BUT I WANT IT TO EXIST SOOOOO BADLY!

The devil works hard, but Markomaro works harder reading this forum from that previously discussed patent about Astral Chain.

You can tell he's not a real insider because despite the bullying he's still around to peddle his "rumours".

The devil works hard, but Markomaro works harder reading this forum from that previously discussed patent about Astral Chain.

You can tell he's not a real insider because despite the bullying he's still around to peddle his "rumours".
ooooo patent? you got link to it on the forum?

Please don’t tell me this person saw the patent posted here earlier for the original Astral Chain that was filed in Japan back in Febraury 2019 and then went with that.

Last edited:
ooooo patent? you got link to it on the forum?
Gotchu fami 😘

This Nintendo patent filed last week (although it only just appeared) seems intersting. Anyone guess what game it's for? Looks like Mario meets Luigi's Mansion meets Zelda looking at the drawings.

Looks like Astral Chain.
Drawings look a lot like Astral Chain. There’s actually two moves just like it in the game.
Yep. Takahisa Taura, Kaori Ando, and Makoto Okazaki are the game's directors.

Gotchu fami 😘
giphy.gif

Astral Chain 2 is definitely happening - Nintendo locked down that IP for a reason. Nintendo seems to see Platinum Games and Monolith Soft as part of their "mature gamer" strategy - they're not huge hits, but I suspect they sell hardware

This is really funny because I was going to post it and claim the patents proved as much.
Astral Chain 2 is definitely happening - Nintendo locked down that IP for a reason. Nintendo seems to see Platinum Games and Monolith Soft as part of their "mature gamer" strategy - they're not huge hits, but I suspect they sell hardware
The fact they made sure they have ownership of the IP is interesting, and I do want to believe a sequel is happening. I do think Nintendo see value in the relatively low-selling IP they have; especially when things like Astral Chain are so different to the rest of their line up. They know that ultimately, software variety is as important as major tentpole releases (even if discussion online often forgets that - see files A through Z of "Metroid skepticism").

YouTube video- Nintendo just CONFIRMED ASTRAL CHAIN 2 is in DEVELOPMENT!

Hey guys your favorite Youtuber here. So I wanna talk about one of the best Nintendo insiders, Markomaro, and he confirmed Nintendo is working on Astral Chain 2!

Hey guys your favorite Youtuber here. So I wanna talk about one of the best Nintendo insiders, Markomaro, and he confirmed Nintendo is working on Astral Chain 2!
chill Dark Cloud, we all know that MarcusSellars is the best Nintendo insider out there.

God I would be over the moon if Astral Chain 2 got announced but that ain't happening anytime soon especially with Bayonetta 3 on the horizon.

"Don't forget to hit like and subscribe!"

y'all want astral chain 2 when we already have better food at home ( Bayonetta 3 !!!!!! )
At one point we’ll unfortunately be done eating this fabulous, 3 Michelin stars meal that is Bayonetta 3 and will have to look for another place to eat. The 1 Michelin star establishment named “Astral Chain 2” seems a good place for that

If Monolith decides to revisit Xenoblade X with a rerelease or a sequel, I think they should be a little more ambitious with the multiplayer aspect. It would be really cool to explore the world with a friend imo.

Patents mean nothing when it comes to whether an Astral Chain sequel is happening. Everything from that publication is based on the original 2019 filing.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom