• Hey everyone, staff have documented a list of banned content and subject matter that we feel are not consistent with site values, and don't make sense to host discussion of on Famiboards. This list (and the relevant reasoning per item) is viewable here.
  • Do you have audio editing experience and want to help out with the Famiboards Discussion Club Podcast? If so, we're looking for help and would love to have you on the team! Just let us know in the Podcast Thread if you are interested!

StarTopic Nintendo General Discussion |ST8 May 2022| Prime Real E-ST8

Status
Not open for further replies.
Did they make sure to turn it upside down before handing it to you?
My cousinโ€™s other side of the family owned the local DQ growing up. Needless to say got a lot of ice cream treats and chicken strips with gravy. Had a few other friends that worked at McDonalds too. Amazed I didnโ€™t get extremely overweight from all that free food

uhm..... well... ya see...
xbone but please don't tell anyone

But what if I told you I was munching some Subway while doing it? ๐Ÿ‘€
I havenโ€™t played my switch in a while. Been using my Xbox lately to play Valkyria Chronicles 4 and Ys Origin. Tho my initial intent was to play Halo Infinite and finish it but I did not like the single Player. And no co-op made me drop it.

Also got FFXV royal to finally see the game all the way through. What I played before I didnโ€™t like but itโ€™s been a while so new eyes. New prespective

My cousinโ€™s other side of the family owned the local DQ growing up. Needless to say got a lot of ice cream treats and chicken strips with gravy. Had a few other friends that worked at McDonalds too. Amazed I didnโ€™t get extremely overweight from all that free food
Good metabolism. My dad constantly eats burritos, enchiladas, pizza, and burgers and he never gains weight. I so much as look at pasta and I pop a button. Some people have the gift. LOL

I have no idea what this is referencing lol
Oh then you think I just talked about literally turning Dragon Quest upside down then, huh? ๐Ÿคฃ

Ah. That doesnโ€™t exist here.
I thought it was an Australia โ€œdown underโ€ joke!
When they serve ice cream treats they literally turn them upside down before handing them to you as a gimmicky thing to show how thick they are. If they do it and it pours out, you get one for free (presumably a new one).

I havenโ€™t played my switch in a while. Been using my Xbox lately to play Valkyria Chronicles 4 and Ys Origin. Tho my initial intent was to play Halo Infinite and finish it but I did not like the single Player. And no co-op made me drop it.

Also got FFXV royal to finally see the game all the way through. What I played before I didnโ€™t like but itโ€™s been a while so new eyes. New prespective
I haven't played my Switch in a while either, but mostly because my free time is all scattered and since I had snagged Nier Automata on hella sale a while back I decided to start it a couple months ago (assuming that if my gaming time was even further disrupted I wouldn't care as much as I would if I were in the middle of Chrono Cross or Kirby) and joke was on me because it was such a transcendent experience that I then sought out Replicant and am now just so neck-deep in Nier this month that even with pre-ordered Switch games arriving they're going from the mail right to the drawer. LOL whoopsie

Also hell yes to FFXV. I went in expecting to not like it but I ended up really enjoying and appreciating what they tried to do, and I hear the Royal Edition adds enough of the cut content/story back in that it really improves the experience. Hope you enjoy it this time!

Iโ€™d be surprised if custom shells werenโ€™t available by now on etsy or something
That's what shocks me, nearly six months later and I still haven't successfully found something like that on Etsy or elsewhere ๐Ÿคทโ€โ™‚๏ธ

20 minutes into Nier Replicant:
Oh hey, I recognize this music already!

30 minutes into Nier Replicant:
Oh hey, I recognize this.. place, actually.. uh... UH....

Donโ€™t worry. It doesnโ€™t exist in some places in the US.

Tho years ago, you couldnโ€™t not watch anything on TV here without seeing their Mascot, which is just big red lips.
I'm sure that's true, but to me the idea that DQ isn't in some areas seems WILD. In the mountain west/south it's everywhere; the old joke we used to have was that while driving from Colorado to Texas, every single town you pass through no matter how tiny (even population of like 100), will at the very least have a gas station and a Dairy Queen. Quite possibly in the same building.

There's some Better Cal Saul fans on here, right? Because uhhh

WHAT THE FUCK AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA
walter-white-shocked.gif

Is that a goddamn Irish flute in the field music for Nier Replicant?
Game of the fuckin year, yall. yes I know it came out last year, shut up

I'm sure that's true, but to me the idea that DQ isn't in some areas seems WILD. In the mountain west/south it's everywhere; the old joke we used to have was that while driving from Colorado to Texas, every single town you pass through no matter how tiny (even population of like 100), will at the very least have a gas station and a Dairy Queen. Quite possibly in the same building.
Same. Driving to anywhere in the eastern or southernparts of the PNW, you always found a small town DQ.

Iโ€™ll drop a late night hot take (might not even be a hot take. Just a take).

I really dislike Ultra instinct Shaggy. Personally donโ€™t find it funny, and shame that itโ€™s a trait for a character when itโ€™s out of character for the game. Thought it would be more fun to be more like the classic cartoon for the game, shouldโ€™ve inserted a laugh track like older Scooby Doo cartoons.

Iโ€™ll drop a late night hot take (might not even be a hot take. Just a take).

I really dislike Ultra instinct Shaggy. Personally donโ€™t find it funny, and shame that itโ€™s a trait for a character when itโ€™s out of character for the game. Thought it would be more fun to be more like the classic cartoon for the game, shouldโ€™ve inserted a laugh track like older Scooby Doo cartoons.
Yoshiโ€™s final smash should be committing tax fraud.

Being dead inside is a prerequisite for Tom Cruise being Tom Cruise.
I wonder if Tom Cruise being dead inside is the reason he does all these insane stunts, to try and feel something. And then he films it, and we get to enjoy the action movies based around it. We're directly benefiting from Tom Cruise being dead inside. Stay dead, Tom Cruise! I'm only half awake rn

Itโ€™s really a shame that Cruise is a piece of shit because heโ€™s been making some of the best action movies of the last decade.
I don't know what to think about Cruise : he's a lunatic who promotes a cult (making him both a victim of said cult and a possible instigator of harm to others), but I know two persons who worked with him, and both told me that he's the nicest A-list actor they ever worked for, that he remembers the name of everyone on the crew, is professional, brings coffee for everyone in the morning and such. So I dunno. It's like Kanye : you can't ignore all the bad things he's done, but at the same time you can tell that he's someone who is first and foremost in serious need of psychiatric help.

The worst thing about Remake is that they did a Mediocre job making Midgar Part 1 since you could see the areas they literally stretched it rather then expand upon the orignal.

The sewer level being one of the biggest offenders. The Train Station seems to be well liked but I found it to be bad overall that added very little overall. My least favorite was the Shrina Break-in.
In a vacuum I didn't mind the train station part, the biggest problem I had with it was that it was placed smack-bang in the middle of a time-critical plot segment and slowed the pacing down to a crawl. You should really have rushed through on the first visit and gone back later or something for ghost funtimes. Like as a sidequest chain or something.

Although, yeah, much as I liked FF7R, they really did not nail the pacing in general by stretching out some weird and minor parts for filler content.

I don't know what to think about Cruise : he's a lunatic who promotes a cult (making him both a victim of said cult and a possible instigator of harm to others), but I know two persons who worked with him, and both told me that he's the nicest A-list actor they ever worked for, that he remembers the name of everyone on the crew, is professional, brings coffee for everyone in the morning and such. So I dunno. It's like Kanye : you can't ignore all the bad things he's done, but at the same time you can tell that he's someone who is first and foremost in serious need of psychiatric help.

Yeah, definitely agreed. Itโ€™s a weird situation and I really wish he wasnโ€™t involved with Scientology.

This Friday is Dragon Quest's anniversary. Do you think we'll get any new information on upcoming titles in the franchise?

I'm really looking forward to seeing gameplay of Dragon Quest 12.

iu

This Friday is Dragon Quest's anniversary. Do you think we'll get any new information on upcoming titles in the franchise?

iu
I feel like they would already have made an announcement if that were the case, so I don't expect anything.

Curious how much there is to this rumour. Even though I generally like card-based systems, I was a bit skeptical about its implementation in Midnight Suns so I don't know how to feel about this. "Huge revamp" suggests to me that they changed it dramatically and might have even removed it completely.

Feeling intense regicidal urges today, how y'all doing

Curious how much there is to this rumour. Even though I generally like card-based systems, I was a bit skeptical about its implementation in Midnight Suns so I don't know how to feel about this. "Huge revamp" suggests to me that they changed it dramatically and might have even removed it completely.
I haven't followed the game too closely, but based on what I remember, I hope they keep the card system in.

iu
If they were showing first gameplay they would 100% announce and hype it in advance.
I hope itโ€™s a 2023 game though. Gimme that Dragon Quest Souls-Like ๐Ÿคค

Dragon's Dogma 2 news incoming?!?!?!?!?!

(...Probably not.)
According to those Capcom leaks it is supposed to be releasing within a year or two. So it could get announced soon.

Dang yโ€™all must sleepin or workin on this Tuesday morning huh? You should try being like me, sitting at home with covid, that way you could post all day and I can stay entertained!

side note, thank goodness Iโ€™m vaxxed and boosted. The virus has basically just been an annoying cold for me, and it only lasted a few days. I feel all better now, I just have to wait a few more days for quarantine purposes. Get vaxxed, folks!

Nah, card system isnโ€™t a 6 month delay 2 months before release itโ€™s a 1-2 year overhaul if theyโ€™re taking it out and they wonโ€™t, itโ€™s their vision for the game. Perhaps add some mechanics for mitigating RNG but it wonโ€™t be majorly changed. Could just mean they tweaked the artstyle and want to make a bigger impact with the next trailer because theyโ€™ve been radio silent

Feeling intense regicidal urges today, how y'all doing
I mean Reggieโ€™s a dweeb but I think murderโ€™s a bit far

the only good crown is a buried crown

Dang yโ€™all must sleepin or workin on this Tuesday morning huh? You should try being like me, sitting at home with covid, that way you could post all day and I can stay entertained!

side note, thank goodness Iโ€™m vaxxed and boosted. The virus has basically just been an annoying cold for me, and it only lasted a few days. I feel all better now, I just have to wait a few more days for quarantine purposes. Get vaxxed, folks!
I'm too busy cleaning up various poop stains from this damn norovirus that my kids are having trouble kicking.
Okay so the interview ended up being today lol I'm currently waiting to go in. Wish me luck!
Best of luck!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom