• Hey everyone, staff have documented a list of banned content and subject matter that we feel are not consistent with site values, and don't make sense to host discussion of on Famiboards. This list (and the relevant reasoning per item) is viewable here.

StarTopic Nintendo General Discussion |ST8 May 2022| Prime Real E-ST8

Status
Not open for further replies.
Also people misread the article, the actual wording says revamped TRAILER, not gameplay, the article writer just assumes gameplay. It could just be they’re doing a better cut trailer that better explains things
Eh, the article is written in a confusing way but it’s unlikely that it only refers to the trailer. The author just doesn’t know what that revamp entails.

1653408946981.png

You should see a News tab on the top of the page now

Eh, the article is written in a confusing way but it’s unlikely that it only refers to the trailer. The author just doesn’t know what that revamp entails.
The source quote in the article says ‘revamped trailer’ the assumption from the author misphrases it into it being a revamp of the actual game, but the actual quote wording implies it’s just for the trailer. But hey time will tell.

The source quote in the article says ‘revamped trailer’ the assumption from the author misphrases it into it being a revamp of the actual game, but the actual quote wording implies it’s just for the trailer. But hey time will tell.
The article also mentions a "huge revamp". "Revamped trailer" could easily refer to a trailer of the revamped game. But as the author himself hasn’t managed to get any concrete information from his sources, I don’t think we can infer a lot from the wording of the article.
👀

Last edited:
not gonna lie I fuck with temtem a little bit

not sure if I'll play it but it has my interest

Thanks for the reminder to turn off auto renew for PS Plus.

Man, I’m usually pretty platform agnostic and I usually buy every console, but I don’t have a PS5 yet and almost every choice Sony is making these days makes me just not want one at all. Between Jim Ryan peeing his pants about saying literally anything to defend reproductive rights, their absolute greed regarding getting subscription money from people by hook or by crook (this shit definitely leans “crook”) and just every business decision they’ve been making lately (paid next gen upgrades, the GT7 micro transaction debacle, PS1 games being PAL versions????) it’s frankly pretty embarrassing.

Look, I won’t mince words: On the whole, Sony’s first party/exclusive output doesn’t do anything for me. They shut down Japan Studio. Gran Turismo seems like a mess (I like driving games a lot). And most importantly: Yakuza games are no longer exclusive to Playstation, being simultaneously released on Xbox. Like A Dragon’s next gen version being exclusive to Series X at launch guaranteed I bought a Series X at launch.

Originally my stance was “I’ll get a PS5 eventually, maybe when PSVR2 is out.” Now it’s “I think I’m okay just not having one.”

I don’t say all of this to say Sony is doomed or whatever. Clearly they’re doing just fine. And frankly I don’t care to console war or anything. I’m frankly not the biggest fan of Xbox’s first party output either (I thought Halo Infinite was really boring. I do really love Forza Motorsport though)

But man: I have active disinterest in buying the Sony video game box or engaging with the PlayStation brand in literally any way. Their values and direction just do not line up at all with what I want out of games as a medium.
I just feel zero motivation to get any of the next gen twins at this point in time. PC and Switch have me covered so well, the others would just gather dust. But for sure PS5 is the console I’m the least interested in due to the recent Sony shenanigans.

With the "News" tab, we wanted to make it easier/faster to see the latest news. One click and you have the latest gaming news threads.

The "Games" tab would have been database related. Imagine something along the lines of DekuDeals.com, Mobygames or IMDB.com. But due to limited time and other priorities, that idea probably won't be materializing anytime soon.

TemTem and other games of its ilk give me weird vibes. When I grew tired of Sprite I just stopped drinking it. I didn’t look for better tasting off-brand Sprite.

@bellydrum , when is the Famiboards Battle Pass coming out?! It's been months since Famiboards launched and have gotten ZERO new content! Just patches! I've run out of things to do and unlock. This is the worst FAAS (Forums as a Service) I have ever seen. We are starving for new content. I want the battle pass to release so I can unlock the @Dardan Sandiego skin, complain about its overall quality, and then begin complaining again about how there's nothing to do or unlock.

And this forum desperately needs a Battle Royal. No one wants to watch me livestream Famiboards and subscribe to my Twitch unless there's a Battle Royale.

@bellydrum , when is the Famiboards Battle Pass coming out?! It's been months since Famiboards launched and have gotten ZERO new content! Just patches! I've run out of things to do and unlock. This is the worst FAAS (Forums as a Service) I have ever seen. We are starving for new content. I want the battle pass to release so I can unlock the @Dardan Sandiego skin, complain about its overall quality, and then begin complaining again about how there's nothing to do or unlock.

And this forum desperately needs a Battle Royal. No one wants to watch me livestream Famiboards and subscribe to my Twitch unless there's a Battle Royale.
Don't worry, fam, I got u covered.

NwssWzg.jpg

Temtem still does not look good to me. I think I’m fine waiting for Coromon to come out.

I’m also actually wondering if I’ll ever bother to buy a PS5 or XSS/XSX. Feels like most of the interesting games come to PC/Switch anyway.

I wonder, would it even make sense to buy this game physical?
I mean it's an MMO so you would always need to be online.
So even if they patch in the ability to play offline after the fact, when both the servers of the game and the patch is down sometime in the future the game cartridge is kinda worthless.

Would it even make sense to buy this game on Switch if you only play handheld mode on commutes?

This feels like a buy digital game to me.

Dang y’all must sleepin or workin on this Tuesday morning huh? You should try being like me, sitting at home with covid, that way you could post all day and I can stay entertained!

side note, thank goodness I’m vaxxed and boosted. The virus has basically just been an annoying cold for me, and it only lasted a few days. I feel all better now, I just have to wait a few more days for quarantine purposes. Get vaxxed, folks!
100% same, back to work tomorrow for me though! Glad to know I'm not alone in it "only" being an annoying cold keeping us at home.

I wonder, would it even make sense to buy this game physical?
I mean it's an MMO so you would always need to be online.
So even if they patch in the ability to play offline after the fact, when both the servers of the game and the patch is down sometime in the future the game cartridge is kinda worthless.

Would it even make sense to buy this game on Switch if you only play handheld mode on commutes?

This feels like a buy digital game to me.
To sell it later if you want to, that is one off the main reasons to buy physical copies for me nowadays

To sell it later if you want to, that is one off the main reasons to buy physical copies for me nowadays
I guess that's a reason, it's still kind of a timebomb if the servers go down.
In 20 years when the game's servers are down noone will want to buy the physical copies because they'll be worthless.
Well that's also depending on the availability of the promised offlione mode patch but still.
I'm a mostly physical buyer myself, but there's times these days where some of these physical versions are so gutted, with content missing on them, be it a whole game like with FFX remaster collection or all the late patch characters inb games like Mario Tennis, that I'd rather just take the digital version for convenience.

The environment design in TemTem looks cool but everything else seems generic to me, especially the TemTem designs which should be the main focus for this game.

People can say what they want about Pokemon, but they nail the designs every time.

Last edited:
Sony please

Do one thing that will make me like you

One thing
The only thing modern Sony can do along these lines is announce a bad idea and then redact it for positive press.

"No! No! We're not going to take down PSN on PS3 & Vita...yet..."

How is the Smash Pro Controller? I have a chance to buy a genuine used one, but I was thinking it might have older sticks that are more drift prone compared to the new MH edition.

How is the Smash Pro Controller? I have a chance to buy a genuine used one, but I was thinking it might have older sticks that are more drift prone compared to the new MH edition.
Pretty good, actually. I've had mine since day one and I'm slowly coming around to using it more frequently than my Gamecube controllers.

I think because the pro controllers have full sized control sticks compared to joycons they're not prone to drift as quickly, so at least it's not as much of a risk in that you'll probably get a lot more use out of it before it does start crapping out on you

Pretty good, actually. I've had mine since day one and I'm slowly coming around to using it more frequently than my Gamecube controllers.

I think because the pro controllers have full sized control sticks compared to joycons they're not prone to drift as quickly, so at least it's not as much of a risk in that you'll probably get a lot more use out of it before it does start crapping out on you
Thanks, glad to hear they’re holding up. I had a Splatoon 2 Pro drift on me but Nintendo replaced it for me. I guess I’ll go for the Smash!

I’m watching Return of the Jedi

Obviously, The Rise of Skywalker is the worst thing that Star Wars movies have ever done

But “Jedi Rocks” is a close second

I’m watching Return of the Jedi

Obviously, The Rise of Skywalker is the worst thing that Star Wars movies have ever done

But “Jedi Rocks” is a close second
Han shot first is the most talked about change, but what George Lucas did to Return of the Jedi, especially with the 2011 editions, was straight up criminal.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom