• Hey everyone, staff have documented a list of banned content and subject matter that we feel are not consistent with site values, and don't make sense to host discussion of on Famiboards. This list (and the relevant reasoning per item) is viewable here.
  • Do you have audio editing experience and want to help out with the Famiboards Discussion Club Podcast? If so, we're looking for help and would love to have you on the team! Just let us know in the Podcast Thread if you are interested!
  • General system instability
    🚧 We apologise for the recent server issues. The site may be unavaliable while we investigate the problem. 🚧

StarTopic Nintendo General Discussion |ST5 Feb. 2022| Xenodelayed Chronicles 3

Which was your favourite announcement from the Direct?

• Fire Emblem Warriors: Three Hopes

Votes: 14 3.0%
  • Mario Strikers: Battle League

Votes: 68 14.7%
  • Nintendo Switch Sports

Votes: 33 7.1%
  • Xenoblade Chronicles 3

Votes: 191 41.3%
  • Splatoon 3 - Salmon Run Next Wave

Votes: 5 1.1%
  • Mario Kart 8 Deluxe - Booster Course Pass

Votes: 54 11.7%
  • EarthBound + EarthBound Beginnings on NSO

Votes: 6 1.3%
  • Disney Speedstorm

Votes: 1 0.2%
  • SD Gundam Battle Alliance

Votes: 2 0.4%
  • Taiko no Tatsujin: Rhythm Festival

Votes: 2 0.4%
  • Front Mission 1st + 2 remakes

Votes: 4 0.9%
  • Live A Live

Votes: 50 10.8%
  • No Man's Sky

Votes: 5 1.1%
  • Chrono Cross: The Radical Dreamers Edition

Votes: 7 1.5%
  • Klonoa: Phantasy Reverie Series

Votes: 7 1.5%
  • Portal: Companion Collection

Votes: 12 2.6%
  • Star Wars: Force Unleashed

Votes: 1 0.2%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
When you think that The Boys can't get more fucked up

will-smith-head-shake.gif

Half the reason I bought mine at launch was because I wanted a UHD player. I'm glad I just got it already with the chip shortages. That system won't see a price cut for years.
Yep, I'm afraid also. And I really hate missing out on Demon's Souls remake :(

i'm thinking 2022 lineup is too stacked as it is, the first half already planned and bayo 3, botw 2 and mario rabbids in the 2nd half of the year. new fire emblem makes more sense for 2023.
Nate thinks it could come this year since it apparently makes sense with the marketing that is planned for it. Although covid has really messed up all the plans and dates. It's starting to become overwhelming with how many quality games are coming lol.

Nate thinks it could come this year since it apparently makes sense with the marketing that is planned for it. Although covid has really messed up all the plans and dates. It's starting to become overwhelming with how many quality games are coming lol.

...fighter's pass 3?

thinking-tired.gif

Seems like Chuggaaconroy is going to do a Splatoon 2 LP after playing Xeno 2 for almost the entire pandemic

How closely does the Boys follow the comics?

After I was done reading it I needed a few days to process it

So are we getting that eShop sale in the Americas too or...?
I don't think so, all the major publishers already held a sale within a month. Capcom's, EA's and Ubisoft's just ended, Namco's and Activision's are still going on.

Where did Nate mention the marketing out of curiosity? Anything that lends credence to a real new FE this year I gotta know
I don't think she talked about it in that post (just said both were close to finished) but maybe she has elsewhere
Nah I don't think so

Where did Nate mention the marketing out of curiosity? Anything that lends credence to a real new FE this year I gotta know

Nah I don't think so

Thats cool, so hopefully we get a reveal at E3, they could do a final Warriors trailer(since it comes out around a week after that) and then follow it up with a new FE trailer

I expect the new FE to be announced in September and released in March.
Much like Kirby and Yoshi, I feel it is a title that will fit in March.

So, I bought the Powerslave remaster and it’s great, the controls are excellent and off course, feature great gyro aiming.

The only, only problem resides in the french translation, witch is hilariously bad because of ONE single problem (and always the same) : the accents are always corrupted because not compatible with the Font used.

Example : Santé (Health) is displayed « SantÏ »
Puissance d’arme (Weapon power) is displayed « Puissance d ÏÏarme »
and so on and so on.

If any Nightdive Studio dev is around, could you take a look ? ^^
Also there’s another problem regarding the french version (sadly very common and a sign that the translator isn’t french at all) : the translation of the options menu is very… bad. As a french, I had to set the language to english to understand what the gameplay options were saying.

I know it’s a minor thing considering how great the remaster is and it only concerns text, but that’s a recurrent thing with Nightdive remasters of games that were not available in french in their original releases (Shadowman does not suffer from this).

Super Mario RPG is totally gonna be one of these surprise Square Enix HD-2D remakes at some point isn't it?
If we all post about this nonstop we can speak this into existence.
It would be kind of wild, the specifically 3D-rendered Super Mario RPG to be turned into pixels for the HD-2D aesthetic. I wouldn't necessarily put it past them, at least to try it, though.

I wonder what sort of negotiations would have to take place for a remake of that game, regardless of the final direction.

Almost kind of figure such talks might be the necessary step for anyone to decide they want to make an actual follow-up, or to get the approval needed.

Regardless, it did lead to Paper Mario and Mario & Luigi.

Yeah prices have gone nuts in the pandemic. I could put an addition on my house if I sold my CIB collection no problem.

The title is even more amusing now, as the game has been announced and apparently, coming out in mere months after being revealed.

Did not see that coming.

There is nothing funnier thinking back to launch year that people are now confident in a fall release for a Xenoblade game and doubting that Breath of the Wild 2 will launch.

WW HD was over printed and easy to find on sale. TP HD was later on when Nintendo had a better idea of what non Smash/Splatoon/MK8 releases would do on the platform.

Thinking we get a May or July Direct this year. No point in doing one in June with no E3, and that month is packed anyways. May could show more of Strikers and Warriors, while July wouldn't have to show them at all.

Year release infographics are always one of my favorite things to drool over after a direct, many pretty colors and hopes and dreams lol

Decided to make a thread about it to share in the fun :)

PS5 so far is Horizon and backlog for most of 2022 for me, until next Black Friday when I stock up again.
PS5 for me is GT7 and backlog, then later on in the year I’ll get Horizon and maybe Elden Ring on sale. The big PlayStation purchase for me this year will be PSVR2, which is basically the whole reason I bought a PS5.

Plus, who the heck knows what Spartacus is. If I’m lucky, I’ll be flooded with PS2 nostalgia for quite a long time.

I can wait for another direct for a while. This last one satiated me immensely. Even if its July (Which I don't think it will be)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom