• Hey everyone, staff have documented a list of banned content and subject matter that we feel are not consistent with site values, and don't make sense to host discussion of on Famiboards. This list (and the relevant reasoning per item) is viewable here.
  • Do you have audio editing experience and want to help out with the Famiboards Discussion Club Podcast? If so, we're looking for help and would love to have you on the team! Just let us know in the Podcast Thread if you are interested!

StarTopic Nintendo General Discussion |ST5 Feb. 2022| Xenodelayed Chronicles 3

Which was your favourite announcement from the Direct?

• Fire Emblem Warriors: Three Hopes

Votes: 14 3.0%
  • Mario Strikers: Battle League

Votes: 68 14.7%
  • Nintendo Switch Sports

Votes: 33 7.1%
  • Xenoblade Chronicles 3

Votes: 191 41.3%
  • Splatoon 3 - Salmon Run Next Wave

Votes: 5 1.1%
  • Mario Kart 8 Deluxe - Booster Course Pass

Votes: 54 11.7%
  • EarthBound + EarthBound Beginnings on NSO

Votes: 6 1.3%
  • Disney Speedstorm

Votes: 1 0.2%
  • SD Gundam Battle Alliance

Votes: 2 0.4%
  • Taiko no Tatsujin: Rhythm Festival

Votes: 2 0.4%
  • Front Mission 1st + 2 remakes

Votes: 4 0.9%
  • Live A Live

Votes: 50 10.8%
  • No Man's Sky

Votes: 5 1.1%
  • Chrono Cross: The Radical Dreamers Edition

Votes: 7 1.5%
  • Klonoa: Phantasy Reverie Series

Votes: 7 1.5%
  • Portal: Companion Collection

Votes: 12 2.6%
  • Star Wars: Force Unleashed

Votes: 1 0.2%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
FKrMTAGXEAU42rx

Yeah about that…

Well hey, if you want to play the definitive HD version of the game and actually own it, you have still have to play it on Xbox!

good morning, started the day by reading “level-headed takes” about COVID by people on “Reddit dot com”

including that immunocompromised people and disabled people whether as a result of COVID or prior existence will become an “inconceivable tax burden” and perhaps it’s “better that they die of COVID” than “do irreparable damage to society”

so literally the nazi talking points and eugenics shit I keep warning everyone about

as highly rated and agreed with comments

after being up until 3:30 am crying with my partner because we’re having a hard time and can’t meaningfully build up our lives in our current position and everyone wants us to die and officials want us to just “accept living with it” now and the literal nazi truck parade is coming to town this weekend to really shit in our smoothies

so

I’ll stop derailing the Wii-Switch trouncathon but uh spare a thought for us or an encouraging pizza of the mind because it’s fuckin’ rough

and please

I’m begging you

punch nazis and derail all eugenicist logic you see
Everyday life feels like a Sisyphean task right now. I hope you're able to push that boulder over the hill.

I've done it. I bought my first full price game digitally.

I'm not gonna lie it feels weird, you mean I don't have to wait weeks to play it after having actually paid for it?

I think I could get used to this.

What fans hope: "With the initial success of Pokemon Legends, I hope that they put some of that games ideas into the mainline series"

What will be reality: "Mainline, remake, Let's Go, and now Legends. We got 4 ways to your money now, suckers!"

What fans hope: "With the initial success of Pokemon Legends, I hope that they put some of that games ideas into the mainline series"

What will be reality: "Mainline, remake, Let's Go, and now Legends. We got 4 ways to your money now, suckers!"
I will buy one of those four series going forward lmao

Are the usual suspects mad online about BDSP making bank?

It's 50/50 between BDSP being terrible and Sw/Sh undeserving those 20+ mil sales. All with a hint of "Well at least Game Freak did a couple of things right with Legends"

I still have not played a single second on my own copy of Legends Arceus which I got as a gift because my girlfriend is a game hog so I've had to play my brother's game over family sharing...

thank you for the kind wishes everyone, I shall now atone with shitposts

uhhhhhhh 𝕰𝖑𝖉𝖊𝖓 𝕽𝖎𝖓𝖌 𝕱𝖎𝖙

Any loser Brits stuck here on The Plague Island Ran By Clowns found preorders for Advance Wars or Triangle Strategy under the £40? Shopto have Kirby at £39.85, so I'll go for that, and I could get one game with an existing voucher, which is currently set for Advance Wars. Prices seem to be creeping up into the low and mid £40s again, and I don't mind paying around £42, but obviously looking to save the pennies where possible because we're a famously stingy people.

Curry's always seem to offer new releases at £34.99 or less with free next day delivery. Just wait until launch week

thank you for the kind wishes everyone, I shall now atone with shitposts

uhhhhhhh 𝕰𝖑𝖉𝖊𝖓 𝕽𝖎𝖓𝖌 𝕱𝖎𝖙
elden ring fit is a very good joke

also I hope you recover well? I never know what to say that isn't inappropriately saccharine or inappropriately morbid

So we should get GB/GBC for Switch. I wonder if that’ll be the cutoff. Then next gen it continues with GBA, DS and maybe GC?
I'd imagine we'll also see more Sega systems like the Master System, Saturn, and Game Gear.
good morning, started the day by reading “level-headed takes” about COVID by people on “Reddit dot com”

including that immunocompromised people and disabled people whether as a result of COVID or prior existence will become an “inconceivable tax burden” and perhaps it’s “better that they die of COVID” than “do irreparable damage to society”

so literally the nazi talking points and eugenics shit I keep warning everyone about

as highly rated and agreed with comments

after being up until 3:30 am crying with my partner because we’re having a hard time and can’t meaningfully build up our lives in our current position and everyone wants us to die and officials want us to just “accept living with it” now and the literal nazi truck parade is coming to town this weekend to really shit in our smoothies

so

I’ll stop derailing the Wii-Switch trouncathon but uh spare a thought for us or an encouraging pizza of the mind because it’s fuckin’ rough

and please

I’m begging you

punch nazis and derail all eugenicist logic you see
Don't worry about derailing if you have concerns this heavy weighing down on you. It may not mean much in the outside world, but I hope you can take some comfort in knowing that you have the support of this community behind you.

Famiboards ought test for Nintendo DNA before letting you sign up.

I'd imagine we'll also see more Sega systems like the Master System, Saturn, and Game Gear.

Don't worry about derailing if you have concerns this heavy weighing down on you. It may not mean much in the outside world, but I hope you can take some comfort in knowing that you have the support of this community behind you.

I'm not sure if we will see the Master System since there is the SEGA Ages line. I couldn't imagine trying to play the OG Phantasy Star now lol.

Saturn would be a dream, but I have no idea how hard the emulation would be for what would ultimately be a small library.

Game Gear could be pretty cool. Not sure how much demand there would be, or how many games are viable (licensing), but I like the idea.

Give it time and someone will beat Dark Souls with a Ring-Con. If they haven't done so already.
There's a challenge runner who beat Dark Souls with an electric guitar, with different pitches being assigned as different button inputs.

I sleep until someone beats Dark Souls on a microwave oven.

I've done it. I bought my first full price game digitally.

I'm not gonna lie it feels weird, you mean I don't have to wait weeks to play it after having actually paid for it?

I think I could get used to this.
I don't own a physical game besides botw lol. I buy a ton of games so it's nice to atleast get some gold coins for my purchases. Even if it's not much

Like I said before...the fact that we have Genesis on NSO at all, with games like Castlevania Bloodlines and Contra Hard Corps included, tells me that third parties aren't necessarily against having their games on the service even in-spite of having their own collections to sell them through.

They just want bigger pay for it. Which is probably the biggest reason for the increased price of the Expansion Pack.

"ACNH is now the best selling game ever in Japan beating Pokemon gen 1"

This Nintendo on Nintendo violence has got to stop.

It's not the first time that he talks about a star wars musou mmh...

Since Sony is getting exclusive Star Wars game and many other multiplatform Star Wars game, I could see Nintendo getting a deal with Disney in getting an exclusive Star Wars game and get KT to develop it. Similar to how Nintendo got KT to develop Marvel Ultimate Alliance 3.

Konami should remaster/rerelease Pop'n TwinBee: Rainbow Bell Adventures.

For no other reason than it being one of the first games I remember playing. I have no idea if it even was any good. I have little recollection of the game itself, tbh. I just remember having played it.

Just found out about the Ghostwire Tokyo presentation tonight. I look forward to it!

seems like Advance Wars remake is more of a Nintendo of America or Nintendo of Europe decision. And it will certainly be announced for Japan in the next direct.
This is clearly Nintendo of America flexing to build partnerships with studios possibly possessing Nintendo DNA within the Americas so it can build up a little empire of its own.

Nintendo of Europe next.

Probably not on many people's radar but I'm really hoping that The Cruel King and the Great Hero is good. It's out on the 1st of March.

Based on their previous work (The Liar Princess and the Blind Prince) it's probably not too long either.

I'm with you there. It looks like it could be a neat little title. Forgot it was releasing so soon.

It's a crime that Famicom Detective Club didn't get a physical release either but at this point I'll take anything.
I'm still holding out hope for a physical release with all the Famicom Detective Club content, including Yuki ni Kieta Kako from Satellaview.

The biggest news of the day

HOLY FUCK

I'm doing my best to ignore all the bullshit of the convoy but Christ this is some next level nostalgia that pushed it completely out of my mind

These are games made for literal children but before Mario, before Pokemon, Putt-Putt was my VERY first video game on a PC running Windows 95 and maybe 128MB of RAM

Konami should remaster/rerelease Pop'n TwinBee: Rainbow Bell Adventures.

For no other reason than it being one of the first games I remember playing. I have no idea if it even was any good. I have little recollection of the game itself, tbh. I just remember having played it.
Available on Wii U VC if all things (not in NA unfortunately). I would very much like releases of the old PSP Konami shooter collections. Gradius, Parodius, Salamander, Hudson Soldier collection, twinbee. It’s sort of insane. Too bad only Gradius collection made it to the west.

HOLY FUCK

I'm doing my best to ignore all the bullshit of the convoy but Christ this is some next level nostalgia that pushed it completely out of my mind

These are games made for literal children but before Mario, before Pokemon, Putt-Putt was my VERY first video game on a PC running Windows 95 and maybe 128MB of RAM

My dad once told me our first home computer in 1995 had a 300MB HDD. Those were the days.

My dad once told me our first home computer in 1995 had a 300MB HDD. Those were the days.
Something simple about popping in a 3.5" floppy disk to access your 16-bit dinosaur drawing game.

Now if you show zoomers a floppy disk they think "cool, you 3D printed the save icon"

E: I wanted to make a follow-up on "is this what my dad felt when That 70s Show first came to TV" but then I remembered that's being rebooted into That 90s Show and yeah, I too will know that exact pain before long

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom