• Hey everyone, staff have documented a list of banned content and subject matter that we feel are not consistent with site values, and don't make sense to host discussion of on Famiboards. This list (and the relevant reasoning per item) is viewable here.
  • Furukawa Speaks! We discuss the announcement of the Nintendo Switch Successor and our June Direct Predictions on the new episode of the Famiboards Discussion Club! Check it out here!

StarTopic Nintendo General Discussion |ST33 June 2024| Bash at the Beach feat. chocolate_supra

• Thread starter Deleted member 1081
  • Start date
I'm a bit confused by that artworks. That's obviosly little Leif and little Seliph and of course they're about the same age, but why are Ayra (Larcei has shorter hair in official art iirc) and Shannan doing there looking the same age, when Ayra is Shannan's aunt?
It's actually Ayra teaching Shannan, who passes her teachings onto Seliph with a time skip!

It's actually Ayra teaching Shannan, who passes her teachings onto Seliph with a time skip!

Ah that makes more sense, but it doesn't help that little Shannan looks almost 1:1 like a little Quan or little Leif would look.

Heat is severely lacking.... I mean the board game, the store I bought just confirmed that the publisher is OoS and they can't confirm any copy that was bought during pre-order :(.
In terms of temperature it is 30°C.

Lots of stuff discounted from my wishlist in the eShop sale, but continuing fiscal discipline due to unemployment means I can't take too much advantage.

But discounting plus gold points means I could get Please, Touch the Artwork for nothing or that and Townscaper for £2.50...

Lots of stuff discounted from my wishlist in the eShop sale, but continuing fiscal discipline due to unemployment means I can't take too much advantage.

But discounting plus gold points means I could get Please, Touch the Artwork for nothing or that and Townscaper for £2.50...
For better or worse nothing past my threshold is on sale, and none of the stuff id take on a shallow sale is on sale.

If Costco ever does the bigger Eshop card bump again I’m probably doing vouchers and using one on HWDE

can someone tell me if I'm missing something

I'm normally pretty intrigued by games like Lorelei and the Laser Eyes. and in the little bit we've played, there's certainly been some atmosphere.

but... I'm finding it... incredibly annoying so far??

which doesn't track at all, I'm an oldhead Mystlover and Year Walk enthusiast. put me in a "fuck around til the puzzles solve themselves" playground and I'll twiddle every goddamn knob

idk what it is about it. I can sense the metacommentary on the perimeter, and I'm intrigued...

I just find it... so annoying to actually play...

Somehow I missed that this was a rougelike tactical game. Might have soured me on it. Though Into the Breach is randomized so maybe it will be ok. Tend to prefer tactics where scenarios are well designed rather than randomized. We shall see

tbh it's probably that haunting little walk cycle and the fact that "Use Tampon" doesn't work on every interactable

I'd also give more credit if I got amusing text about my failures instead of just blank "waaauOMP" every time

For better or worse nothing past my threshold is on sale, and none of the stuff id take on a shallow sale is on sale.

If Costco ever does the bigger Eshop card bump again I’m probably doing vouchers and using one on HWDE
I remember getting Hyrule Warriors in a GameStop price error for $29. Quickest I ever jumped in a digital code because I knew this game was unlikely to be discounted very much.

Somehow I missed that this was a rougelike tactical game. Might have soured me on it. Though Into the Breach is randomized so maybe it will be ok. Tend to prefer tactics where scenarios are well designed rather than randomized. We shall see

To be the maps are all designed not generated, there’s over a 100 of em. And I’d imagine there’s curation on what a mission can output.

I’m awaiting the other 5 characters to be revealed even if 3 of them being the Ikari warriors is obvious XD

I'm normally pretty intrigued by games like Lorelei and the Laser Eyes. and in the little bit we've played, there's certainly been some atmosphere.

which doesn't track at all, I'm an oldhead Mystlover and Year Walk enthusiast. put me in a "fuck around til the puzzles solve themselves" playground and I'll twiddle every goddamn knob

idk what it is about it. I can sense the metacommentary on the perimeter, and I'm intrigued...

i did find the early puzzles a bit uninteresting (the first five or so are literally just "add two or three numbers together" lol) and they're a bit sluggish to interact with, probably to discourage brute forcing, but I started really loving the game soon after, once I realized the huge number of puzzles I already had the information to solve. they're also slightly more of the professor layton variety of puzzlebook-puzzle than they are of the Myst variety despite the way they're presented.

that said, if it's the tone you're annoyed by, I definitely get it lol. the goofy pastiche of like five different styles of European cinema was something I also found initially grating, but I also ended up loving that after some time too. I think the writing is solid enough that it ends up not just feeling like parody or thoughtless homage.

either way, I'd say stick with it a bit longer! it intentionally overwhelms you with information at the start before you can even really do anything, but I think it's incredibly well-structured and once it gets moving it really moves.

I remember getting Hyrule Warriors in a GameStop price error for $29. Quickest I ever jumped in a digital code because I knew this game was unlikely to be discounted very much.
I got it back around launch at a discount but was in a different place, hit a wall going back and wound up trading it in and I regret it… tho I also wouldn’t mind having it digitally so I’ll take whatever sale I can get. Jealous of that price error on digital tho XD

Currently 49 degrees…
in fahrenheit, right?

5fa5ckU.jpeg

Just realized I haven't given an update on Backlog Year since a rogue AI tried to take over Famiboards. Time is flying! Anyway I've made some progress, slowed only by Penny's Big Breakaway and Ace Combat 7. Which wasn't a bad thing, for sure.

fHAyCyC.jpeg

Just realized I haven't given an update on Backlog Year since a rogue AI tried to take over Famiboards. Time is flying! Anyway I've made some progress, slowed only by Penny's Big Breakaway and Ace Combat 7. Which wasn't a bad thing, for sure.

fHAyCyC.jpeg
HORIZON CHASE TURBO TIME

It's nice to see Wildfrost continuing to get free updates. Might have to redownload it on the Switch and give it another go to see what's all new.

The walk is a bit slow, and the controls are a little bit wonky with the whole 'one button' thing it has going on. And the early puzzles aren't great - as well as that a lot of the puzzles are more puzzle-book style puzzles, too (although I love those!). But things really kick in once you've played a bit and start to get more information. And I find that the atmosphere only settles in and gets more and more unsettling as you go.

That said I'm only around 65% done and need to get back to it - I'm really curious what the hell is going on with it all and I'm still pretty in the dark.

(I also know absolutely nothing about classic cinema in general, much less European cinema, so if there's some things to glean from knowing about that then it's going right over my head)

Apparently, I have an infection in my tooth, so I couldn't get the root canal finished today. At least, I paid everything in full, already.

fHAyCyC.jpeg
I bought Wandersong in 2018 and every few months I play like 10-30 minutes, enjoy my time and then don't go back to it for another few months. Why is that, man

Uuuggghhhhh how long is the right side of my mouth gonna be numb? I'M HUNGRY 😭😭😭😭😭

Your firmware is up to date right? What about your internet connection, if it went out briefly it may be doing that since it can't get the info.
That's the strange thing, checked my firmware (18.0.1), checked my dock for updates (nothing, as per usual), and my wired internet connection (110Mbps down/70 Mbps up).

So peculiar, but then after 10ish minutes it said 6 people were online from when I first posted

is it really a monday if I'm not making people mad in the silksong topic?

HORIZON CHASE TURBO TIME
I've actually been playing it little by little between other games! I really like it but I quickly realized it's better to have as like a chill thing to pick up when I'm between games and not ready to commit to the next. Kinda like Tetris Effect and Suika Game. It actually shouldn't be on the list anymore because of that but I don't wanna go to the trouble or redoing the text wrap 😅

plz post temps in terms of F degress going forward (F stands for Freedom)

thanks
Okay fine, it's gonna be 105 degrees F (F stands for Fuckinghot)

It's not your fault some people in there are behaving like unreasonable idiots.
I wouldn't go that far

people just have their own worlds and expectations and I think the demands for the time and attention of others, particularly creatives, can really lose the forest for the trees and reinforce how devalued and loathed we are.

it hits especially hard when creative jobs have been eviscerated by bullshit AI and corporate bullshit

so I can't not say some shit about it, even against my better judgment

Why SEGA didn't let Backbone to do a reference to an AoStH meme for this trophy? It personally infuriates me!
JCTkW4k.jpeg

They had many options, "That's not good!", "Hedgehog Stew", anything.

(Game is Sonic's Ultimate Genesis Collection btw)

Back
Top Bottom